IGNORED

ARECA LODGE

scrunge

4 hours ago, stiflers_dad said:

how bad is the noise coming from the construction site at the back entrance (avenue mall)?

It's no problem at all. Work is progressing (at a glacial pace) towards Buakhao. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The standard plus and the deluxe plus rooms are the renovated rooms with walk in showers and as stated above are in the Areca tower bldg. that is closest to Soi Diana

• 1 month later...

Stayed at Areca Lodge for a few nights in late November.  Was in Areca building so had the room with seperate shower which is what I was looking for.

Really impressed with the value for money.  I paid around 1300 baht per night with breakfast (which I found very tasty - freshly made omelette, eggs, toast etc.).

I had to pay 400 baht deposit when I checked in which was fully refunded (only if you could produce the receipt on checking out I was told a few times - assuming they have had some issues with this in the past).

As everyone says - location cant be beaten.  It was my first trip back for 3 years and I arrived at 9.30pm and when I walked out onto LK Metro it was like sensory overload 😂- lights, colour,  noise, smell, girls in sexy outfits….took me a few mins to compose myself and get settled in……was good to be home 😊

Would certainly recommend Areca Lodge.

• 1 month later...

Anybody stay in the 'Executive' rooms? They are a bit bigger (42 sqm) and seem like updated/renovated rooms. The bathroom still looks quite small in those.

• 5 weeks later...

still no vehicle access from the rear of Areca to Soi 15. but next to the guard post there is now way in to haul supplies from the nearby 7/11

20230223_0841391.thumb.jpg.89e58aaa2fdb53ea87dcd75ac4d5218e.jpg

repaired wall

20230223_0842141.thumb.jpg.8ef961c64c45e94617ba14ff66d223a0.jpg

Anybody know when they're likely to be taking bookings for Nov/Dec this year? Theres nothing available on their website and Agoda and Booking.com etc all say sold out. I've emailed them twice and they don't even respond! I know there's plenty of other options but I really like the look and location of this place.

<iframe src="https://www.arewethere.yt/Thailand/49097.htm?type=embed" width="350" height="200" frameborder="0"></iframe>

2 hours ago, mrpercy said:

Anybody know when they're likely to be taking bookings for Nov/Dec this year? There is nothing available on their website and Agoda and Booking.com etc all say sold out. I've emailed them twice and they don't even respond! I know there's plenty of other options but I really like the look and location of this place.

Not sure what the problem is, but you can't book anything after October 31st.

I know when I was there in December/January, I was told they were going to start up the ACE Club thing again in November, so not sure if that has anything to do with it because of the ACE pricing. 

I'm back in April, June and September and have by reservation already booked. 

I will send the a email for my December booking date and if I get a answer I will post it. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

2 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I'm back in April, June and September and have by reservation already booked. 

Since it sounds like you have made bookings at Areca Lodge multiple times, are there any particulars you would recommend putting in the email as I am looking to book there also.  Thanks.

45 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

Since it sounds like you have made bookings at Areca Lodge multiple times, are there any particulars you would recommend putting in the email as I am looking to book there also.  Thanks.

Just decide on what dates you want and the the room type and send them the request on their website. They will contact you back with what other information they might need. 

On their website is a good description of the rooms and which of the 3 buildings the room is in as well as the daily price of the room. The Areca building is the front one by Soi Diana, the middle one is the Corona building and the one in the back by Soi 15 is the Evergreen building, which I stay in. 

I normally make my next 1 or 2 reservations while i'm there on my current stay. I did the September booking on their site and had to pay for the first night with a credit card. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I also stay there and prefer the Deluxe Room as it's in the addition and I can connect "off the street" without having to use the lobby area. I don't like to go into the lobby with my "date". 

All I want in a room and I won't stay anywhere else. The location is a big plus..!

12 hours ago, Greg_B said:

I also stay there and prefer the Deluxe Room as it's in the addition and I can connect "off the street" without having to use the lobby area. I don't like to go into the lobby with my "date"

All I want in a room and I won't stay anywhere else. The location is a big plus..!

Maybe you need to "up" your selection process. 

I'm not ashamed to to parade my date around anywhere. 

12 hours ago, Greg_B said:

sorry double posting. 

Edited by LeoTex

5 hours ago, LeoTex said:

Maybe you need to "up" your selection process. 

I'm not ashamed to to parade my date around anywhere. 

It wasn't me that was self-conscience, it was "her"

under dress.jpeg

Question for those that stay at Areca regularly and/or have stayed recently…would 1800 baht (77 AUD) per night (including breakfast) be a reasonable price for a ‘standard plus’ room in august? I’ve never stayed there before and I get paranoid using booking sites without knowing what sort of rates a particular hotel may usually charge, but am curious to try it out.

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

Misread looking for "Standard Plus" - so ignore this post!

Edited by kd_traveller

On 24/02/2023 at 19:39, LeoTex said:

sorry double posting. 

You been sniffing the embalming fluid too much😂

Edited by Soi7
  • Haha 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Which wing is closest to Soi Diana? I forget where i stayed before but it felt like a really long trek everytime to get to the soi. Put me off staying there again.

Anyone got an idea of their pool drinks prices?

Countdown Clocks

1 hour ago, rain_angelus said:

Which wing is closest to Soi Diana? I forget where i stayed before but it felt like a really long trek everytime to get to the soi. Put me off staying there again.

Anyone got an idea of their pool drinks prices?

The Areca Building is the front building where reception is will be the building on Soi Diana.

I can't remember what the drink process are, but not bad.

Most of the drinks I drink by the pool are ones I make in my room and bring with me such as bloody mary's, margaritas as well as bourbon and soda.    

11 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

The Areca Building is the front building where reception is will be the building on Soi Diana.

I can't remember what the drink process are, but not bad.

Most of the drinks I drink by the pool are ones I make in my room and bring with me such as bloody mary's, margaritas as well as bourbon and soda.    

Do you know which rooms are in each wing? I think i got a deluxe room before and it was miles away.

Countdown Clocks

1 hour ago, rain_angelus said:

Do you know which rooms are in each wing? I think i got a deluxe room before and it was miles away.

Pull up their website and 'click' on rates, not rooms.

This will show the room type and which building. Deluxe is in the Corona (middle) building, Deluxe Plus in the Areca (front) building and Super Deluxe in the Evergreen (back) building which I stay every trip. 

The Evergreen building would be the one that feel miles away from Soi Diana in the front. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Pull up their website and 'click' on rates, not rooms.

This will show the room type and which building. Deluxe is in the Corona (middle) building, Deluxe Plus in the Areca (front) building and Super Deluxe in the Evergreen (back) building which I stay every trip. 

The Evergreen building would be the one that feel miles away from Soi Diana in the front. 

Awesome, thabks.

Countdown Clocks

I booked June now and the Areca building facing the back this time to avoid the noise from the breakfast resturant that woke me everytime I had room facing the pool but in the confirmation email it said:

"Please be informed that the Corona building will be closed for renovation from 05 May 2023 to 31 October 2023.
We thank you for your kind understanding and do apologize for the inconvenience caused."

My room will face the corona bulding. What kind of disturbance should I expect? 

Expect it to be noisy at the big pool? 

Edited by swede37
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, swede37 said:

Please be informed that the Corona building will be closed for renovation from 05 May 2023 to 31 October 2023.

Really good intel. I stayed in the Areca wing when they were renovating about 5 years ago.

As I remember, that was Jan/Feb....certainly high season. No warning was issued on that occassion and the building remained open. I think I had a 3 week booking on an upper floor and they just started drilling downstairs. The noise and vibration was horrendous.

I made a cursory complaint with the Front reception (the front reception staff are not very accomodating  even at the best of times, and that was not the best of times), so just had to put up and shut up.

I guess they learned from that and at least they are doing it in low season/closing the building/giving people a heads up. Which is only fair.

You'd be better off on the poolside of Areca, I was on the 3rd floor there this month and heard nothing from the breakfast crowd. As you rightly point, out the big pool is going to be noisy during the day.

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

15 hours ago, purescience said:

As I remember, that was Jan/Feb....certainly high season. No warning was issued on that occassion and the building remained open. I think I had a 3 week booking on an upper floor and they just started drilling downstairs. The noise and vibration was horrendous.

I guess I was lucky as I got warnings for the remodel of the Areca Building as well as the lobby and  the front of the hotel when making reservation. The Areca Building remodel got me moved back the Evergreen Building were I have been staying on all my stays.  

21 hours ago, purescience said:

Really good intel. I stayed in the Areca wing when they were renovating about 5 years ago.

I made a cursory complaint with the Front reception (the front reception staff are not very accomodating  even at the best of times, and that was not the best of times), so just had to put up and shut up.

I guess they learned from that and at least they are doing it in low season/closing the building/giving people a heads up. Which is only fair.

You'd be better off on the poolside of Areca, I was on the 3rd floor there this month and heard nothing from the breakfast crowd. As you rightly point, out the big pool is going to be noisy during the day.

Brutal to have to stay in the same building that they are renovating.

Have stayed on third floor facing the pool (and furthest away, room 317) and the noise from the breakfast woke me there also. Also stayed on second floor just above the resturant and that was annoying with the scraping sound from when the metal chairs was pulled in and out 1000 times every morning. Guess they never heard of furniture pads. 

I have free cancellation until end of may so Im going to wait for reports from people on the ground before cancelling. Hopefully they finished the demolishing phase when I arrive, that should be the loudest I guess. I stayed at Lk residence corner studio when they where building the Edge condos it so cant be worse than that.

Looking forward to reports in this thread from people staying in May.

Edited by swede37