IGNORED

Getting elevated to Advanced Member status

Braveheart

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the length of a post should not be used as a criteria.Some motor-mouths speak a lot without saying anything useful.I think all members with 25 posts should be elevated UNLESS obviously someone is trying to make the numbers by posting stupid one-liners. :rolleyes:

I think that's a pretty good policy. There is a similar one in place on the Phucket forum I sometimes use. Stops a lot of random maniacs from messing up threads/trolling etc

Makes the general feel of the board more 'friendly' too. I notice that this one is very friendly and helpful in particular.

good policy and fair enough to all.

Sure cuts down on the "butt-sex" type of reply.

Now that one took a whole lot to cut 'n paste.

Keep up the find perusal of posts and we'll all enjoy things more!

ALL girls like it in the Ass. Not all know it....yet!

Gentlemen, I agree wholeheartedly with the concept of review before elevation. I hope to have contributed and continue to contribute to the forum. It is without a doubt the best of its type, bar none. By the way, the new speed is dramatically better than before. Thanks!

YOU HAVE A GOOD AND FAIR POLICY HERE I UNDERSTAND

tHIS IS A GREAT SITE YOU CAN FIND OUT EVERTHING HERE THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE THATS KNOWS A ANSWER IF YOU ASK A QUSTION

WELL DONE ON A GREAT SITE

I an new to the site and like the policy. On other sites there is to much bickering and name calling. I have found so much useful info on this site. I feel much better educated and am really looking foward to applying alot of the advice I have found here. Thanks for keeping the site up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As this is my 25th post I have been waiting for something worth while to say. A response to this thread is I think is appropriate. First I agree with the new policy. I did not discover this forum until after my first trip last March. The very first day I noticed several BM posting one liners like, "this is post #15". This adds nothing to the forum and makes the obtaining Trusted status trivial. Since joining the forum I have found it to be a very valuable source of information. I have also been impressed with the level of frank and open topics that can be discussed on this board without individuals being personally attacked for their comments. I have also noted that the majority of the post seem to be mostly from the same BM but there does seems to be a climate that welcomes and encourages new posters. I will admit that most of my post up until this point have been short and mostly in response to trip reports. I am usually a man of few words. I am planning future trips to LOS and I will be able to better contribute to the this board. I am not concerned if I get Trusted Member status at post 25 or 250. I truly believe it is the journey not the destination which is important. I enjoy the time I spend on this board. I only want to see it get better. I also hope some day to personally meet some of the other BM and throw back a beer or two!

Yes, I concur, it is a better policy. My sole purpose for joining this site was to view and gain knowledge I have not otherwise would have gotten. Your selection of me as a trusted member, I appreciate and enjoy being able to interact with others here. Thanks, Laafa.

Aka Laafa

The present is all you own. The past a golden link. Go cruising now my brother, it's later than you think

Another thing about the 25 posts is that it gives new members time to get the feel of the board and definately gives them something to look forward to.

I agree with the policy of a reveiw before elevation as it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch. Having been an admin and mod on several different forums (mostly sports related) it is a hard enough job watching for inappropriate behavior let alone trying to weed out useless posts. Having only been to LOS once (but planning my second trip the day I got back) my input is very limited and tends to be mostly in the form of thanks to all the hard working members that makes this forum work. When my time comes to be elevated I am sure it will happen until then.... Bravo and keep up the good work.

If the package is unbelievable..... Check the product before making a purchase.

It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, than to open it and remove all doubt.

"You can't fix stupid." -Ron White

• 3 weeks later...

Er, how long does it normally take to get elevated to the trusted members section? I think I got 25 posts since 1-2 days.

Could some1 review my posts please?? :)

I want to lick Edna Krabappel`s Pussy....

Principal Seymour Skinner

Proud to be a member http://www.lmhr.org.uk/about/anl.html

Can you help please? http://www.baan-kingkaew-orphanage.org/mission.html

Take at look at this site if u care?

http://www.isara.org/

lbfucker.gif

Visit My Website

I suppose something had to be done, haven't been here long enough to get the big picture..

But it seems inlogical to put the newbie advice in the "trusted member section", since the Newbie won't be able to get acces and will thus miss out on getting the advice he came on this board for in the first place.. :P:Oops1:

I suppose something had to be done, haven't been here long enough to get the big picture..

But it seems inlogical to put the newbie advice in the "trusted member section", since the Newbie won't be able to get acces and will thus miss out on getting the advice he came on this board for in the first place.. :P:Oops1:

Very good point

After reading through this particular thread from the very begining and having a quiet day here at work i've kind of seen the board changing as the days gone on, which of course has effected me as a member but also a lurker !!

Yes i have been a lurker and can only apologise for this. I joined at the begining of the year just before my first visit to Pattaya but have never contributed to this forum.

But that is gonna have to change !! Myself and all the other "lurkers" are now going to have to make some contribution to the forum.

As i wrote above, after reading the thread from the begining i can only see this as a positive step. I'm not really a writer thats why there's nothing really from me on hear, but i do enjoy reading other people's experiences and stories and as I will be in Pattaya from the 30th of November untill the middle of December hopefully i wiil be able to add my own.

But it seems inlogical to put the newbie advice in the "trusted member section", since the Newbie won't be able to get acces and will thus miss out on getting the advice he came on this board for in the first place.. :):P

Well spotted Flippy. Welcome aboard!!!!!

Sawatdee Khrab

As a new member of the forum I find it difficult to reach 25 posts without resorting to posting anything just to become a trusted member.

Perhaps a Trial Period for newbies could be more useful and allow potential intelligent information to be shared by all.

Give it some thought.

Thank You

Zip...

Hey Fellas,

Was hoping one of you could give me a look to update my status, my posts arn't always the greatest but I think I do contribute to the conversations.

Thanks

Open

funny, I didn't even know there was another level of membership, or that pics were extra points. I just like putting pretty girls up here!i thought i uploaded. another tryIMG_2495_3.jpg

DoctorJ

NYC

the biggest Asian city outside Asia!

Agreed...

Im not much of a talker either, English is not my main language but atleast i try to do my best. But as a whole alot of my posts is going to be one-liners and it seems that the admins have a problem with that :(

I take things like the fact that English is not someone's native or first language into consideration when I do a review. Language skills are nice but not essential.

I think the length of a post should not be used as a criteria.Some motor-mouths speak a lot without saying anything useful.I think all members with 25 posts should be elevated UNLESS obviously someone is trying to make the numbers by posting stupid one-liners. :Number1a:

The length of the post is only used as a minimal consideration, the quality of the post and what it adds to the board is the primary consideration. Secondary to that is does it encourage other members.

I think that's a pretty good policy. There is a similar one in place on the Phucket forum I sometimes use. Stops a lot of random maniacs from messing up threads/trolling etc

Makes the general feel of the board more 'friendly' too. I notice that this one is very friendly and helpful in particular.

Some goofballs still get through, I can't catch them all. You are correct about it making the board more friendly though and that helps to encourage some people to post.

Er, how long does it normally take to get elevated to the trusted members section? I think I got 25 posts since 1-2 days.

Sorry about that. With my job I am not always able to review everone that is eligble on a daily basis. Occassionally I am completely off line for a couple of days. Id od try to get all elible members reviewed as soon as possible though.

But it seems inlogical to put the newbie advice in the "trusted member section", since the Newbie won't be able to get acces and will thus miss out on getting the advice he came on this board for in the first place.. :Grin_Jump1::Drunk_Party:

The Newbie Advice section being moved to the Trusted Members area is only temporary. Certain sections of the board had to reviewed for content that was innapropriate and this was best for the board. Threads from all of the moved sections are being reviewed and moved back to the Members area as quick as possible but as most of our mods have day jobs some of them have little time to help with this. They have to make money to get another trip to LOS as well.

Sawatdee Khrab

As a new member of the forum I find it difficult to reach 25 posts without resorting to posting anything just to become a trusted member.

Perhaps a Trial Period for newbies could be more useful and allow potential intelligent information to be shared by all.

Give it some thought.

Thank You

Zip...

Although each member's account is reviewed once they have made at least 25 posts we occeassionally review a member's account early if we notice they are consistently adding good content, believe me we do notice as many members which have been elevated early can attest to.

Hey Fellas,

Was hoping one of you could give me a look to update my status, my posts arn't always the greatest but I think I do contribute to the conversations.

Thanks

Open

As I stated earlier I try to do this once a day and as soon as I get home from work today that is what I will be doing.

Archived