Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

Yesterday's game was by all accounts a poor game

Its strange how this year Everton have been great at home(won all 8 league games and have scored lots of goals) but away from home they've been a very different team

Well, I really hope they're poor again in 2 weeks when they come to the Liberty. :P

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 23/04/2017 at 10:48 AM, davidge said:

Well, I really hope they're poor again in 2 weeks when they come to the Liberty. :P

In 2 weeks time I hope to see an improvment in our away form lol

A few years ago I remember reading an article about womans football.  And I remember reading the article saying that in the early 20's the FA band womans football from English league grounds because they were worried that womans football could become more popular that mens football.  And this was partly due to a womans game played at Goodison Park which attracted a big crowd.  So I went on the web and found this article and in it it mentions a game played at Goodison Park which attracted a crowd of 53,000 which is still the record attendance for a womans game in this country

http://www.thefa.com/womens-girls-football/history

4 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

A few years ago I remember reading an article about womans football.  And I remember reading the article saying that in the early 20's the FA band womans football from English league grounds because they were worried that womans football could become more popular that mens football.  And this was partly due to a womans game played at Goodison Park which attracted a big crowd.  So I went on the web and found this article and in it it mentions a game played at Goodison Park which attracted a crowd of 53,000 which is still the record attendance for a womans game in this country

http://www.thefa.com/womens-girls-football/history

About the only thing I agreed with Blatter about:

If the women wore much smaller & tighter kit then I 'might' watch it.

Tomorrow we are home to Chelsea and I am looking forward to the game

It will be a tough game but here's hoping for an Everton win

Dis-appointing day today

Going the pub now to drown my sorrows

Last Saturday Everton were at Swansea and we got beat 1 - 0

Watched the game on BT Sport

A bit disappointed with the way Everton played but I suppose its an end of season game and we wont finish below 7th and unlikely to finish higher than 7th

It was good to see young Jonjoe Kenny given a run out towards the end of the game.  He looked good even though he was only on a for a few minutes

Jonjoe is captain of our reserve team who are champions of the reserve league beating the likes of Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal

This weekend Everton are at home to Watford and it's be re-arranged for Friday night :Hair_Out1: 

I do not like Friday night games as Friday nights are for going the pub.

I live in Ellesmere Port which is about 20 miles from Liverpool

On Friday night the match kicks of at 7:45pm and will finish at around 9:30pm

And as the game is Everton's last home game of the season the players will do a lap of honour at the end of the match.  And me and my mate Nick normally stay's for the lap of honour but we wont be staying for the lap of honour on Friday night.  Instead when the final whistle goes we will leave the ground straight away and go straight back to our car so that we can get back to Ellesmere Port asap.  So that we can have a couple of pints before last orders

I went the game last night.

Not the greatest of match's but at least we won

As it was the last home game of the season the everton players went on a lap of honour after the match had finished

BUT as the match didnt finish til 9:38pm I left as soon as the final whistle blew so that I could get to the pub for a few beers.

Well tomorrow Eveton play there last match of the season away to Arsenal.  And we have sold out our full allocation of away tickets for the match.

So hopefully Everton will put on a good performance for the fans who have followed them away in big numbers all season

Just looking at some football statistics and I see that the team that Everton are playing tomorrow Arsenal have this season become the 4th team to reach 100 or more season's in top flight football

Out top is Everton with 114 seasons of top flight football

Second is Aston Villa with 105 seasons of top flight football

Third is Liverpool with 102 seasons of top flight football

And fouth is Arsenal with 100 seasons of top flight football

Yesterday was very disappointing

Arsenal scored early and then had a player sent of in the 14th minute.  And we still lost.  With Arsenal down to 10 men for 76 minutes we should have at the very least got a draw

• 2 weeks later...

England U20 team have reached the Q/Finals of the U20 World Cup by beating Costa Rica 2 - 1

Everton's Ademola Lookman scored both goals

Everton's Jonjoe Kenny provided the cross for Lookmans first goal

And

Everton's Dominic Calvert-Lewin provided the pass for Lookmans second goal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40109029

Last week it was reported that Everton had sold all there season tickets for next season.  

Scousers have always been suckers for punishment

:hello09: 

Edited by davidge

26 minutes ago, davidge said:

Scousers have always been suckers for punishment

:hello09: 

I'd like to think they've got good taste lol

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Everton have a very interesting start to the season

12/08 Home to Stoke City

19/08 Away to Man City

26/08 Away to Chelsea

09/09 Home to Spurs

16/09 Away to Man Utd

A very tough start

And I see the first Merseyside Derby is away at Anfield on Saturday 9th December.  This takes place two days after I arrive in Pattaya for Christmas & New Year.  I hope it stays a 15:00 kick off because that'll mean I will be watching the game at 22:00 in Pattaya

Today Everton signed Jordon Pickford from Sunderland for a club record £30m.  The 23 year old has intially been signed for £25m and could rise to £30m depending on apperances

skysports-jordan-pickford-everton-premier-league-contract_3979081.jpg

He's likely to be nearly as busy next season as he was with Sunderland 

:GoldenSmile1:

1 hour ago, davidge said:

He's likely to be nearly as busy next season as he was with Sunderland 

:GoldenSmile1:

davidge I don't know why because he will be playing for Everton not Swansea :P:D

Edited by blue1878

18 minutes ago, blue1878 said:

davidge I don't know why because he will be playing for Everton not Swansea :P:D

Unless you spend money on a defender or two, he'll be plenty busy.

Admittedly, not as busy as Fabianski. :rolleyes: