Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

Had the special last night

Chicken Curry was great, lots of succulent pieces of chicken with that UK taste all BRITS crave 

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get cell phone numbers from the 2 closest moto taxi stands would be my suggestion.

I love your product(s) but you are in a neighborhood that attracts the scum of the earth.

A few good head kickings would send the right message.

Yes. I am for real.

Dine where you want to. Who cares?

Now that we know you are for real and you have given us the wisdom of your experience on the scum of the earth of soi buakhao, could you reply to this previous post request, that you may have missed, asking for you to clarify the wisdom of your 'experience' thanks.

would you share the wisdom of your experience?

why you think it will only last 6 months and why you dont think it will further succeed based on the nationality of the owner?

CURIOUS & CONFUSED, cant make any reasoning from your statement or how you come to this conclusion! Cheers.

My quick review:

Ordered over the phone and was told it would be ready in 20 mins.

Called in a little after 20 mins and the food was waiting for me. Order was all correct. So that was a good start.

Sweet & sour chicken - decent taste, but not tangy enough for me and a little too sweet.

Egg fried rice - I actually found a bit strange tasting (can't put my finger on why).

Beef in Black bean - way too sweet, and could only eat some of it.

Generally a bit disappointed but not ruled it out yet.

While I wouldn't say I was an expert, I have grown up on Chinese food in England and spent a good few years in China (which yes, is different to UK Chinese food).

While I do like sweet Cantonese-style dishes, I found the ones I ordered to be too sweet, especially the black-bean which should have a more savoury taste.

I will give it a couple of weeks and try again. 

No matter where you go, there you are....

Gentlemen.

The Boss who is also the Chef at Wok N Rok will be co hosting the Tommy Dee morning radio show (9am-12) on Fabulous 103 FM on Thursday the 13th of February.

That's the day penciled in. She's excited and nervous, but looking forward to it. So a very big good luck to Ouy on Tommy's show this week coming.

Ouy.JPG

would you take special request. I mean say I want only baby corn in black bean sauce with rice, is that doable?

Sure, why not. If that's what you want that's what you would get. Might need to explain it to the kitchen though. :D

do you have hot sauce on the tables?I can't eat chinese food without hot sauce 

Sure, why not. If that's what you want that's what you would get. Might need to explain it to the kitchen though. :D

thanks. Actually thats one of the biggest challenge. I went to sunshine cafe soi 8. I am a vegetarian so asked the server to prepare noodles without meat and only vegetables. When it came back I asked my girl to taste and see if it has meat? Turned out they forgot about my special request. No problem, it was sorted out and new veg dish was prepared without any issues. I will definitely come to your establishment.  

thanks. Actually thats one of the biggest challenge. I went to sunshine cafe soi 8. I am a vegetarian so asked the server to prepare noodles without meat and only vegetables. When it came back I asked my girl to taste and see if it has meat? Turned out they forgot about my special request. No problem, it was sorted out and new veg dish was prepared without any issues. I will definitely come to your establishment.  

Clearly it is important to you to get a vegetarian meal, I can say the owner , wife, chef here is the cook so ask to speak to her ( I can also confirm she speaks perfect English ) with a Scottish accent.

You will get what you order.

This place is going from strength to strength. Well done to the OP keep it up you are on a winner.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Now that we know you are for real and you have given us the wisdom of your experience on the scum of the earth of soi buakhao, could you reply to this previous post request, that you may have missed, asking for you to clarify the wisdom of your 'experience' thanks.

Because over 9 years of living in Pattaya I have seen many bars and restaurants get off to a very strong start and then die on the vine because the owner got sucked into his success and thought keeping his nose to the grindstone was no longer important. Very foolish.

They find playing golf, drinking in other establishments, chasing pussy, whatever, was due to them because their businesses were up and running and quite successful. 

Nothing could be further from the truth. This is a very competitive market, and if you think you can launch a business, make it successful and then turn it over to a Thai staff and go play, you are fucked. I've seen it too many times.

We should all know by now that Wok 'N Rock is a quality operation. Excellent food. Excellent service. The reviews are in.

I, for one, hope that the owner keeps his nose to the grindstone. It ain't easy finding quality in Pattaya. We've found it in Wok 'N Rock.

Simple as that.

I fully agree PB I believe  and hope that this establishment will maintain the good quality food and service provided so far.

I strongly suspect this to be the case as the owner, and person who cooks the food has been trained in the UK and has been ( detached ) from the Thai ways !!!!!!!! for a considerable amount of  time.

The other partner is IMO a sensible guy and understands the market place all in all IMO a good team for success. 

They seem very happy and not the sort to drift apart.

I have no connection with them.

I have eaten there twice.

I wish them the best of success.  

We need more of this in Pattaya.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

That is one attractive lady chef!

She certainly does 'scrub up well' :WinkGrin1:  had to give foto a second look!

Keep up the good work, see you again soon!

Who needs home delivery when you have a Pixie. This is what Pixie has ordered for me tonight.

The beer is chilling down.  :GoldenSmile1:

8.  Chicken Curry

17.  Sweet and Sour Chicken

18.  Sweet and Sour Pork

54.  Chicken in Batter with Lemon Sauce

I have eaten here twice and taken out three times(different dishes) the food was excellent as was the service.Friends I introduced

to the restaurant also enjoyed.The only dish I found different to western chinese cuisine was the chicken and mushroom soup.In the

UK this dish is normally a clear soup with chicken pieces and mushroom(like a broth)This is not a criticism only an observation as

there chicken and mushroom soup was tasty.I will be back in July and will certainly be eating in the Wok and Rok again.Well done

Who needs home delivery when you have a Pixie. This is what Pixie has ordered for me tonight.

The beer is chilling down.  :GoldenSmile1:

8.  Chicken Curry

17.  Sweet and Sour Chicken

18.  Sweet and Sour Pork

54.  Chicken in Batter with Lemon Sauce

It was a very tasty meal and my only complaint was that I ate to much. Oh well there are some leftovers to be enjoyed today. 

When Pixie arrived back I noticed that the pork and chicken were in separate containers to the sauces, a very nice touch.

i finished my last takeaway last night 

sheswaun chicken best ive ever had    caught my lady pinching some and she reckons velly good

will be back for more in the next coule of day

any holes a goal

Gentlemen.

The Boss who is also the Chef at Wok N Rok will be co hosting the Tommy Dee morning radio show (9am-12) on Fabulous 103 FM on Thursday the 13th of February.

That's the day penciled in. She's excited and nervous, but looking forward to it. So a very big good luck to Ouy on Tommy's show this week coming.

attachicon.gifOuy.JPG

Gentlemen.

attachicon.gifOuy.JPG

If she's the chef I wouldn't give a shit on what the food tasted like, what a honey....

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

do you have hot sauce on the tables?I can't eat chinese food without hot sauce 

I've just spoken to Her. Just ask for it. We have it in the kitchen.

She certainly does 'scrub up well' :WinkGrin1:  had to give foto a second look!

Keep up the good work, see you again soon!

Lol....Yes. That was us going out at night in Tenerife.

A daytime picture. Different, more natural look. Enjoying our second jug of Sangria! in Spain. She will kill me for posting these...Lol. Already had a telling off for putting Her picture on Facebook. :WinkGrin1:

Tenerife.JPG

Today the 12th of February the special is Sweet and Sour Chicken with rice or chips. Any beer (excluding Heineken or San mig lite) or a soft drink, tea or coffee.

195 baht.

SweetANDsour - Copy.jpg

After reading all of the very positive reviews and being a lover of Chinese in England, I tried the schechewan chicken last night.......in a word, fucking delicious. I'll make this stop a more regular occurrence and will be recommending very highly to everyone who comes to my place.

Cheers

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

After reading all of the very positive reviews and being a lover of Chinese in England, I tried the schechewan chicken last night.......in a word, fucking delicious. I'll make this stop a more regular occurrence and will be recommending very highly to everyone who comes to my place.

Cheers

Alan.

Thanks Alan.

I don't know if you do food but if you want you can have our menus in your place. We will deliver and you keep your customers there.

If you're interested. P.M. me and I'll sort it out.

Thanks Alan.

I don't know if you do food but if you want you can have our menus in your place. We will deliver and you keep your customers there.

Thanks Alan.

I took one of your take way menus, but if I could get one of your plastic ones that would be appreciated...pop in and we'll have a beer.

Cheers

Alan.

Archived