IGNORED

ARECA LODGE

scrunge

Just now, jerkmcgerk said:

Thank you Greg! Now to decide between Areca and VT6!

I'd go Areca, as the location is so good

hi well ive got 6 days booked in a deluxe plus room next September/October,

always wanted to try this place (im a bit of a cheap charlie so this is quite something for me ! 😊)

certainly looks good, on my recent trip i actually stayed at the Diana oasis estate and must say it was very nice, but i was only able to get 6 days there on my newly booked trip, in between these two im staying a week at Sutus court sort of a cheap charlie alternative im experimenting with !

Cheers Beet

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

10 hours ago, beethoven said:

hi well ive got 6 days booked in a deluxe plus room next September/October,

always wanted to try this place (im a bit of a cheap charlie so this is quite something for me ! 😊)

certainly looks good, on my recent trip i actually stayed at the Diana oasis estate and must say it was very nice, but i was only able to get 6 days there on my newly booked trip, in between these two im staying a week at Sutus court sort of a cheap charlie alternative im experimenting with !

Cheers Beet

i was a cheap charlie too but when you try a good place once the +/- 200-300$ doenst make a difference after. confort and good sleep is important on  a long trip.

Does anyone know if there’s a huge difference between the standard plus rooms and the deluxe plus rooms? Aside from the pool view, they don’t look that different in the pics on agoda….

Edited by wallywest

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

3 minutes ago, wallywest said:

Does anyone know if there’s a huge difference between the standard plus rooms and the deluxe plus rooms? Aside from the pool view, they don’t look that different in the pics on agoda….

Rooms are the same, deluxe plus face the pools and standard plus room in areca building and corona building face each other.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, wallywest said:

The "Plus" rooms are newly renovated.  The non pool view rooms just face the back of the building.  In the Areca building they face straight into the Centara building, and the Areca Corona building.  I personally think these are some of the worst rooms at Areca, as they face right into other balconies, and worst of all every unit has an AC outside blasting away on it making all sorts of noise in an area that is pretty narrow.  It's worth it for the pool view rooms, just because they are a lot more peaceful.  Two sides of the Corona building back up against other buildings, so if you do have to go standard I would try for the Corona wing. 

Areca hotel

Check if the room has a walk-in shower.

I've stayed in an Executive Room on Floor 4. Room itself was excellent but the bathroom was rather cramped, and the shower was over the bath.

In March 2023 I was on Floor 5. Room a bit smaller, but renovated and smart. Bathroom much better with roomy walk-in shower. Much better when you take a TG to the room!

Think the room rate was a bit less than Floor 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

I personally think these are some of the worst rooms at Areca, as they face right into other balconies, and worst of all every unit has an AC outside blasting away on it making all sorts of noise in an area that is pretty narrow.  It's worth it for the pool view rooms, just because they are a lot more peaceful.  Two sides of the Corona building back up against other buildings, so if you do have to go standard I would try for the Corona wing. 

Thankyou, that’s good info…I actually already have the deluxe pool view room booked and was considering changing to the standard plus, but it sounds like it’s worth sticking with my current booking. Cheers.

and thanks to @Bonkabit and @swede37 as well…all input greatly appreciated.

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

On 05/04/2024 at 22:17, PGSTC776 said:

The "Plus" rooms are newly renovated.  The non pool view rooms just face the back of the building.  In the Areca building they face straight into the Centara building, and the Areca Corona building.  I personally think these are some of the worst rooms at Areca, as they face right into other balconies, and worst of all every unit has an AC outside blasting away on it making all sorts of noise in an area that is pretty narrow.  It's worth it for the pool view rooms, just because they are a lot more peaceful.  Two sides of the Corona building back up against other buildings, so if you do have to go standard I would try for the Corona wing. 

All the rooms both in the Acrea and Corona building have been renovated. 

Both sides of the Corona don't back up against other buildings. One side overlooks the back pool. The other side overlooks the ally way between the Corona and the Areca buildings. 

I have stayed in both Areca and Corona rooms, and I have never been bothered by noise from the units on the balconies as well of not having the feeling of the balconies being that close together. 

I now stay at the back Evergreen Building mostly because of the location back on Soi 15 and better access to the back pool.

• Like 3

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

4 hours ago, LeoTex said:

All the rooms both in the Acrea and Corona building have been renovated.

Right, they are labeled "Plus" on Agoda.  When you book a "Plus" room, you'll get a room in one of the two buildings.  If an option isn't labeled "Plus", it's not in Corona, or Areca, and not renovated (with the sole exception of Executive rooms). 

Both sides of the Corona don't back up against other buildings. One side overlooks the back pool. The other side overlooks the ally way between the Corona and the Areca buildings. 

Right... the back side looks into Areca.  You can simply go on to google maps and look at the way everything is situated.  It's not as close to the Areca building as the back side of Areca is to Centara, but they are still pretty damn close.  

I have stayed in both Areca and Corona rooms, and I have never been bothered by noise from the units on the balconies as well of not having the feeling of the balconies being that close together. 

To each his own, but I'll never stay on the back side of the Areca wing.  It's noisy as hell, and maybe 25 feet apart from Centara.  All of those units (Centara, as well as Areca) have their ACs on their balconies; you'd have to be def  to not hear them with the doors closed let alone sitting outside. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have the luxury rooms in the Evergreen wing been renovated as well?

2 hours ago, ruudebwoy77 said:

Have the luxury rooms in the Evergreen wing been renovated as well?

No.

• Like 1

Just to reiterate how loud the backside (non pool view) rooms can be on their balconies I ran across a YouTube clip highlighting how it is in one of the better units (across from Corona, instead of looking into Centara, though you can kind of still see the Centara building on the left).

It's loud.  

Link

Edited by PGSTC776

I posted a comment on this elsewhere months after my stay at Areca, funny thing is, I had such a good time on that trip that I have forgotten all about Wifi,  and do not hesitate to stay at Areca again.

Grumpy Old Fart  reconsidering😆

Interestingly (although this might be a common thing) I was able to book a Standard Plus King sized room on Agoda. It didn't mention anything about which building. However, when I went to Areca's actual website, the only room type that was available was the old-school Superior "futon" room, which I imagine must be in the Evergreen building since it was not labeled as "plus". Considering that I booked what seems to be a much larger and nicer room in Centara Azure for the first week I'm in Pattaya, I'm not sure if I'll keep the reservation at Areca. I've always wanted to try this hotel out, but after reading through the last 5 or so pages of this thread, I have my doubts. Good thing my Agoda reservation doesn't even charge me for another few weeks, just in case.

42 minutes ago, Starfighter99 said:

Interestingly (although this might be a common thing) I was able to book a Standard Plus King sized room on Agoda. It didn't mention anything about which building. However, when I went to Areca's actual website, the only room type that was available was the old-school Superior "futon" room, which I imagine must be in the Evergreen building since it was not labeled as "plus". Considering that I booked what seems to be a much larger and nicer room in Centara Azure for the first week I'm in Pattaya, I'm not sure if I'll keep the reservation at Areca. I've always wanted to try this hotel out, but after reading through the last 5 or so pages of this thread, I have my doubts. Good thing my Agoda reservation doesn't even charge me for another few weeks, just in case.

If it's a "plus" on Agoda it's renovated, so you should be good on that end even if the only thing showing available on Areca are the older rooms.

Centara is a decent hotel.  Since I frequent tree town, and LK a lot when I'm in town I prefer Areca's location.  Obviously they are super close, so it's not really that much of a difference, but it's enough for me that I'll usually always choose Areca first.

5 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

If it's a "plus" on Agoda it's renovated, so you should be good on that end even if the only thing showing available on Areca are the older rooms.

Centara is a decent hotel.  Since I frequent tree town, and LK a lot when I'm in town I prefer Areca's location.  Obviously they are super close, so it's not really that much of a difference, but it's enough for me that I'll usually always choose Areca first.

I, per usual, spoke too soon about Centara Azure. I was just watching some YouTube videos about the rooms, including the room type that I booked. It's actually a bit smaller than the Areca room and has the faucet/sink in the main room area, and the shower is a part of the main room as well. Hygienically, that's a "no way" from me. I think I'll probably keep the Areca room for my 2nd week; unfortunately, the only available room for my first week in Areca is a 2-Twin bed room, so I'll keep looking. Appreciate the response!

5 hours ago, Starfighter99 said:

I, per usual, spoke too soon about Centara Azure. I was just watching some YouTube videos about the rooms, including the room type that I booked. It's actually a bit smaller than the Areca room and has the faucet/sink in the main room area, and the shower is a part of the main room as well. Hygienically, that's a "no way" from me. I think I'll probably keep the Areca room for my 2nd week; unfortunately, the only available room for my first week in Areca is a 2-Twin bed room, so I'll keep looking. Appreciate the response!

Centara Azure is a dark and dank shithole compared to Areca Lodge

I didn't realise that there was so much variation in the rooms at Areca Lodge.

I have booked a "Super Deluxe Room" which is listed as having a balcony and is 430 sq feet in size and has a 'city view' (pictured).

The others that they have are the Deluxe Plus and Standard Plus. They are smaller at 344 sq feet, but seem to look over a pool.

Are the "Super Deluxe Room" likely to be the noisier rooms?
balcony.thumb.jpg.381d0aaf4e884e90e04b635afd2db6a0.jpg

5 hours ago, billybob69 said:

I have booked a "Super Deluxe Room" which is listed as having a balcony and is 430 sq feet in size and has a 'city view' (pictured).

The others that they have are the Deluxe Plus and Standard Plus. They are smaller at 344 sq feet, but seem to look over a pool.

That view is taken from about the 5th floor of the Evergreen Building look towards the front of the complex on Soi Diana.

I have stayed in all 3 buildings in the Areca and never had any noise problems. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

15 hours ago, billybob69 said:

Anything that isn't listed as "plus" is non-renovated, and in the Evergreen building.  The "plus" rooms will be in the Areca (closest to Soi Diana), or Corona (middle) buildings.  I personally would not stay in a non-renovated room at Areca, as they are pretty shabby for the rate.  As to the noise level, the only rooms I think have excessive noise issues are actually in the newly renovated buildings.  The "standard" plus rooms tend to have their balconies facing other buildings, and all of them have air con going on the back; unless you're hard of hearing the drum of them all going while sitting out there can get fairly annoying.

Here is a video highlighting the issue: https://youtu.be/eRIjj_2K30g?feature=shared&t=370

Edited by PGSTC776

2 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

Anything that isn't listed as "plus" is non-renovated, and in the Evergreen building.  The "plus" rooms will be in the Areca (closest to Soi Diana), or Corona (middle) buildings.  I personally would not stay in a non-renovated room at Areca, as they are pretty shabby for the rate.  As to the noise level, the only rooms I think have excessive noise issues are actually in the newly renovated buildings.  The "standard" plus rooms tend to have their balconies facing other buildings, and all of them have air con going on the back; unless you're hard of hearing the drum of them all going while sitting out there can get fairly annoying.

Here is a video highlighting the issue: https://youtu.be/eRIjj_2K30g?feature=shared&t=370

Capture.PNG

Edited by Greg_B
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Greg_B said:

Capture.PNG

Yes, the lone exception being the Executive. 

The point is the non-renovated (non "plus") rooms are nearly the same price, and pretty shabby.  IMO they are to be avoided. 

Edited by PGSTC776

39 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

Yes, the lone exception being the Executive. 

The point is the non-renovated (non "plus") rooms are nearly the same price, and pretty shabby.  IMO they are to be avoided. 

Which rooms in the Areca and Corano building have not been rej0vated?

17 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Which rooms in the Areca and Corano building have not been rej0vated?

None.  Only Evergreen rooms have not been renovated at this point, and they don't have "Plus" in their title.  All rooms with "plus" in the title (with the exception of the Executive rooms) are in either Areca, or Corona.