IGNORED

Getting elevated to Advanced Member status

Braveheart

is there anyway that I can get elevated without getting to 50 posts ;)

Let you know after you post another 45 threads rolleyes.gif

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let you know after you post another 45 threads rolleyes.gif

I'm confused, is this the area to ask for elevated status or is it the linked thread? I've made over 50 informative and substantial posts, reviews, pics and some more pics to share in the **elite** section. Looking forward to seeing what's on the other side lol. Cheers guys

:001_Thank_You5::P

Please can i get elevated to the next level......Please

:Bow::P

• 2 weeks later...

how does this elvation actually work? I see a lot of ppl with more than 100 posts asking to be elevated to advanced membership. Isn't the advanced membership automatically granted? who looks into this and elevates? I don't want to end up posting 50+ and asking to be elevated only to be disappointed ....

how does this elvation actually work? I see a lot of ppl with more than 100 posts asking to be elevated to advanced membership. Isn't the advanced membership automatically granted? who looks into this and elevates? I don't want to end up posting 50+ and asking to be elevated only to be disappointed ....

Personally I hope you don't get elevated any time soon.

Your one liner TRs are of dubious value with a few dodgy non-resized pics.

Your reviews are also odd. I'm not convinced you were there and I don't think the pics are yours.

I also don't like your tactic of bombarding the board with Cut 'n'Paste news articles straight from the Pattaya One News link on this page.

I've no doubt you'll reach your 50+ posts in the next day or so, but I sincerely hope whoever assesses your contribution to the board reaches the same conclusion as me.

The only plus about elevating you might be that you'll then stop posting worthless topics and posts.

Edge out.

I agree with Edge about the news reports. Bombarding the news forum with unsubstantiated stories will not be considered 'a valuable contribution to the forum'.

Peace. :rolleyes:

sgu_banner.gif

I agree with Edge ...........

Stone me I thought I was on my own for a minute. OK I know you didn't agree with it all, but never mind.

Actually I stopped mid rant, but now I'm in the mood.....

This Advanced thing does bother me. There may well be those who ask WTF the above has to do with me.

Well it concerns me because from time to time I post stuff that I would like to think is sort of confidential to this board.

Now I know perfectly well that isn't realistically possible, but I often think Admin' could try harder.

I think that the elevation process is taken seriously, but clearly there are those such as the member above who think they only have to wang their way up to 50+ and they're in. Personally, it doesn't bother me if someone gets elevated after one post, provided they are known to and trusted by the Mod's.

I know this issue is widely discussed and I know there are many, myself included, who are discouraged from posting photo's etc. and many who have stopped because of such cases.

The term Trusted was recently replaced by Advanced.

I agree with that because many Trusted Members proved that they could not be trusted.

I wonder, however, if Trusted might be reintroduced, but actually mean trusted.

I wrote a PM the other day, but didn't send it to Admin' as intended.

Now I'm in full flow, here is an extract:-

It occurred to me that the procedure for the Privelege Card ought to be extended to the procedure for vetting prospective Advanced Members i.e. that they should make themseves known to Admin' by identifying themselves in a confidential way and perhaps even by proving that they have actually been here (or maybe a confirmed booking to come). I really don't see how someone can be addicted to something they've never experienced.

I do understand that PA is very reluctant to do anything at all which might adversely affect membership (meaning they won't do it).

However, I think with some thought this could be done quietly and subtley.

That would not deal with the dodgies that are already in Advanced, unless some way was found to extend it over time eg. if someone was put on warnings or demoted.

One way to encourage members to get verified would be to add a symbol next to their name. In other words, it could be optional for existing members but there would be some sort of ebay-like kudos in displaying that you are a real and trusted person.

A big plus IMO would be a huge increase in the confidence of other members when they post personal stuff and photo's.

Also it would eliminate (I think) the registering of more than one ID, which I think is more common than some of us think.

Ideally, I would like an area where all the members were Verified/Trusted, above the Advanced level - a bit like the Private Area but much more generally available.

Just my thoughts - Yes or Not?

I do acknowledge that this, the Public Forum, might not be the best place to propose tightening up on elevation, but this is where the Topic is.

I hope Admin' is listening.

Advanced Membership is not automatically granted. After 50+ posts, your post history will be periodically reviewed, until it is determined to have reached the requirements for advancement. I can tell you that your copy-pasted news articles will not count towards advancement, because they are not original content. 1 line posts saying "Thanks" or "Welcome" etc will usually not be counted either - a few really excellent posts will earn more credit.

The occasional 'early' advancement usually occurs because the member is known in person, e.g. by attending a Friday meeting.

Have you read the forum rules?

Please resize your photos!

Sitting here now in this bar for hours,

whilst strange men rent strange flowers,

I'll be picking up your petals in another few hours...

Your reviews are also odd. I'm not convinced you were there and I don't think the pics are yours.

I also don't like your tactic of bombarding the board with Cut 'n'Paste news articles straight from the Pattaya One News link on this page.

I've no doubt you'll reach your 50+ posts in the next day or so, but I sincerely hope whoever assesses your contribution to the board reaches the same conclusion as me.

The only plus about elevating you might be that you'll then stop posting worthless topics and posts.

Edge out.

WOW,, Edge, remind me never to piss you off. 10of10Score.gif. BTW, I think i'm safe, I don't know how to Cut 'n' Paste. 22600584-Th.gif.Archie.

WOW,, Edge, remind me never to piss you off. 10of10Score.gif. BTW, I think i'm safe, I don't know how to Cut 'n' Paste. 22600584-Th.gif.Archie.

Ha Ha - I've just put you on my watch list so I'll remind you later lol.

For those who think my words were harsh, I'm accusing him of falsifying and faking posts to get elevated.

If he wants to come back at me I can go through the reasons for him.

The bombardment of cut 'n' paste "news"articles just pissed me off.....

.....and I was having a bad day.

I guess it just comes down to whether Advanced means anything or not. :Pervert1:

Ha Ha - I've just put you on my watch list so I'll remind you later lol.

For those who think my words were harsh, I'm accusing him of falsifying and faking posts to get elevated.

If he wants to come back at me I can go through the reasons for him.

The bombardment of cut 'n' paste "news"articles just pissed me off.....

.....and I was having a bad day.

I guess it just comes down to whether Advanced means anything or not. :Pervert1:

Sorry you were having a bad day. ShitHappens1.gif But you cheered my day up. GoldenSmile1.gif. The only thing you never said. Was, . That he was a NOTHING, a NOBODY, and, that he was going NOWHERE, fast..... ESPECIALLY to that trusted place.... Have nice evening. Chokdee.gif.... Archie

Sorry you were having a bad day. ShitHappens1.gif But you cheered my day up. GoldenSmile1.gif. The only thing you never said. Was, . That he was a NOTHING, a NOBODY, and, that he was going NOWHERE, fast..... ESPECIALLY to that trusted place.... Have nice evening. Chokdee.gif.... Archie

Well if I cheered you up then my rant was not in vain.

I do have faith that, once a Mod' assessed his posts he would not have been elevated, but his dodgy and ridiculous posts had been going on for a month, albeit they reached a crescendo on the day I flipped, but there was no sign whatsoever that he was going to be pulled up (I could elaborate but I'll resist).

Is it a case of any post is a good post? Do people not feel a bit pissed off if, in good faith, they get involved in a bogus TR or whatever?

OK I'll stop now - it's only a forum and no-one's listening anyway. :Surrender1::Agree1::Good_Night:

Advanced Membership is not automatically granted. After 50+ posts, your post history will be periodically reviewed, until it is determined to have reached the requirements for advancement. I can tell you that your copy-pasted news articles will not count towards advancement, because they are not original content. 1 line posts saying "Thanks" or "Welcome" etc will usually not be counted either - a few really excellent posts will earn more credit.

The occasional 'early' advancement usually occurs because the member is known in person, e.g. by attending a Friday meeting.

Maybe, to attain Advanced Member Status ' trusted ', there could be a book (oath) that can be signed at a Friday meeting. Perhaps signing it on a yearly basis to (prove you are indeed an addict) retain advanced 'trusted' status..

Edge out.

:Birthday_Cake: chill out Dude , slightly over kill. Nice to be nice eh :001_Thank_You5:

• 2 months later...

50 not out. Would like to apply for advanced membership. I like to think my posts are on the helpful side especially for a newbie. THANX.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Once again I am writing to request an advanced member update.

I think I deserve it because I made a lot of material in this thread:

http://www.pattaya-a...st-trip-oct-09/

My next trip will be in October / November and I hope to contribute with more and better material from Pattaya & AC.

Thank you. Greetings.

OMG! When I read John McClain I was first reading it John McCain, but I guess you get that alot. I thought at first, it was another high moral pushing politician...heading for a life..of too much pussy...maybe ladyboys-the more they speak out about something-the more you wonder now adays.

But I digress, Welcome to our group of mongers!

• 1 month later...

Hello. Could I obtain Advanced Member status? Thus far I have mostly posted on the non-Pattaya forums, specifically about Vietnam. Regardless of my status I intend to finish my trip report about traveling around Vietnam and trying to meet girls there. :) I have traveled to Thailand and Philippines a couple of times so I should be able to bring that perspective to the board. I hope to return to BKK/Pattaya next spring, but Vn and PI are also calling me.

Thanks to the folks who operate this site.

One day Zenobiz is at work collecting sexy pictures of Japenese girls in school uniforms, and he happens to read about how to enter a place with great treasures. The treasures are hidden behind something called a cyberwall and can only be open by a secret word- a word that is only known for the few. Giants are protecting the treasures for any intruders and the punishment for those who try to cheat or force themselves to see the treasures is harder than hell.

Zenobiz is doomed as he don't know the secrect word and the treasures will never been known to a man who is a true dreamer.

So, for any mods - "Open Sesame" and let Zenobiz see the treasures that you hide so well.

Z

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I keep clicking on the advanced member pages. Shit. I don't want to post bullshit in order to get promoted. But this forum introduced me to Pattaya City and definitely helped me on my first trip to Thailand. The ladies all told me "I no Belieb you first time Thailand!". Can't wait to go back but I would love to get some more "inside" information.

single-mum.jpg

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 3 months later...

Ayup folks,

Any chance of an upgrade to the big boys area?

Cheers,

JPL

Ubique.

hello to admin and mods been studying and enjoying this forum big time over the last few months whilst planning my first trip. have really enjoyed the hundreds of trip reports especially the major one`s like johnny wilde`s nuffs daily blog of life in and around pattaya and especially One Days story of planning to move out there full time .The reports have helped me decide on the area that i shall use as my base (lk metro)and have been pleased with the response from fellow members when i`m sure i have bored them when seeking advice in the newbie section .I would like to be considered for level two when admin have time do do a review

Big Thanks in advance

Billyboy01

Hello Admin and Mods, I am asking for Advanced Member Status as I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts. In fact, I have read all the old posts over and over again, I now have nothing else to read! So, I am hoping that by upgrading to Advance Member Status, I might have more posts to read. This site is the first thing I turn to after turning on my laptop, before I read my emails AND even before I go on to FaceBook!

I came across this website in December 2010, not long after returning home from my second time in Pattaya and i'm planning my 3rd trip in May and hope to see many BM's at the meetings.

Thanks for a very informative website about my favourite place on earth! :-)

Archived