IGNORED

Everton Thread

blue1878

My only complaint was that traffic cone geezer in midfield: GBarry. Serious koeman fuckup. Positively Kloppian (see Sakho playing for CP)

He was brought to Everton by our previous manager Martinez.  And I would say that he has been a fairly good buy for us.  In the summer Koeman will bring in new players and if Barry is still with us for next season I think he will become more of a squad player than a regular in the first team

This afternoon Everton play West Bromwich Albion at Goodison Park.  And as usual I will be watching the game in my usual seat in the Park End.

Here's hoping for a Everton win

Good win for Everton yesterday.  It put a bit of distance between Everton(7th) and West Brom(8th)

Last night Everton's U23 won 3 - 2 at Derby County to go 5 points clear at the top of the English Premier league 2

Everton are 5 points ahead of 2nd placed Manchester City 11 points ahead of 3rd placed Liverpool and 15 points ahead of 4th places Arsenal

With only 3 games left Everton's u23 have a very good chance of winning the league

Romelu Lukaku has shocked Everton by turning down the most lucrative contract offer in the club's history.

Everton were confident up until the last 48 hours that the 23-year-old Belgian striker would sign a new five-year deal believed to be worth around £140,000-a-week.

Lukaku's agent, Mino Raiola, even went public on negotiations claiming his client was "99.9%" certain to extend his stay at Goodison Park.

It has now emerged, however, that Lukaku has informed Everton he currently has no Desire to extend a contract which still has two years to run.

Lukaku has made no secret of his Desire to play in the Champions League and has been linked with a return to former club Chelsea, from whom he joined Everton for £28m in 2014.

Everton may still hope to persuade Lukaku to stay, but if not will demand a few in excess of £60m for the striker who has scored 19 goals this season.

Looks like he'll be gone at the end of the season!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

The Everton supporting mayor of Liverpool is offering to host the 2022 Commonwealth Games and perhaps obtain a free new stadium for his favourite football team. 

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Romelu Lukaku has shocked Everton by turning down the most lucrative contract offer in the club's history.

Everton were confident up until the last 48 hours that the 23-year-old Belgian striker would sign a new five-year deal believed to be worth around £140,000-a-week.

Lukaku's agent, Mino Raiola, even went public on negotiations claiming his client was "99.9%" certain to extend his stay at Goodison Park.

It has now emerged, however, that Lukaku has informed Everton he currently has no desire to extend a contract which still has two years to run.

Lukaku has made no secret of his desire to play in the Champions League and has been linked with a return to former club Chelsea, from whom he joined Everton for £28m in 2014.

Everton may still hope to persuade Lukaku to stay, but if not will demand a few in excess of £60m for the striker who has scored 19 goals this season.

We will see what happens in the summer but if he does go then we will put the money we get for him to good use.

Onwards and upwards

21 hours ago, davidge said:

It has now emerged, however, that Lukaku has informed Everton he currently has no desire to extend a contract which still has two years to run.

Lukaku has made no secret of his desire to play in the Champions League and has been linked with a return to former club Chelsea, from whom he joined Everton for £28m in 2014.

Although we admire them for footballing reasons, the above is a reason why i have no respect for some of them in any other way,greedy greedy bastards,and before anyone says `well it can be a short career,if it was you blah blah blah`...yes i know i`ve heard it all before,but the fact is they`re still  money mad greedy cunts!

Edited by vimto66

19 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Although we admire them for footballing reasons, the above is a reason why i have no respect for some of them in any other way,greedy greedy bastards,and before anyone says `well it can be a short career,if it was you blah blah blah`...yes i know i`ve heard it all before,but the fact is they`re still  money mad greedy cunts!

I love football but I think it's gone crazy money wise

I think players should get paid well but the amount of money they are getting paid nowadays is crazy money.  How many years does a factory worker have to work before he gets the amount of money the top stars get paid for one weeks work.

Lukaku says he wants to play in the champoins league which is why he might be leaving Everton at the end of the season.  I say might because we have to wait till the season ends before we find out if he does go or not

At the moment if Everton stay 7th then they are fairly centain of qualifing for next season's Europa league.  So if Lukaku stays at Everton he will be playing in Europe next season. And if money is made available to our manager (as promised) hopefully we can attract some top players to Everton for next season.  And next season we can hopefully challenge for a top 4 place and get into 2018/19 champions league.  

I know its all if's buts and maybe's but quietly behind the scenes there seems to be a lot going on at Everton at the moment.

And before the end of this month we should find out if we are going to build a new stadium on the side of the mersey.  New stadium increased capacity equals increased revenue

I`ve been a football man all my life too and unfortunately football lost its marbles moneywise long ago,I think my wording was a bit strong but my sentiments remain the same,not much we can do about it though.

Not entirely up to date on the stadium issue, but could you be benefiting from the commonwealth games?

10 hours ago, vimto66 said:

I`ve been a football man all my life too and unfortunately football lost its marbles moneywise long ago,I think my wording was a bit strong but my sentiments remain the same,not much we can do about it though.

Not entirely up to date on the stadium issue, but could you be benefiting from the commonwealth games?

I think the commonwealth games could be a factor.  A lot is going on behind the scenes at the moment.  The Liverpool council have applied for Liverpool to host the 2026 games and this week Durban have said that they cannot host the 2022 games.  And Liverpool have said that would like to be considered as Durbans replacement.  So the commenwealth games is so we believe is one reason why we might get the waterfront location BUT Everton still have to sort out funding to pay for the new stadium and an announcement could be made this month

13 hours ago, vimto66 said:

I think the commonwealth games could be a factor.  A lot is going on behind the scenes at the moment.  The Liverpool council have applied for Liverpool to host the 2026 games and this week Durban have said that they cannot host the 2022 games.  And Liverpool have said that would like to be considered as Durbans replacement.  So the commenwealth games is so we believe is one reason why we might get the waterfront location BUT Everton still have to sort out funding to pay for the new stadium and an announcement could be made this month

Man city benefited from the commonwealth games - good for everton if they can do the same too.

Hard to replace a 19 goal scorer. Interesting to see how that develops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Man city benefited from the commonwealth games - good for everton if they can do the same too.

Hard to replace a 19 goal scorer. Interesting to see how that develops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The difference will be that Everton will be buying there own ground.  And IF Liverpool get the commonwealth games they could use Everton's new ground

The stadium in Manchester was built for the commonwealth games and Manchester City moved in later

Just seen this interesting read from www.nsno.co.uk

For years now, a lot of Liverpool fans have loved nothing more than to call Evertonians bitter, but since the early rumours that Everton would be moving to Bramley Moore Docks, those same fans have taken bitterness to a whole new level.

From hilarious radio phone-in’s where callers pledging their support to Liverpool claim that the docks “need to be left alone so the Welsh can get the ferry and go to TJ Hughes” or “they could put a ferry on to Blackpool that would be popular” to countless Twitter accounts screaming blue murder about Everton’s new stadium.

Most seem to miss the point that Everton have a billionaire owner these days and claim that Liverpool City Council – a council that many will never have paid council tax to – will be footing the bill.

Almost all seem to miss the point that while their club purposely ran down the area surrounding the Anfield stadium in order to make their plans for a new Big Stand, Everton are preparing to regenerate not one but two areas of the city by first investing in an area so completely devoid of any kind of use, and then by regenerating the area around Goodison Park once the move is complete.

But let’s be honest, none of the above are anywhere near the real reason for the irksome neighbours to be irate.

No, the real reason is that “plucky little Everton” are planning something they can’t have.

In order to get planning permission for their failed attempt to build on Stanley Park, Liverpool Football Club discounted every other potential site put to them by the council – including several dockside sites – out of hand.  They were only interested in getting permission to take land away from the people of the city and build on that instead.

“Plucky little Everton” are planning to put themselves at the heart of one of the most iconic waterfront scenes in the world.

“Plucky little Everton” are about to unveil plans for a stadium that will prove once again that the Blue side of Merseyside are the football pioneers.  From building Anfield to leaving for Goodison Park, Everton have always been the ones making sure that Merseyside has a truly world class football stadium.  Bramley Moore Dock will continue that theme, leaving the red side of the city to look on in envy from the wrong side of Mere Lane.

Their envy and bile has nothing to do with the lies they are spouting about the city’s Mayor – why would the majority of Liverpool fans care if an area of the city they never visit is being regenerated anyway?  It is purely down to jealousy and fear.

To borrow a phrase from the early naughties when Chelsea were buying the Premier League title – “Everyone hates Chelsea because they’re ruining football, except Liverpool, they hate them because they’re jealous.”

The following two tabs change content below.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Just seen this interesting read from www.nsno.co.uk

For years now, a lot of Liverpool fans have loved nothing more than to call Evertonians bitter, but since the early rumours that Everton would be moving to Bramley Moore Docks, those same fans have taken bitterness to a whole new level.

From hilarious radio phone-in’s where callers pledging their support to Liverpool claim that the docks “need to be left alone so the Welsh can get the ferry and go to TJ Hughes” or “they could put a ferry on to Blackpool that would be popular” to countless Twitter accounts screaming blue murder about Everton’s new stadium.

Most seem to miss the point that Everton have a billionaire owner these days and claim that Liverpool City Council – a council that many will never have paid council tax to – will be footing the bill.

Almost all seem to miss the point that while their club purposely ran down the area surrounding the Anfield stadium in order to make their plans for a new Big Stand, Everton are preparing to regenerate not one but two areas of the city by first investing in an area so completely devoid of any kind of use, and then by regenerating the area around Goodison Park once the move is complete.

But let’s be honest, none of the above are anywhere near the real reason for the irksome neighbours to be irate.

No, the real reason is that “plucky little Everton” are planning something they can’t have.

In order to get planning permission for their failed attempt to build on Stanley Park, Liverpool Football Club discounted every other potential site put to them by the council – including several dockside sites – out of hand.  They were only interested in getting permission to take land away from the people of the city and build on that instead.

“Plucky little Everton” are planning to put themselves at the heart of one of the most iconic waterfront scenes in the world.

“Plucky little Everton” are about to unveil plans for a stadium that will prove once again that the Blue side of Merseyside are the football pioneers.  From building Anfield to leaving for Goodison Park, Everton have always been the ones making sure that Merseyside has a truly world class football stadium.  Bramley Moore Dock will continue that theme, leaving the red side of the city to look on in envy from the wrong side of Mere Lane.

Their envy and bile has nothing to do with the lies they are spouting about the city’s Mayor – why would the majority of Liverpool fans care if an area of the city they never visit is being regenerated anyway?  It is purely down to jealousy and fear.

To borrow a phrase from the early naughties when Chelsea were buying the Premier League title – “Everyone hates Chelsea because they’re ruining football, except Liverpool, they hate them because they’re jealous.”

The following two tabs change content below.

100% right mate, the gobshites are the best fans in the world when they are winning but if any other club starts doing well they get extremely jealous especially if other teams do well in europe.

No surprise here if Lukaku want to play the Champion's League and leave Everton, unfortunately.

I always found Everton supporters to be better blokes in Pattaya than LFC or MU fellas, i met some amazing guys at the pool of my hotels who support the Toffees, they love their club so much.

The people's club !

• Like 2

Last night Seamus Coleman sadly broke is leg whilst playing for Ireland

Seamus is a nice guy and I wish him a speedy recovery

7 hours ago, blue1878 said:

Last night Seamus Coleman sadly broke is leg whilst playing for Ireland

Seamus is a nice guy and I wish him a speedy recovery

Disgusting tackle............should serve a long ban :unsure:

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Disgusting tackle............should serve a long ban :unsure:

Coleman will be out of football for a long time

The player who broke is leg will I guess only be banned for 3 games