IGNORED

Getting elevated to Advanced Member status

Braveheart

Thanks for the update and a sound reason by the way. This is the first forum that I have really contributed to in all of my travels to the LOS. I look forward to reading and contributing to the forum in the lead up to my holiday in 3 months time.

Cheers

The Croc

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Due to abuse of the Pattaya Addicts policy that automatically promoted Members to Trusted Members once they had made 25 posts we have decided to change how Members are promoted to Trusted Member status.

A perfectly sensible and practical solution. Well Done!

Hi,

Looks like you spent a lot of time coming up with that and a lot of red tape. I can appreciate the guidelines and all but it does sound a little like thai politics going on here. Well that's my two baht or maybe ha baht lat ha sib stand for the songtaew.

Gibs

I would like to be a trusted member, and now I know more about how to get there. I don't know how many posts I have made. Is there a way that we can find out?

Hi Guys,

I'd love to become a trusted member eventually because I think I got some good stuff to share. But my main playground is not Pattaya but Jakarta. What if I want to post info and stories from Jakarta? Will that be acceptable?

In particular, I'm an arse-lover and I'm sure my fellow mongers would also appreciate some of my offerings. A couple of samples attached...

I do understand your position guys, but watching the boards over the last couple of months. Its the reading and getting to know about pattaya that actually builds the confidence a little to post. Myself personally not much of a poster but love to read the words of the pattays veterans. I am planning my first trip fore hopefully mid june and the information I have obtained from all you vets has been invaluable. Don't have any pictures because the only place I have been mongering is in Amsterdam and for all that have been good luck getting a picture with those gals. Girls are a 10 out there but so is the attitude they give...50 euro suck and fuck, and no such thing as long time boys.

Anyways understand your point guys, and I will wait to become one of the chosen ones.... :10:

Due to abuse of the Pattaya Addicts policy that automatically promoted Members to Trusted Members once they had made 25 posts we have decided to change how Members are promoted to Trusted Member status.

Pattaya Addicts Administrators will now review the posts made by each Member prior to them being elevated to the Trusted Member level. A review will automatically take place after a Member has reached 25 posts and a decision will be made by the Administrators whether their posts merit their being elevated or not.

This is not being done to punish anyone but rather to increase the amount of intelligent and meaningful content being posted on the forum and to tone down the amount of one word and one line posts which are being made with the specific purpose of getting to the next level.

It is still acceptable to make a short post to congratulate someone, wish them well, thank them for their post or pictures and other such things for which a shorter post may be appropriate but in order to be elevated some significant posts must be made which offer new content to the forum.

It is hoped that this policy will encourage more Member participation on the forum and lead to more of the Members being active in ongoing discussions.

The Administrators may also decide to elevate someone early if it is determined that their participation and postings are of an above average level and warrant it.

Some of the best ways to get yourself noticed early are by submitting trip reports, bar and hotel reviews. Posts with photos are always regarded more highly than those without and a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude towards other Members is greatly appreciated by all.

Anyone who believes that they are worthy of an early promotion is free to appeal to the Administrators at any time and their posting history will be reviewed.

Elevation to Trusted Member will still gain you access to all of the Trusted Member forums as well as unfettered access to the picture gallery.

Members who are being reviewed/awaiting review will show as Member + in their profile under Group.

Hi All,

Long time watcher - first time poster.

Agree with all the other coments on here - some real good information available in the general section.

Hopefully one day will be able to access the "trusted member" section as I hear it's pretty good in there as well.

Hi All,

Long time watcher - first time poster.

Agree with all the other coments on here - some real good information available in the general section.

Hopefully one day will be able to access the "trusted member" section as I hear it's pretty good in there as well.

You will get there eventually. The best way for those that don't like to ask questions or cannot answer them, is to head off to the trip report section and thank the guys for there efforts (not one liners), as some say that's the core of the forum.

I would think that this is fair for some and not for others, but as they say you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please all the people all the time

I do understand your position guys, but watching the boards over the last couple of months. Its the reading and getting to know about pattaya that actually builds the confidence a little to post. Myself personally not much of a poster but love to read the words of the pattays veterans. I am planning my first trip fore hopefully mid june and the information I have obtained from all you vets has been invaluable. Don't have any pictures because the only place I have been mongering is in Amsterdam and for all that have been good luck getting a picture with those gals. Girls are a 10 out there but so is the attitude they give...50 euro suck and fuck, and no such thing as long time boys.

Anyways understand your point guys, and I will wait to become one of the chosen ones.... :P

Hi there my name is collin and a bit a a vet, on Pattaya if I can help you drop me a line and i shall try and help.

I am going back out in mid june,only came back last friday ande cant wait to go back and have a great time.

Regards

Collin

good system

filters out some of us who actually want to be a part of the forum

must help the mods working out who's worth elevating

So how if I posted a few naked pictures of my wife? Would that get me in quicker :')

Seems like a fair enough policy. although i understand some people saying 25 posts is a little much, especially if they've never been to los. i lived there for 3 years ( in bkk, never made it to pattaya :( first stop on my next trip though ) and i'm finding it a little hard to post really meaningful stuff--

You should be able to post in any of the public forums as well as the Pattaya Mad forums. If you can't then please let us know by sending us a PM.

More forums with more information, more photos and perhaps a little less restrictive in some places. Also once we have it back up and running you will be able to use the photo gallery.

How come I can only post 1.95 MB (two photos) per day? What is a PM?

life is but a dream

How come [email protected] failed?

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 second(s):

* [email protected]

Final-recipient: rfc822; [email protected]

Action: failed

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 g22si11201604rvb.33

Last-attempt-Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 05:39:12 +0000

life is but a dream

How do I communicate with the "board?" Forgive me, I am new and find "forum formats" very confusing. What is a PM?

life is but a dream

Archived