Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

I can't think of any place as small as yours that has a buffet. I guess there's no harm in trying.

Good luck

Yes, fingers crossed. It's a one off event that has been arranged by the breakfast Club Pattaya. For Wok N Rok to showcase some of the best dishes.

Everybody welcome.

This is what will be on offer...

Chicken noodle soup

Spare ribs in Peking sauce.

Egg fried rice.

Chips.

Special mixed meat curry

Beef in black bean sauce.

Kung Pao char sui pork.

Chicken szechuan.

Duck in Peking sauce.

Chicken wings in honey chilli sauce.

Also banana fritter and ice cream on request.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A taster day is actually very smart and for a buffet the price not that high. On the other hand your 200 baht portions will normally fill a person well :)

If you do not kill me when i walk in will see if I can give you my business for the day as long as I can order spring rolls on the side

Looks good, I will be in there with Steamer for a meal in May

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Today's special at Wok N Rok is 'special mixed meat curry'

If you like chicken, beef or char Sui (roast red pork) curries then we have combined the three meats in one dish to bring you our special mixed meat curry.

You can have rice or chips and ANY beer of your choice or soft drink for 215 BAHT.

I can't think of any place as small as yours that has a buffet. I guess there's no harm in trying.

Good luck

I agree with you in order to make a profit you need a lot of seating area.

I suspect he is happy to make a loss and get guys who would not normally go there go and try it.

I am sure when they have they will return ( and he is ) hence his reason  for putting it on.

Anyone who has not been go take a look IMO it is a very good place.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I suspect he is happy to make a loss and get guys who would not normally go there go and try it.

I am sure when they have they will return ( and he is ) hence his reason  for putting it on.

JDM

Yes, you're correct.

With the anticipated turnout versus the cost of putting this type of buffet together, profit is not the reason we are doing it.

It's as you say to let people taste what Wok N Rok can do.

It's not a fancy looking classy establishment. It's a little humble single unit. But inside there is quality UK standard Chinese food.

Yesterday we had a customer in who had been put off in the past coming in. He's just posted on our Facebook page it's the best curry he's ever had in Thailand in all His years.

That's what we want. Come and try it.

Look what my wife just brought me home.

I love Chinese room night.

4. Hot and Sour Soup

5. Spare Ribs in Peking Sauce

7. Spring Rolls

15. Special Curry (Chicken, Beef, Char Sui)

17 Sweet and Sour Chicken

18 Sweet and Sour Pork

35 Beef and green pepper in black bean sauce.

I am into the Ribs and Soup. I just had to pause to compliment the Chef once again. I hope the message is passed on.

I will wake up tomorrow to amazing leftovers.  :GoldenSmile1: 

Look what my wife just brought me home.

I love Chinese room night.

4. Hot and Sour Soup

5. Spare Ribs in Peking Sauce

7. Spring Rolls

15. Special Curry (Chicken, Beef, Char Sui)

17 Sweet and Sour Chicken

18 Sweet and Sour Pork

35 Beef and green pepper in black bean sauce.

I am into the Ribs and Soup. I just had to pause to compliment the Chef once again. I hope the message is passed on.

I will wake up tomorrow to amazing leftovers.  :GoldenSmile1: 

The message has been passed on. Thanks once again.

JDM

Yeah. I'm just a bit worried for him that there might not be enough customers utilizing the buffet. Perhaps the food wont be replaced as often as it should so the quality suffers and turns off some. I think he'll need to be extra vigilant that night

As I said before, good luck to him.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

Yeah. I'm just a bit worried for him that there might not be enough customers utilizing the buffet. Perhaps the food wont be replaced as often as it should so the quality suffers and turns off some. I think he'll need to be extra vigilant that night

I take your point. I think the issue maybe with the time delay if it is full  ( and as stated there is one chief)  however I suspect most will be happy to sip on a beer and refill as when.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

I take your point. I think the issue maybe with the time delay if it is full  ( and as stated there is one chief)  however I suspect most will be happy to sip on a beer and refill as when.

JDM

That's the plan.

I'm also happy to say that her two 'assistants' in the kitchen are cooking quality Chinese food, time after time. I never thought they would get to this point but after just three Months with her constant training it looks like they are getting there.

Maybe she will get a day off soon after all.

A buffet is NEVER going to be as good as a meal straight out of a Wok. Everything changes. Sauces are made with a thinner consistency. Chinese buffet's are tricky. Where she used to work they had a weekend buffet and for sure it's never quite the same.

Although we have not done a buffet here yet we have catered for loads of bar party's. And even an hour or two later the food that's left, still tastes great.

But the great thing about a buffet is you can have all those flavours and tastes dancing on your tongue. And of course the value as well.

In the end it is a good promo for people. To get the taste for the food and try different dishes. See what they like and not. A bit of all.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Some more images of take aways being prepared for customers.

King_Prawn_Foo_Yung.jpg

King Prawn Foo Yung

Special_Curry.jpg

Special Curry

Kung_Pao_Chicken.jpg

Kung Pao Chicken

Special_Fried_Rice.jpg

Special Fried Rice

Dear Pattaya Addicts.

Chinese Buffet tomorrow night the 13th at Wok N Rok from 19:00 (7pm)

Ten items from our menu. Soups, ribs, main courses and banana fritters ice cream to finish.

This will have your taste-buds dancing.

All for only 349 Baht.

Our first Buffet at Wok N Rok. Held in conjunction with the Breakfast Club of Pattaya.

Plenty cold beer in the chiller too. :D

The kitchen at Wok N Rok will close at 17:00 (5pm) today. And re-open at 19:00 (7pm) for tonight's Buffet.

Interesting how some dishes seem so different (not necessarily bad as you have to try them).egg-foo-young.jpg?w=765

Foo Young always looks more like this back home.

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

I love this place, but we were hit with a little bit of weirdness tonight.

We arrived at 5:30pm and were told, "no food."

Why?

The girl said it was "buffet night" and the buffet would start at 7pm. Until then, "no food."

Incredibly stupid, but this is Thailand.

I love this place, but we were hit with a little bit of weirdness tonight.

We arrived at 5:30pm and were told, "no food."

Why?

The girl said it was "buffet night" and the buffet would start at 7pm. Until then, "no food."

They were preparing for a major event and you think they should hold all horses to cater to you?

What did you expect?

Hold the event Brian needs food now?

Well one benefit of chinese food is that it is prepared fast. So to prepare a meal in between should be possible. On the other hand he could have waited or asked for one of the dishes in the buffet that was already prepared

Not sure if the buffet was a big success or not. But as a taster night it was a good thing. Marketing wise it could have been presented more prominent on site. Pricewise it was more expensive then bigger buffet in germany and more expensive then Hilton lunch buffet for example. But i think the mix of available dishes was good and the temperature of the food was good. Even 2 hours in.. Hope for the business it was a success, at least from a marketing perspective

Interesting how some dishes seem so different (not necessarily bad as you have to try them).egg-foo-young.jpg?w=765

Foo Young always looks more like this back home.

Same same in the States

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

You have a talent, have you thought of marketing it to corporations. Providing unique training challenges for businesses old and new. You could call it 'Kobayashi Maru customer relations' :)

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Highly recommend Wok n Rok, ate there many times, everything I had was always spot on, cheers mate...

You have a talent, have you thought of marketing it to corporations. Providing unique training challenges for businesses old and new. You could call it 'Kobayashi Maru customer relations' :)

:LOL:

Archived