IGNORED

ARECA LODGE

scrunge

18 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I booked to stay there on the 26th May in the new Deluxe Plus Room for over 3 weeks , but on arrival was given the 5th floor room which when I went into the room and after 10 minutes the aircon was not blowing cold air and the room was hot.

So phoned reception and was shown another room on the same floor, same again as the first one.

Then was given the option of two other rooms which was not the Deluxe Plus Room and these were in bad condition and had the baths instead of the walk in showers.

After trying all the above, I ask for a full refund and then went to the Page 10, good quality rooms with good aircon, which I went for there bigger room, only one slight disadvantage was the roof pool as this is not as big as the two pools at Areca Lodge. Shame as I have used this hotel many times, but was very happy at my move to Page 10 hotel.        

Curious if the Page 10 hotel required payment in full on check in?

28 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

Curious if the Page 10 hotel required payment in full on check in?

Sorry , slow server my end, please delete. 

Edited by SteveB

17 hours ago, Laid Back Larry said:

I have been here in Areca 48 hours and give it high ratngs on all points - exept one. No Internet in the room except first evening. This is  dealbreaker for me. Would I stay in a hotel with no running water to shower or electricity to run aircon? No.

But I can use my mobile or ask to be moved to another room. These evasive measures are not good enough for me, it means the Management does nothing.

I will not report my dissatisfaction in one more   customer Surrey card when Checking out, just to get ignored. Each to his own, I won't stay here again. The Management cannot be listening

17 hours ago, Laid Back Larry said:

WiFi worked again last night and this morning.

The issue really is that Mgm does not take action despite lots of feedback. Customer can only vote with our feet.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Laid Back Larry said:

Go buy an unlimited 5g card and put in your phone and forget about the wifi. Its 999b for a month, not really worth ruining your holiday arguing with hotel management over?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, swede37 said:

Go buy an unlimited 5g card and put in your phone and forget about the wifi. Its 999b for a month, not really worth ruining your holiday arguing with hotel management over?

Can I then connect my PC to the net. I work professionally onthe pc and the touch screen on a mobile is not an option

2 minutes ago, Laid Back Larry said:

Can I then connect my PC to the net. I work professionally onthe pc and the touch screen on a mobile is not an option

If you PC has wfifi you can enable hotspot on your phone, if not a quick and nasty (but easy) solution is to enable USB/hotspot on your phone and plug your phone into your PC/USB.    Another way is to buy an LTE router .. they have a sim card slot and you can connect your PC via ethernet or wifi .. more stable and better mobile network reception than a phone (so faster too)

• Thanks 1
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

just finished up a 7 night stay overall was happy with the hotel room and pool area only downside was the wifi was terrible my whatsapp would not work atall and they was doing work to one of the wings which would wake me up each morning but i suppose being low season it’s the only time they could do it.

6 hours ago, mark joseph123 said:

just finished up a 7 night stay overall was happy with the hotel room and pool area only downside was the wifi was terrible my whatsapp would not work atall and they was doing work to one of the wings which would wake me up each morning but i suppose being low season it’s the only time they could do it.

I'm there now (Evergreen Building) and having no problems with the internet connection. 

Can connect to all sights and apps and the speed is pretty good as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 3 months later...

When I was here last (back in December 2022) it was mentioned to me that they were going to start renovating the Corona wing.  Anybody have any info on that?  Have they done anything?

It looks like the renovating of the Corona Wing is nearly finished, all the windows and doors have been replaced and last night as I walked by I saw a few lights on in the top 2 floors so maybe they have even re-started letting people into those floors.

I have no idea what the renovated rooms look like!

1 hour ago, tobeornottobe said:

What rooms have a walk in.shower

Not sure, but if like the Areca building remodel it was all the the rooms except the 2nd floor were converted to walk-in showers and the bath tubs removed. 

Like what @kd_travellersaid, when I was staying there last month, looked they were coming along pretty good.

All new door and windows installed, painting the out side balconies. 

I'm only guessing, but they could be finished in time for the December start of hi season.  

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 10/10/2023 at 14:29, LeoTex said:

Not sure, but if like the Areca building remodel it was all the the rooms except the 2nd floor were converted to walk-in showers and the bath tubs removed. 

Like what @kd_travellersaid, when I was staying there last month, looked they were coming along pretty good.

All new door and windows installed, painting the out side balconies. 

I'm only guessing, but they could be finished in time for the December start of hi season.  

I called in and the word is they will be finished by the end of October/early November.  If only they'd fix the shit wifi here. 

On 20/06/2023 at 18:31, Laid Back Larry said:

I have been here in Areca 48 hours and give it high ratngs on all points - exept one. No Internet in the room except first evening. This is  dealbreaker for me. Would I stay in a hotel with no running water to shower or electricity to run aircon? No.

But I can use my mobile or ask to be moved to another room. These evasive measures are not good enough for me, it means the Management does nothing.

I will not report my dissatisfaction in one more   customer Surrey card when Checking out, just to get ignored. Each to his own, I won't stay here again. The Management cannot be listening

reaker for

D

St 

Have to say Larry. You dont sound very “laid back”

anyway, yes I’ve always found the Wi-Fi there to be a joke

On 11/10/2023 at 06:50, tobeornottobe said:

Hi Mate

when you book your room just look at the pics…if you choose a room it will have the shower pictured…

I made sure I always picked the walk in shower …never had a problem..

Hope this helps

4 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

If only they'd fix the shit wifi here. 

I stayed there last month and found the wi-fi ok.  There seemed to be a new login system using your room number and name and the previous system of a code on a piece of paper was only for the public areas like the swimming pools. So maybe along with the new login system they have upgraded the wi-fi too, only time will tell!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hilo said:

Hi Mate

when you book your room just look at the pics…if you choose a room it will have the shower pictured…

I made sure I always picked the walk in shower …never had a problem..

Hope this helps

If you check the "standard plus room" you get this photo of the bathroom.

Screenshot2023-10-13at09_30_06.thumb.jpg.d437c779a2546cd369c2604728d03251.jpgThat looks like a shower over bath.

If you check the "deluxe plus room" you get this photoScreenshot2023-10-13at09_29_27.thumb.jpg.3d85acd2325a5091bfdd87aae9946f65.jpgThat looks like the same photo from a different angle.

The "superior room" and "super deluxe room" don't have any photo of the bathroom at all.

The "Executive room" has this photoScreenshot2023-10-13at09_36_48.thumb.jpg.149cfaa3cb0e1a975f81dea3a2abd7c6.jpgShower over bath again.

"Luxury Room" and "Patio suite" again, no photo of bathroom.

These are from the Areca Lodge website. Maybe I will try Agoda instead!

Sent from my Panasonic Microwave Oven.

On Agoda....

"Standard Plus 2 Single Beds" It looks like shower over bath.Screenshot2023-10-13at09_30_06.thumb.jpg.9cdcac0f51b8848d77bcdea00f84a5b1.jpg"Standard Plus 1 King Bed", Hmm, not too sureScreenshot2023-10-13at09_45_02.thumb.jpg.b86ad8a1b892d89ad942cba84d678af3.jpgDeluxe Plus Twin Room. Shower over bath

Screenshot2023-10-13at09_48_28.thumb.jpg.41dc5dbed5b15ac141dbec9a386dcf4a.jpg"Superior Deluxe Double Bed" this......finally good evidence of a bath!Screenshot2023-10-13at09_49_52.thumb.jpg.d2a466f9a53dc73d6aa2c5be7e42daae.jpgDeluxe pool View King Room", this...Screenshot2023-10-13at09_51_51.thumb.jpg.76e140eb8d3628c978a918244e1612a3.jpgBut also this...Screenshot2023-10-13at09_53_29.thumb.jpg.e444107047b87274d860baf900faa34f.jpgThat is a shower or a bath, I cannot say conclusively!

"Luxury family suite" No photos of bathroom.

On 10/10/2023 at 20:50, tobeornottobe said:

Email the hotel directly and ask. They will get back to you pronto.

[email protected]

2 hours ago, kd_traveller said:

I stayed there last month and found the wi-fi ok.  There seemed to be a new login system using your room number and name and the previous system of a code on a piece of paper was only for the public areas like the swimming pools. So maybe along with the new login system they have upgraded the wi-fi too, only time will tell!

Every few pages, there is someone saying that they stayed there and the wifi was ok. 🤷‍♂️

I no longer bother with it. At certain "quiet" times, it may be possible to login and use the internet, but it is not to be relied upon. Get a data plan!

1 hour ago, purescience said:

If you check the "standard plus room" you get this photo of the bathroom.

Screenshot2023-10-13at09_30_06.thumb.jpg.d437c779a2546cd369c2604728d03251.jpgThat looks like a shower over bath.

If you check the "deluxe plus room" you get this photoScreenshot2023-10-13at09_29_27.thumb.jpg.3d85acd2325a5091bfdd87aae9946f65.jpgThat looks like the same photo from a different angle.

The "superior room" and "super deluxe room" don't have any photo of the bathroom at all.

The "Executive room" has this photoScreenshot2023-10-13at09_36_48.thumb.jpg.149cfaa3cb0e1a975f81dea3a2abd7c6.jpgShower over bath again.

"Luxury Room" and "Patio suite" again, no photo of bathroom.

These are from the Areca Lodge website. Maybe I will try Agoda instead!

Hi Mate

Yes these pics show the bathtub, so that is what you will get.

If you go through the rooms on booking.com until you get to the room with the bathroom with the shower without a bathtub that is what you will get.

So sorry Mate I am very old so can’t attach photos.

But let me assure you..I have done this..

If you go through the pics and find the room with a shower without a bath…that is what you will get.

Gee I hope this helps …

Thanks Hilo

Edited by Hilo

2 hours ago, purescience said:

Get a data plan!

Absolutely. And this goes for 90+% of hotels I have stayed in all around Thailand. Granted, I rarely stay in hi so places. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The walk in shower situation for the deluxe plus rooms is a little confusing, because they have deluxe plus units with both the walk in shower, and the tub.  All the deluxe plus units on the 2nd floor have the shower in tub, and the rest have walk in showers. 

If you request a shower in tub deluxe plus, you will be given a 2nd floor unit... no others have it.  

After a month long stay in the Areca wing in deluxe plus units, my personal feeling is to stay away from the 5th floor as it gets hot as balls, and sometimes the AC units struggle, and avoid the 2nd floor units as the tubs suck.  To each their own.

10 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

The walk in shower situation for the deluxe plus rooms is a little confusing, because they have deluxe plus units with both the walk in shower, and the tub.  All the deluxe plus units on the 2nd floor have the shower in tub, and the rest have walk in showers. 

If you request a shower in tub deluxe plus, you will be given a 2nd floor unit... no others have it.  

After a month long stay in the Areca wing in deluxe plus units, my personal feeling is to stay away from the 5th floor as it gets hot as balls, and sometimes the AC units struggle, and avoid the 2nd floor units as the tubs suck.  To each their own.

True, as per my post here:

I booked to stay there on the 26th May in the new Deluxe Plus Room for over 3 weeks , but on arrival was given the 5th floor room which when I went into the room and after 10 minutes the aircon was not blowing cold air and the room was hot.

So phoned reception and was shown another room on the same floor, same again as the first one.

Then was given the option of two other rooms which was not the Deluxe Plus Room and these were in bad condition and had the baths instead of the walk in showers.

After trying all the above, I ask for a full refund and then went to the Page 10, good quality rooms with good aircon, which I went for there bigger room, only one slight disadvantage was the roof pool as this is not as big as the two pools at Areca Lodge. Shame as I have used this hotel many times, but was very happy at my move to Page 10 hotel.