IGNORED

Wok n Rok

Wok N Rok

As a matter of interest, what day of the week is chefs day off? 

Who takes over the kitchen duties on this day?

Sir Barstool,

I stand to be corrected here but I don't think the chef has a day during the week I think maybe twice the place hasn't opened for the day when she needed a break. Mr Wok n Rok has said the wont let anyone do any cooking until they are up to standard.

I look forward to sharing a meal there with your good self later in the year.

Cheers,

Groggy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sir Barstool,

I stand to be corrected here but I don't think the chef has a day during the week I think maybe twice the place hasn't opened for the day when she needed a break. Mr Wok n Rok has said the wont let anyone do any cooking until they are up to standard.

I look forward to sharing a meal there with your good self later in the year.

Cheers,

Groggy

That's right mate. She's enjoying it. She's running the show and of course when the others are trained up, rotas will be put in place.

Anyhow, if you're going to the biggest party in Town tonight at the Nightwish bar on Soi 6 but you fancied Chinese food... There will be a Wok N Rok buffet at the nightwish. Please come along and see you there. 

That's right mate. She's enjoying it. She's running the show and of course when the others are trained up, rotas will be put in place.

Anyhow, if you're going to the biggest party in Town tonight at the Nightwish bar on Soi 6 but you fancied Chinese food... There will be a Wok N Rok buffet at the nightwish. Please come along and see you there.

Went tonight. There was 1 table of 8 there already. We were told it will be an hour wait for food. Will try again another night.

Went tonight. There was 1 table of 8 there already. We were told it will be an hour wait for food. Will try again another night.

Yes, it would have been a longer wait than usual. Wasn't just the table of eight, they were preparing the buffet for the Nightwish and had take away orders at that point.

Very unusual to be so busy at one given time.

Apologies, but at least the staff advised you correctly. Rather than taking your order and keeping you waiting.

Went tonight. Had sping rolls. Then had beef and blackbean, curry king prawns with special fried rice. Food was excellent, the Thai lady I took thought so as well. The spring rolls came just as I was finishing my first beer, the mains came just as we finished the spring rolls. I will be back for sure.

Went tonight. Had sping rolls. Then had beef and blackbean, curry king prawns with special fried rice. Food was excellent, the Thai lady I took thought so as well. The spring rolls came just as I was finishing my first beer, the mains came just as we finished the spring rolls. I will be back for sure.

Glad you enjoyed it.

To all our customers that likes their chips... we have changed from the skinny chips to a very nice steak cut chip. Just about the right size to dip into that curry sauce or with your fish and chips. These are a lot better and closer to the real deal than we have been using before.

Please come and try.

Been there a heap of times. The food & service is great. Only thing was I found the fried rice very bland & tasteless. I could of just been unlucky on the day. But all the meals were spot on.

Been there a heap of times. The food & service is great. Only thing was I found the fried rice very bland & tasteless. I could of just been unlucky on the day. But all the meals were spot on.

Hi, thanks for your custom.

The flavour of the fried rice was toned down, to suit the majority of people. Chinese fried rice has spices added and flavouring elements. That's exactly what was presented in the beginning but some people preferred a 'blander' more neutral taste.

Because of multiple Nationalities that prefer their Chinese 'their way' it's almost impossible to please everyone all of the time.

My takeaway order today.

4. Hot and Sour Soup

18 Sweet and Sour Pork

22 Kung Pao Chicken Hong Kong Style. In batter.

35 Beef and green pepper in black bean sauce.

One word to describe the food. "Superb."

An added bonus was 4 smiling lovelies when I picked up the order.

The flavour of the fried rice was toned down, to suit the majority of people. Chinese fried rice has spices added and flavouring elements. That's exactly what was presented in the beginning but some people preferred a 'blander' more neutral taste.

Because of multiple Nationalities that prefer their Chinese 'their way' it's almost impossible to please everyone all of the time.

Also been heaps of times, usually 2 or 3 times per week, and noticed difference in fried rice but l have to say l prefer the toned down version, which backs up Wok N Rok that its almost impossible to please everyone all of the time!

Still enjoying the food and the service, wife was with me again this week, smells the rice (as you do) before tasting and says ''it smells good and aroy'' as she has commented on all of her visits.

And as 'barstool' has posted

An added bonus was 4 smiling lovelies when I picked up the order.

Now that much a regular l get big smiles and waves eveytime l pass the restuarant :hello09:   Keep up the great service.

I plan on trying it soon but I'm not in Patts presently. I have tried the China Garden (which gets mixed reviews) and found everything to be bland.The Prawn fried rice looked and tasted like steamed rice and the Singapore noodle looked good but had no curry flavour. I wont be going back.

Can we ask for the 'flavourful' versions of some of these dishes?

btw

i'd rather eat a fishes face than a steak and kidney pie

I plan on trying it soon but I'm not in Patts presently. I have tried the China Garden (which gets mixed reviews) and found everything to be bland.The Prawn fried rice looked and tasted like steamed rice and the Singapore noodle looked good but had no curry flavour. I wont be going back.

Can we ask for the 'flavourful' versions of some of these dishes?

btw

Hi, we don't have Singapore noodles on our menu. We have Chow Mein. But I know she does a very nice Singapore noodle and I like the idea of cooking it in our curry sauce.

That could be added to our menu as Wok N Rok special curried noodles.

Hi, we don't have Singapore noodles on our menu. We have Chow Mein. But I know she does a very nice Singapore noodle and I like the idea of cooking it in our curry sauce.

That could be added to our menu as Wok N Rok special curried noodles.

Thanx.

What about the 'old' version of fried rice? Will she make it if requested?

Thanx.

What about the 'old' version of fried rice? Will she make it if requested?

The fried rice is fine.

Everybody has different tastes. You wont find it bland. Especially with prawns in it.

And here it is... Wok N Rok curried noodles.

This will now be available at Wok N Rok. It's our version of curried noodles. Based on the Chow Mein recipe but cooked in our own unique curry sauce.

It is very nice indeed.

This is the chicken curried noodle dish.

Curried_Noodles.jpg

This will now be available at Wok N Rok. It's our version of curried noodles. Based on the Chow Mein recipe but cooked in our own unique curry sauce.

It is very nice indeed.

attachicon.gifCurried_Noodles.jpg

Oh you sweet posting man.  :GoldenSmile1:

That will be in my next order. Oh My wife orders on the phone by numbers so what number please?

Oh you sweet posting man.  :GoldenSmile1:

That will be in my next order. Oh My wife orders on the phone by numbers so what number please?

No number yet. Just ask for Wok N Rok curried noodles. available with chicken or beef or prawn or mixed. Same price as the Chow Mein but oh so tasty.

I've just ate two platefuls. For research purposes of course... :GoldenSmile1:

It is very nice indeed.

attachicon.gifCurried_Noodles.jpg

Looks great, moist too. Some Singapore noodles are a bit on the dry side with curry powder.

Deffo will try soon.

Looks great, moist too. Some Singapore noodles are a bit on the dry side with curry powder.

Deffo will try soon.

The noodles are cooked in our own curry sauce that she makes herself. It's an exact copy of UK Chinese curry sauce. So yes, curry powder itself wouldn't work.

And maybe some people don't realise that the Chinese curry powder you buy off the shelf is NOT an ingredient of UK Chinese curry sauce.

Happy to say there have been a few customers in today, eating the curried noodles.

The noodles are cooked in our own curry sauce that she makes herself. It's an exact copy of UK Chinese curry sauce. So yes, curry powder itself wouldn't work.

And maybe some people don't realise that the Chinese curry powder you buy off the shelf is NOT an ingredient of UK Chinese curry sauce.

Happy to say there have been a few customers in today, eating the curried noodles.

And Barstool was one of them. I just enjoyed the Noodles and an amazing Sweet and Sour Pork with my wife and also got to enjoy your friendly charming staff.

2014-03-05 16.29.44 (Small).jpg2014-03-05 16.27.50 (Small).jpg

We are organising a buffet for Thursday the 13th March at Wok N Rok, starting at 19:00

There will be 10 trays on the Chinese buffet. Starters and main courses. These will be refilled when necessary.

Also banana fritters, ice cream when requested.

The cost is 349 Baht per person.

Please come and enjoy.

I can't think of any place as small as yours that has a buffet. I guess there's no harm in trying.

Good luck

Archived