IGNORED

fun talk with bg thai words and bar slang

adam4444

I usually say Pai Laew (I'm off/I'm going now) which is what I hear most Thais saying when they move on.

I also say bye-bye a lot, it's English of course but in wide usage by Thais.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many ways...

Most common being jer gahn - see you.

jer gahn na, a softer version

jer gahn na crap, a bit more polite, formal.

jer gahn mai, see you (question mark)

jer gahn prung ni - see you tomorrow

jer gahn bee na..... see you next year (a joke)

jer gahn bee na, drong by ... See you next year, in the afternoon, a better joke that the Thai people use.

thankyou very much, this is a nice list to work from.

not sure why u would throw in the afternoon bit? i guess it makes it more obvious that you are joking

I've only heard the expression as "jer gan chaat naa dton baai baai", lit. see you the next life in the afternoon, the Thai equivalent of: when hell freezes over

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

I've only heard the expression as "jer gan chaat naa dton baai baai", lit. see you the next life in the afternoon, the Thai equivalent of: when hell freezes over

not sure why u would throw in the afternoon bit? i guess it makes it more obvious that you are joking

I think so.

The fact that it is a long time away (so not likely to happen) then you pick a time of day,

Whatever....

A few ways to say this....

No problem - mai ben rai

Whatever - arai goo dai

Whatever go away - chang man ter

Whatever (ferk off) - Chang hor man

Whatever (really ferk off) - chang mein  (literally, 'let your mother do'... I was told this by a young teacher, but told by an older teacher NEVER use this)

Strange as Chang is elephant and mein is smell bad, but sometimes putting words together means something different.

Go away - buy guy guy dien  - go away (angry expression)  - literal I was told, go away [foot] foot being a low thing.

Go away, very angry - sorn dien

I can provide the Thai spelling (if anyone is interested), but too lazy today to switch my keyboard to Thai.

Good ones for a new girl in Pattaya who does not speak English... suck - duhd .... lick - leah

Whatever....

A few ways to say this....

No problem - mai ben rai

Whatever - arai goo dai

Whatever go away - chang man ter

Whatever (ferk off) - Chang hor man

Whatever (really ferk off) - chang mein  (literally, 'let your mother do'... I was told this by a young teacher, but told by an older teacher NEVER use this)

Strange as Chang is elephant and mein is smell bad, but sometimes putting words together means something different.

Go away - buy guy guy dien  - go away (angry expression)  - literal I was told, go away [foot] foot being a low thing.

Go away, very angry - sorn dien

I can provide the Thai spelling (if anyone is interested), but too lazy today to switch my keyboard to Thai.

Good ones for a new girl in Pattaya who does not speak English... suck - duhd .... lick - leah

You new chums shouldn't be adding these phrases to your vocab', you may think using offensive terms is funny (and sometimes it is) but Thais can be touchy buggers so why risk having someone go ballistic on you?

Just think how it'd be if you're in a pub back home and there's an Asian dude and he's cracking funnies and laughing and telling you your mum smells like an elephant's cunt - which is the implication when talking about smelly elephants in Thai.

Some nice ones there, but for this, if you mean ช่างแม่ง then it's a different chang and a different mein.

Chang the elephant (ช้าง) has a high tone and a long vowel, this chang (ช่าง) has a falling tone and is pronounced with a short vowel.

Same goes for mein...

And yes, this one can be offensive. Most of the others are ok to use though

When I was in England and someone found out I could speak Thai, usually the first question was, "how do you say fuck off". There is a reason I moved to Thailand. BTW, the only swear words I know in Thai are the ones that I hear my mamasangs use. I would never wish to use them myself. Phil

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

There are odd implications about elephants and females and female elephants in Thai. Mostly it stems from the female elephant having a very large vagina. Back in the days of old Siam the Thais would often provide female elephants for visiting farang dignitaries to ride around on, which was an insult that the farang were totally oblivious to (female elephant = big cunt)

Hee Chang (elephant cunt) is often used by Thai males as a derogatory term for a girl who has a smelly or larger than usual vagina.

Some nice ones there, but for this, if you mean ช่างแม่ง then it's a different chang and a different mein.

Chang the elephant (ช้าง) has a high tone and a long vowel, this chang (ช่าง) has a falling tone and is pronounced with a short vowel.

Same goes for mein...

And yes, this one can be offensive. Most of the others are ok to use though

It is as you say ช่างแม่ง

Not elephant.

As I said initially, I was told, it refers to ones mother.

I  like to know the whole range of things that could be used in a conversation - even if not something I would personally say.

As I said before "I was told this by a young teacher, but told by an older teacher NEVER use this"

You new chums shouldn't be adding these phrases to your vocab'

New chums?

New chums?

Aussie/British term for beginners.

When I was in England and someone found out I could speak Thai, usually the first question was, "how do you say fuck off". There is a reason I moved to Thailand. BTW, the only swear words I know in Thai are the ones that I hear my mamasangs use. I would never wish to use them myself. Phil

I would never tell a Thai to ferk off, I am just interested in the Thai language, and I like to know the full range of an expression, so I can understand when people are talking.

The polite but firm expression I was told to get rid of someone bugging you is - yah yung gap pom die mai crap - semi-literal meaning, you cannot mosquito with me.

Another variant - garuna yah yung gap pom - please do not mosquito with me.

I have only used these a few times, when a regular seller, comes round to the bar and starts tapping me on the shoulder every time to see if they can sell to me. They did not take offense, but they did stop "bugging me".

Another variant - garuna yah yung gap pom - please do not mosquito with me.

ยุง - yung (middle tone) = mosquito

ยุ่ง - yûng (falling tone) = to meddle, bother, bug, etc.

Same same but different :D

Tonight i got bar slang ... "fuck you, never want to see you again" , & i honestly didnt put a foot wrong.<br /><br />Was first night back in Patts for a few months Should be rogering her from all angles right now but my own fault, got caught up probably treating her too good, with genuine affection. <br />

ยุง - yung (middle tone) = mosquito

ยุ่ง - yûng (falling tone) = to meddle, bother, bug, etc.

Same same but different :D

There I go again - well at least the mistakes are getting smaller, first Elephant then Mosquito.  :-)

I was actually told "busy" as in 'do not busy with me'... somehow I jumped to mosquito from there.

Have you got any good phrases for us today Slick67?

There I go again - well at least the mistakes are getting smaller, first Elephant then Mosquito.  :-)

555 เราแค่ติเพื่อก่อนะครับ!!

Have you got any good phrases for us today Slick67?

Sure:

Hai doo ... - Show me your ... (whatever you wanna see)

Ao maa loie - Bring it on!! (you can use it both for fun and when you're ready to fight)

Bpra-dtoo lang - anal, lit. the backdoor

Mai long mai roo - If you don't try you won't know (when she says she's never done anal for instance)

Seu neung taem neung, chai mai? - Buy 1 get 1 free, right? (When 2 girls are trying to double team you)

Mai dai jao-choo, dtae mai roo ja leuak krai - I'm not a butterfly, I just don't know who to choose

Poot ngaai, dtae tam yaak - Easy to say, but hard to do

Some expressions to describe girls:

Bpaak raai, jai dee - Bad mouth, but a good heart

Suai dtae roop, joop mai hom - Goodlooking girl, but bad manners/behaviour, lit. Beautiful body, but the kiss smells bad (not exactly a compliment, usually the "suai dtae roop" part is already enough to get the meaning across)

Naa Neua, Jai Seua - innocent face, but ruthless on the inside, lit. the face of a deer, the heart of a tiger

Slick67,

I am loving these daily quotes, please keep them up..

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Naa Neua, Jai Seua - innocent face, but ruthless on the inside, lit. the face of a deer, the heart of a tiger

amazing that you could say literally face of a deer and they would know that you mean innocent

amazing that you could say literally face of a deer and they would know that you mean innocent

Well, it's not that amazing. Just think of Bambi (from the Disney cartoon) and tell me he doesn't look innocent... :D

Some more words/expressions?

I guess most of you have been to a gogo-bar when in Thailand.  

So you're talking to a girl and just when it gets interesting you hear the DJ in the back say something in Thai and your girl immediately says: ok, I have to go dancing now. 

Have you ever wondered what it is he says?

It sounds something like "safor na kap", or sometimes "sabienfor na kap".

Took me a while to figure it out, but what he says is "sap floor" or "sap bplian floor", meaning: change the shift on the (dance)floor. The "na kap" is just to be polite, as I'm sure you know :D

Another funny expression with "sap" I learned from a girl I know who had several sponsors coming into town at about the same time. 

I asked her how she was gonna handle that and she replied "dtong sap raang rot fai".

Literally it means: I have to change/switch the railroadtracks (so oncoming trains won't collide), but the slang meaning is she has to arrange her time to make sure her lovers won't meet.

I guess she's "naa neua jai seua" :D , but once girls like that realize you're not a "gai oon" (rookie, newb) anymore and you're not going to be their "bpaa" (sugardaddy, sponsor), they're often the most fun girls to be around.

(if someone is looking for the right words written in Thai, just let me know)

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know a reliable thai-english translator?

i have facebook friends who type in thai and my fb convertor comes up with the most random shit

does anyone know a reliable thai-english translator?

i have facebook friends who type in thai and my fb convertor comes up with the most random shit

This one is supposed to be good.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thai2english.com%2F&ei=ZS-SUfiWMtSeiQea0oGABw&usg=AFQjCNFjdmAaGxdKroEFTjQUdRMGbHCG_A&bvm=bv.46471029,d.aGc

• 2 weeks later...

is it - krai jai wah =who have to pay ?  is this right and are there more ways to say this ? 

is it - krai tai wah = who die ? is this right and are there more ways to say this ? 

im not sure if these are issan or thai sayings all i know is i had a sore head the next day hangover 

from a drinking session with the ladys on soi skaw beach . 

555 เราแค่ติเพื่อก่อนะครับ!!

I used ไม่มีปัญหา มีแต่ตัณหา

sent it as an sms to my lady friend... she called me คนบ้าตัณหา

I guess she is right.

how do you say - i will pay you tomorrow 

or another way of saying that, is there a funny way of saying it etc

Archived