Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Arsenal Thread..

papa_soda

As a Gooner I gotta echo the comments here (before Mav gets to me 1st & starts bragging!!!) Well played the Red Mancs. It was literally men vs boys and the boys didn't stand a chance after the 1st goal went in & heads dropped. I think ManUre will win the competition regardless of who wins the Chelscum v Barca tie. As I've said so many times before, Wenger & the Arsenal board (with our 2 billionaires, Usmanov and Kroenke!) must splash the cash in the summer and bring in the 3 or 4 experienced players that will bring silverware back to the Arsenal. Ade also needs to prove that last season wasn't a fluke - many of us suspect that it was .................

BTW it WAS a penalty but didn't deserve the sending off - it was a yellow card at best.

Edited by Jaco2

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaco2

• Mavrick

• onourway

• papa_soda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/arti...p;in_page_id=43

Could this be the moment Arsenal get back into the fray again??? Mr Usmanov has put his cheque book on the table - BUT:

(a) What say the Arsenal board especially Mr Kroenke?

(b) And at what price will Mr Usmanov charge for his cash ? He'll want full control ..........

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/arti...p;in_page_id=43

Could this be the moment Arsenal get back into the fray again??? Mr Usmanov has put his cheque book on the table - BUT:

(a) What say the Arsenal board especially Mr Kroenke?

(b) And at what price will Mr Usmanov charge for his cash ? He'll want full control ..........

Personally I think we are far closer to a great team than people think...a little tweaking and a more robust raid in the transfer market next season to rectify the defensive frailties (a defensive central midfielder the stature of Vieira and centre back that can make up for the lack of height will greatly help) This is a young side with great potential, but next season is the time to start delivering and the acquisition of some established world stars in our ranks to add some much needed steel and experience will see us as winners once more. Do we need Usmanov's money?..I personally think we don't

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Personally I think we are far closer to a great team than people think...a little tweaking and a more robust raid in the transfer market next season to rectify the defensive frailties (a defensive central midfielder the stature of Vieira and centre back that can make up for the lack of height will greatly help) This is a young side with great potential, but next season is the time to start delivering and the acquisition of some established world stars in our ranks to add some much needed steel and experience will see us as winners once more. Do we need Usmanov's money?..I personally think we don't

AC - I agree with much of what you say (you're one of the few that talk sense on this site!) However, a "little tweaking" as you put it costs a lot in this day and age. With Arsenal's repayments on the Emirates Stadium clearly holding us back in the transfer market something's gotta give. A defensive enforcer a la Vieira will cost about £20m. A top class centre-back? Same same price. I also think we need a true goal poacher up front. So we're talking about £50m-£70m for 3 top class internationals for our beloved Gooners. Remember the way the board messed about on the Arshavin transfer for £17m? I think we need that cash injection.

What do you think the score will be on Saturday? I'm not looking forward to that one........

AC - I agree with much of what you say (you're one of the few that talk sense on this site!) However, a "little tweaking" as you put it costs a lot in this day and age. With Arsenal's repayments on the Emirates Stadium clearly holding us back in the transfer market something's gotta give. A defensive enforcer a la Vieira will cost about £20m. A top class centre-back? Same same price. I also think we need a true goal poacher up front. So we're talking about £50m-£70m for 3 top class internationals for our beloved Gooners. Remember the way the board messed about on the Arshavin transfer for £17m? I think we need that cash injection.

What do you think the score will be on Saturday? I'm not looking forward to that one........

Hi bro..For me it is a redundant result so I am just hoping for a good entertaining game the likes of which these two teams can produce. I agree with your thoughts on the goal poacher, lets hope Eduardo can stay fit

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?

ALLEY

Hi bro..For me it is a redundant result so I am just hoping for a good entertaining game the likes of which these two teams can produce. I agree with your thoughts on the goal poacher, lets hope Eduardo can stay fit

Amen bro, amen. But I think we'll get tonked at OT. I'm surprised Mav isn't here talking up the game and winding us up!!!

:D

Re: goal poachers, do you think that Usmanov or Kroenke should buy Tevez for us, assuming that the agent Joorbachian screws up the deal for ManUre? He's the type of player we need IMHO ......

Amen bro, amen. But I think we'll get tonked at OT. I'm surprised Mav isn't here talking up the game and winding us up!!!

Re: goal poachers, do you think that Usmanov or Kroenke should buy Tevez for us, assuming that the agent Joorbachian screws up the deal for ManUre? He's the type of player we need IMHO ......

Tevez at The Emirates? Man U would be mad to sell him to Arsenal, Fergie is far too astute to strengthen one of his main rivals, but who knows?

Tevez at The Emirates? Man U would be mad to sell him to Arsenal, Fergie is far too astute to strengthen one of his main rivals, but who knows?

Stranger things have happened in footy .........

Would love Tevez at Arsenal bro, also that diving bastard Drogba would be a great acquisition, but sadly the managers in question would not be so foolish, but as you say, stranger things have happened in football (witness Sol Campbell!)

ALLEY

Would love Tevez at Arsenal bro, also that diving bastard Drogba would be a great acquisition, but sadly the managers in question would not be so foolish, but as you say, stranger things have happened in football (witness Sol Campbell!)

Sol's a case in point. Also, Denis Law (for the older guys here) playing for Man City after being a ManUre legend, Mo Johnston (played for Celtic AND Rangers as a Catholic). Footy always throws up the unexpected ......... I for one didn't think Henry and Flamini would leave when they did, either...........As for the diving Ivorian, Chelsea are welcome to him.

For summer transfers my shouts are:

FWD - David Villa (Valencia & Spain) or Tevez (if Joorbachian fucks ManUre in the deal)

MID - Lorik Cana (Marseilles & Albania) or Yaya Toure (Barca & Ivory Coast but I'm dreaming here) or Gareth Barry (Aston Villa & England)

DEF - Joleon Lescott (Everton & England)

Sol's a case in point. Also, Denis Law (for the older guys here) playing for Man City after being a ManUre legend, Mo Johnston (played for Celtic AND Rangers as a Catholic). Footy always throws up the unexpected ......... I for one didn't think Henry and Flamini would leave when they did, either...........As for the diving Ivorian, Chelsea are welcome to him.

For summer transfers my shouts are:

FWD - David Villa (Valencia & Spain) or Tevez (if Joorbachian fucks ManUre in the deal)

MID - Lorik Cana (Marseilles & Albania) or Yaya Toure (Barca & Ivory Coast but I'm dreaming here) or Gareth Barry (Aston Villa & England)

DEF - Joleon Lescott (Everton & England)

We can but dream Bro..We can but dream :GoldenSmile1:

ALLEY

Yes indeed. And Wenger's already making noises about - 'not spending much in the summer'. A very stubborn guy. A legend, that we Gooners love, but stubborn!! We shall see mate.

Good effort to all involved. With abit of luck you might have pulled it out of the fire but......Job done 4 Man U........They deserve what they got.

Yes, I think next year someone has to step up......Man u wont dominate like they have if Ronny goes........Then again you never know, they still have the ability......I think the goooners need to open the wallet and spend a bit

Fellas I'm afraid to say that next year United continue to dominate this is a young vibrant, hungry team that don't know when they are beaten and with Sir Alex want to win 1 more title than Liverpool all I can say is God help the rest of the PL. next season.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Fellas I'm afraid to say that next year United continue to dominate this is a young vibrant, hungry team that don't know when they are beaten and with Sir Alex want to win 1 more title than Liverpool all I can say is God help the rest of the PL. next season.

Mmmm..In the Premiership we got 4 of 5 points earned from both fixtures this season and we will be stronger next season. I agree though that next year, if a team finishes above you, they will be the Champions. All you have won this season is richly deserved and in Europe you were far superior to us (well, results don't lie). I also have a feeling that you will beat Barca.

adeybayour will be sold this summer

I bloody hope so :001_Sawasdee:

ALLEY

I also have a feeling that you will beat Barca.

Well I echo that. As a Gooner I will be cheering the Manure same I almost cried when the bindippers beat Milan in the best game of football I have ever seen.

I think a Manure Chelsea game would have been dull but I think the Manure v Barcelona game could be a real treat. With little doubt the 2 best teams on the planet and a lot of pride at stake.

Any side bets that a certain Special One might be back in West London next year???

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I bloody hope so :GoldenSmile1:

Re: Adebayor I'm with you on that one. He's not been the same player since AC Milan were sniffing around him last summer.

Well I echo that. As a Gooner I will be cheering the Manure same I almost cried when the bindippers beat Milan in the best game of football I have ever seen.

I think a Manure Chelsea game would have been dull but I think the Manure v Barcelona game could be a real treat. With little doubt the 2 best teams on the planet and a lot of pride at stake.

Any side bets that a certain Special One might be back in West London next year???

Man Ure should beat Barca and win the Champs League. I hope that the match will live up to the billing......Mind you if Thierry Henry gets a hat-trick with three assists from Hleb in a great game, then I won't feel too bad.....

:GoldenSmile1:

• 2 months later...

Calling all Gooners!!! Some questions for ya!!

1. Now Ade's gone (and a year too late - should have sold him for £30m to AC Milan last year!), who should Wenger get to replace him?

Huntelaar? Chamakh? or go mad and get Villa from Valencia??

2. Will Tomas Rosicky be the same after that injury - he's back, but for how long?

3. Who will replace Nasri on the left side of midfield while he's out with a broken leg (press reports say until October, Wenger says 6 weeks...)

4. Will Senderos finally go?

5. Will Eboue be next?

6. When will Wenger buy that defensive midfielder we so badly need? My choice would be Lorik Cana of Marseilles & Albania.

Over to you ....................

told you so

...... and well done on your prediction. Most Gooners were expecting something this summer to happen with Ade.

So will Spurs finish above Arsenal this year or not??