Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

fun talk with bg thai words and bar slang

adam4444

i like to have a laugh with the tg in the bars etc when i know there ok with it that is - i only know a few words mostly bar slang and would like to know more are the ones im saying just now right . if you know some words for having a laugh funny or rude that i could use and other bm could use that would be great im a lonewolf mostly when out here so i like to have a crack with the tg while playing pool , bargames , drinking etc. here are some words i hope im saying them right .

1. ba ba bo bo - crazy 2. key gong - cheeky 3. yack do mai - do you want to see it ? 4. pom oche hack-i have broken heart 5.jai dam-black heart 6. gloohaa - afraid 7.krung wai jai-stone heart 8. fang gon-listen(fart) 9. darkling-monkey ass 10. khun ten keng-your a good dancer 11. chalaat-clever/smart 12. na dan - grippy(cheeky) 13. sin sot-dowry 14. thong mun - gift of gold engagment 15. mordoo - fortune teller 16. ching chong - take a piss 17. torng seea-diahreea 18. chuang nii groop mack- im totally broke 19. nin tah-gossip(bush telegraph) 20. na yai - playboy .

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like to have a laugh with the tg in the bars etc when i know there ok with it that is - i only know a few words mostly bar slang and would like to know more are the ones im saying just now right . if you know some words for having a laugh funny or rude that i could use and other bm could use that would be great im a lonewolf mostly when out here so i like to have a crack with the tg while playing pool , bargames , drinking etc. here are some words i hope im saying them right .

1. ba ba bo bo - crazy 2. key gong - cheeky 3. yack do mai - do you want to see it ? 4. pom oche hack-i have broken heart 5.jai dam-black heart 6. gloohaa - afraid 7.krung wai jai-stone heart 8. fang gon-listen(fart) 9. darkling-monkey ass 10. khun ten keng-your a good dancer 11. chalaat-clever/smart 12. na dan - grippy(cheeky) 13. sin sot-dowry 14. thong mun - gift of gold engagment 15. mordoo - fortune teller 16. ching chong - take a piss 17. torng seea-diahreea 18. chuang nii groop mack- im totally broke 19. nin tah-gossip(bush telegraph) 20. na yai - playboy .

Ba = crazy (pu ying ba = crazy lady)

key gong = Cheat (ta lung = cheeky) be careful using key gong.

Jai dam = black heart - a very strong thing to say, take care.

Dak ling = monkey bum, quite funny, na ling = monkey face. Funny coz they sound like Darling.

ching chong = take a piss (buy ching chong = go for a piss)

Another good phrase is 'ting tong' which can be used in a light hearted way to say 'crazy'.

Ok, some more that you'll hear or can use in a bar then. Use some common sense with the rude ones:

Laai Jai/Jao Choo - Butterfly

Dtop Salop Salaai - I'll give you a smack around the ears

Som Naam Naa - You deserve it

Kor Haeng Mai? - Do you have a dry throat? (when they're asking for a drink)

Ham Lek - Small dick

Nom Yai - Big tits

Laa-mok - Ta-leung x10 ;)

Bpom Bpui - Chubby

Chaang Naam - Someone who's really fat (lit. a hippo)

Paa Yen - The small cold towel they use in beerbars to clean you up

Hoop Bpaak/ Sao Wao (Isan) - Shut up!

Jing Lor? - Really?

Go Hok/ Kee Dtua (Isan) - To lie, liar

Dtoh Lae - Bullshitter

Bpaak Waan - Flatterer

Lor Len - Just kidding

Kae Doo - Only looking

Mai Mee Dtang - I don't have any money

Farang Lom La-laai - I'm bankrupt

Mao Kaang - To have a hangover

Bpai Ying Gra-dtaai - To go take a piss (for men, lit. go shoot a rabbit)

Bpai Gep Dok Mai - To go take a piss (for women, lit. go pick flowers)

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

A couple that I find are good for laughs 'Soot taa mai sot' = ' Single but not fresh' (In response to 'Are you single?).

"Khun pen khon thee mai mee bun leey, chart naa ja kert pen malaang saap" = "You are a person with no merit whatsoever, in the next life you will be reborn as a cockroach". Just use it to tease a girl that you you already have a rapport with when she does something cheeky. It plays on their Buddhist beliefs in merit gained in this life deciding your status in the next.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

1. Araj-What 2.Hu-pack -shut up. 3.Tyng tong - madman 4.vaj faj - open-mouthed sex.5. nýtnoi - little bit.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Kor Haeng Mai? - Do you have a dry throat? (when they're asking for a drink)

Some nice ones there slick, I do like the dry throat one.

We play hide the sausage? - Son ha sigh gorh

You come eat my sausage tonight? - Kun don gahn gin sigh gorh kuni

LOL, that reminds me of this girl that was playing that game with me, but instead of "sai grok" she called it "hot dog"

Then she asked me in Thai if I knew what that meant, and I was like "Well, yeah, it's an English word!"

That puzzled look on her face, priceless!

So I explained to her: hot = ron, dog = maa

Then the penny dropped and she started to giggle and continued her activities. She was very good at playing that game I must say :-)

So I guess you could say "Son Haa Hot Dog" as well!

• 2 weeks later...

well hopefully back in pattaya in less than a week any more thai words - bar slang for having a laugh would be great - what does jai sat mean ?

Careful using "som nam nah" some dont care other take great offense.

As I've found out the hard way!

Member since Dec 06.

well hopefully back in pattaya in less than a week any more thai words - bar slang for having a laugh would be great - what does jai sat mean ?

Jai sea, is broken heart.

Probably close enough when you hear it said.

There are so many words for which jai= heart is a prefix. 'Sat' means animal or beast (very negative when used in reference to people) so it could mean beastly heart or animal heart but I must admit that I've never heard that term used before.

Wow mate Thanks for this link!

It's awesome. I have been learning Thai (slowly) for about 1 year now.

This website will be very very useful!

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Careful using "som nam nah" some dont care other take great offense.

As I've found out the hard way!

Very true and usually the guilty ones take offence. Remember Thai Buddhism is all about making merit to get a good return so 'serves you right' can tap the religious funny bone!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Just thought, I hope that it isn't 'ai sat' without the 'j'. Which is a very insulting way of calling somebody an animal. Definitely outside of the fun theme to this thread.

Laa-mok - Ta-leung x10 ;)

Fun reading but what does this words mean, please explain

I'm trying hard to learn some thai but it's not easy..

Fun reading but what does this words mean, please explain

I'm trying hard to learn some thai but it's not easy..

Laamok means filthy or lewd. Thalung means bold or sassy.

'Sat' means animal or beast (very negative when used in reference to people) so it could mean beastly heart or animal heart but I must admit that I've never heard that term used before.

ah ha, not heard it myself also.

OK, Heart of an animal.

Thalung means bold or sassy.

My understanding is Thalung = cheeky.

Maybe you can enlighten me?

ah ha, not heard it myself also.

OK, Heart of an animal.

My understanding is Thalung = cheeky.

Maybe you can enlighten me?

Well yes, cheeky, in a bold or sassy way or sassy in a cheeky way or...... same meaning really, or you could use naughty in that context as well. Remember that many Thai words don't have an exact equivalent in English and vice versa so you could translate as several different English words or combinations of. Here's a dictionary link that goes into more detail about Thalung

Yep, Ta-leung is a bit naughty, flirting, teasing, like the girls in this clip:

Now if she would have pulled down his pants and taken it a couple of steps further that would be Laa-mok. Just think of what goes on in the bathtubs in gogo bars like Babydolls and Windmill and you get the picture.

Had most of these slung my way

la mok

taalung

ai sat

kee nok

kee nieow

mun

kee bon

+ many more i've forgotten

Member since Dec 06.

I'm definitively no expert on the language , I write words i hear down phonetically so if I have the spelling incorrect sorry.

Please feel free to correct me where I may be wrong

pom = I / me (man)

chan = I/me (female)

cow = him

lon = her

dop salop salai = slap ( I was told this is not a nice way to say)

dop doy = boxing

dop = hit/smack

go hok = lie ( preferable than doe lae = bullshit)

doo dee = good looking

poo ying = lady

lek = small

dee = nice

suay = beautiful

ling = monkey

ting tong = crazy

ba = mad

ba lerr = not mad

mak mak = a lot

mau = drunk

see = colour

deng = red

dum = black

mai shy = no

mai dee kit = nothing

mai loo = don't know

jing = sure

joob = kiss

Well yes, cheeky, in a bold or sassy way or sassy in a cheeky way or...... same meaning really, or you could use naughty in that context as well. Remember that many Thai words don't have an exact equivalent in English and vice versa so you could translate as several different English words or combinations of. Here's a dictionary link that goes into more detail about Thalung

Thanks

Archived