IGNORED

Getting elevated to Advanced Member status

Braveheart

I didn't know exactly where to post this question, and I don't seem able to start a new thread, but

Is this board viewable in Thailand? or is it censored?

thanks

DoctorJ

NYC

the biggest Asian city outside Asia!

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't know exactly where to post this question, and I don't seem able to start a new thread, but

Is this board viewable in Thailand? or is it censored?

thanks

Probably not the right place for the question but regardless I was wondering about that too. Obviously alot of the active members are in thailand so they can but I was also told all of the internet connections are routed through a central station and censored.

Yes guys Addicts is definetly viewable in LOS

Cheers

:LMAO1:

Dude

so now how do I get to see the gallery and post there?

I am a "member+"

what is that?

thanks

DoctorJ

NYC

the biggest Asian city outside Asia!

so now how do I get to see the gallery and post there?

I am a "member+"

what is that?

thanks

You're a trusted member now. :o

The Member+ is my cue to review your posts and see if you are elible to upgrade. It's more complicated than that as I have a whole series of things to do before I upgrade someone but that is my cue to start.

:D:Beer1: hi there i now how over 25 post so now how do I get to see the gallery and post there?

I am a "member+"

what is that???????

thanks pattaya pete :Beer1:

I GUESS NOBODY LOVES ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Colin i will put a good word in for you mate !!

I have no problem posting, getting into threads as I am an avid VIP poster on Costaricaticas.com.

The problem I have is my comments will not be all that long at first as I havent been to LOS yet and do not know anyone on the

system. (yet). I wil try my best to be a valued member & will be more prolific after my first trip.

Stratone

i noticed i canot post or reply anywhere .... so its quite dificulty getting a few posts together ...

i tryed a few times after signup .. but got bored quickly after reading almost everywhere the message "no permission" or "read only"

this post i made after try in about 5 other threads/boards ...

Check before elevating ....... that might be useful advice when looking at TGs !!

Perhaps I should take my own advice ?

Well twist my ...... well perhaps not !

How do I get a review to be upgraded to a trusted member now my post total over 25

Is it automatic or do I have to apply

with all due respect, I do feel that limited access of standard membership puts newbies at a less enjoyable experience with this great site... given that all the good posts go to the trusted only area, life as a standard member sucks!

This actually kinda defeating one thing about this site serves - attracting people who are new or still on his way to PTY. Now newbie can only read some general info posts. i guess there's sufficient info on where to go, what to do, etc. But it takes a while to get over 25 posts, to see everything. For me, I found this site when planning Thailand trip prior to departure. I wish I could have read more before landing in BKK, but it's literally impossible to do 25 posts in 3 days, if not just replying /w one-liners.

Btw, no mistake, I am working hard right now, to be trusted member asap. :Bravo1:

wanna be a trusted member

Due to abuse of the Pattaya Addicts policy that automatically promoted Members to Trusted Members once they had made 25 posts we have decided to change how Members are promoted to Trusted Member status.

Pattaya Addicts Administrators will now review the posts made by each Member prior to them being elevated to the Trusted Member level. A review will automatically take place after a Member has reached 25 posts and a decision will be made by the Administrators whether their posts merit their being elevated or not.

This is not being done to punish anyone but rather to increase the amount of intelligent and meaningful content being posted on the forum and to tone down the amount of one word and one line posts which are being made with the specific purpose of getting to the next level.

It is still acceptable to make a short post to congratulate someone, wish them well, thank them for their post or pictures and other such things for which a shorter post may be appropriate but in order to be elevated some significant posts must be made which offer new content to the forum.

It is hoped that this policy will encourage more Member participation on the forum and lead to more of the Members being active in ongoing discussions.

The Administrators may also decide to elevate someone early if it is determined that their participation and postings are of an above average level and warrant it.

Some of the best ways to get yourself noticed early are by submitting trip reports, bar and hotel reviews. Posts with photos are always regarded more highly than those without and a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude towards other Members is greatly appreciated by all.

Anyone who believes that they are worthy of an early promotion is free to appeal to the Administrators at any time and their posting history will be reviewed.

Elevation to Trusted Member will still gain you access to all of the Trusted Member forums as well as unfettered access to the picture gallery.

Members who are being reviewed/awaiting review will show as Member + in their profile under Group.

Personally, I am not a frequent or eloquent communicator so it may take a while for my change of status. So be it!

Thank you for the E-mail to remind me to upgrade?

well at least can post here .... but well reading always this board message is kind of boring ...

jerseywild: well you know .. you are "trusted" ;-)

at least your userinfo (postbit) shows this ...

Hello, I am a new member in this Forum. I have understood your Rules to Post first 25 Posts to come in the Real Member area. I am happy to be here and I wish you best Regards :D

Dennis

i noticed i canot post or reply anywhere .... so its quite dificulty getting a few posts together ... i tryed a few times after signup .. but got bored quickly after reading almost everywhere the message "no permission" or "read only"this post i made after try in about 5 other threads/boards ...
You should be able to post in any of the public forums as well as the Pattaya Mad forums. If you can't then please let us know by sending us a PM.

what is the benifit to being a trusted member??
More forums with more information, more photos and perhaps a little less restrictive in some places. Also once we have it back up and running you will be able to use the photo gallery.

I must admit, i wasn't aware of the trusted member status till i got an email from the admins recently. Now i'm very curious to see the hidden forums!

Problem is, i'm not that much of a talker either, and feel i might make a fool of myself with a trip report or whatever in front of all the pattaya veterans on here :Party3:

I love reading about other peoples experiences though and really feel as though i'm missing out.

I do agree with the policy though. There's nothing worse than trollers/spammers on a great forum.

Sawadee,

Any chance to move up to the glorious trusted members level?

I promise to play good.

Korp koon,

BJ

im sorry guys im a man of very few words ; but i do like this site ive been los 3 times in last 2 years but still getting info from here i did,nt no about ; as for photos i aint got a clue how to down load them maybe one bm can show me at xmas thanks

Archived