IGNORED

Pattaya addicts top 14 agoda hotels

LaaMok

On 3/12/2018 at 11:55, Althai said:

Baht bus (really a truck with the bed converted to covered bench seating. Have a 10 baht coin in your pocket, stand on the side of the road in the direction you want to go, flag one down. Jump in the back.. when close to the destination, pull the cord for the buzzer. He pulls over, you hop out and hand him your coin. Apparently they aren't keen on giving change, slows them down. My first trip i stayed on Walking Street, so all of my time was spent there. This time, i'm staying half way between Soi 6 and LK Metro so i can hit them as well. With the baht bus, cruising down to Walking Street and back is easy as the baht bus goes in a loop down beach road and back up second (one way streets).

Thanks. I hadn't found it yet but this was exactly what I was looking for. It may be  as mall thing but knowing the proper etiquette in stopping the baht bus for pickup and drop off, and especially the whole when to pay them thing is greatly appreciated.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:51, mcfish said:

Just a few things. There is no cord to pull on the Baht bus just a buzzer. They will give change but if it's a 500 baht or a thousand baht note then common sense prevails when it's just a 10 baht trip
The biggest thing is getting from Soi 6 to walking St in high season is a freaking nightmare! faster to walk but it's a long way!

Thanks for the added intel mcfish. I will be sure to make sure I have several 10 baht coins/notes(?) in my pocket when traveling. I guess I will be there during the high season, first week of a December, and from what I read Soi 6 is not to be missed. I'll still probably take the baht bus due to the distance, but is the bus price still 10 baht no matter what distance e you travel? I assume that they have some sort of route in the area?

2 hours ago, oceanpro220 said:

Thanks for the added intel mcfish. I will be sure to make sure I have several 10 baht coins/notes(?) in my pocket when traveling. I guess I will be there during the high season, first week of a December, and from what I read Soi 6 is not to be missed. I'll still probably take the baht bus due to the distance, but is the bus price still 10 baht no matter what distance e you travel? I assume that they have some sort of route in the area?

If you look at a map, it's a loop. Beach road is a one way, the bus takes a turn SE at Walking Street entrance, then heads NE on second street (pattayasaisong rd i think), which is also one way. You can hop off at any point. They never kept track of who gets on where, or when they get off. It's always 10 baht. I guess you could just ride around for hours if you want. I'm not clear on the very northern part of the route. I went to the Temple of Truth, and think it was on a baht bus (most of the way), so not sure when they head back down beach road. We had a local with us, so i wasn't paying much attention.

Edited by Althai

19 hours ago, Althai said:

If you look at a map, it's a loop. Beach road is a one way, the bus takes a turn SE at Walking Street entrance, then heads NE on second street (pattayasaisong rd i think), which is also one way. You can hop off at any point. They never kept track of who gets on where, or when they get off. It's always 10 baht. I guess you could just ride around for hours if you want. I'm not clear on the very northern part of the route. I went to the Temple of Truth, and think it was on a baht bus (most of the way), so not sure when they head back down beach road. We had a local with us, so i wasn't paying much attention.

Thanks Althai. It seems a pretty easy thing to deal with. Everyone on here is a wealth of information and I appreciate you guys that have been there filling us clueless newbies in on the little things.

4 hours ago, oceanpro220 said:

Thanks Althai. It seems a pretty easy thing to deal with. Everyone on here is a wealth of information and I appreciate you guys that have been there filling us clueless newbies in on the little things.

You're welcome, but i'm sort of a newb myself :) This will be my second trip. I did however ride the baht bus several times, so glad to help. 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had a recent stay at August Suites?

I'm booked there in may and am wondering what the wifi is like

Cheers

3 hours ago, Ralphanous said:

Anyone had a recent stay at August Suites?

I'm booked there in may and am wondering what the wifi is like

Cheers

I stayed there within the past year and the WiFi was pretty darn good. In speed tests I was getting ~10Mbs down, 8Mbs up, and not terrible latency at all. I felt like the wifi was consistent in my room, but I'm not sure about the whole hotel because I just used AIS when I wasn't in my room. So, in aggregate I felt like the place was MUCH better than the average Pattaya hotel (I stayed in a few during my visit) but definitely not like a great western resort.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blueforever25 said:

I stayed there within the past year and the WiFi was pretty darn good. In speed tests I was getting ~10Mbs down, 8Mbs up, and not terrible latency at all. I felt like the wifi was consistent in my room, but I'm not sure about the whole hotel because I just used AIS when I wasn't in my room. So, in aggregate I felt like the place was MUCH better than the average Pattaya hotel (I stayed in a few during my visit) but definitely not like a great western resort.

Cheers for that

Did you get your SIM in pattaya or BKK?

36 minutes ago, Ralphanous said:

Cheers for that

Did you get your SIM in pattaya or BKK?

I got it at the airport, BKK. To be honest I"m not sure if that is the greatest deal, but I like to have fast internet and to always have internet available so I made it a financial priority on my trip. In the end it was a lot cheaper than paying for my bill in the United States. I got a tourist SIM but I think that the next time I visit Pattaya I will try out a normal plan to see if that ends up being cheaper and having a higher data cap in the long run.

Cheers Mate

That SIM looks like an easy way to get connected quickly and that store at BKK airport looks convienient

• Like 1

I feel like there are lots of ways to penny pinch but I would rather not penny pinch with my phone plan.

That being said, Thai phone service is VERY inexpensive compared to American phone service. That might not feel like the case if you are from Europe, I know it is a lot cheaper there than in the US, so maybe keep that in mind as I'm not too up to date on the prices in Europe.

• 4 weeks later...

I just stayed at Inn House on Soi 13. It was around $35 USD per night after all taxes and fees.

I found it to be in a great location. 1/2 block to several restaurant choices on 2nd Rd. 1/2 block to Beach Rd. Short stroll to Walking St. Short stroll up to Soi 6. Several massage shops next streets on Soi 13/1 and 13/2.

Room was clean and new looking. Nice quiet restaurant called King's Table right outside. Nattaya massage right next door with above average looking girls in traditional Thai dress.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Page 10 on soi 10.

The hotel is good with polished interiors and a nice pool. Breakfast spread was delicious too.

Was around 1500 baht per night.

• Like 1

August Suites remains my go to. Fantastic location. Very nice and friendly staff. Great service. Good price. Can’t complain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked sunbeam without really checking guest friendly policy. Now seeing various conflicting reports including them charging for guests. Anyone has a recent experience? . I have booked a double superior room. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi fellas,  I'm looking at booking March hotel my up coming holiday in July. Superior Double. Approx bhat 1300 per day. Want something close to Soi 6 , any suggestions. TIA

Edited by Islanddave
Incorrect hotel name

On 9/23/2011 at 20:05, Jebb said:

LK Metropole for me every time.Great location and staff. Never had a bad experience there! :Number1a:

Good to see.  I am staying there in August.  1600 per night.  Can't wait, will be first time in Pattaya.  Hoping just as good 7 years later.  555 :D

Edited by JMSIII
Finish

• 1 month later...

For people that don't mind loud music, and are looking for a prime location on Soi LK, I can recommend Crystal suites. It's right above Crystal club (you actually have to go through it to get to the stairs), and as an added bonus you pass by the dressing room of the girls on the first floor. Don't expect to sleep before 4 however, because the music will be blasting until then. Good price/quality also for the room.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of the top hotels listed here, which one would you say is the best location wise? Ideally looking for a nice sub $100night hotel that is close to everything.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png.1f0f42a5871e9dd7c3c9a7a6b17a945e.png.6e53c5df987c5123968edc4f1dd563a0.png

Just stayed at the March hotel. Couldn't have been happier. Great location and the place is chill and quiet. I seemed to have too much to drink every night, and in the morning I'd drink about 6 glasses of water and head to the sauna.

I'd sweat out the alcohol and be ready for another day of fun! 

the best location is close to the baht bas route, meaning between 1st and 2rd road.

as i see it there are 6 main areas:

- Mrach hotel, April & Aug Suite, central pattaya area - for those who fancy Soi 6

- Central festival area - VT6, soi 8-10 (soi 10 has many quite a good hotels) 

- Soi diana area including soi honey, LK Metro - for those who facy the massages areas around triangle bar and soi buakhao, honey etc and the proximity to 2nd road

- beach road area for those who likes to be near the beach

- WS area

- Northern area siam@siam hotel and around

for the first options you can extand it to soi buakhao as an east border (in general) 

i used to hang out around soi diana and 2nd road but to get to WS it's not the best, i plan to go for Central festival area.