Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

fun talk with bg thai words and bar slang

adam4444

so if mak mak means very very...

i learnt from a girl to say very hot = lawn mak maa. which i assume lawn is hot.  some of the girls say lawn maa and leave out the mak.

so this confuses me. any help pls?

I guess she really say lawn mak but just her particular pronunciation sounds different. Sometimes to our ears even the basic words sound like something else. Just like with English speakers you have people who speak rough or are poorly educated and have bad pronunciation, plus there are regional accents which further confuses matters. 

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some were saying "sao (sow) wow" to each other when I was there. They said it was Isaan for "shut-up" or "shut your mouth".

Anyone confirm?

so if mak mak means very very... it probably translates better as "a lot";  more than very 

i learnt from a girl to say very hot = lawn mak maa. which i assume lawn (lon) is hot.  some of the girls say lawn maa and leave out the mak.

so this confuses me. any help pls?

I'm not sure about the "maa" as that could have a few meanings; someone who speaks better Thai will know for sure. 

Some were saying "sao (sow) wow" to each other when I was there. They said it was Isaan for "shut-up" or "shut your mouth".

Anyone confirm?

Are you sure she never said "bao" as that is the word for quiet or silent.

"Sao" is Isan for "stop"

"Wao" is Isan for "talk"

So sao wao is stop talking, or shut up

ขออภัยในความไม่สะดวก กูเกิลทรานสเลทไม่สามารถแปลข้อมูลนี้ได้ 

Are you sure she never said "bao" as that is the word for quiet or silent.

when u type bao are you pronouncing that as to 'bow before the queen' or phonetically?

I was given a nickname for a girl as bowbow or bao bao and i was told it meant dancer..?

when u type bao are you pronouncing that as to 'bow before the queen' or phonetically?

I was given a nickname for a girl as bowbow or bao bao and i was told it meant dancer..?

It might be issarn  but in the dictionary's I have, dancer does not have bao or bow as a phonetic translation, but I am only a beginner so someone who is more fluent might be able to guide you better then me?

Hi all there was a page on here somewhere

From the same guy who did the bar hopping

Map with really useful fun Thai words

Mainly for bar girl chat... Anyone know we're

I can get a copy l lost the last one I printed

Off but had a lot of fun with it last trip

Thanks in advanced

you were given the nickname bowbow? that's probably เบาๆ which means soft.

...no idea why she was reffering to as that :)

TGF tells me that in Issan bowbow normally means speak softly or whisper.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Right bao-bao or bow-bow means to quieten down, speak softly, slow down, Thais will say it if you making too much noise, or driving too fast, or even bonking a girl too hard...lol  

AFAIK it's not just isan I heard Thais say it all over the country, down south, in BKK, it's central Thai language AFAIK.

I have just re-read this thread, very amusing.

I particularly liked - "there's no problem, I'm just horny", from slick  - I will be using that one :-)

It used to annoy me when people talked about money... It is common for Thai people, especially when visiting relatives to inquire how much you earn a month or how much money you have. It seems to be OK for them to directly ask, even though they have just met you. Also some bar girls will ask this.

The useful answer to this being:

พอกิน พอใข้  por gin, por chai   - enough to eat, enough to spend.

This avoids the question in a polite way.

mai mee tang or mai mee satang - is saying you have no money, but some see this as, you are a down and out, and I have been advised not to use this.

mee tang nit noi or mee satang nit noi - is saying you have a little bit of money, which is far better, but not going to win you any awards - unless joking with a bar girl over price of entertainment for the night.

Up to you - is used a lot by the bar girls, so try turning it around and say it to them in Thai - แล้วแต่คุณ  lewl dair kun - up to you.

A favorite of mine when a girl mucks up your drinks order, to be said with a smile is...

ไม่ใช่วิทยาศาสตร์  - mai chai whit tai yah sat  - It is not rocket science (literal translation being, it is not applied science)

Yeah the personal questions - how much money you have - how many kids you have - on and on and on, answer one question and they ask another. I'll tell Thais right up I not got money... mai mee ngern...pom khon jon mark (I'm dirt poor) It's all just fun, I usually say such things when I'm sitting in a bar well dressed, smelling of an expensive after shave and buying drinks, so they already worked out I'm not dirt poor. But it puts an end to the money questions.

"Up to you" gets on my nerves - I fucking asked you dear because I'm interested in your fucking opinion - LOL.

I believe "up to you" really means "I couldn't give a shit where we go or what we eat for dinner"...LOL

Yeah the personal questions - how much money you have - how many kids you have - on and on and on, answer one question and they ask another. I'll tell Thais right up I not got money... mai mee ngern...pom khon jon mark (I'm dirt poor) It's all just fun, I usually say such things when I'm sitting in a bar well dressed, smelling of an expensive after shave and buying drinks, so they already worked out I'm not dirt poor. But it puts an end to the money questions.

"Up to you" gets on my nerves - I fucking asked you dear because I'm interested in your fucking opinion - LOL.

I believe "up to you" really means "I couldn't give a shit where we go or what we eat for dinner"...LOL

"Up to you" comment could be easily dealt with by saying "okay, bend over the bed because I am going to fuck you up the arse!"  See if you now get a better response - it has to be a win for you whatever the answer   :GoldenSmile1:

I thought 'up to you' meant, I do not give a shite, as long as you pay me.

That's it...lol

"Up to you" comment could be easily dealt with by saying "okay, bend over the bed because I am going to fuck you up the arse!"  See if you now get a better response - it has to be a win for you whatever the answer   :GoldenSmile1:

Good point. I'll remember that and try it out soon... :ThumbUp6:

i am interested to learn how to say a pleasant 'goodbye' in thai.

all of the girls understand byebye but i have had a few of them remark that byebye seems more permanent to them like your not coming back.

perhaps something along the lines of 'nice to meet you' or 'see you later'.. whats common practice for thais to say?

thanks for any help!

all of the girls understand byebye but i have had a few of them remark that byebye seems more permanent to them like your not coming back.

perhaps something along the lines of 'nice to meet you' or 'see you later'.. whats common practice for thais to say?

thanks for any help!

See you later = diew jer gan na krap

Nice to meet you = yin dee tee dai roo jak krap

A jokey way to say goodbye would be to say ca-ni-la, which is how a Thai would politely end a phone conversation. Of course, you're not on the phone, but it shows that you have a grasp of the language and a sense of humour. Another way would be to say meuu unn, which is Issan for tomorrow, like saying, ok,tomorrowz or something. I hear the girls say it to each other a lot. The pronunciation of that is quite hard. Phil

See you at Le Pub, soi Diamond.

Le Pub Facebook Page

Le Pub YouTube Channel

Only do blow job My pussy broken 555

thanks for any help!

Many ways...

Most common being jer gahn - see you.

jer gahn na, a softer version

jer gahn na crap, a bit more polite, formal.

jer gahn mai, see you (question mark)

jer gahn prung ni - see you tomorrow

jer gahn bee na..... see you next year (a joke)

jer gahn bee na, drong by ... See you next year, in the afternoon, a better joke that the Thai people use.

Archived