Deluxe Corona 1550 1750 2250
Deluxe Plus Areca 1850 2100 2600
Superior Evergreen 1750 2000 2500
Super Deluxe Evergreen 1850 2100 2600
Executive Areca 2250 2500 3000
Luxury Evergreen 2490 2740 3240
Patio Suite Evergreen 4700 5200 6200
Remark:
  • Extra Bed Charge : 500 Baht / pax for child 6 years up + adult ( Bed + ABF )
  • Extra Person Charge : 500 Baht / pax
  • Above rates are net and inclusive of buffet breakfast.
  • All rates shown here are for single and double occupancy with twin beds or double bed.
  • Children under 6 years old stay free of charge when using existing beds.
  • Check in time is 14.00 hrs. Check out time is 11:30 hrs.
  • Monthly rates are available.
  • Rates are subject to change without notice.
  • Pet is not allowed.
  • Smoking is not allowed in the hotel.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

1 hour ago, LeoTex said:

RATES 2022 - 2023

(All rates are in Thai Baht)

ROOM TYPE TOWER 2022 2022 - 2023 Surcharge
1 Jul - 31 Oct 1 Nov 22 - 28 Feb 23 30,31 Dec 22 & 1 Jan 23
Per room Per Night
Standard Corona 1490 1690 2190
Standard Plus Areca 1750 2000 2500
Deluxe Corona 1550 1750 2250
Deluxe Plus Areca 1850 2100 2600
Superior Evergreen 1750 2000 2500
Super Deluxe Evergreen 1850 2100 2600
Executive Areca 2250 2500 3000
Luxury Evergreen 2490 2740 3240
Patio Suite Evergreen 4700 5200 6200
Remark:
  • Extra Bed Charge : 500 Baht / pax for child 6 years up + adult ( Bed + ABF )
  • Extra Person Charge : 500 Baht / pax
  • Above rates are net and inclusive of buffet breakfast.
  • All rates shown here are for single and double occupancy with twin beds or double bed.
  • Children under 6 years old stay free of charge when using existing beds.
  • Check in time is 14.00 hrs. Check out time is 11:30 hrs.
  • Monthly rates are available.
  • Rates are subject to change without notice.
  • Pet is not allowed.
  • Smoking is not allowed in the hotel.

Lower prices are available on Google Maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Areca+Lodge+Pattaya/@12.9300045,100.8826885,18.22z/data=!4m9!3m8!1s0x3102960ec0767c05:0x2ab58e66bc647d4!5m3!1s2022-06-11!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d12.9296738!4d100.883505

For example, when I click on the Agoda option in Google Maps, I am offered a renovated Executive room for only 1726 baht per night, compared to 2250 baht on the Areca Lodge's official price list.

That is a 524 baht saving.

Both prices include taxes, fees, and a good buffet breakfast.

Areca.png

Edited by Andrew123

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone ever stayed in the 2 bedroom Patio Suite in the Evergreen building?  Ground floor, 2 bedroom and bathrooms. 120m, huge unit. Wondering if it’s any good. The website photos look ok, but nothing compares to an actual review. 

2 hours ago, Ballon said:

Has anyone ever stayed in the 2 bedroom Patio Suite in the Evergreen building?  Ground floor, 2 bedroom and bathrooms. 120m, huge unit. Wondering if it’s any good. The website photos look ok, but nothing compares to an actual review. 

Yep - but only for two nights.  I stayed at the Areca for 10 nights but the Patio Suite was only available on my first two nights - I then moved to a room in Evergreen side of the hotel.

The suite is great, and the living room area is really good and a nice pace to hang out.  I didn't miss it when I moved out though, and would not book it again because:

• If it was just one bedroom and the living room it would be fantastic, but it was a waste having another bedroom I never used.  It seemed like a lot of extra money just for somewhere to keep my empty suitcase.....
  • The patio area was tiny and never got any sun
  • The patio area only has a bamboo screen blocking you from the main entrance pathway to the Evergreen side of the hotel, so you hear all the drunks coming back.
  • As it was on the ground level and away a bit from any security I never felt safe enough to sleep with the windows open.

I was much more comfortable in the Super Deluxe room with the balcony overlooking the pool.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

Yep - but only for two nights.  I stayed at the Areca for 10 nights but the Patio Suite was only available on my first two nights - I then moved to a room in Evergreen side of the hotel.

The suite is great, and the living room area is really good and a nice pace to hang out.  I didn't miss it when I moved out though, and would not book it again because:

• If it was just one bedroom and the living room it would be fantastic, but it was a waste having another bedroom I never used.  It seemed like a lot of extra money just for somewhere to keep my empty suitcase.....
  • The patio area was tiny and never got any sun
  • The patio area only has a bamboo screen blocking you from the main entrance pathway to the Evergreen side of the hotel, so you hear all the drunks coming back.
  • As it was on the ground level and away a bit from any security I never felt safe enough to sleep with the windows open.

I was much more comfortable in the Super Deluxe room with the balcony overlooking the pool.

Thanks mate, much appreciated, I am trying to get my bearings for where the patio suite is located within the Evergreen building, my concern is the construction that is going on in Soi 15, the Evergreen backs on to this.  But I know the Evergreen building is L-Shaped, so not sure where within the building the Patio Suite actually is.  We need a two bedroom unit, hence why I am considering this as an option...

On 11/06/2022 at 02:35, Andrew123 said:

For example, when I click on the Agoda option in Google Maps, I am offered a renovated Executive room for only 1726 baht per night, compared to 2250 baht on the Areca Lodge's official price list.

That is a 524 baht saving.

Both prices include taxes, fees, and a good buffet breakfast.

The copy and paste says "1726 bahts after tax and fees''

I have a suspicion this means one pays the nett rate plus tax and fees!! i.e. the 1726 THB rate is after tax and fees are deducted.

On Agoda and perhaps other sites, all is not always precisely what it seems.

Areca Lodge, when I stayed there pre-Covid, had a discount scheme called Ace Club. Worked out as value once one was staying for three nights or more. Worth checking.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have recent experience with the WiFi quality/stability?  The last time I was here was a few days in 2019, and the WiFi was atrocious in Evergreen.  

Thinking of staying in the newly updated Areca rooms, but if the WiFi is still crap I'll probably pass. 

2 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

Anybody have recent experience with the WiFi quality/stability?  The last time I was here was a few days in 2019, and the WiFi was atrocious in Evergreen.  

Thinking of staying in the newly updated Areca rooms, but if the WiFi is still crap I'll probably pass. 

No problems when I was there in May 2022. I stayed in a Deluxe Pool Room (Areca side)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greg_B said:

No problems when I was there in May 2022. I stayed in a Deluxe Pool Room (Areca side)

Did you mean Deluxe Plus Room with Pool View?

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

17 minutes ago, Revanchist said:

Did you mean Deluxe Plus Room with Pool View?

Yes

Nice view and room, the AC is very cold, water pressure is great, and the hot water wasn't an issue

Edited by Greg_B

On 02/07/2022 at 17:17, PGSTC776 said:

I'm currently staying in the Evergreen Building.

The wifi is working well and having no problem with login and speed. 

In fact I'm on it as I post. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I was just there a week or two ago. The wifi wasn’t a problem. Beware of the old building though. Surprisingly poor quality rooms - being presented with the block of wood with a key hanging off it kinda gave it away at check-in.

Paid a bit more and moved to the main building. I would guess that the monthly rates they currently have available are in that old bldg (by the way, I was quoted 24k to 28k monthly, no breakfast). 

5 hours ago, tps said:

I was just there a week or two ago. The wifi wasn’t a problem. Beware of the old building though. Surprisingly poor quality rooms - being presented with the block of wood with a key hanging off it kinda gave it away at check-in.

Paid a bit more and moved to the main building. I would guess that the monthly rates they currently have available are in that old bldg (by the way, I was quoted 24k to 28k monthly, no breakfast). 

Yes, also to note on them monthly rates. You only get your room cleaned 3 days a week. I was offered that but went with the full rate payment each day, so I get the room cleaned everyday.

How quiet are the deluxe plus rooms?  I’m a very light sleeper and sensitive to noise, given its location I’m a little afraid of the noise nearby 

have hard rock booked the first week and thinking about booking areca the second week, thanks 

I stayed in a deluxe plus room and i had no problems with outside noise. I'm booked deluxe plus again for my October trip

Just looked on the web site at a few different room types and it looks like,  even in the updated rooms,  you have to stand in the bath tub to take a shower.    This is a total and absolute deal breaker for me.   Would not hire a room like that at any price.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, ocka said:

> looks like,  even in the updated rooms,  you have to stand in the bath tub to take a shower.    This is a total and absolute deal breaker for me.  

I was there in March, Executive room number 4 on 4th floor. Room itself was spacious and well fitted but:

Bathroom was narrow, bit cramped. Shower was over the bath.

Small balcony had aircon unit on it, blowing out the hot air from the room. Not good to sit on balcony to breath in fresh air.

Breakfast buffet was only just OK, probably due to low occupancy. When I've been there before pre-Covid, breakfast was excellent.

1 hour ago, ocka said:

even in the updated rooms,  you have to stand in the bath tub to take a shower. 

I am not sure this is correct as according to Areca's website

image.png.73938afada6d1e39900292edbc6830e5.png

I think this only applies in the updated Areca Building.

On 08/07/2022 at 00:40, ocka said:

Just looked on the web site at a few different room types and it looks like,  even in the updated rooms,  you have to stand in the bath tub to take a shower.    This is a total and absolute deal breaker for me.   Would not hire a room like that at any price.

The Plus rooms have a shower with no tub bottom. look for the Deluxe Plus and or Standard Plus rooms

On 07/07/2022 at 21:40, ocka said:

Nah.  If you check out this guy’s video you’ll see an updated deluxe plus with a walk in shower.  The bathroom is pretty unimpressive, but it’s walk in. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, PGSTC776 said:

Nah.  If you check out this guy’s video you’ll see an updated deluxe plus with a walk in shower.  The bathroom is pretty unimpressive, but it’s walk in. 

Is that the deluxe plus?  That room, and the bathroom, are both tiny….

On 08/07/2022 at 11:40, ocka said:

The new remodeled side is not like that.

4 hours ago, Samf said:

Is that the deluxe plus?  That room, and the bathroom, are both tiny….

The standard plus and deluxe plus are both 32 sq. meters; it looks like only the deluxe plus on the 2nd floor have bathtubs, the rest walk in showers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any one have any idea what their "gym" is like?  I'm booked in there, the hotel not  the gym this Septeber.  My intent is to use it for a few workouts.  The photos look ok online.  Thanks

32 minutes ago, Tommy622 said:

Any one have any idea what their "gym" is like? 

I have stayed at Areca; the gym is small and has basic equipment only.

Suits me for maybe 30 minutes ride exercise bike and to do light weight lifting and some other exercises.

If you need to do more extended workout, you will want a bigger gym with more equipment.

Suggest you get info on possibilities if the Areca gym sounds inadequate. Then decide once you get there.

There have been threads on Gyms, check 'Search'.