IGNORED

Arsenal Thread..

papa_soda

Yeah, you're right on Ade and the "walk it in the net" approach. We need to "win ugly" sometimes like we did last weekend and put points on the board. We do lack depth - we need to buy!! You can only go so far with youngsters..........

Not so sure about need to be ugly, just a bit more bottle. Rosicky back would at least increase the shots on goal count.

Never see Ronaldo or Rooney missing an opportunity for a pop.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaco2

• Mavrick

• onourway

• papa_soda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

'Boro 1 - Arsenal 1 :

Another opportunity missed by the Gooners now leaves us in 5th place (Villa are now 4th). Definitely 2 points dropped....

• 2 weeks later...

ARSENAL 1 - LIVERPOOL 1

Went to the Emirates myself today with a mate to watch this one, so here's a slightly longer match report.......

Not the most exciting of games IMHO and I consider this more like 2 points dropped for Arsenal as the game was there for the taking. Predictably, ex-Spurs scum Robbie Keane equalised by a route-one through ball as the Arsenal defence went to sleep, blasting the ball in on the 1/2 volley aqfter being put through. RVP had put Arsenal ahead after Nasri put him in, brilliantly controlling the ball before smashing home with his right foot, a great habit he's been getting into these days!! Usually uses that foot for standing on only!! The down side? Adebayor saw red in the second half after picking up a second yellow and fans yelled "The referee's a Scouser". Given some of the dodgy decisions I saw in the game this was a distinct possibility. At least Ade's dismissal rallied the team who showed some fight. Nasri especially was a menace in the game even when we were down to 10 men. I saw more Arsenal players tracking back and defending zones than I've seen in ages.

I think Liverpool will be happier of the 2 clubs having failed to take advantage of an Adebayor sending off and Fabregas being subbed at 1/2 time due to knee ligament damage. That injury could keep Cesc out for 2-3 weeks. Wenger stated that Arsenal would have won with 11 men but I doubt it and without blowing my own trumpet, I predicted a draw.

For me this result yet AGAIN underlines the fact that the Arsenal team is well overdue for some surgery and a clear out of some deadwood. Some of those promising youngsters could also be given their heads (eg: Gibbs, Wilshire and especially Ramsay) in the New Year. Even Jay Simpson should be given a chance instead the run of sub-standard performances I've seen from Nick Bendtner. But will Wenger have the courage to do that? I've also heard some calls for Wenger to go - that's pure bollox. Wenger has to fix the squad he's one of the best managers in world football but he needs to remind us lesser mortals of those abilities and fast. With 3 quality and experienced additions and 1 or 2 other minor adjustments, I believe we can be right back on track in no time. Arsenal remain fifth in the table and run the real risk of not being in the Champions League next term - some fans like me reckon such a failure is just the "wake-up call" the club needs to shake it from top to bottom. So, time will tell fellow readers, time will tell. Watch this space ..............

Good post and glad to see the Gunners putting in a resolute performance with 10 man and personally I didn't think Adebayor should have seen red and I think with 2 games in hand United is sitting pretty ready to pounce.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Good post and glad to see the Gunners putting in a resolute performance with 10 man and personally I didn't think Adebayor should have seen red and I think with 2 games in hand United is sitting pretty ready to pounce.

Thanks mate. Glad to see others saw that too. The ref made some poor decisions in the game and Keane should have seen red too for another offence which went unpunished. Man Utd ready to pounce? We shall see....... BTW congrats to your boys for becoming FIFA World Club champs.

Cesc out for four months. I think "slim chance" just got slimmer.

Can merely dream what might happen with Cesc, Nasri and Rosicky all fit :( That'll be next season if at all.

Jaco - sounds like you got a different perspective watching live, the game seemed one of the better ones on TV.

Yes and congrats to Manure for the World Club Championship. Whatever the merits of that competition its some achievement to be Premiership Champs, Euro Champs and World Champs at the same time.

I cant help wonder if the Spanish are ready to upset the English dominance this year though and I don't think we will see 3 out 4 CL semi finalists again.

Arsenal 2 Villa 2

Another amazing disappointment after going 2-0 up

We have never been more desperate for new signings, bring on January !

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."

Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

To be honest mate..I want Man U to win the Premiership again (for sure as hell we aren't)..If any team plays great football other than Arsenal, it is your lot.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Arsenal 3-1 Plymouth.Fa Cup 3rd.

Three second-half goals see Arsenal take their place in the fourth round of the FA Cup.read the full match report here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/7803232.stm

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

• 2 weeks later...

Hull 1 - Arsenal 3

A laboured performance by the Gooners saw us take 3 points to keep up with the top 4. Goals from Adebayor (a header in the box from a Van Persie corner), Nasri with a clinical finish and Bendtner (all again with assists from RVP) saw Arsenal take the spoils. RVP and Bendtner also hit the woodwork. Eboue had - yet another - shite game. When is Wenger going to off-load him?? The less said about Eboue, the better. But the match was not as one-sided as the result suggests. Hull put in a spirited performance & were unlikely not to have a penalty from a Djourou challenge on the on-loan Manouche when the game was at a crucial stage. Bendtner when he came on as sub for Eboue injected more threat on the Hull defence and Arsenal scored within a few minutes.

The game still exposes Wenger's need to bring in new blood, despite players such as Gallas, Eduardo, Walcott and Rosicky to return. No news on the Arshavin deal yet (Zenit St. Petersburg want c.£15m for him which is way overpriced) - £8m-£10m is more realistid, but Arsenal will need more than him to regain our Champions League status ....................

Personally I cant believe Wenger ain't made any signings yet, he needs to to come up trumps soon as Villa are starting to pull defeats out the bag trying to consolidate their position

Personally I cant believe Wenger ain't made any signings yet, he needs to to come up trumps soon as Villa are starting to pull defeats out the bag trying to consolidate their position

Yes - you and every Gooner out there!

Wenger is still clinging to the belief that he can build his team from the youth team and cheap buys as he did before. It's a familiar Jedi mind trick he likes to play on the fans. But the transfer market has changed and all the big clubs have good scouting networks now. The market will change even more if the Kaka deal goes through with AC Milan & Man Cityand inflate transfer fees even more. Arsenal has the money and 2 multi-billionaires (Kroenke and Usmanov) who could independently bank-roll almost any deal. It's the clubs wages policy and Wenger's stubborness that are the problems. Those running Arsenal need to speculate to accumulate, like Man Utd do, mixing good young players (eg: Welbeck looks a good prospect) with experience and occasional forays into the transfer market.

Villa are looking good for that 4th Champs Lge place at present and are consistently getting results. Personally I think that we'll be playing UEFA Cup football next year and that should wake up both Wenger and the board - if we don't get caught by Everton!!

Some muppets have called for Wenger to resign which is total crap. Wenger is still the man for the job & remains one of the best bosses in world footy. But he needs to wake up soon. Even when our injured players return, we're still short of quality and experience. And when is he going to give Ramsey a run instead of Denilson and get rid of Eboue???

• 2 weeks later...

Where do the Arsenal fans watch the games in Pattaya? It’s probably mentioned already somewhere in these 60+ pages but I can’t be bothered looking.

Arsenal are 5 pts off the Champs lge pace but 6 clear of Everton for the UEFA Cup slot. Sums up our season.........and we had enough chances to see off West Ham yesterday. We need new blood and fast!!!

Arshavin deal looks almost done. He's been in London today and has just passed a medical. Zenit St. Petersburg have agreed a £12m deal - plus add-ons rising to c.£15m. Arshavin will have to make a payment from his own pocket to Zenith to complete the deal................. Arsenal may have to pay him, to pay them!!!

Youre going to need a lot more than Arshavin to stop the rot mate.

Youre going to need a lot more than Arshavin to stop the rot mate.

Very true. I've said for ages that we need 3-4 experienced quality players. But it's a start given Arsenal's track record in the transfer market and our philosophy in developing our team (see the link below)

http

://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/w...-to-man-united

Will this work longer-term? Time will tell.............

Arshavin deal looks almost done. He's been in London today and has just passed a medical. Zenit St. Petersburg have agreed a £12m deal - plus add-ons rising to c.£15m. Arshavin will have to make a payment from his own pocket to Zenith to complete the deal................. Arsenal may have to pay him, to pay them!!!

Looks like the deal is now complete.

Edited by Mavrick

Arshavin's definitely a Gooner - see here........

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/r...n-joins-arsenal

Now Mr Wenger, add a quality centre-back, defensive midfielder (the main priorities) and a winger and a Centre-Forward who can sniff a few goals and we're back in business. At least Walcott, Rosciky and Eduardo are close to coming back!!!

Cliche....Eboue....Sanga.....Toure

Cesc....Rosisky

Arshavin

Walcott

Van Persie.......Adebyor

This is a team that can contend with United.

Cliche....Eboue....Sanga.....Toure

Cesc....Rosisky

Arshavin

Walcott

Van Persie.......Adebyor

This is a team that can contend with United.

I think nay make that hope we will see Arshavin more forward than you suggest

I think nay make that hope we will see Arshavin more forward than you suggest

More like : 4-3-1-2. When all are fit, I think the first choice team will be:

Almunia

Clichy......Toure........Gallas........Sagna

Nasri........Fabregas........Walcott

Arshavin

Van Persie.......Adebayor

All apologys I dont know how to make a proper lineup in a thread lol. I agree, Arshivan will play in a forward role and Cesc will play a holding position.