Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Football season 2011/12.

Thaihot

Yes well done to Spurs.

Harry has done so well on a budget.

If Harry moves to the England job then many players will leave Spurs IMO.

Many teams want Lucka Modric & Gareth Bale & they have tons more money than Spurs.

I do like Harry, West ham really fucked up many years back IMO.

:Wassup1:

• Replies 897
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Yanks call it soccer but this is not the real name of the Beautiful game it is Football & for the record the most watched sport on Planet earth.

Also for the record the Football World cup is bigger than the Olympics.

Also for the record Football is very well watched on the Screens in most beer bars & some clubs also in Pattaya our number one place.

:Think1:

The Aussies call it soccer also.

I actually played soccer when I was a kid for about 4 years BUT for me is like Tennis and Golf....fun to play but completely bat shit boring to watch.

BUT that is just me.........as you say it is the most watched (and probably played) sport...I just don't understand why.

Lucky for everyone that everyone's taste is not the same I say.

Here is a little bit of information I found out about the origins of the name Soccer.

To cut a long story short it seems that the English invented the name Soccer to differentiate it from the other type of "football" popular around this time....Rugby Football.

What Rugby became famous for was a rough-and-tumble version of "football," which, like most other things, had been passed along by the Greeks and Romans. Eventually, the game's rules were standardized, the size of the field and the shape of the ball were established and the sport became known as rugby football, rugger for short.

But many Englishmen did not like the rugby form of football. They favored the earlier, gentler game, in which physical contact was minimized and coordination and cooperation were emphasized. And so, in 1863, an organization was formed to codify the rules for their game. It was called, simply, the Football Association. The game it governed was known as association football (to distinguish it from rugby football); it became abbreviated to "assoc. football" in print and was probably pronounced "soc football."

And, in much the same way that rugby football had become known as rugger, soc football became known as soccer. But, even so, it is popularly called football in Europe and other places where American-style football has been rare; if not unknown. The name "soccer" is used mostly in the U.S. and Canada.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I also love boxing so do you Yanks & Aussie guys have a slang name for that ??????

Yes we all like different sports but there is one real sport here on PA's we all love right. :GoldenSmile1:

I also love boxing so do you Yanks & Aussie guys have a slang name for that ??????

Yes we all like different sports but there is one real sport here on PA's we all love right. :GoldenSmile1:

Nope I think that Boxing is Boxing everywhere but I could be wrong.....

Are you saying Soccer is a slang name....hmmmmm

Ok I am not biting any more....sorry to thread f*ck your football (soccer) discussions....enjoy.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Nope I think that Boxing is Boxing everywhere but I could be wrong.....

Are you saying Soccer is a slang name....hmmmmm

Ok I am not biting any more....sorry to thread f*ck your football (soccer) discussions....enjoy.

No thread fuck mate just some chat, no problem.

Soccer slang yes of course it is fact.

The Beautiful game is Football & thats is its real name.

Real name Master Bate right. Slang from the USA Beat your Meat. LOL.

:SoWhat1:

Steve Bruce sacked as manager of Sunderland. No surprise there i suppose

Just wish my team Blackburn would get rid of Steve Kean and take the clueless owners with him!

United lost to Crystal Palace... Fair play to them and deserved the win.. United had no excuse, Palace first goal was some goal, a 40 yarder I guess.. Liverpool and City also moved on to the semi...

No surprise or shocks in today results with all top teams... City, United, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal have all won.. With Liverpool playing on Monday Night at Craven Cottage with Fulham...

United lost to Crystal Palace... Fair play to them and deserved the win.. United had no excuse, Palace first goal was some goal, a 40 yarder I guess.. Liverpool and City also moved on to the semi...

Liverpool failed to win the most needed points to keep the pace with top six and are15 ponts behind City when they Lost 1-0 to Fulham at Craven Cottage tonight... They can kiss goodbye to the Premiership and hope for the best in League Cup and The FA Cup... It is will be 22 years since they last won the league in 1990..

Liverpool failed to win the most needed points to keep the pace with top six and are15 ponts behind City when they Lost 1-0 to Fulham at Craven Cottage tonight... They can kiss goodbye to the Premiership and hope for the best in League Cup and The FA Cup... It is will be 22 years since they last won the league in 1990..

Liverpool lost tonight to 2 blunders 1 by the keeper and 1 to a Ref.

Liverpool supporters never expected to win the league this year as it is well known to be a building year.

Liverpool lost tonight to 2 blunders 1 by the keeper and 1 to a Ref.

Liverpool supporters never expected to win the league this year as it is well known to be a building year.

They have been telling that every year since 1991...

Chelsea , Bayer Leverkusen, Arsenal, Marseille, Nicoisa, Zenit , Barcelona, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, and Real Madrid had already qualified into the next round, That leaves five available place to fight for tonight.. Two Manchester clubs is fighting for those place with United away and City at home.. Should be interesting to watch... United rather to go on top to avoid Real Madrid or Barcelona but will be difficult because Benifca is expected to win at home, City may have a better chance than United cos Bayyern Munich wont be worried about the loss as they already on top.

Collymore on twitter

Manchester City & Manchester United We at Channel 5 Football are delighted to have you on board. "Thursday Nights,Channel 5" Welcome!

What happens in the Europa Cup, is it a knockout or a league format again ?

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Chelsea , Bayer Leverkusen, Arsenal, Marseille, Nicoisa, Zenit , Barcelona, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, and Real Madrid had already qualified into the next round, That leaves five available place to fight for tonight.. Two Manchester clubs is fighting for those place with United away and City at home.. Should be interesting to watch... United rather to go on top to avoid Real Madrid or Barcelona but will be difficult because Benifca is expected to win at home, City may have a better chance than United cos Bayyern Munich wont be worried about the loss as they already on top.

watch the utd game,they,ve only themselfs to blame to night foe not qualifying had all the play but no cutting edge,asley young over rated for me .that young basle player shaqiri very impressive,destine for a top club next season.chelsea.?

It's straight knockout....which is what it should be all along.

First leg of the round of 32 (clubs) is on Feb 16th.....with the return legs on the 23rd.

Probably won't involve Spurs,as we need a six goal turnaround over PAOK Salonika....

Mind you,Lyon just got a nine goal difference on the night to put out Ajax !

Real Madrid won 0-3 in Amsterdam and the Frenchies got a 1-7 victory at Dinamo Zagreb.

Channel 5 and ITV 4 are set to launch a new Manchester based reality show called 'TOWIE' - The Only Way Is Europa

fYI For anyone who hasn't seen the video yet here it is. He really has become a big baby now.

No, A Two legs knockout now...

United threw the kitchen sink at Basel but not good enough... City won but Napoli won also resullting a Europa place for City... Two Manchester Gaints cant take a piss of each other now... Premiership is now their number one priority .. I,m sick as a pig right now..

No, A Two legs knockout now...

United threw the kitchen sink at Basel but not good enough... City won but Napoli won also resullting a Europa place for City... Two Manchester Gaints cant take a piss of each other now... Premiership is now their number one priority .. I,m sick as a pig right now..

images.jpg

Hope you feel better soon :GoldenSmile1:

images.jpg

Hope you feel better soon :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks alot..... :Puke2: Always look on the the bright side of life...... Like always ,United will be back where they should be... Wait til in may, watch that space.. Nbr 346 :GoldenSmile1:

Spurs lost to Stoke with the help of Chris Foy bad referee decisions, Many many times there were bad decisions that cost the clubs points and the manager's job ,,, Why why on earth do the FIFA, UEFA ,FA and the rest of the countries Football Associations will not follow the example of Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, TV referee.. If they allow that, it will make football more attrctive and fairer...A disgrace from Blatter chief of FIFA for not to use TV referee, . Move on to the other football news, United back on track with 4 goals against Wolves after scoring only 1 per game in the last six matches after Man City 1-6 loss at Old Trafford. Liverpool and Arsenal also won with Newcastle lost against Norwich.. Chelsea playing City tomorrow night, will champion League exit affect City confidence, only tomorrow will tell, if they lost, that will be a sign of the slippery slope.. Every Clubs had to have a bad patch, United ,Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all got em since, so it had to be City turn but when? Should be thrilling and exciting up to May 2012..

We are in for a thrilling premiership after City lost to Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge... I,m sure Spurs, United and Arsenal fans will be delighted with the result that will close the gap and gives themselves a fantastic chance to win the title.. Lampard showed Chelsea that he will not leave quietly if he has to go in January Transfer window when scoring the most important goal that ended City unbeaten run..

United won well at Lotus rd 2-0 with QPR.. They should have scored .. But happy enough to come away with 3 points from London, City, Liverpool and Spurs won also to keep the pace with the Manchester gaints,,With Chelsea only claimed a point with a draw with Wigan, they thought they had three points in the bag til the last minute howler from Chelsea Goalie ... Only two points lead from City, but their previous six tough matches had gone now..

Archived