IGNORED

Football season 2011/12.

Thaihot

Not sure what league table you blokes are looking at

but on my one Tottenham are 3rd...with a game in hand.

Haven't got any delusions about winning the title and even

finishing where we are now is going to be a hell of an achievement

but I think we deserve a mention among the other runners.

Then again,fying under the radar might not be such a bad thing.

spurs are playing really well and i like the way they play just think the middle 2 at the back might stuggle against the top sides,also could do with roy keene,de jong ,type of midfeilder to play in front of the back 4.

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the reasons we are doing so well is that Ledley King* is playing so many league games.

I don't think we've ever had a better centre half and were he injury free would slot into any team

in the land.If Woodgate could have stayed fit too it would have been,arguably,the best pairing in

the country.Gallas is a good partner but has been out a long time and Dawson is at his best alongside

Ledders but he's another long term injury.At the moment Kaboul is doing well,which again is in part

due to having King alongside him.

As for the midfield,Scott Parker has been a star.Didn't realise how good he is until we bought him.

His ability to run and tackle for 90 minutes has been remarkable and allows Modric to do his thing.

Sandro is still young and without much experience but he's already providing a bit of a selection headache

for Harry.I think Huddlestone might be looking for a move in the summer.

Pretty good set of results today...gained a couple of points over a few teams.In the next six home games,

we play Bolton,Sunderland,West Brom,Wolves and Wigan....all very winnable and the other two are Chelsea

and Newcastle,which apart from also being winnable,are also 'six pointers'.

* 'Oh Ledley Ledley.....he's only got one knee....he's better than John Terry....oh Ledley Ledley' (que sera sera).

Another lacklustre football from United even though they won at Swansea 0-1, But their defence is solid which is a good thing, With four strongest players played together first time since few months.. Forward is grand but the midfield dept is still weak with very few delivery to the forward, they won the last three matches with a 1-0 scoreline.. Will be tough going in the next 6/7 weeks without having the strong midfielders.. They must buy a midfield when transfer window opened in January 2012 or they wont regain the title in May and even win nothing.. Arsenal winning again against Norwich, they are starting to put things right again.. City keeps the top place with a win against Newcastle with no teething problems.. Tomorrow Chelsea will be battling for three points against Liverpool. will be good to watch.

Yes mate Man Utd need world class midfielders big time.

When I started this thread I did believe Wesley Snider was on his way & my God they need him now at least.

:Think1:

Liverpool won at Stamford Bridge 1-2 against the Blues.. Thought they were heading for a draw until Johnson made a dramatic 88th mins goal and fully deserved three points.. Torres and Carroll combined at £85, only came on in the last 6 and 2 minutes.. What a waste of money, Torres only scored 3 since joining Chelsea while Carroll only scored 4.. Would be better to have a loan swap in January Transfer window...

Happy for Liverpool & King Kenny was on fire but Chelsea have problems & they need new players & they have to admit they have some old boys who are past there best by a mile.

To many egos in the dressing room & Torres looks lost.

One of the reasons we are doing so well is that Ledley King* is playing so many league games.

I don't think we've ever had a better centre half and were he injury free would slot into any team

in the land.If Woodgate could have stayed fit too it would have been,arguably,the best pairing in

the country.Gallas is a good partner but has been out a long time and Dawson is at his best alongside

Ledders but he's another long term injury.At the moment Kaboul is doing well,which again is in part

due to having King alongside him.

As for the midfield,Scott Parker has been a star.Didn't realise how good he is until we bought him.

His ability to run and tackle for 90 minutes has been remarkable and allows Modric to do his thing.

Sandro is still young and without much experience but he's already providing a bit of a selection headache

for Harry.I think Huddlestone might be looking for a move in the summer.

Pretty good set of results today...gained a couple of points over a few teams.In the next six home games,

we play Bolton,Sunderland,West Brom,Wolves and Wigan....all very winnable and the other two are Chelsea

and Newcastle,which apart from also being winnable,are also 'six pointers'.

* 'Oh Ledley Ledley.....he's only got one knee....he's better than John Terry....oh Ledley Ledley' (que sera sera).

got to agree with you on all points marks ,west brom could be a dorgy one but you could find your self being in the mix with the big 3.

Liverpool have got no hope at all for this Title, cos they are not yet a team that clicked but may have a chance for the Mickey mouse Cup in March 2012.. City by far the best team since the start of the Premiership, After beating Newcastle last week, there is no one stopping them to clinch the Holy Grail come May.. United, No chance cos of Midfield weakness, Chelsea, No chance cos of Dad Army (lots of old men), Arsenal No chance, depending too much on one player Van Persie, He will be worn out next month or January.. Real Madrid to win the Champion League in 2012.

Some good points there.

Real football people with knowledge could not fault your opinion there mate its spot on.

Real Madrid to win the Champions League ????? thats the bit I am not sure is correct.

Thanks for you posts they are all well worth a view.

:08:

:001_Thank_You5:

if liverpool beat man city this weekend i reckon liverpool will go on to win the league, utd suck as do chelsea and arsenal, and man city napoli showed us how good they really are

Prem winners no chance.

Liverpool to beat MAN CITY ????? I think they will mate but I hope & pray that they do. :GoldenSmile1:

Today Man Utd had a bad referee it was not a penalty.

That said the Newcastle Goalkeeper was outstanding.

Sir Alex is a legend but where is the World class midfield a team needs to be the best ?????

A bad summer holiday me thinks.

Spurs are looking good & doing real well.

Just how did Scott Parker not go to the World cup in south Africa last year ????

Nice to see Arsenal have a new spirit & not die.

Norwich must be respected & there manager must be well noted by some very big clubs right.

:NiceThread1:

if liverpool beat man city this weekend i reckon liverpool will go on to win the league, utd suck as do chelsea and arsenal, and man city napoli showed us how good they really are

so I take it now as Liverpool didn't beat City they wont win the league now? or could it be they are not nearly good enough.

Before I went to the pub tonight I made a short contribution to a Garry Speed thread....

on returning home I find the topic has been removed !

Can anyone explain why ?

Before I went to the pub tonight I made a short contribution to a Garry Speed thread....

on returning home I find the topic has been removed !

Can anyone explain why ?

it has been merged with another of the same topic

so I take it now as Liverpool didn't beat City they wont win the league now? or could it be they are not nearly good enough.

Had they beaten city no one could have complained, because they deserved to .

it has been merged with another of the same topic

Nice to see the Ramones....

but can you tell us where the Gary Speed thread now is,as it's not the sport section ?

When I read the title I was wondering what football seasons go over a 2 year split then I realised you mean soccer. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

What a Wonderful Football Week!!! Man U draws in Champions & Premier Leagues, Barca Loses in La Liga and Real Wins.

Hala Madrid!!!

First of all , I like to pass my condolence to Gary Speed family and his supporters .. RIP Gary Speed and thank you for your contributions of beautiful skill and talents you have shown us over the years,,

Man Utd improved on saturday against Newcastle but not helped by the referee decision to believe the lineman, should have overrules him, Many many times, I keep repeating to my mates to bring in a TV referee like the Rugby have , Rugby had attracted more fans over the last decade because of a fairer decisions by TV referee.. I wont blam the Referee or the Linesman, The only man i blames is Blatter of FIFA, He should have brought it in long ago when the Rugby and Tennis TV decisions had made their sports attractive , and most of all, a fair result at the end of the match... Liverppol, City drew as well, Balotelli got send off was not a surprise. he had it coming since he came over here in England. Arsenal only drew , When Van Persie not playing well or not scoring, Arsenal will only lose or a draw, Chelsea and Spurs had a nice win to go closer to City, Spurs is firing all cylinders at the moments but dont have enough back-up to fill the gap of possible big players if they get injuries.. Chelsea playing City two weeks time will be a tough match and a test of character for City whether to go any further around xmas.... If chelsea wins , the Premiership will be more exciting in the coming months with possible five teams in the race...

When I read the title I was wondering what football seasons go over a 2 year split then I realised you mean soccer. :)

Go back to page 12...post number 290 and substitute American 'football' for.....well,any other 'football' you like really.

First of all , I like to pass my condolence to Gary Speed family and his supporters .. RIP Gary Speed and thank you for your contributions of beautiful skill and talents you have shown us over the years,,

Man Utd improved on saturday against Newcastle but not helped by the referee decision to believe the lineman, should have overrules him, Many many times, I keep repeating to my mates to bring in a TV referee like the Rugby have , Rugby had attracted more fans over the last decade because of a fairer decisions by TV referee.. I wont blam the Referee or the Linesman, The only man i blames is Blatter of FIFA, He should have brought it in long ago when the Rugby and Tennis TV decisions had made their sports attractive , and most of all, a fair result at the end of the match... Liverppol, City drew as well, Balotelli got send off was not a surprise. he had it coming since he came over here in England. Arsenal only drew , When Van Persie not playing well or not scoring, Arsenal will only lose or a draw, Chelsea and Spurs had a nice win to go closer to City, Spurs is firing all cylinders at the moments but dont have enough back-up to fill the gap of possible big players if they get injuries.. Chelsea playing City two weeks time will be a tough match and a test of character for City whether to go any further around xmas.... If chelsea wins , the Premiership will be more exciting in the coming months with possible five teams in the race...

Do Arsenal,Chelsea,Liverpool or arguably,United,have great cover for their big players ? We were without our two most creative players

on Saturday and still got a good result.Admittedly on another day we may not have done....but,were ifs 'n' ands pots and pans etc !

'Possible five teams in the race'.....Which two of the current top seven are you dismissing ? (Presumably Spurs are one ?)

And for anyone who is looking for the Gary Speed thread.....I've now found it in Barstool Banter.

Do Arsenal,Chelsea,Liverpool or arguably,United,have great cover for their big players ? We were without our two most creative players

on Saturday and still got a good result.Admittedly on another day we may not have done....but,were ifs 'n' ands pots and pans etc !

'Possible five teams in the race'.....Which two of the current top seven are you dismissing ? (Presumably Spurs are one ?)

And for anyone who is looking for the Gary Speed thread.....I've now found it in Barstool Banter.

Wouldn't dismiss Spurs at all,... They are playing beautifully at the mo , United, City, Liverpool and Chelsea will be the ones among the top five in February/March. Bale will def go to Real Madrid in the summer,, Who could refuse £275,000 a week wages from Real Madrid compared to present £70,000 a week from Spurs, He will be there like a shot..

Wouldn't dismiss Spurs at all,... They are playing beautifully at the mo , United, City, Liverpool and Chelsea will be the ones among the top five in February/March. Bale will def go to Real Madrid in the summer,, Who could refuse £275,000 a week wages from Real Madrid compared to present £70,000 a week from Spurs, He will be there like a shot..

I'm not usually a betting man but I'll wager a Guinness (foreign extra stout!) that he doesn't leave.

He's still young and very attached to his family,not a brash nightclub/twitter gobshite type of player.

Just can't see it.....for a while anyway.And then there's Daniel Levy to take into account..........ask Luka !

Gaaaaareth Bale,Gaaaaareth Bale,heeeeeee was born to play for Spuuuuuuuuurs.....heeeeeeee was born to play for Spurs !

Funnily enough I've got the 'Bernabeu' as my phone screensaver.Went there for the champions league and loved Madrid....apart from the score !

And I bet he wishes he was on 70k right now !

That would involve clicking on a thread I care nothing about.

I already did that once (well 2 times now).

You guys enjoy your soccer discussions and I will leave you alone.

The great thing is that it does not matter where we are from and what we like and hate we all have one important thing in common Pattaya.

Have a good day.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Had they beaten city no one could have complained, because they deserved to .

I agree Liverpool should have beat Man City.

Joe hart was top class & made some saves of the season right.

The save also he made of Andy Carols head was world class.

That Black Italian is a fucking Liability & with attitude like his he could cost Man City big time as he is a real ass hole of a guy on the pitch.

IMO Henderson is a poor player for 20 million quid.

Lucas the Brazilian was world class.

:NiceThread1:

That would involve clicking on a thread I care nothing about.

I already did that once (well 2 times now).

You guys enjoy your soccer discussions and I will leave you alone.

The great thing is that it does not matter where we are from and what we like and hate we all have one important thing in common Pattaya.

Have a good day.

The Yanks call it soccer but this is not the real name of the Beautiful game it is Football & for the record the most watched sport on Planet earth.

Also for the record the Football World cup is bigger than the Olympics.

Also for the record Football is very well watched on the Screens in most beer bars & some clubs also in Pattaya our number one place.

IMO MAN CITY are doing well & have a big squad with tons of quality but believe me the Prem title is far but won & there is a lot of twist & turns to come in the next 5 months.

Archived