Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Getting elevated to Advanced Member status

Braveheart

Due to abuse of the Pattaya Addicts policy that automatically promoted Members to Advanced Members once they had made 50 posts we have decided to change how Members are promoted to Advanced Member status.

Pattaya Addicts Administrators will now review the posts made by each Member prior to them being elevated to the Advanced Member level. A review will automatically take place after a Member has reached 50 posts and a decision will be made by the Administrators whether their posts merit their being elevated or not.

This is not being done to punish anyone but rather to increase the amount of intelligent and meaningful content being posted on the forum and to tone down the amount of one word and one line posts which are being made with the specific purpose of getting to the next level.

It is still acceptable to make a short post to congratulate someone, wish them well, thank them for their post or pictures and other such things for which a shorter post may be appropriate but in order to be elevated some significant posts must be made which offer new content to the forum.

It is hoped that this policy will encourage more Member participation on the forum and lead to more of the Members being active in ongoing discussions.

The Administrators may also decide to elevate someone early if it is determined that their participation and postings are of an above average level and warrant it.

Some of the best ways to get yourself noticed early are by submitting trip reports, bar and hotel reviews. Posts with photos are always regarded more highly than those without and a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude towards other Members is greatly appreciated by all.

Anyone who believes that they are worthy of an early promotion is free to appeal to the Administrators at any time and their posting history will be reviewed.

Elevation to Advanced Member will still gain you access to all of the Advanced Member forums as well as unfettered access to the picture gallery.

Members who are being reviewed/awaiting review will show as Member + in their profile under Group.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great Policy. I believe it is clear, fair and equitable. Thank you for taking the time to formulate the new policy!

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

Very fair.

This will hopefully bring in much more life into the forum.

that is the best way Sir!! Bravo

I lost the Great Shopper "Joe"

Works for me... sorry I didn't know things had changed when I welcomed new members last night... now I know better!

Charlie

"I have passed blamelessly through life doing nought but good deeds, and I am beloved by all whose path I have crossed. It is beyond comprehension that anyone could nurture in their hearts hostile feelings for me." Genevive Dieudonne. Vampire. ("Anno Dracula" by Kim Newman)

I think that is the fairest way. I think that eliminates the possibility of sabotage from aliens as it would take the most dedicated of trolls to be bothered to get elevated to the higher level. The majority of people join but then dont post, perhaps this will encourage them.

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

wow

but what if not much a talker

but i know i can contribute more after my first visit

come on dudes

Agreed...

Im not much of a talker either, English is not my main language but atleast i try to do my best. But as a whole alot of my posts is going to be one-liners and it seems that the admins have a problem with that :(

wow

but what if not much a talker

but i know i can contribute more after my first visit

come on dudes

Agreed...

Im not much of a talker either, English is not my main language but atleast i try to do my best. But as a whole alot of my posts is going to be one-liners and it seems that the admins have a problem with that :(

your both added to trusted now

sounds like a good idea..I still caint log onto the secerts board.and I tryed several screen names..oh well you caint always get what you want...

Pattaya Addicts Administrators will now review the posts made by each Member prior to them being elevated to the Trusted Member level. A review will automatically take place after a Member has reached 25 posts and a decision will be made by the Administrators whether their posts merit their being elevated or not

Anyone who believes that they are worthy of an early promotion is free to appeal to the Administrators at any time and their posting history will be reviewed.

Members who are being reviewed/awaiting review will show as Member + in their profile under Group.

Ok this is my 27th post and i still can't get into the other forums :P

Any chance of a review? :25:

i cant wait to see those special post hehehe :Fun1:

I just want to post some dirty pics of filthy women but apparently i can't upload to the gallery unless i'm a trusted member for some bizarre reason :Dance1:

If anyone wants to see my dirty girls, send me a PM with your email and i'll pass them on.

I just want to post some dirty pics of filthy women but apparently i can't upload to the gallery unless i'm a trusted member for some bizarre reason :Wassup1:

If anyone wants to see my dirty girls, send me a PM with your email and i'll pass them on.

Filthy women... I pass my turn.!!! I prefere hot chicks :)

ya i've reach my 30 th or so but defenatly agreed my post aren't usually the best or longest but for sure meeninful AAAA damm i cant spell lol anyways i am addicted to this site so no matter how long it take ill eventually be up there with every body else PEACE and keep running a great site

Posts with photos are always regarded more highly than those without.

Question:

How do you post trip reports with pics if you can't upload pics? Bit of a catch 22 situation?

so now i actually have to post meaning full phrases?

damn i thought i good get away with just adding some BS everywhere :)

well thought of though, and no problem, i must reach trusted member's status! ;)

I cant post a trip report or anything yet as I am going on my first trip soon .. but I promise I will when I get back :)

I am the same as iceboy above, trying to make a contructive contribution to site, but until

i make my trip in Sept can't post trip report or pics.

The information i have picked up from this forum has been really helpful in planning my trip, so

i plan to put something back and post trip report/hotel review and pics etc.

Any chance of a review :)

Archived