IGNORED

Arsenal Thread..

papa_soda

Wenger said he is happy if they draw with the english clubs.. With Real Madrid out, I say everyclub will have a good chance to be in the final, Arsenal Vs Man Utd looks right for the final... If Barcelona in the final, It will a strange game for em cos they are on the rival grounds, Madrid, I suppose Barcelona will be feeling at home there cos they beat Real Madrid few times at their grounds..

I hoping that Chelsea get Man Utd and we get Lyon or Bayern.

:)

Knowing our luck we'll get Chelsea ............

:Doghouse:

Man Utd, Barca, Chelsea/ Inter ... we'll take 'em all on!!

Spoken like a true Gooner!! Come on you Reds!!!!

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaco2

• Mavrick

• onourway

• papa_soda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Arsenal was blessed to score at the injury time against Hull, to join the chase to the title with Chelsea and United.. Wenger had just said he expected Fabregas to be fit next Saturday ,should be a morale boost for the whole club. How wrong was Sir Alex Ferguson predictions last November/December said that there will be a two horse race between Chelsea and United... Should be a great finish to the last day in May with the three so close in Points. That is exciting for everyone involved..

Arsenal was blessed to score at the injury time against Hull, to join the chase to the title with Chelsea and United.. Wenger had just said he expected Fabregas to be fit next Saturday ,should be a morale boost for the whole club. How wrong was Sir Alex Ferguson predictions last November/December said that there will be a two horse race between Chelsea and United... Should be a great finish to the last day in May with the three so close in Points. That is exciting for everyone involved..

Yes indeed. The race is hotting up. The lads are also toughening up and it was good to see the ref wasn't conned by Hull (Boateng's tackle on Sagna was a disgrace). We showed grit to the end and are learning to keep the pressure up and finish off teams. Roll on Saturday and the game v the Hammers - should be a good one.

You's were lucky. but then that's what it takes to win the league I spose. Hope you dont though. Mind you we aint gonna get a sniff of it for the foreseeable future. I'm just gonna stick to thinking up new ways to offensively write your name. How about this one, Arse 'n' Hole Hee hee.

This morning, Champion League draw, Arsenal have got the draw that they did not want, Mighty Barcelona with United getting a tough draw but Sir Alex would be alot happier than Wenger with this draw, Arsenal will also face Inter Milan if Arsenal beat Barcelona..It will be a test of character from their young players, their beautiful skills will be tested too...They will need Van Persie back for this match..

Edited by jocky king

This morning, Champion League draw, Arsenal have got the draw that they did not want, Mighty Barcelona with United getting a tough draw but Sir Alex would be alot happier than Wenger with this draw, Arsenal will also face Inter Milan if Arsenal beat Barcelona..It will be a test of character from their young players, their beautiful skills will be tested too...They will need Van Persie back for this match..

Well, if we don't have what it takes to beat beat Barcelona and Inter Milan, then we don't have what it takes to win the Champions league!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Well, if we don't have what it takes to beat beat Barcelona and Inter Milan, then we don't have what it takes to win the Champions league!

Well said Doc! It will be a MAJOR challenge for our boys. But if we don't beat Barca, then I'd like them to win the trophy. We Gooners must stay positive......

Well said Doc! It will be a MAJOR challenge for our boys. But if we don't beat Barca, then I'd like them to win the trophy. We Gooners must stay positive......

It will be a Man U v Barca final again and trust me this time Fergie wont make any mistake.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Arsenal won a very important match against West Ham Utd 2-0 to go on Top of the premiership and putting a lot of pressure on Man Utd and Chelsea whom both play tomorrow..

I was amazed when I read the papers that Arshavin of Arsenal and Russia saying that Arsenal have no chance to win this year title because of lack of star players... I think it is a ploy to get themselves off the pressure from the media and from the teams they are facing.. For me I think, Arsenal are in a very good shape to win the title, clicked into form at the right time this month... United are more worried about Arsenal than Chelsea...

I was amazed when I read the papers that Arshavin of Arsenal and Russia saying that Arsenal have no chance to win this year title because of lack of star players... I think it is a ploy to get themselves off the pressure from the media and from the teams they are facing.. For me I think, Arsenal are in a very good shape to win the title, clicked into form at the right time this month... United are more worried about Arsenal than Chelsea...

I think Arsenal distance themselves from his comments, but unlike other clubs do not wish to take action against him as they view his comments with less seriousness.

On a separate point, I know two guys that work for the club, one in one of the bars, the other a contracted radiologist for a mobile X-Ray unit. They both say how well they are treated. The radiologist however, used to do contractual work for Tottenham and hated them, treating him and his staff apparently with disdain (he doesn't like football by the way so no team bias).

I really do not think that Chelsea are out of it though and I kind of see where Arshavin is coming from..But we shall see. If Arsenal win then I would have to say that Wenger has to go down as one of the greatest managers of any era (as he already is IMHO) considering the financial constraints placed upon him (self inflicted, or otherwise). He consistently finishes in the top four whilst making a profit in the transfer market. This augers well for the future of Arsenal football club and we seem to be the only club looking beyond the short sighted need for success in favour of long term financial stability, which will in turn bring long term success.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

I think Arsenal distance themselves from his comments, but unlike other clubs do not wish to take action against him as they view his comments with less seriousness.

On a separate point, I know two guys that work for the club, one in one of the bars, the other a contracted radiologist for a mobile X-Ray unit. They both say how well they are treated. The radiologist however, used to do contractual work for Tottenham and hated them, treating him and his staff apparently with disdain (he doesn't like football by the way so no team bias).

I really do not think that Chelsea are out of it though and I kind of see where Arshavin is coming from..But we shall see. If Arsenal win then I would have to say that Wenger has to go down as one of the greatest managers of any era (as he already is IMHO) considering the financial constraints placed upon him (self inflicted, or otherwise). He consistently finishes in the top four whilst making a profit in the transfer market. This augers well for the future of Arsenal football club and we seem to be the only club looking beyond the short sighted need for success in favour of long term financial stability, which will in turn bring long term success.

A CL trophy would make him a legend at Arsenal, he's done well for he has to work with.

Have to agree with this post. His comments in the Evening Std on Gallas contract talks being a case in point:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23818873-arsene-wenger-im-sure-william-gallas-will-stay-on-our-terms.do

Wenger always sticks to his principle and although we Gooners often disagree with him, bar the lack of trophies over the last 4-5 years, in comparison to the other big European clubs, he's kept us competitive on comparative shoestring. He also knows that the clubs who want Gallas would be a step down from us. £80k a week? Gallas should be smart & re-sign.

A CL trophy would make him a legend at Arsenal, he's done well for he has to work with.

The Great Arsene is already an Arsenal legend. He's also the most successful and longest serving Arsenal boss ever.

Looks like that sardine-eating c*$t Jose Mourinho is up to his old tricks again:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23818359-jose-mourinho-plots-pound-50m-raid-for-cesc-fabregas.do

If Cesc is on record saying he won't go to his dream club Barca, why would he leave us for Inter?? And £30m plus some youngster? Wenger is laughing into his Corn Flakes..........

Also saw this article re: Arshavin's comment about Arsenal not being real title contenders:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23818349-andrey-arshavin-arsenal-lack-star-quality-for-title.do

I'd be willing to bet that Arsene deliberately "didn't see it" so it takes the pressure off the youngsters !!

Sorry to disappoint Mav but I think it'll be an Inter vs Barca final, assuming we don't beat Barca of course!!!

:)

I'd be willing to bet that Arsene deliberately "didn't see it" so it takes the pressure off the youngsters !!

Sorry to disappoint Mav but I think it'll be an Inter vs Barca final, assuming we don't beat Barca of course!!!

:D

They cant play each other in the Final.... Because draw already made for semi-final.. Barcelona or Arsenal will have to face Inter in The semi final.

Barcelona was too good for Arsenal tonight... Until Walcott came on and made a big difference , scored one and create the other.. Cant understand why Walcott did not start, I f he did, I,m sure the scoreline will be different... Now they go to Nou Camp without the service of suspended Fabergas but I think he would be better off get the yellow card anyway because he wont be able to play next week due to his injury.. I wont write Arsenal off because Barcelona will have to play without the two expereince centre half, It will be like facing Man United without Ferdinand and Vidic, That will be a weak spot that Wenger will be looking at... Walcott will def play at the start next week.. I think a draw will be my prediction.

May I congratulate Barca on a 1st class performance. They were simply better than Arsenal tonight and Messi confirmed his status as the world's best player and becoming Barca's record Champs Lge scorer with a stellar performance with his 4-goal haul. And he's only 22 yrs old. Amazing.

The commentators went on about work rate of the 2 sides. Barca closed down our moves more effectively than we did theirs - which is a true observation - but Messi was the main difference. If he was playing for Arsenal tonight, we would have won the match. I also must make a plea to Mr Wenger to please, please, please invest in the squad in the summer. Three quality signings will make all the difference, We had about the same number of key players out as Barca but so long as the likes of Silvestre can get a game; we have to play a full back at centre-half (Sagna tonight) to provide cover and Bendtner remains our main centre-forward, we'll never end our trophy drought.

As a United fan, I admit ,I was proud of Arsenal effort to try to win that match, That scoreline was unfair to them.. At 3-1, Arsenal tried for half an hour to get a goal... If they did, I,m sure they could have a chance.. Walcott and Clichy had done great job on the wings.. Some players in their team are so young, Yeah they need to buy two or three experience players to upgrade their chance to win tropies next season.. Centre back and a forward player, Bendtner is bit too slow for their kind of football, everytime the ball flows quickly, he stopped that flow... Arsenal need a player of Rooney or Henry type player, I,m sure Wenger knows what players he want to buy in the summer.. Messi, what a player, the best? Maybe, but he didn't win the world cup for Argentina yet did he? Maradona and Pele did for their country.. But he is only 22 yrs old with 12 years of football left, I,m sure he will win them the World cup during that time but not this summer.. Argentina was lucky to scrape into this year world cup... I,m looking forward to see Real Madrid against Barcelona on saturday, Both of em are 77 points , Ronaldo vs Messi will be super to watch....

I felt the same as JK. We were well and truly beaten, fair and square but I don't think that they should be ashamed of their performance. It did illustrate, once again, the need for Arsenal to sign some players like Messi, Rooney and Henry a few years ago, the type that put fear into the hearts of opposing teams.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

over the 2 legs barca took arsenal apart. it wasnt even competitive,arsenal need to sign a lot of players in the summer but i cant see it happening as were are they going to get the money from? 4 years now and not even close to a trophy.

messi was excellent lastnight he had the arsenal defence tormented! it looks like the london teams will be waiting a long long time before a champions league arrives in london.

now 1 english team leaft in the champions league i hope they can win tonight do the premiership proud.

over the 2 legs barca took arsenal apart. it wasnt even competitive,arsenal need to sign a lot of players in the summer but i cant see it happening as were are they going to get the money from? 4 years now and not even close to a trophy.

messi was excellent lastnight he had the arsenal defence tormented! it looks like the london teams will be waiting a long long time before a champions league arrives in london.

now 1 english team leaft in the champions league i hope they can win tonight do the premiership proud.

Arsenal were taught a footballing lesson, but one player stands above all currently playing and it was he that made the difference IMHO. As for the money situation we have plenty and rumour has it they are planning on bringing in a few during the summer. I do hope Man U win tonight though, but I cannot see them beating Barca in the final.

So..Good luck to your team tonight.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Arsenal were taught a footballing lesson, but one player stands above all currently playing and it was he that made the difference IMHO. As for the money situation we have plenty and rumour has it they are planning on bringing in a few during the summer. I do hope Man U win tonight though, but I cannot see them beating Barca in the final.

So..Good luck to your team tonight.

Don't matter what ManUre do tonight. Bar any upsets, slip-ups or miracles, Barca will be European Champs this term and Chelsea will win the Prem.

• 4 weeks later...

ANY GOOD ARSENAL BARS IN PATTAYA?

Watched most of me ball in Boscos Irish bar on Central road last few times i was there...

THEIR WAS A BRILLIANT ON IN KHO SAMUI 2002 WHEN I WAS THERE. SAME ITS GONE.

Get up ya dirtbird, get up...

• 2 weeks later...

Febegas is likely going to join Barcelona before the World Cup start.... Arsenal are back to square one to start building the team to win the title... I thought they will build the team around Febegas for the coming seasons, But Wenger will be pissed off over this if he is really gone to Barcelona....

he has assembled a squad of quick footed hobbits,great to watch when allowed to play but chelsea and man ure bully them out of it.