IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

Gentleman.

I would like to announce the opening of 'Wok N Rok' on Sunday the 1st December. We are a Western style Chinese bar restaurant. We offer quality cuisine and if you like what's on our menu you will love what's on your plate!

We are located near the Chaba Hut Resort in Soi Buakhao. Open from 12pm-12am 7 days a week. Daily specials will be on our board every day.

We are open for sit in and take away food. Delivery service and Website to follow.

This is a 'soft' opening but we will be have an official party with a Chinese buffet very soon.

Please look at our menu and we hope to welcome you to Wok N Rok. Please click on the menu to expand it.

Cheers...

Menu_jpg.jpg

Menu2 - Copy.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck with your new venture, I remember your posts under a different OP name as you wanted to keep the location secret.

Hopefully the main meal servings are of a large size for the price?????

Will call in for a feed in the new year, you should have all the kinks worked out by then.

Again, good luck.

Best of luck good looking menu

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

7, 50 ,66 and 88 = 345 Bt .. Will try that in few weeks time.. Best of luck on your Business

Hopefully the main meal servings are of a large size for the price?????

Yeah, I'd happily pay their prices for decent Chinese food but in a notorious "savvy tourist" area it's hardly inexpensive, probably similar to China Garden's prices but without the frills.

I can get a chicken curry and rice for £3.50 in the UK.

Still, they may develop a following and turn out great food, good luck to them.

Good luck with the business hope it works

Wish you every success.

However, one omission from the menu >

>

Where are the tinned Lychees?

The food has been getting rave reviews from people lucky enough to get early samples.

Good luck and will definitely be giving it a try in January.

I have always thought a good "British style Chinese place would do well in Patts".............lol

Will certainly give it a try...............

Dave

7, 50 ,66 and 88 = 345 Bt .. Will try that in few weeks time.. Best of luck on your Business

Hahaha....I'll get almost exactly the same meal when I'm there in Jan! 

Hahaha....I'll get almost exactly the same meal when I'm there in Jan! 

Might bump into you there and will know you if you are ordering the same...  :Wassup1:

Menu looks good, but sure wish you had a Chow mein with crispy fried egg noodles. That is one of my favorites. I just came home for about 2 weeks, but will be back in about 2 weeks, so I will stop by and give it a try. Maybe I will get lucky and see my favorite dish on the menu by then, but if not, I will surely find something I like. :GrinNod1:

:ThumbUp6:  :ThumbUp6:  :ThumbUp6:

Best of Luck!

Menu looks good, but sure wish you had a Chow mein with crispy fried egg noodles. That is one of my favorites. I just came home for about 2 weeks, but will be back in about 2 weeks, so I will stop by and give it a try. Maybe I will get lucky and see my favorite dish on the menu by then, but if not, I will surely find something I like. :GrinNod1:

:ThumbUp6:  :ThumbUp6:  :ThumbUp6:

Best of Luck!

Just ask the Chef and you will get crispy noodles on your Chow Mein.

And thanks for all your replies and kind wishes.

The portions are huge. If you can't eat it all (so far everybody except one has managed and He asked for a take away container) you can take the rest Home.

Cheers...

Great news - a good old UK-style Chinese take-away (basically Cantonese fast-food) has long been on my 'missing' list. Bit pricey in comparison maybe but, like so many things, worth it if the food can actually live up to the promise (fingers crossed).

Will certainly give it a try, at least.

Add Singapore noodles and the menu will be complete as far as I am concerned.

I will stop by tomorrow.

We ate their this afternoon and first impressions were it is a nice small welcoming bar to eat in. The service staff were attentive, understood English and delivered exactly what was asked for.

Initially we had asked for crispy aromatic duck as I assumed it would be on the menu but could not see it, the service girl brought the chef/boss through and she explained it is not something they currently do.

She went on to suggest duck with Peking sauce which we ordered and we also had crispy shredded chilli pork, egg and chicken fried rice and a hot & sour soup to share. The food took just over 10 minutes to arrive which was fine as it was clearly cooked fresh and arrived hot.

The hot & sour soup was good and had a good constistency but could have been a little spicier but thats just our taste.

The chicken and egg fried rice was spot on exactly how it is back in Scotland but I agreed with some of the above in regrads to sweetness. Both the pork and duck were well cooked and crispy with adequate sauce but both the Peking and chilli sauces were too sweet, not a big deal as we both finished them but maybe in future we just request it not so sweet.

Add in a couple of waters and a coke and the total bill was just over 600thb which IMHO was good value and I will certainly be back to try another choice.

All in all I would definately recommend this place as it is as good if not alot better than other chinese offerings both past and present in Pattaya.

The more the cash, the better the gash

I spotted this place a few days ago and was determined to give it a try when the time was right.

That was tonight after picking up the GF from work. No Thai menu for her. We left immediately. 

It's not a Chinese restaurant, it's simply another tiny Soi Buakhow bar that happens to serve "Chinese food." Ain't nothing wrong with that. I'll go back by myself and give it an honest try.

I saw on another board that the "Chinese chef" was "trained in Scotland." Not exactly a brilliant marketing move, so I'm not expecting magic.

We''ll see. I'll get back to you.

I spotted this place a few days ago and was determined to give it a try when the time was right.

That was tonight after picking up the GF from work. No Thai menu for her. We left immediately. 

It's not a Chinese restaurant, it's simply another tiny Soi Buakhow bar that happens to serve "Chinese food." Ain't nothing wrong with that. I'll go back by myself and give it an honest try.

I saw on another board that the "Chinese chef" was "trained in Scotland." Not exactly a brilliant marketing move, so I'm not expecting magic.

We''ll see. I'll get back to you.

Does the GF only eat Thai food?

I think the "Scotland" reference is alluding to them serving British style Chinese food, as opposed to Chinese style Chinese food! Yeah, I know how it sounds and understand your point but there's a huge difference. It's a Brit thing!

I am an avid Chinese food fan,although i wish you had some American style Chinese dishes, But anyway I just order a bunch of food and i so excited! waiting for it to be delivered as i type this!

Highly reccomend this restuarant. It serves the best Chinese food in Pattaya, with best prices. If your an expat you will love the food, it's just like home. Try it and see for yourself. A must visit place for anyone who fancies something different.

Archived