Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Football season 2011/12.

Thaihot

The new season of Football is 5 weeks away & I am missing the Prem.

I will report or give my opinion on teams games & any team that catches my attention during this coming season.

I think it will be a great season & the Prem will be super with all the transfer action & some teams being re shaped.

Saturday 9th July.

1. Arsenal are looking like many players have had enough of Wengers carry on & yes some good players are of to Barcelona or taking the massive money from some clubs up north.

The question is to the Arsenal fans is should the French manager go ????? & is there board room problems with money & power ???????

2. Chelsea look to be spending big again & have paid 7 million pounds to get there Toy Boy Manager who is by all accounts meant to be a top young manager with plenty of what it takes.

3. Liverpool are on the up & the best British team ever have got a Ace in King Kenny who is putting together a strong squad & his stamp on the team.

Not sure about Andy Caroll but lets see as the jury are out on this young man as a Liverpool player who must conform for King Kenny.

4. Man City will be under great pressure as they will be expected to deliver some top stuff this season.

Yes they are still adding players to there squad & they can afford any one they want but I believe they are still not fist choice for players who are top class.

5. Man Utd have added some players like Ashley Young who is well rated by the 2 top managers from Glasgow. The spanish goal keeper David Gea is a young guy who looks good & has become the second most expensive goal keeper in the world.

The big question is the midfield role they need some one very special IMO.

Wesley Snider yes please from Inter Milan.

The Colombian they all want is Alexia Sanchaze who can play down both wings or in midfield any where there.

Nasari from Arsenal the French guy ?????? Not sure IMO.

5 weeks today then & of we go again.

Please post your thoughts here & I am sure we will scream & shout but we will never work it all out as it Football right. :GoldenSmile1:

BRING IT ALL ON.

:001_Thank_You5:

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used to be interested in football but now I am grown up and found a different interest - and guess what that is?

:GoldenSmile1:

Think that Man City and Chelsea will do well.

Might be sir Alex's last season.

Manchester United need a Central Midfield with playmaker ability, Wesley Sneijder or Samir Nasri please!!

we r the team this year.

What out for possible surprise package Norwich, another top young manager, Paul Lambert, back to back promotions, and never lost two games on the trot in those two seasons, he has made 5 signings so far all young hungry players.

Watch out for Anthony Pilkington just signed from Huddersfield, very pacy winger. Next target is Henri Lansbury

Going to be a real challenge, but they will take some top scalps along the way, Chelsea away 3rd game in the first real test.

Yes I am a lifelong fan, and can't wait for the fun to start

see you september,love norwich for the weekend,long bad journey but.when will you get motorways down there.

Liverpool best British team ever? 5555555555555555555

Anyways utd will win league with it going to last day with chelsea. Arsenal will fall away leaving man city, spurs and Liverpool going for last two champions league spots which I think city and Liverpool will get.

West brom, qpr and wigan to go down with wolves, fulham, bolton, Newcastle and swansea in relegation dog fight

see you september,love norwich for the weekend,long bad journey but.when will you get motorways down there.

You have made some decent signings, could be a good year.

The joke in Norfolk is the nearest motorway is in Holland, but Norwich is a great city, easy to get about and friendly yocals, for cheap accommodation and nightlife try staying in Yarmouth 20 miles down the road, lots of late late trashy night clubs

Newcastle will be the team this season haha only taking the piss, man utd will win the league again no doubt i think man city will be close this season they will be able to attract better players with been in the champions league, Liverpool be up there and chealsea

I think Man utd are the best british team ever having just won their 19th title, and i can tell you my thoughts are United will run away with the league, Arsenal falling apart, chelsea are bottlers and we totaly destroyed them home and away last season and i certainly dont expect a new young manager to out fox Sir alex in his first season, liverpools signings make me smile because they seem to be wasting money on average players flat out, and as for Man shitty, if tevez does leave which i believe he will, well thats goodbye to your chances of a top 3 finish! if anyone would like to know how the league finishes its like this.....

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Manchester city

5. Liverpool

Great in put guys.

Love the opinion & passion.

Will comment future ok.

Fuck the prem , i am a real fan, come on you hatters

Fuck the prem , i am a real fan, come on you hatters

I was at Kenilworth Road for that epic FA Cup game. Xabi from inside his own box. Was a great night, Luton stood tall that night.

As far as next season goes, im going to reserve judgment until August, because I know Liverpool have to really start spending. Utd have made some good buys, but those who look to mock our transfer policy should note that for the first time in years Utd were going for the same targets as us. They wanted Henderson and Adam, and we were after Jones and Young. Although I know Utd were tracking Jones for a while, in the end we probably forced them to move a year quicker than they were intending on. I think Utd have done just about enough to stave of demise for another 2/3 years, but that's provided the likes of Young and De Jea settle in. Scholes is out, Giggs can't have too much left in the tank and rat face as f'ked off. Have to say it's great to see that old class of 92' dismantling.

Kenny is trying to get some solidity in place for next season and he is purposely going for an British spine as these players are proven at home. Adam, Henderson, Downing, Carroll - all players who arguably were among the top performers for their clubs last season. I know we haven't got Downing yet but he will come soon. And im fully expecting them to bring in at least 2 or 3 other players. I have faith in Dalglish, he got them playing pass and move last season, almost like the pass and move of old at times. And the stats from last season don't lie either.

* from Jan 22 pts per game: Chelsea 2.06, Man Utd 2.06, LFC 2.00 Everton 1.75, ManCity 1.73, Arsenal 1.56, Spurs 1.56

* Goal differences from Jan 22: LFC +19, Chelsea +17, Man Utd +17, ManCity +9, Everton +8, Arsenal +6, Spurs +3

Put in place owners who are not afraid to spend big and a new stadium and I really think we can at least make a push to get back in the top 4 next season. I'm hoping we get back in there over the next 2 years though. I say top 4 but it's really 6 teams chasing 4 places.

Chelsea need to spend quite a bit as most of their key players are the wrong side of 30. I don't expect Roman to walk away from the club so im sure he will pull out the wonga especially with a new manager at the helm. I really like Villas Boas, time will tell if he is the next Mourinho.

Arsenal have resisted spending big in the past but I think they don't have any choice other than to spend big this summer. They rely on money from CL each season so to potentially go a year without that could be catastrophic for them.

As for City, well as Chelsea showed everyone not too long ago, it is possible to buy success, however Mancini is a shit manager so I don't think they will really become a force until they get someone like Mourinho.

So where does everyone reckon Adel Taarabt is going to end up? Didn't seem all that at Spurs but last season he looked amazing at QPR. I'd be very surprised if he was still with QPR come the start of the season.

I was at Kenilworth Road for that epic FA Cup game. Xabi from inside his own box. Was a great night, Luton stood tall that night.

As far as next season goes, im going to reserve judgment until August, because I know Liverpool have to really start spending. Utd have made some good buys, but those who look to mock our transfer policy should note that for the first time in years Utd were going for the same targets as us. They wanted Henderson and Adam, and we were after Jones and Young. Although I know Utd were tracking Jones for a while, in the end we probably forced them to move a year quicker than they were intending on. I think Utd have done just about enough to stave of demise for another 2/3 years, but that's provided the likes of Young and De Jea settle in. Scholes is out, Giggs can't have too much left in the tank and rat face as f'ked off. Have to say it's great to see that old class of 92' dismantling.

Kenny is trying to get some solidity in place for next season and he is purposely going for an British spine as these players are proven at home. Adam, Henderson, Downing, Carroll - all players who arguably were among the top performers for their clubs last season. I know we haven't got Downing yet but he will come soon. And im fully expecting them to bring in at least 2 or 3 other players. I have faith in Dalglish, he got them playing pass and move last season, almost like the pass and move of old at times. And the stats from last season don't lie either.

* from Jan 22 pts per game: Chelsea 2.06, Man Utd 2.06, LFC 2.00 Everton 1.75, ManCity 1.73, Arsenal 1.56, Spurs 1.56

* Goal differences from Jan 22: LFC +19, Chelsea +17, Man Utd +17, ManCity +9, Everton +8, Arsenal +6, Spurs +3

Put in place owners who are not afraid to spend big and a new stadium and I really think we can at least make a push to get back in the top 4 next season. I'm hoping we get back in there over the next 2 years though. I say top 4 but it's really 6 teams chasing 4 places.

Chelsea need to spend quite a bit as most of their key players are the wrong side of 30. I don't expect Roman to walk away from the club so im sure he will pull out the wonga especially with a new manager at the helm. I really like Villas Boas, time will tell if he is the next Mourinho.

Arsenal have resisted spending big in the past but I think they don't have any choice other than to spend big this summer. They rely on money from CL each season so to potentially go a year without that could be catastrophic for them.

As for City, well as Chelsea showed everyone not too long ago, it is possible to buy success, however Mancini is a shit manager so I don't think they will really become a force until they get someone like Mourinho.

So where does everyone reckon Adel Taarabt is going to end up? Didn't seem all that at Spurs but last season he looked amazing at QPR. I'd be very surprised if he was still with QPR come the start of the season.

Agree KK did get Liverpool playing some great football last season & from January they were top 3 in points & results. :GoldenSmile1:

Agree Man City will need some other manager & Mancini is not top class.

Villas Boas the Toy Boy manager will have to prove him self & he has walked into the Prem England type of Managers job so he has it all to do & as we have seen with the last few managers it is not a easy task.

My mate wants Arsenal to have a shit season & he is a Arsenal fan. He wants Wenger gone & he has said this for over 2 years now. ????? He must have a point.

Man Utd still need a magic creative midfielder & it will be make or break who they get.

Barcelona are the team to beat in Europe & I believe if you finnish above them you will win the Champions League.

No Andy Gray or Richard Keys so it will be new in many ways.

Manchester United need a Central Midfield with playmaker ability, Wesley Sneijder or Samir Nasri please!!

Agree they need that type of player but not sure about Nasri ??????

Man City want him & they are very good at buying second raters IMO.

What out for possible surprise package Norwich, another top young manager, Paul Lambert, back to back promotions, and never lost two games on the trot in those two seasons, he has made 5 signings so far all young hungry players.

Watch out for Anthony Pilkington just signed from Huddersfield, very pacy winger. Next target is Henri Lansbury

Going to be a real challenge, but they will take some top scalps along the way, Chelsea away 3rd game in the first real test.

Yes I am a lifelong fan, and can't wait for the fun to start

Paul Lambert, back to back promotions ?????? IMO a fantastic young manager & another Glasgow boy to join the Prem.

I think Man utd are the best british team ever having just won their 19th title, and i can tell you my thoughts are United will run away with the league, Arsenal falling apart, chelsea are bottlers and we totaly destroyed them home and away last season and i certainly dont expect a new young manager to out fox Sir alex in his first season, liverpools signings make me smile because they seem to be wasting money on average players flat out, and as for Man shitty, if tevez does leave which i believe he will, well thats goodbye to your chances of a top 3 finish! if anyone would like to know how the league finishes its like this.....

1. Manchester United

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Manchester city

5. Liverpool

I think Man utd are the best british team ever having just won their 19th title ??????????????

Come on one more top division title is a bit of a slight split but Liverpool have 2 more top European titles & that is my measurement of the best.

Take it from me if Man Utd had won the European Cup or Champions league several more times under Sir Alex he would be retired now.

Paul Lambert, back to back promotions ?????? IMO a fantastic young manager & another Glasgow boy to join the Prem.

2009/2010 Champions Div 1

2010/2011 Runner's up Championship

2011/2012 ????

I think Man utd are the best british team ever having just won their 19th title ??????????????

Come on one more top division title is a bit of a slight split but Liverpool have 2 more top European titles & that is my measurement of the best.

Take it from me if Man Utd had won the European Cup or Champions league several more times under Sir Alex he would be retired now.

Yea i understand but overhauling that record looked such an impossible task! and come on when was liverpools last title? fa cup even? for anyone the right side of 50 united are simply the best..

Yea i understand but overhauling that record looked such an impossible task! and come on when was liverpools last title? fa cup even? for anyone the right side of 50 united are simply the best..

Well 50 & nifty is all good right. :GoldenSmile1:

Man Utd have been the best British or English team in the last 20 years sure but my memory goes back way longer.

Like King Soloman if I was to make a judgment Liverpool are still on record the best team to come out of the UK.

I love the Beautiful game & my opinion is fair & always balanced but I have some work to do on the King Soloman side. :GoldenSmile1:

As Thai hot said, in many peoples eyes, until they overhaul our 5 European cups, we will always remain on top. Although if Utd were to go on and win another 10 leagues in a row that could be enough to sway peoples minds. Although that's not gonna happen.

As Thai hot said, in many peoples eyes, until they overhaul our 5 European cups, we will always remain on top. Although if Utd were to go on and win another 10 leagues in a row that could be enough to sway peoples minds. Although that's not gonna happen.

Thats a ridiculous statement! first it was league titles an we have overtaken yas without any response in the last 20 years,

bare in mind please liverpool have never won the 'premier league' and instead of getting closer are further away than ever...

22 points last season alone, we have won a real treble also not a shitty eufa cup farce! bottom linne is we are the most

succesful british team ever! FACT!! and i can tell you spending 30million on players worth closer to 3 aint gonna help, and

if you where in for ash young or jones from blackburn why the hell would they sign for a team whos not even a top 5 side?

liverpool are in our shadow now and wont be fit to attract decent players as we have already saw, sold your best to a

supposed rival, but your really nowhere near them either! lets concentrate on the present day and not dwell too much on the

past, we are the champions!! :GoldenSmile1::001_Thank_You5:

... chelsea are bottlers and we totaly destroyed them home and away last season and i certainly dont expect a new young manager to out fox Sir alex in his first season...

1. I'm interested to know on what grounds you consider Chelsea bottlers? As the only team apart from Utd to win The Premiership in the last 7 years (3 times to Utd's 4) and a total trophy haul of 8 to Utd's 7 in the same period, surely they are the last team who deserve the 'bottler' badge pinned to them? Try Arsenal instead.

2. 'We totally destroyed them home and away last season' - Er... No you didn't. Chelsea won the fixture at Stamford Bridge, 2-1

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/47953/chelsea-vs-manchester-united/report

and Man Utd haven't won a Premiership fixture at Stamford Bridge since 2003.

3. 'I don't expect a new manager to out fox Sir Alex in his first season' - You mean the way Jose Mourinho did, finishing 18 (Yes, EIGHTEEN!) points above Fergie in his 1st year.

Apart from all that... Good post, mate! :-)

Thats a ridiculous statement! first it was league titles an we have overtaken yas without any response in the last 20 years,

bare in mind please liverpool have never won the 'premier league' and instead of getting closer are further away than ever...

22 points last season alone, we have won a real treble also not a shitty eufa cup farce! bottom linne is we are the most

succesful british team ever! FACT!! and i can tell you spending 30million on players worth closer to 3 aint gonna help, and

if you where in for ash young or jones from blackburn why the hell would they sign for a team whos not even a top 5 side?

liverpool are in our shadow now and wont be fit to attract decent players as we have already saw, sold your best to a

supposed rival, but your really nowhere near them either! lets concentrate on the present day and not dwell too much on the

past, we are the champions!! :001_Thank_You5:

No it's not a fact. We have won more European cups. So overall it makes us more successfull, and that's a fact!

Dunno about Jones but I got the impression Young want's CL footy now which is understandable. He is 26 so reaching his peak years now. As for Torres well I think selling a player who was a shadow of his former self for 50 mil and getting in 2 potentially top class young strikers in return is great business.

On the flip side you have had how long and yet you still haven't matched our European Record? And don't get me any of that premier league nonsensical talk, the league didn't begin with the birth of Sky you know. What's next, we have only won 4 european cups and a Champions league? Same same

Utd got lucky last season. Chelsea and Arsenal both bottled it, plenty of people were saying that was one of the worst Utd sides ever. You can gloat all you like, and you are entitled to do so at present but we both know Liverpool's owners are not afraid to spend cash, where as you guys are almost a billion squid in debt. There is as much chance of Utd slipping up next season as there is Liverpool climbing back up the table so I wouldn't be so perky if I was in your shoes.

They may not be able to attract the top talent outside England whilst out of Europe but im sure everyone will be well aware of FSG's intentions and their financial muscle. They can however still attract top talent from home which is what they are currently doing.

PS If you want to know how to beat Barca take a look at us a few years back, only British team to beat them in the camp nou in the CL to date. :GoldenSmile1:

Ashley Young who is well rated by the 2 top managers from Glasgowwow that must boost his confidence :GoldenSmile1:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Archived