Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Arsenal Thread..

papa_soda

I have to say our defending was woeful. Porto took the 'soft' chance they had and fair play to them. We should have had a pen for the foul on Rosicky and if this game should prove one thing to Wenger, it is that we need fresh blood in the summer. Words fail me for Fabianski's performance - he just proved that he's not good enough for the 1st team - not one but TWO shocking errors from him. Cesc described the errors as "schoolboy" ones - and he's right. However, all isn't lost and when we get a couple of the experienced lads back, we should turn things around at the Emirates.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jaco2

• Mavrick

• onourway

• papa_soda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree re Arsene, a great manager but if he was poached by Real or went back to his beloved Monacoa I wouldn't be crying now.

could you honestly say that if we got rid of Wenger we'd be in a better position than what we are in now

in Arsene we trust

could you honestly say that if we got rid of Wenger we'd be in a better position than what we are in now

in Arsene we trust

I agree. His strategy is long term, which is the reason we now have a new stadium. Like most I do often wish he'd focus on the short term once in a while, we do need some new strength, ultimately he's the best thing that's happened to Arsenal certainly in my lifetime and maybe since the club began.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

in Arsene we trust

I agree. His strategy is long term, which is the reason we now have a new stadium. Like most I do often wish he'd focus on the short term once in a while, we do need some new strength, ultimately he's the best thing that's happened to Arsenal certainly in my lifetime and maybe since the club began.

I think a lot of Arsenal fans were pissed at the performance of the team at Porto - I've had nothing but people taking the piss out of me this week. But as I tell the Gooner-bashers everywhere, every dog has it's day.

The Doc's statement is bang on - the trophies will come given time.

just been looking at the fixture list aresnal got far the easiest run in of the top 3,the crunch match is the stoke one i think if you win that one you can draged yourselfs back in the title race.what do you gunners think.

just been looking at the fixture list aresnal got far the easiest run in of the top 3,the crunch match is the stoke one i think if you win that one you can draged yourselfs back in the title race.what do you gunners think.

I think we just do not have the depth of squad or steel in defence and midfield required to take us above Chelsea or Man U. The easy run in is on paper, we will slip up a few times with the so called lesser teams as they know to bully and harass us off our game. This coupled with the inevitable injuries the team will sustain leads me to believe we will finish 3rd

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

we'll play the best one touch free flowing football the premiership has ever seen, go on a winning run, Chelsea and Man Utd will drop points here and there, we'll drag ourselves right back in it if we win a game in hand which we always seem to inevitably end up having and then we'll simply feck up somewhere ... as an Arsenal fan you get used to this story every season

but you're always thinking that this season's different but then you crash out the European cup and out the title race in the same week and you remember that you're an Arsenal fan.

... at least we made a profit and cut our debt.

COME ON ARSENAL!!!

Edited by tl6237

I think we just do not have the depth of squad or steel in defence and midfield required to take us above Chelsea or Man U. The easy run in is on paper, we will slip up a few times with the so called lesser teams as they know to bully and harass us off our game. This coupled with the inevitable injuries the team will sustain leads me to believe we will finish 3rd

we'll play the best one touch free flowing football the premiership has ever seen, go on a winning run, Chelsea and Man Utd will drop points here and there, we'll drag ourselves right back in it if we win a game in hand which we always seem to inevitably end up having and then we'll simply feck up somewhere ... as an Arsenal fan you get used to this story every season

but you're always thinking that this season's different but then you crash out the European cup and out the title race in the same week and you remember that you're an Arsenal fan.

... at least we made a profit and cut our debt.

COME ON ARSENAL!!!

Ditto from me. What's clear to me is that our squad is thin and we need to invest some wonga in 2-3 experienced quality players in the summer. Here's hoping Wenger picks up a bargain or two at the World Cup this summer. I'd feel more confident about catching ManUre and Chelski if RVP was back, fit and firing but he's unlikely to be back in time to make an impact for us in the Champs Lge and Prem.

alley i think you,ve been a little light wt up front for the amount of possession you have,brentners back now who should make a differance,as for injuries all 3 teams will have them,and i can tell you some of utd fring players are to put it mildly ordinary,today you play the bully team of the league who play crap football but with a great team sprit,get them stuffed please.

Bendtner's not good enough yet

we never replaced Adebayor and what with RVP getting injured i knew we were fecked

Poor Arron Ramsey of Arsenal great potential got a horrific broken leg against Stoke City, similar as Eduardo. Let hope he will make a speedy recovery.I would not wish that happen to any player to any football clubs. Aresenal are slowing catching up with the big two Chelsea and United. Terry saga is putting a lots of problems and pressure on Chelsea with United only depending on one player Rooney on form. Should be a fantastic three horse race to the last day.

Lets not forget that with United and Chelsea having to play each other that one of them has to lose 3 points or both of them 2 in relation to Arsenal. Chelsea to lose the big game or a draw would suit the Arsenal the best IMO.of course there is no guarantee that Arsenal will take full advantage of this but they must realise that with a little luck anything is possible.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Terrible tackle on Aaron Ramsey on Saturday when resulted in an 'Eduardo-like' leg break. Hopefully the lad will be back in full shape in 6-9 months. For all Gooners and our fellow footy fans from other clubs, the full story is here:

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3151137/first-team/stoke-city-v-arsenal?tab=report

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3151137/first-team/stoke-city-v-arsenal?tab=gallery

I also felt sorry for Stoke's Ryan Shawcross as he was in bits after being sent off and I think the tackle was careless and late but not malicious.

The win at Stoke proved we have the grit to stay in the title race but I think our challenge will be undone by the thinness and youth of our squad.

Wenger's point (uncharacteristically clumsily put by him after the game) was that other teams obviously set out to kick Arsenal players out of the game. To have three players with broken legs in the last 3-4 years (Diaby, Eduardo and now Ramsey) is somewhat high. The answer must be that refs must protect the skillful teams better and that Wenger needs to go and get more experienced players who are physically bigger. Even Barcelona with likes of Messi, Zavi and Iniesta have the likes of Puyol, Henry, Yaya Toure and others who are around 6ft tall & over to add some beef to their skill. Man Utd and Chelsea both have a mix of brawn with skill. That should be Arsenal's way forward.

Terrible tackle on Aaron Ramsey on Saturday when resulted in an 'Eduardo-like' leg break. Hopefully the lad will be back in full shape in 6-9 months. For all Gooners and our fellow footy fans from other clubs, the full story is here:

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3151137/first-team/stoke-city-v-arsenal?tab=report

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3151137/first-team/stoke-city-v-arsenal?tab=gallery

I also felt sorry for Stoke's Ryan Shawcross as he was in bits after being sent off and I think the tackle was careless and late but not malicious.

The win at Stoke proved we have the grit to stay in the title race but I think our challenge will be undone by the thinness and youth of our squad.

Wenger's point (uncharacteristically clumsily put by him after the game) was that other teams obviously set out to kick Arsenal players out of the game. To have three players with broken legs in the last 3-4 years (Diaby, Eduardo and now Ramsey) is somewhat high. The answer must be that refs must protect the skillful teams better and that Wenger needs to go and get more experienced players who are physically bigger. Even Barcelona with likes of Messi, Zavi and Iniesta have the likes of Puyol, Henry, Yaya Toure and others who are around 6ft tall & over to add some beef to their skill. Man Utd and Chelsea both have a mix of brawn with skill. That should be Arsenal's way forward.

jaco thats what i mean about wengers last night on sky news it showed diabys tackle on stianson where he got a red card and gallas tackle on mark davies both potential leg breaking tackles, when you look at the players arsenal had under wenger ,ie dixon,adams, keown,winterburn,etc, get my point,anyway i think arsenal have a very good team and are great to watch just hope you go on and win the title.

jaco thats what i mean about wengers last night on sky news it showed diabys tackle on stianson where he got a red card and gallas tackle on mark davies both potential leg breaking tackles, when you look at the players arsenal had under wenger ,ie dixon,adams, keown,winterburn,etc, get my point,anyway i think arsenal have a very good team and are great to watch just hope you go on and win the title.

Don't agree with you entirely mate. Adams, Keown et al were hard but never dirty and could also look after themselves.

Let me ask you a question - could you name another team that has had three or more players with badly broken legs in matches in 4-5 years? Doubt that you could. Those things usually happen once every 3-5 years in the entire league!! To have ONE club get three leg breaks in such a short space of time is not a coincidence - and that was the point Wenger was making, but just very badly.

I take your point about Diaby's and Gallas's tackles (see my earlier comments in this thread about the Gallas incident) and both were like the Shawcross/Ramsey one, ie: late, unfortunate, but not malicious. Ramsey was just unlucky but you could see that 'roughing up' Arsenal was part of Stoke's game plan that day. The lads (for once!) all stood up and were counted to man which as a Gooner, I'm very glad to see at long last. But standing up ain't going to turn Fabregas, Rosicky, Arshavin & co. into big 6ft players. Wenger will need to splash some wonga in the summer for sure.

Don't think we'll win the Prem with our lightweight and thin squad but we should have a say in where it will go. My money is still on the Blue Scum to be Champions.

Don't agree with you entirely mate. Adams, Keown et al were hard but never dirty and could also look after themselves.

Let me ask you a question - could you name another team that has had three or more players with badly broken legs in matches in 4-5 years? Doubt that you could. Those things usually happen once every 3-5 years in the entire league!! To have ONE club get three leg breaks in such a short space of time is not a coincidence - and that was the point Wenger was making, but just very badly.

I take your point about Diaby's and Gallas's tackles (see my earlier comments in this thread about the Gallas incident) and both were like the Shawcross/Ramsey one, ie: late, unfortunate, but not malicious. Ramsey was just unlucky but you could see that 'roughing up' Arsenal was part of Stoke's game plan that day. The lads (for once!) all stood up and were counted to man which as a Gooner, I'm very glad to see at long last. But standing up ain't going to turn Fabregas, Rosicky, Arshavin & co. into big 6ft players. Wenger will need to splash some wonga in the summer for sure.

Don't think we'll win the Prem with our lightweight and thin squad but we should have a say in where it will go. My money is still on the Blue Scum to be Champions.

jaco the questtion you ask me in my opionion go,s a lot deeper than that, years ago i just to run alads football team from 11 years trough to 18,and the scouts even the big clubs always seem to pick up the big strong lads with no football ability against the small silkful boys everytime players like shawcross who could probable trap a ball futher than i could kick it,theres loads of them playing at a good level in this country,when they come up against the quick natual footballer thats when the ill time challenges come into play.

as a fellow Gooner Jaco not sure that you could class Keown (he's gotta Monkey's head) as not being dirty

Wengers remarks were absolute nonsense. Shawcross went for the ball and Ramsey's studs were in the ground when contact was made which is probably why his leg was broken. Shawcross only saw red because the ref saw the broken leg. Horrible injury for a very promising young player to get but he is only 19 and once he is allowed a proper recovery he should be fine.

Shawcross had already apologies for his tackle.. It was a 50/50 tackle , I hope Arsene Wenger find in his heart to admit he made a mistake for critizing poor Shawcross.. He(shawcross) walked off tearfully, showed he really did not mean it and felt sorry for what had happened.. Give him a ring and apology to Shawcross, wenger and you will be praised by football world.. Ramsey, I hope he will make a speedy recovery to play for Arsenal and Wales again..

Edited by jocky king

as a fellow Gooner Jaco not sure that you could class Keown (he's gotta Monkey's head) as not being dirty

That is exactly what I'm saying me Gooner mate! Old Monkey's head Keown was always hard but never dirty. Roy Keane & Vinnie Jones - now those were dirty players.

Wengers remarks were absolute nonsense. Shawcross went for the ball and Ramsey's studs were in the ground when contact was made which is probably why his leg was broken. Shawcross only saw red because the ref saw the broken leg. Horrible injury for a very promising young player to get but he is only 19 and once he is allowed a proper recovery he should be fine.

As I said before, Wenger made a very valid point about teams physically targeting Arsenal, but could have said it much better. I don't think anyone thinks the Shawcross tackle was dirty & malicious - it was just late & unfortunate.

Edited by Jaco2

A commanding performance by the Gooners last night saw us reach the Champs Lge's last 8 after the 5-0 thrashing of FC Porto. Samir's goal and the 2 assists from Andrey were world-class and well worth the match ticket. I still have my doubts about Bendtner though, despite his treble. A wasteful striker.

Wenger said he is happy if they draw with the english clubs.. With Real Madrid out, I say everyclub will have a good chance to be in the final, Arsenal Vs Man Utd looks right for the final... If Barcelona in the final, It will a strange game for em cos they are on the rival grounds, Madrid, I suppose Barcelona will be feeling at home there cos they beat Real Madrid few times at their grounds..

I still have my doubts about Bendtner though, despite his treble. A wasteful striker.

snap albeit he's still only 21/22 and because of this we should to keep him as he can only get better

Wenger said he is happy if they draw with the english clubs.. With Real Madrid out, I say everyclub will have a good chance to be in the final, Arsenal Vs Man Utd looks right for the final... If Barcelona in the final, It will a strange game for em cos they are on the rival grounds, Madrid, I suppose Barcelona will be feeling at home there cos they beat Real Madrid few times at their grounds..

Man Utd, Barca, Chelsea/ Inter ... we'll take 'em all on!!