Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Arsenal Thread..

papa_soda

I think it was Michael parkinson who said that football[soccer] was invented by the arrogant, played by the arrogant and watched by the arrogant.

Men fall in love by their eye`s, woman fall in love by their ear`s.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaco2

• Mavrick

• onourway

• papa_soda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think it was Michael parkinson who said that football[soccer] was invented by the arrogant, played by the arrogant and watched by the arrogant.

I think Parky is great - sorry Sir Parky as he is now! But he's dead wrong there. Like a lot of Yorkshire people, he's a cricket and rugby league fans first, then he says he likes Barnsley - which would explain his remarks about football!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Champions League:

Celtic 0 - Arsenal 2

Two lucky goals for the Gooners with deflections but we were the better team overall and Celtic have it all to do at the Emirates .......

Discuss!

Champions League:

Celtic 0 - Arsenal 2

Two lucky goals for the Gooners with deflections but we were the better team overall and Celtic have it all to do at the Emirates .......

Discuss!

first half i think there was not much between the two teams, the goal seemed to knock us back a bit, and Arsenal where on top second half, looks like game over to be honest, best of luck in the CL.

The way we closed Celtic down and competed for every ball gave me real hope for the coming season. We were not at our creative best, but Wenger seems to have instilled a hunger and relish for the game hitherto missing in recent previous seasons. I heard that there was a clique forming with Adebeyor, Toure, Eboue and Song that was unsettling the dressing room. Cannot be a coincidence that this transformation has taken place since the two main protagonists have gone and possibly Eboue following them out the door to Barca. The young guns are now in the early stages of being men and that maturity seems to be reflected upon the pitch..

As for winning the Champions League??..It is a Cup competition at the end of the day and we are one of 8 teams that, if all goes their way, can win it..As for the Premiership..We are still a little behind Chelsea and Man U, so I feel at this juncture we will finish third. But who knows how things pan out? Injuries to key players the likes of Rooney, Terry, Vidic, Lampard, will have their effect, but Chelsea and Man U have adequate quality in the their squads to compensate which is a luxury we have to a much smaller degree.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

The way we closed Celtic down and competed for every ball gave me real hope for the coming season. We were not at our creative best, but Wenger seems to have instilled a hunger and relish for the game hitherto missing in recent previous seasons. I heard that there was a clique forming with Adebeyor, Toure, Eboue and Song that was unsettling the dressing room. Cannot be a coincidence that this transformation has taken place since the two main protagonists have gone and possibly Eboue following them out the door to Barca. The young guns are now in the early stages of being men and that maturity seems to be reflected upon the pitch..

As for winning the Champions League??..It is a Cup competition at the end of the day and we are one of 8 teams that, if all goes their way, can win it..As for the Premiership..We are still a little behind Chelsea and Man U, so I feel at this juncture we will finish third. But who knows how things pan out? Injuries to key players the likes of Rooney, Terry, Vidic, Lampard, will have their effect, but Chelsea and Man U have adequate quality in the their squads to compensate which is a luxury we have to a much smaller degree.

alley your my fav team to watch but your still light wt in midfield you,ve never replaced viera, both fullbacks are great going forward but lacking a bit defensively,the new lad at the back looks class,but untill you get someone like toures or diarra who you,ve no chance of getting you might just fall short again.maybe wenger could take a chance with engelaar.hope you have a good season an stuff them north west chalangers.

first half i think there was not much between the two teams, the goal seemed to knock us back a bit, and Arsenal where on top second half, looks like game over to be honest, best of luck in the CL.

Celtic seemed to lose their way and once the 2nd goal went in, their heads visibly dropped. Like Alleycat, I think the way in which our young team competed for the ball gives me realhope for the season. Wenger seems to have given the lads their heads this term and they're responding like men. Even the likes of Denilson and Song seem to have grown up a bit during the summer. I agree that the Adebeyor, Toure & Eboue axis needed breaking up. The other lads like the young Song needed leadership. If Eboue follows Ade and Toure (who I was sorry to see leave) out the door then that's great. Eboue has long needed to be shown his P45.

Re: winning the Champions League?? I don't think so - and I think it'll be Chelscum's year for the Prem. We're still short of that defensive midfielder (I'm annoyed at Wenger letting Lorik Cana be snapped up by Sunderland for a measly £5m - unless he knows something about the player we don't). Cana would have been perfect for us. We also need a centre-half to cover for Gallas and Vermaelen (who looks top class so far).

BTW - Burnley have just beaten Man Ure 1-0!!! Where's Mav when you need him!!! 555!!!

Onwards and upwards for the Gooners! Celtic fought us but class always tells in the end and we were the better side over the 2 legs.

A bit disappointed to see Eduardo's dive as he's not normally that type of player but we've had it done to us before (Babel v Liverpool 2 years ago) and the FA and UEFA did fuck all about it. Re: winning the Champions League?? I still don't think so - but I think we'll be in the mix. For the Champs Lge draw, we're in Group H with:

AZ Alkmaar

Olympiakos

Standard Liege

I think Arsenal will be clear favourites to win the group and go through to the knock-out stages.

As for Saturday's game v ManUre, any predictions from BMs on the result? I think it'll be a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

Quietly confident, but Man U are never to be underestimated. Whatever happens the result will not be a true indicator for the coming season if we win, lose, or draw. Our position at Xmas will be the true gauge..

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?

ALLEY

Quietly confident, but Man U are never to be underestimated. Whatever happens the result will not be a true indicator for the coming season if we win, lose, or draw. Our position at Xmas will be the true gauge..

Never a truer word spoken - but if we win, it will put a marker down and send a message to the rest of the Prem that Arsenal are still a force.

Never a truer word spoken - but if we win, it will put a marker down and send a message to the rest of the Prem that Arsenal are still a force.

HAHA, A force eh, I hope you beat us, as when you beat us last season we went on a 18 games winning spree, win loose or draw I will be happy as Man U, don't start to purr until the end of October early November when we kick into top gear, it should be a good game nonetheless.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

HAHA, A force eh, I hope you beat us, as when you beat us last season we went on a 18 games winning spree, win loose or draw I will be happy as Man U, don't start to purr until the end of October early November when we kick into top gear, it should be a good game nonetheless.

Mav!!!! Where have you been hiding bro ???

LOL!!!! Not crowing but just very happy at our good start - we've usually dropped a couple of points by now!!!! Xmas & New Year when the League placings get real meaningful - you know that I know that mate!!

:10of10Score:

As for ManUre's top gear(s), haven't they been sold to Citeh and Franco's old fascists social club? Where are the goals going to come from?? You can't play Wigan every week......l...

fuck arsenal. good and all as your seasons start has been you are still behind spurs.

Fuck Arsenal?? Tut, tut!! Don't forget that you Spuds usually have to play a game MORE than us to stay in front of us!! You'll run out of extra games soon enough!! At this point I'd say fcuk Spurs, but you lot are usually more than able to do that yourselves!!! BTW!! When is Lurch, sorry, Crouch going to get a 1st team run out in the Prem??

So, to put it simply ............

:Finger5:

MAN URE 2 - GOONERS 1

We woz robbed!!!

Disallowed nailed on penalty, disallowed goal (it was offside I do admit it) and RVP hitting the bar, plus US scoring THEIR winner, Almunia bringing down Rooney !!!

A bad day at the office!! On the balance of play I think we were the better team so I'm only disappointed at the result but not the performance. With the exception of Eboue - HE MUST GO!!!!! Arshavin is pure class - that 20 yard thunder bolt would beat any keeper in the land.

The game should have been a draw.

Man Utd were lucky to win.

Man Utd are poor in Midfield & Berbatov looks to be a waist of 30 million squid.

Ben Foster is coming on well.

You have to love the way Arsenal pass the ball & there manager is an amazing guy & a top class coach.

Sir Alex if you are reading please take note you need world class players in midfield & a striker ASAP.

This seasons prem will be Chelsea IMO.

Harry Boy needs some defenders to crack the top 4.

Great season is in stall for the general football fan.

• 2 weeks later...

MAN CITY 4 - ARSENAL 2

Arsenal's 100 percent losing streak in Manchester continued today in a game we should have won. Adebayor showed why we sold him with his display of crowd taunting and stamping on RVP's head. If he played like that every week, Arsenal would never have sold him. Fair play to City, once they started hustling us we couldn't live with them, despite having a shot cleared off the line and RVP hitting the post. Not our day.

Wenger still needs those 2-3 experienced pros. Pretty footy alone just won't cut it. On the plus side, we'll rarely play as well as that and lose and Rosicky is back and scored today.

In short - well done City .............. but Abebayor showed why we'll always think he's a cunt.

MAN CITY 4 - ARSENAL 2

Arsenal's 100 percent losing streak in Manchester continued today in a game we should have won. Adebayor showed why we sold him with his display of crowd taunting and stamping on RVP's head. If he played like that every week, Arsenal would never have sold him. Fair play to City, once they started hustling us we couldn't live with them, despite having a shot cleared off the line and RVP hitting the post. Not our day.

Wenger still needs those 2-3 experienced pros. Pretty footy alone just won't cut it. On the plus side, we'll rarely play as well as that and lose and Rosicky is back and scored today.

In short - well done City .............. but Abebayor showed why we'll always think he's a cunt.

yeah no respect whatsoever. I feel sick that I even cheered him once

i've always wished our former players well when they've left but Adebayor is a kant

we're desperately short of someone to hold the ball upfront, Bendtner just isn't good enough yet but he's young, and someone in central midfield with aggression.

and welcome back Rosicky .... please, please please try and stay fit now

yeah no respect whatsoever. I feel sick that I even cheered him once

i've always wished our former players well when they've left but Adebayor is a kant

we're desperately short of someone to hold the ball upfront, Bendtner just isn't good enough yet but he's young, and someone in central midfield with aggression.

and welcome back Rosicky .... please, please please try and stay fit now

Gotta agree with you mate. Ade isn't worth the attention and hopefully will be banned for inciting the crowd and stamping on RVP. Re: my players, a world-class hard ball-winner in the Vieira / Makalele mould is where Wenger needs to start. We made DeJong look good yesterday.

Hopefully the season will pick up.

On their day I think your boys can beat anyone, but they don't seem able to play badly and still grind results.

The adebayor stuff seems harsh. He looked real quality yesterday and didn't need to spoil it by being a twat.

Hopefully the FA make a stand over him taunting the arsenal fans. Football does not need that kind of crap.

Its going to be an interesting season.

I though the top 4 were solid, but it looks like City and spurs could break in.

Hopefully the season will pick up.

On their day I think your boys can beat anyone, but they don't seem able to play badly and still grind results.

The adebayor stuff seems harsh. He looked real quality yesterday and didn't need to spoil it by being a twat.

Hopefully the FA make a stand over him taunting the arsenal fans. Football does not need that kind of crap.

Its going to be an interesting season.

I though the top 4 were solid, but it looks like City and spurs could break in.

Cough.

An admission at last.

A chink in the Gooners fans armour is beginning to show!

Good luck in making the top 6 this year fellas. Sunderland are doing a good job in holding you off so far while you sit 6 points behing the Mighty Spurs.

Ha. Who would have thought it this time last year?

YID ARMY!

COYS!

Edited by COYS

Cough.

An admission at last.

A chink in the Gooners fans armour is beginning to show!

Good luck in making the top 6 this year fellas. Sunderland are doing a good job in holding you off so far while you sit 6 points behing the Mighty Spurs.

Ha. Who would have thought it this time last year?

YID ARMY!

COYS!

Typical Spud! It's not even October yet & they're talking about the "Top Six"!!! Let's have this conversation in the New Year. We'll see then.....................................no false dawns for Spurs, just the same old story!

Fulham 0 - Arsenal 1

We ground out a win in 'unpretty' style (for once). The young keeper Mannone had a blinder and Cesc's pass to RVP for the goal and the finish itself were world-class. Hopefully there'll be no more glitches!!

Carling Cup 4th-round draw: Home to Liverpool at the Emirates - do-able but will be a tough game. Torres is on fire at the moment.

If Liverpool match us in blooding their youth team then we will win Jaco me Gooner chum :GoldenSmile1:

ALLEY

If Liverpool match us in blooding their youth team then we will win Jaco me Gooner chum :GoldenSmile1:

Yeah - but got a feeling they'll throw in a couple of their big guns just for us. We'll see but I'm quitely confident.

BTW what's with the 'kidney' caption under your avatar? Not flogging body parts from Eastern Europe are ya?

I don't want to see a PA legend in the monkey house ..............................:Clap7: