Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

Two nights in a row for us.

Good stuff.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will pay a second visit tomorrow and try spring rolls and chicken with Peking sauce with fried rice, I know I should visit there more often after my first visit which was a success..

Will pay a second visit tomorrow and try spring rolls and chicken with Peking sauce with fried rice, I know I should visit there more often after my first visit which was a success..

Be sure and give us a report on the spring rolls. Love 'em when they are good.

Crunchy filling is a must.

Been back twice this week, had chicken in batter in orange sauce today and was very good, wife was happy to see the black bean sauce back on the menu, l had a little taster of it and was better than the last time, not that there was anything wrong with it last time just little bit different.

Wok n Rok, have you thought about offering water/fruit juice/fanta/sprite with the 'daily special' instead of Leo?

There are some of us here in pattaya who dont drink alcohol and some folks dont like to drink beer whilst eating lunch/dinner/supper and some beer drinkers who dont like Leo, you would maybe sell more 'specials' and would imagine profit margins on these drinks wouldn't differ too much from Leo.

Just a thought!

That's a very good point. This will be included in tomorrows special. Thanks...

Two nights in a row for us.

Good stuff.

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying it. Thank you for your custom.

And by the way we are working on a small Thai menu. Thai food is now available at request. It wont be a large menu but should keep our Thai customers happy.

That's a very good point. This will be included in tomorrows special. Thanks...

cool.

what's your facebook page?

Guys...

I'm happy to report that the black bean dishes are back on the menu, thanks to a good Samaritan that sourced the real powder for her to make the sauce recipe.

Also we have improved (if that's possible) our curry sauce. There was one ingredient missing we couldn't get here and we are now cooking exactly to UK restaurant class curry sauce.

Today's special is chicken and black bean sauce with rice or chips. Included is a beer, soft drink or tea coffee.
195 Baht.

That's a very good point. This will be included in tomorrows special. Thanks..

You are welcome, its refreshing to see an owner listening to the punters remarks and suggestions, which is seriously lacking in a lot of places here.

Keep up the good food and service and l'm sure you will get the rewards.

Be sure and give us a report on the spring rolls. Love 'em when they are good.

Crunchy filling is a must.

Went to a second visit to Wok n Rok , ordered spring rolls, chicken with Peking sauce and fried rice. Taste exactly at my local Chinese take away. Much improvement with the number of customer, noticed that delivery man is very busy delivery the take away orders. I assure you who likes your local Chinese in Uk and Ireland that you will def enjoy the menu there. Brian, the spring rolls is what you hoping for, crunchy ....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Can assure youbthe spring rolls are ok. Same quality as chow soi but smaller. Compensated by 3 against 2 so probably equal in overall value for money.

Like the daily special setup :) pay a bit more and include rice and drink so in the end bit cheaper then the components separate

Maybe you should do menus in general :) dish rice/fries and drink

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Can assure youbthe spring rolls are ok. Same quality as chow soi but smaller. Compensated by 3 against 2 so probably equal in overall value for money.

Like the daily special setup :) pay a bit more and include rice and drink so in the end bit cheaper then the components separate

Maybe you should do menus in general :) dish rice/fries and drink

Funny how you said in your first revevue our spring rolls were tasty compared to others.

Agenda methinks mate but hay ho...Lol

Come to WoknRok and try for yourself fellow addicts. :GoldenSmile1:

Went to a second visit to Wok n Rok , ordered spring rolls, chicken with Peking sauce and fried rice. Taste exactly at my local Chinese take away. Much improvement with the number of customer, noticed that delivery man is very busy delivery the take away orders. I assure you who likes your local Chinese in Uk and Ireland that you will def enjoy the menu there. Brian, the spring rolls is what you hoping for, crunchy ....

Cheers..Was nice to see you Sir.

Funny how you said in your first revevue our spring rolls were tasty compared to others.<br /><br />Agenda methinks mate but hay ho...Lol<br /><br />Come to WoknRok and try for yourself fellow addicts. :GoldenSmile1:

<br /><br />like i said, i can assure they are ok :) just remembered i had nothing against them apart from coming at same time as main dish. and size vs quantity. correct me if that is any different from earlier :) distant decay makes that i am not sure if they tasted better, just remember they were definitely ok. <br /><br />so no agenda at all. don't know you, went in based on your advertisement on pa and reported as i at that time saw it from the premisses. <br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

<br /><br />like i said, i can assure they are ok :) just remembered i had nothing against them apart from coming at same time as main dish. and size vs quantity. correct me if that is any different from earlier :) distant decay makes that i am not sure if they tasted better, just remember they were definitely ok. <br /><br />so no agenda at all. don't know you, went in based on your advertisement on pa and reported as i at that time saw it from the premisses. <br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Where's your review? What you had against it was you had to order rice because it wasn't included. Plus you mentioned how empty the bar was and the quality of the girls because the Ladies from Bangkok hadn't arrived. What has that got to do with the food? lol..

Thanks for your review sir.

Anyhow...sorry I know you never enjoyed it and that's your opinion. Many others did so why post a negative response after a positive review from a board member. In fact TWO positive reviews and I can assure you Sir I have never met the BM. Seems like an Agenda to me so in that case I will not act to try and improve our product on your review.. how I do with others. Thank you and good day. 

Where's your review? What you had against was you had to order rice because it wasn't included. Plus you mentioned how empty the bar was and the quality of the girls because the Ladies from Bangkok hadn't arrived. What has that got to do with the food? lol..<br /><br />Thanks for your review sir.

Gee had to re-edit as you edited the post just before i quoted :)

read it again mate. about your spring rolls i wrote:

see http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/192666-wok-n-rok-curryoke-christmas-day/#entry2463834

Spring rolls. Medium size compared to thenplace on chayapoon (is it chow choy?) But 1 extra and good taste

so a) i did not say better, i said goid taste

b) seems you can not handle critics to well as i added photos of the food, commented on the blandness of cooked chicken. also commented the sauce did have an after burn effect (regarding spicyness that is which i personally do like)

commented that the boss lady generously offered a free drink, unrelated to my review of food.

to bad you only read the part about the rice. it was customer feedback. regarding uk chinese food, that was just meant as a retorical question. i think elsewhere you have a better expression: chinese food uk style. but also that you did not get.

would invite you to read it again if i thought it would make a difference. i see a positive in your new daily special which includes rice and drink. smart packaging.

and to the separate having to order rice: this would not have been a problem if staff would have enquired if i wanted rice with my dish (which they did not) or if it was clearly written on the menu. And yes. 30 baht for steamed rice is steep. total price of a dish of 185 for semi european food (if i remember well the shezuan chicken was 155) is still acceptable though.

again a shame you only read the rice bit and the uk chinese bit (by the way that comes from a discussion i read once where someone missed the authentic british indian curry - and especially the use of the word authentic :) ) a bit like the authentic copy of a rembrand in my livingroom :)

The review was made in your curryoke topic which included you boasting the great girls coming from Bangkok :) i just commented on that based on what i did see :)  Some people are maybe faster impressed. Also in this topic I did not commented negative at all on your spring rolls. I assured they were ok. Maybe you wanted me to write they were fabulous? no they were ok, tasted well but have had better (and for sure had many worse :) )

Haha maybe you should read again. In the end it was a review of the wok and rock, not of the dishes only. You have a concept of bar and restaurant/food facility. 

But do not take my word for it, after all I only eat in restaurants on average 5 days a week due to my travel for work. Apart from me having lived in the uk for 5 years (both Northern Ireland and the British mainland) so have had enough exposure to Chinese food UK style to understand what you try to sell. 

And again, what would be my agenda? I visited you based on your postings on PA, spotted you in the afternoon and decided to walk in to try it out. And gave a more critical review then you probably liked, there were however point in it you could work with or not. That is in the end your own choice as a business owner. You say I never enjoyed it, I stated the spring rolls were tasty :)

<br /><br />read it again mate. about your spring rolls i wrote:<br /><br />Spring rolls. Medium size compared to thenplace on chayapoon (is it chow choy?) But 1 extra and good taste<br /><br />so a) i did not say better, i said goid taste<br />b) seems you can not handle critics to well as i added photos of the food, commented on the blandness of cooked chicken. also commented the sauce did have an afterburn effect (regarding spicyness that is) <br /><br />commented that the boss lady generously offered a free drink, unrelated to my review of food. <br /><br />to bad you only read the part about the rice. it was customer feedback. regarding uk chinese food, that was just meant as a retorical question. i think elsewhere you have a better expression: chinese food uk style. but also that you did not get. <br /><br />would invite you to read it again if i thought it would make a difference. i see a positive in your new daily special which includes rice and drink. smart packaging. <br /><br />and to the separate having to order rice: would not have been a problem if staff would have enquired if i wanted rice with my dish or if it was clearly written on the menu. And yes. 30 baht for steamed rice is steap. total price of a dish of 185 for semi european food (if i remeber well the shezuan chicken was 155> is still acceptable though. <br /><br />again a shame you only read the rice bit and the uk chinese bit (by the way that comes from a discussion i read once where someone missed the authentic british indian curry - and especially the use of the word authentic :) ) a bit like thebauthentic copy of a rembrandt in my livingroom :) <br /><br /><br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Ok... you win. Thanks for your time writing your review.

Next one please.

Haha, you really can not handle critic :) good luck with your venture. I think you have a long future ahead of you.

You have been corrected twice in the past hour. Based on facts in the quoted post in your curryoke topic :) This is not a contest :) this is getting your facts straight :)

For all that read this:

Go try it for yourself. Like Jocky said: If you like Chinese food UK style you will like it (probably he is 100% right there) as i never really liked it in the UK either

I recommend the spring rolls (just tell the staff you want them first in case they have not been trained yet what starter means :) but in all fairness I was there in their first month I think) and make sure you order rice (in case the staff forgets to ask if you want rice with it because of the same lack of training - and guys lets not all bash on thai staff that need to be told everything)

It is actually a nice bar looks wise (not judging the ladies) and I actually like the pink light effects.From the bar part you have a nice view of the passing trade on Soi Buakaow

The restaurant part could use some decoration when I was there but that may well have changed. It is located in the back part of the bar so you have a bit of "privacy" during dinner

So just go there and make u your own mind. Taste differs per person. I just commented on my experience.

i read once where someone missed the authentic british indian curry - and especially the use of the word authentic :) ) a bit like the authentic copy of a rembrand in my livingroom :)

Actually I'd disagree with that comparison. British curry has taken on a life of it's own and is now the No1 takeaway food in the UK. Some call it the British national dish. There are dishes and versions of dishes served in the UK that are 100% UK creations and have never seen India. It's a version rather than a copy, different in the same way that dishes differ over regions. 'An authentic copy of a Rembrandt' is not a good analogy. 'An authentic oil painting in the style of Rembrandt' works better.

Chinese food is similar. UK restaurants serve a style of Chinese food unique to the UK. The fact it is now being exported as 'UK style' serves to highlight that it has come of age and found it's own niche. Perhaps it started out as copy. An attempt to replicate restricted by a lack of ingredients, who knows. It has grown from that and become a version all it's own, no longer a 'copy'.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Actually I'd disagree with that comparison. British curry has taken on a life of it's own and is now the No1 takeaway food in the UK. Some call it the British national dish. There are dishes and versions of dishes served in the UK that are 100% UK creations and have never seen India. It's a version rather than a copy, different in the same way that dishes differ over regions. 'An authentic copy of a Rembrandt' is not a good analogy. 'An authentic oil painting in the style of Rembrandt' works better.

Chinese food is similar. UK restaurants serve a style of Chinese food unique to the UK. The fact it is now being exported as 'UK style' serves to highlight that it has come of age and found it's own niche. Perhaps it started out as copy. An attempt to replicate restricted by a lack of ingredients, who knows. It has grown from that and become a version all it's own, no longer a 'copy'.

Let us have that discussion elsewhere (it is an interesting one but do not want to take to much focus away from the actual place.)

Haha, you really can not handle critic :) good luck with your venture. I think you have a long future ahead of you.

You have been corrected twice in the past hour. Based on facts in the quoted post in your curryoke topic :) This is not a contest :) this is getting your facts straight :)

For all that read this:

Go try it for yourself. Like Jocky said: If you like Chinese food UK style you will like it (probably he is 100% right there) as i never really liked it in the UK either

I recommend the spring rolls (just tell the staff you want them first in case they have not been trained yet what starter means :) but in all fairness I was there in their first month I think) and make sure you order rice (in case the staff forgets to ask if you want rice with it because of the same lack of training - and guys lets not all bash on thai staff that need to be told everything)

It is actually a nice bar looks wise (not judging the ladies) and I actually like the pink light effects.From the bar part you have a nice view of the passing trade on Soi Buakaow

The restaurant part could use some decoration when I was there but that may well have changed. It is located in the back part of the bar so you have a bit of "privacy" during dinner

So just go there and make u your own mind. Taste differs per person. I just commented on my experience.

We certainly do listen and try to handle ALL comments with constructive criticism. Where we can improve we will. But some things are beyond our control.

But we did take one of your remarks on board. We increased the marinade time for chicken in dishes like Szechuan. The meats are tougher here, the tenderizing processes and marinade times were altered compared to chicken, beef times in the UK. 

Staff in any start up is not easy. I'm the first to admit that. It can be very frustrating. Most have been replaced since you've been there. They are decent attentive hard workers. We're happy with that. Of course things can improve but this is Pattaya.

Why would you forget to ask for rice if you are capable of reading the menu? This wont change, the rice dishes are separate.

We're in our 2nd Month now. Thanks everybody for your continued support and custom. :)

woknrok_new_menu2.jpgwoknrok_New_menu.jpg

because as side orders there is only chips + chips and curry sauces maybe :) but then starters were also a main dish so clearly there was confusion about things. so insyead of assuming i can't read you should assume your menu is not 100% clear and ask yourself why. maybr some people want to order just rice or extra steamed rice so for me have it there is not strange. still does not tell me rice is not included in the main dish. by asking the customer during ordering you prevent this from happening. <br /><br />just to show how well i read it, i was spot on in my memory on the price of the szechuan chicken and that after about a month. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

because as side orders there is only chips + chips and curry sauces maybe :) but then starters were also a main dish so clearly there was confusion about things. so insyead of assuming i can't read you should assume your menu is not 100% clear and ask yourself why. maybr some people want to order just rice or extra steamed rice so for me have it there is not strange. still does not tell me rice is not included in the main dish. by asking the customer during ordering you prevent this from happening. <br /><br />just to show how well i read it, i was spot on in my memory on the price of the szechuan chicken and that after about a month. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

I never assumed you couldn't read. I assume anyone who can read English can see our rice menu with the prices. :)

Wok . U are thread fucking your own thread . LOL move on guys

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Archived