IGNORED

Arsenal Thread..

papa_soda

An article to give all Arsenal fans optimism - if it's true - we're preparing to take advantage of Martin Jol heading to Fulham by spending £42million for Maarten Stekelenburg, Gregory van der Wiel, and Luis Suarez. The details can be found here.

And if that's not enough, we're also linked with French starlet striker Loic Remy.

Edited by Jaco2

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaco2

• Mavrick

• onourway

• papa_soda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems Jol has been given assurances that these players will not be sold hence his decision to stay..Oh well

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Cant Believe Wenger is still around.. No trophies within 5 years is not healthy.. Probably his last chance to produce the trophy for the die hard fans who had a great faith and great patience.. They wont be able to accept empty cabinet come next may 2011....

Cant Believe Wenger is still around.. No trophies within 5 years is not healthy.. Probably his last chance to produce the trophy for the die hard fans who had a great faith and great patience.. They wont be able to accept empty cabinet come next may 2011....

The club is still competitive on all fronts and solvent. Wenger has a job for life if he wants it. We Gooners believe in him and believe that the trophies will come.

• 4 weeks later...

The club is still competitive on all fronts and solvent. Wenger has a job for life if he wants it. We Gooners believe in him and believe that the trophies will come.

New 3 year contract yesterday I understand.

I have to be honest and say that although I am VERY happy he is staying I wouldn't be crying in my beer if he did leave. All things end somewhere the problem is there simply isnt anyone better that Arsenal could attract.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I have to be honest and say that although I am VERY happy he is staying I wouldn't be crying in my beer if he did leave. All things end somewhere the problem is there simply isnt anyone better that Arsenal could attract.

Well said mate. If Wenger did leave or retired I wouldn't mind seeing Mourinhno at Arsenal - but the quality of the footy would definitely suffer.

Arsenal play very watchable football, but Wenger is now out of touch.

They will win nothing in next 10 years, they just cannot compete with the big money clubs. Its happens, money is the key and Arsenal dont have it. QPR could overtake them within 4 years.

I have nothing against Arsenal, but they just dont attract the top quality players, as dont pay the wages others will.

Arsenal play very watchable football, but Wenger is now out of touch.............................. QPR could overtake them within 4 years...........................

In a word - bollocks.

• 5 months later...

I,m a United fan,,, Just watched Arsenal beat Barcelona 2-1 afetr losing at the first half,,, Great comeback from Arsenal.. Now going to Nou Camp for second leg on 8 th March which will be a fantastic match to watch.. Have a guts feeling that match will end up a draw resulting Arsenal going through to the quarter final... Congratulations to Arsenal.. Looks like Arsenal will finally win a trophy next week carling cup final with Birminham City after five years without a trophy in any competitions.

I,m a United fan,,, Just watched Arsenal beat Barcelona 2-1 afetr losing at the first half,,, Great comeback from Arsenal.. Now going to Nou Camp for second leg on 8 th March which will be a fantastic match to watch.. Have a guts feeling that match will end up a draw resulting Arsenal going through to the quarter final... Congratulations to Arsenal.. Looks like Arsenal will finally win a trophy next week carling cup final with Birminham City after five years without a trophy in any competitions.

how the hell they beat them is beyone me,playing a high line against barcelona is leaveing your defence as exposed as a strippers g string,if they play same tactics in spain they are looking at a heavy defeat.

• 3 weeks later...

football leason for arsenal tonight,if a premiership side went and played like that at the emerares{10 men behind the ball} hoping for a draw wenger would be mourning like hell.see hes been at it again in the tunnel,differnately the worst loser and the biggest mourning in football.

Arsenal failed to win their most wanted Holy grail , The champion League, after losing 3-1 at Nou Camp by Barcelona.... Van Persie was send off early in the second half when he foolishy kicked the ball after the whistle , knowing full well he already have a yellow card from the first half incident... I thought it was bit harsh, Van Persie claimed that he never heard the whistle because of the Nou Camp noise.... Two cups gone out of the window, now they have only two left, Premiership and the FA cup... Arsenal have a good chance for both of those ... Messi of Barcelona was the man of the match, A genius.... Enjoyed watching him ...

Arsenal failed to win their most wanted Holy grail , The champion League, after losing 3-1 at Nou Camp by Barcelona.... Van Persie was send off early in the second half when he foolishy kicked the ball after the whistle , knowing full well he already have a yellow card from the first half incident... I thought it was bit harsh, Van Persie claimed that he never heard the whistle because of the Nou Camp noise.... Two cups gone out of the window, now they have only two left, Premiership and the FA cup... Arsenal have a good chance for both of those ... Messi of Barcelona was the man of the match, A genius.... Enjoyed watching him ...

The key moment in the game when Arsenal had the advantage, I believe that Van Persie never heard the whistle and that it would have been a totally different game but for that diabolical bit of refereeing.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Dodgy ref decision tonight but no media blackout from Wenger. What was Fabregas thinking with that back heel? And he should have come off after 15mins when he felt that injury, Poor leadership skills from him IMO. The result was inevitable IMO. This Barca side will go down as one of the all time great club sides. Better than the one with Romario, Koeman and co I'd say.

In 30 games v English clubs at the Nou Camp Barcelona have lost two. I'm sure I don't need to add the next line...

Just saw some of the the match stats this evening and actually shuddered at how good Barca are

Possession 76% v 24%

Shots on goal or on target 19 v 0 - Thats right Arsenal had 0 shots on goal or on target (Not being critical here)

Anytime Arsenal won the ball back off Barca they were put under severe and immediate pressure and weren't allowed settle. Could have been more as Almunia made some very good saves, but saying that Benthner could have nicked it if he had a good 1st touch.

From a neutral's perspective the best footballing team in England were outplayed by the best footballing team of a generation. I still hope they win the Premiership.

Irish by Birth; Munster by Grace of God.

To the Brave and the Faithful, Nothing is Impossible.

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 2 months later...

Arsenal once again and again win nothing this year, Sixth years running, Wenger keeps saying same thing all over again everyyear that Arsenal will better next season.. Is he taking all Arsenal fan and their Chairman a piss... Cant understand how he still has the job after six years of empty cabinet.. Boss is reponsible for winning nothing not the players.... Give Ancotti a call and Arsenal will win something next year...

• 3 months later...

Arsenal suffered the worst defeat against United 8-2 since December 12th 1896 against Loughborough 0-8.

Arsenal fans here? What is your comments for Arsenal, Arsene and the Board? whose fault was it?

I blame the board not Arsene...

:FunnyPost1: DAMN! beat me to it muahaha
Posted Image

Personally I though Arsen should have moved on end of Last season, seems like it will be soon, he looked totally lost and as the pundits were saying was totally poor defending but changed nothing at half time.

Writing is on the wall I think.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

he just has to put his hand in his pocket 55 mill in the bank wtf is going on im a chelsea fan but hate to see the manks beat up london teams

MIKE

wengers lost the plot ,he pays 12m for chamberlain who,s never played in premiership,then offers 6m for cahill a top class defender who,s going ito be a regular for the england team,who he should have been is first priorty,also i would have gone for palious off spurs a lad who can win the ball in midfield ,something they,ve been lacking since veira left.

wtf is going on im a chelsea fan but hate to see the manks beat up london teams

I think its great personally :Grin_Jump1:

But the only reason I was really happy that my team trounched Arsenal (as I quite like Wenger)yesterday was for the goal difference because it took the smug look off our noisy neighbours faces after they topped the Premiership for a whole 150 minutes, going back to my pub after the game and see the City fans sulking even after they had beaten Spurs 5-1 away because United had stolen their thunder was brilliant :Bow5:

The one thing maybe Arsene can learn from it is that

he knew "MONTHS AGO" that Cesc and Nasri would be on their way so he should have took a leaf out of Fergie's book and made "quality" signings pre-season.

De Gea, Phil Jones and Ashley Young were all signed well before pre-season and have had plenty of time to settle and get to know the ropes at United.

Maybe Wenger's hands are tied moneywise by the board (who knows)and if its true that they only offered £6m for Gary Cahill its an insult to both Bolton and the Player imho.

Im not going to crow and gloat about our 8-2 victory as it was a very much depleted Arsenal team out there.

As for Spurs, they were soundly spanked by both the Manc teams within a week and showed a complete lack of "desire" after going behind which is something our gaffer will never ever tolerate

Edited by duke007

he just has to put his hand in his pocket 55 mill in the bank wtf is going on im a chelsea fan but hate to see the manks beat up london teams

In the late 80's (as a Man U fan) we'd all sing to the London clubs "You've got the jobs, but we've got the teams"

Now perhaps it'd be "We can't touch your house prices & you can't touch out teams"

But I've gotta feel a bit sorry for Arsenal fans 8 - 2 ouch! that must hurt some.