IGNORED

Pattaya addicts top 14 agoda hotels

LaaMok

Stayed in August Suites for a week early in the month. Was pretty good, and I'd stay there again.

Seemed fairly quiet, no problems bringing ladies back (and no hint of discomfort or judgement from the staff). Decent location: basically equal distance to WS and Soi 6. SOme nice food stalls on the road outside.

This is one element of girl friendly that pople tend to forget/ignore

I "girl friendly" hotel is one that :

1. Does not charge extra for one over night guest - hotels discretion for those who like to take back more.

2. IMO, more importantly, where the staff, and especially the reception staff treat the girl the same as every other guest. This is where (some of) the 5 star places tend to come unstuck. For example Hard Rock and The Hilton seem to have no issue with one extra guest but the girls get the bums rush from the reception staff there. That is my personal experience of HR by the way, not a general observation. Baraquda on the other hand the staff treated my guests as they did myself. As did The Marriot and the Holiday Inn.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Can agree with whitespider in so far as Holiday Inn goes, staff there treated bg I had as tho a paying guest same as me, treated extremely well, she told me felt very comfortable with staff.

• 2 weeks later...

Several Pattaya hotels that are struggling to survive are being pressured by Chinese travel agents to reduce their room rates by 30-40%. Hoteliers in the resort city have been relying mainly on Chinese... 

Please credit and share this article with others using this link: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/tourism-and-transport/622728/chinese-put-squeeze-on-pattaya-hotels  

View our policies at http://goo.gl/9HgTd and http://goo.gl/ou6Ip. © Post Publishing PCL. All rights reserved.

This is one element of girl friendly that pople tend to forget/ignore

<...>

2. IMO, more importantly, where the staff, and especially the reception staff treat the girl the same as every other guest. <...> . Baraquda on the other hand the staff treated my guests as they did myself. As did The Marriot and the Holiday Inn.

I agree

I stayed at the Grand Millenium Sukhumvit, BKK, Asok Montri Rd (= soi 21) last December and the staff was only tolerating the guest, but not friendly. I had to ensure that my lady was allowed to enter the breakfast room, despite me having booked a room + breakfast for 2 guests

Edited by tiefrot

TR 1: Aug 2015, Tokyo. TR 2: Nov 2015, Pattaya. TR 3: Mar 2016, Pattaya 

TR 4: Jul 2016, Pattaya. TR 5: Sep 2016: soi 6 special. TR 6: Nov 2016, Pattaya.

TR 7: Mar 2017, Macau with Riley. TR 8: Aug 2017, Pattaya with Riley and Bigmac

I miss the LK Empress on that list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noobie advice please -

I was originally looking at staying at the Sunshine and Holiday residences on soi 8 for my trip but I like the look of April Suites and its a fair bit cheaper .

Anyone care to offer some advice for my first trip back in 8 years? I'm looking for somewhere clean and safe. April Suites seems a good choice for my budget.

Cheers

Noobie advice please -

I was originally looking at staying at the Sunshine and Holiday residences on soi 8 for my trip but I like the look of April suites and its a fair bit cheaper .

Anyone care to offer some advice for my first trip back in 8 years? I'm looking for somewhere clean and safe. April suites seems a good choice for my budget.

Cheers

Ive never actually stayed at the April Suites or the one in Soi 8 but I would imagine Sunshine is more expensive only due to location, April Suites is a little off the beaten track, probably in between the 2 action area's Soi 7&8 and Soi 6. I'd say maybe about 200-250 metres either way as Ive walked past it many times. If you dont mind walking 5 minutes extra in that heat, I know April Suites has better reviews.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g293919-d447136-Reviews-Sunshine_Hotel_Residences-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

I just booked April Suites for my next holiday in january next year 27 euro each night. Its a short walk to soi 7 and 8 only a few minutes same for Soi 6 i guess around 5-6 minutes or 1 minute if you take the bath bus :-) great hotel and very friendly staff

Thanks - I must admit I'm not finding it very easy to decide which to choose. I guess it doesn't matter really because both are girl friendly. It's just a case of working out which I want most.

Here are the positives and negatives I'm playing with.

April Suites

+ cheaper room rate

+ predominantly better reviews

+ rooms look modern and well made

+ a quieter area

+ closer to Soi 6

+ free wifi

- further from Walking Street (do you just get a baht bus in the wrong direction to get to Walking Street or have to walk down to beach road?)

- further from soi 7 & 8

- limited room service hours

- whilst closer to Soi 6 walking there is less attractive along 2nd road than beach road.

- possibly a bit harder to find / orientate to when drunk or at night

Sunshine and Holiday hotel

+ on a soi between beach and 2nd road so slightly better placed for getting about and orientating to.

+ I am quite enamored by the prospect of getting a room on a high floor for the view and space.

+ room service

+ right on soi 8

- more expensive room rate

- silly early hours for breakfast (although I am enquiring about this as I have read a response on trip advisor that suggests late risers can get continue to get breakfast in the restaurant until 3pm.)

- wifi by day is ridiculously expensive

I'm just rubbish at making decisions.

Thanks - I must admit I'm not finding it very easy to decide which to choose. I guess it doesn't matter really because both are girl friendly. It's just a case of working out which I want most.

Here are the positives and negatives I'm playing with.

April suites

+ cheaper room rate

+ predominantly better reviews

+ rooms look modern and well made

+ a quieter area

+ closer to Soi 6

+ free wifi

- further from Walking Street (do you just get a baht bus in the wrong direction to get to Walking Street or have to walk down to beach road?)

- further from soi 7 & 8

- limited room service hours

- whilst closer to Soi 6 walking there is less attractive along 2nd road than beach road.

- possibly a bit harder to find / orientate to when drunk or at night

Sunshine and Holiday hotel

+ on a soi between beach and 2nd road so slightly better placed for getting about and orientating to.

+ I am quite enamored by the prospect of getting a room on a high floor for the view and space.

+ room service

+ right on soi 8

- more expensive room rate

- silly early hours for breakfast (although I am enquiring about this as I have read a response on trip advisor that suggests late risers can get continue to get breakfast in the restaurant until 3pm.)

- wifi by day is ridiculously expensive

I'm just rubbish at making decisions.

2nd road is all one way as is Beach Rd going back to WS so in order to catch a baht bus, yes you will have to walk down to beach rd using Central Rd/Pattaya Klang but its not a long walk and the baht bus is only 10 baht from your hotel to Soi 6. Of course walking back drunk might be a hassle to April Suites and if you take a lady long time, she might be hesitant to walk.

For the quality of the room you're after, with rooftop pools,maybe looking at some of the hotels in Soi 10 might be a better option, like Page 10, The Stay, See Me Spring etc. and the cheaper option of Flipper Lodge in Soi 7 which also has rooftop pool. Personally I catch a lot of baht buses during the day and mototaxi's late at night but everybody's different.

Also for the best views, location and close proximity to Soi 7 & 8 is View Talay 6 (VT6) to consider... I hope I didnt confuse you even more now :WinkGrin1:

Edited by GENIII

2nd road is all one way as is Beach Rd going back to WS so in order to catch a baht bus, yes you will have to walk down to beach rd using Central Rd/Pattaya Klang but its not a long walk and the baht bus is only 10 baht from your hotel to Soi 6. Of course walking back drunk might be a hassle to April Suites and if you take a lady long time, she might be hesitant to walk.

For the quality of the room you're after, with rooftop pools,maybe looking at some of the hotels in Soi 10 might be a better option, like Page 10, The Stay, See Me Spring etc. and the cheaper option of Flipper Lodge in Soi 7 which also has rooftop pool. Personally I catch a lot of baht buses during the day and mototaxi's late at night but everybody's different.

Also for the best views, location and close proximity to Soi 7 & 8 is View Talay 6 (VT6) to consider... I hope I didnt confuse you even more now :WinkGrin1:

I appreciate your view thanks. I prefer more information and options to make the best decision I can. I assume all the places you mention are guest friendly so I will take a look later.

I appreciate your view thanks. I prefer more information and options to make the best decision I can. I assume all the places you mention are guest friendly so I will take a look later.

You're welcome, yes they are all guest friendly, are all very popular among BM's on this forum and this thread. One man's kennel might be another mans castle :WinkGrin1:

Ive spent countless hours even days scouring the internet for information, my first few trips I packed light, just a carry on and ended up staying 3-4 days at each hotel, it was a bit of a headache but I had a month up my sleave and learned a lot but I realized that what I look for in a room might not be important to others.

Its trial and error but the lists that keep getting updated on this thread, I think you really cant go too wrong..let us know the outcome of your choice and how it went...

You're welcome, yes they are all guest friendly, are all very popular among BM's on this forum and this thread. One man's kennel might be another mans castle :WinkGrin1:

Ive spent countless hours even days scouring the internet for information, my first few trips I packed light, just a carry on and ended up staying 3-4 days at each hotel, it was a bit of a headache but I had a month up my sleave and learned a lot but I realized that what I look for in a room might not be important to others.

Its trial and error but the lists that keep getting updated on this thread, I think you really cant go too wrong..let us know the outcome of your choice and how it went...

I had vaguely considered moving around too durimg my stay as reconnaissance for future trips but have decided i would prefer a permanent base. If I don't like the hotel much it's gonna suck but nothing I can really do about it.

The sunshine and holiday residences isn't actually on the PA list of top places to stay. It is on a list of girl friendly hotels I researched and the manager has made it clear on TA that there is no guest charge or joiner fee.

The VT6 looks good - very spacious thanks for pointing it out.

I will do a trip report for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking at the Intimate Boutique for my next trip...the jacuzzi suite is looking really nice..anyone here have a good experience with the jacuzzi?

First Trip: Pattaya April 6-20th 2013
Second Trip: Bangkok November 21-26th 2013
Third Trip: Pattaya May 3-7th 2014
Fourth Trip: Bangkok November 26-30 2014

Page 10 is one of the my favorite otel, I suggest it everyone. it is very clean, by the way location is very good. Easy to go out and come back to hotel. very close to mall. and also, price is very effective according to that standarts.I have been in there once. and for the second time I preferred there.

"Good guys go to heaven, bad guys go to Pattaya"

Still not sure I've made the right decision over where to stay but not changing again unless I find something I really like the look of.

Can I assume that LK empress (advertised) is girl friendly? The rooms looked good.

I am looking at the Intimate Boutique for my next trip...the jacuzzi suite is looking really nice..anyone here have a good experience with the jacuzzi?

not guest friendly

Think like a VC - fail quickly, try often

Update for the last two months i.e. April and May

Little bit of back to normality - high season over, many people looking at the lower cost hotels

1. Areca Lodge - seems firmly entrenched at number one and has been on and off for the last 3 or 4 years.

2. Page 10

3. Tom Boutique - Intimate Hotel

4. Walking Street Guesthouse - as many of you know this is owned by a well known BM so thanks for supporting it. PA members get a 10% discount using the code ILOVEPA

5. The Marriott - the only 5 star that seems to be still getting booked.

All the other usual suspects are still in the mix, April and August Suites, Both the Sea Me Springs. Flippers etc

One worth a mention is the Blue Sky Hotel - had a few bookings for this place recently whereas it has nevr showed up before. I am not sure if its new or if this is a result of the recent thread on this hotel.

Thanks to everyone who helps us by booking through Agoda or Booking.com links on the forum. It really does help a lot. To those who do use Agoda please remember we are not ONLY paid if you clcik a link and book. We are no longer paid for returning visitors as we were in the past.

Agoda Pattaya hotels

Booking.com hotels

Tim's is not guest friendly - 1,000B for the 3rd person!!!!

I cancelled my reservation (in June this year) after getting this message:

hotel policy : 1 room can stay 2person for 3rd person hotel will be charge 1,000 THB./person

Any information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Juthamas R. (Amm)

RESVERVATION

Mobile : +66(0)81 864 1771

According to agoda stats, these are the top 14 hotels in Pattaya that our forum members stay at. (not in order)

Most of these hotels get full especially during high season, so its good to prebook them early! Then you don't need to find another hotel (disturb your mongering) and so you don't use your short time cash on hotel funds.

They are all girl friendly, if any policies change on that, I will remove them from our poll.

Please vote, which one is the all round best? price, location and quality

August Suites Pattaya

http://www.agoda.com...es_pattaya.html

Areca Lodge Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...odge_hotel.html

LK Metropole Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...pole_hotel.html

Tim Boutique Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...ique_hotel.html

LK Renaissance Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...ance_hotel.html

Page 10 Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...e_10_hotel.html

April Suites Pattaya

http://www.agoda.com...es_pattaya.html

LK Legend Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...gend_hotel.html

Baywalk Residence

http://www.agoda.com..._residence.html

LK Royal Suite Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...uite_hotel.html

Siam Bayview Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...view_hotel.html

Eastiny Seven Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...even_hotel.html

Sabai Lodge Hotel

http://www.agoda.com...odge_hotel.html

Inn House

http://www.agoda.com.../inn_house.html

I think Tim's shuld be dropped off the list - not guest friendly.

Check the email I received - copied in the message right above this reply.

I think Tim's shuld be dropped off the list - not guest friendly.

Check the email I received - copied in the message right above this reply.

I stayed at Tims Christmas \ New Year 2013 and never had any problems bringing girls back, I even bought a couple of ST's from Champagne during the day before my LT at night and they never said a word?

I cannot believe LK Empress is not on there even if it is my third favorite in the LK group.

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 1854 – 30 November 1900)
“I can resist everything except temptationâ€

To be born an Englishman is to win the lottery of life

Hotel policy : 1 room can stay 2person for 3rd person hotel will be charge 1,000 THB.

How is that not guest-friendly? You'd get charged 1000B for bringing in 2 girls at the same time.

• Like 2

I stayed at Tims Christmas \ New Year 2013 and never had any problems bringing girls back, I even bought a couple of ST's from Champagne during the day before my LT at night and they never said a word?

I cannot believe LK Empress is not on there even if it is my third favorite in the LK group.

Yeah that's why I asked. LK empress is advertised but not listed in this thread

Regarding Tims. I guesd i would also class a charge for a third person as ok and still say the hotel was girl friendly as long as no charge for first extra guest. Just my opinion mind - i suppose a true girl friendly hotel shouldn't care how many you bring back but I'm not a three girl guy really.

J

How is that not guest-friendly? You'd get charged 1000B for bringing in 2 girls at the same time.

Per definition, that is NOT guest friendly.  At the very minimum, it warrants a big fat asterisk alert next to the name.