IGNORED

ARECA LODGE

scrunge

On 06/10/2020 at 11:44, kd_traveller said:

No it is not from 2017, it is outside the front and back of the hotel now in October 2020!

Yes correct. You can see the remolded front of the Areca that was just done last year. 

Its current and not from 2017  

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 4 months later...

Does anyone know if the remodeled rooms in the 1st building are the "plus" rooms on Agoda and their website?    Getting a nice rate for my 15 night stay in May for 1100B including breakfast and might pull the trigger at that price.  

Yes it is correct, the "plus" rooms in the Areca building are the remodelled room.

Incidentally, the Areca is currently running an offer of Baht18,000 including breakfast for a month, it does not say which rooms are included! 

12 hours ago, HimBadMan said:

Does anyone know if the remodeled rooms in the 1st building are the "plus" rooms on Agoda and their website?    Getting a nice rate for my 15 night stay in May for 1100B including breakfast and might pull the trigger at that price.  

May 2022?

17 minutes ago, HimBadMan said:

Ummm no May 2021

Do you know something I don't know - or are you doing the two week quaranteen before getting to the Areca?

15 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

Do you know something I don't know - or are you doing the two week quaranteen before getting to the Areca?

Yes.  Quarantine.   Came back to Thailand Nov and Dec.. and will be back in April for round 2.

• 1 month later...

I have booked the deluxe plus pool view king room. Are these the rooms which been renovated anybody know. 

5 hours ago, Basil1801 said:

I have booked the deluxe plus pool view king room. Are these the rooms which been renovated anybody know. 

The "Plus" rooms are the renovated rooms!

• 5 months later...

I'm keen to know if the renovation work has changed access to the rooms in the Corona wing?

I rarely sign a girl in unless I have to so these rooms suit me as they can both be accessed with ease without having to pass reception. 

I'm looking to make some bookings for next Feb and want to check that there's no change with this before I do.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I just stayed the second week of November 2021  in one of the newer deluxe plus pool view rooms and I would highly recommend. The hotel is very professionally run and I would stay there again especially during these covid times as most of the action was centered around Tree Town and Soi Buakhao. I did stay one night at Page 10 as it was on my list of hotels to try out and was really glad it was just the one night, 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, burgher said:

I did stay one night at Page 10 as it was on my list of hotels to try out and was really glad it was just the one night, 

thanks for the feedback, im searching for hotels in treetown area for new-years so i can cross off Page 10

5 hours ago, ThePope said:

thanks for the feedback, im searching for hotels in Treetown area for new-years so i can cross off Page 10

Yes, a lot of BM's swear by Page 10.

About 4 years ago, I stayed there one week to try it out.

I was not impressed. 

It was not bad but not good.

I had horrible internet but the restaurant was halfway decent.

The pool and gym are small.

Just a marginal experience.

20 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

Yes, a lot of BM's swear by Page 10.

About 4 years ago, I stayed there one week to try it out.

I was not impressed. 

It was not bad but not good.

I had horrible internet but the restaurant was halfway decent.

The pool and gym are small.

Just a marginal experience.

Location was good.  5 min walk to beach a bit more to LK Metro but not much more.  Shower and bathroom were very nice with walkout shower.  Bed was extremely firm.  Price was about the same as the Areca.  Pool and breakfast are so much better at Areca so I switched

• Like 1

I stayed there a couple times last year when I was in town. Breakfast was just OK but I enjoyed a swim in the afternoon. Then I made a 3 day booking and decided to stay in Bangkok so I canceled two days in advance. It was the hotel's policy that less than 3 days notice incurs a penalty of one night's stay. Agoda had a feature where you could request the hotel waive the penalty so I used it but never heard back from the property. I think the one night penalty amounted to 740 baht. They had the opportunity to earn customer loyalty, I'll book elsewhere from now on. 

• Like 2

Retired

• 4 months later...

Well the time has finally come... looking at flights for late this year.

Which Wing/Building is the one near the Cabana Pool, closest to Soi Diana/LK Metro/Main entrance ?

I know it's not Evergreen.   Also don't think it's the Corona (how long til they change the name?  haha).   Would it be the original Areca Building?   Didn't they renovate that building right before C19?    

50 minutes ago, vivalv2001 said:

Well the time has finally come... looking at flights for late this year.

Which Wing/Building is the one near the Cabana Pool, closest to Soi Diana/LK Metro/Main entrance ?

I know it's not Evergreen.   Also don't think it's the Corona (how long til they change the name?  haha).   Would it be the original Areca Building?   Didn't they renovate that building right before C19?    

From Soi Diana to the back, its the Areca, Corona and Evergreen buildings. 

Yes the Areca building as well as the lobby and restaurant have been redone.

I just spent 2 1/2 weeks in the back Evergreen building.  

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

42 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

From Soi Diana to the back, its the Areca, Corona and Evergreen buildings. 

Yes the Areca building as well as the lobby and restaurant have been redone.

I just spent 2 1/2 weeks in the back Evergreen building.  

How was the hotel overall? Was it empty or lots of guests and was the full breakfast on offer?

I'm staying there for a week in a couple of weeks. So your view would be really intetesting.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Warren Buffets son said:

How was the hotel overall? Was it empty or lots of guests and was the full breakfast on offer?

I'm staying there for a week in a couple of weeks. So your view would be really intetesting.

Thanks

I stayed there for a week a few months ago, stayed a night in the old building, but the next day , I paid extra to move to the new section. Only because the bed was far too firm for me, the new building have newer, more comfortable beds.

Most hotel included breakfasts are crap, the one at Areca is probably the best of a bad bunch, it was actually quite good, compared to similar priced hotels.

Edited by Syco
  • Like 3

Thanks for the timely replies.   Has anyone stayed in a renovated Executive Room in Areca Building?  I'm thinking the balcony and extra space will be nice along with being the closest walk to the action off Soi Diana/LK, etc.    I also like the front pool better for sunlight in the morning.  

3 hours ago, Warren Buffets son said:

Thanks

I was there for 2 1/2 weeks both at the end December and early January as well as the last couple of days in March thru the first 2 week of this month. 

It was fairly busy in December and was looked fuller last week. Its definitely not empty.   

The back lobby (Evergreen Building) is closed as well as that restaurant.

A full buffet breakfast is still offered from 6:30 to 10:30 AM in the restaurant by the front pool. 

I'm already booked again for late June and early July.   

• Like 1

On 11/10/2020 at 22:44, LeoTex said:

Yes correct. You can see the remolded front of the Areca that was just done last year. 

Its current and not from 2017  

they should have a wing named after you 

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

6 hours ago, vivalv2001 said:

>Has anyone stayed in a renovated Executive Room in Areca Building? 

Was there about 3 weeks ago with TG GF in Executive Suite 4E on 4th floor. Spacious and well-fitted, but two buts:

• Bathroom was a bit cramped with shower over the bath; I prefer walk-in shower.
  • Balcony was small with air conditioner unit on it pumping out noisy hot air, so not very usable.

I paid $AUD145 (3600THB) via Agoda for 3 nights plus 4pm late checkout on last day. Very good rate.

Breakfast, only so-so, was in the price. If you want a change, just walk a bit up Soi Diana for restaurants.

> I also like the front pool better for sunlight in the morning.  

Pool was fine, swam every day.

Would I stay again? Yes, but check what better rooms may be available.

Gyys - help me out here , its a bit confusing when I read about the Areca building, the Evergreen, the Corona building and what is renovated and not. 

I want a room  in the renovated part with the softer mattresses, not hard, and single large bed. When I look on Agoda I can choose between Standard Double Bed, Deluxe Pool view Double Bed, Executive (sold out on my dates),Deluxe Double Room, Std Plus 1 King Bed, Non smoking, Deluxe plus Pool view King room, Super Deluxe Double Bed, Deluxe King Room.

Sigh. 

So how  do I book a renovated room? I mind less where in the building  I am not in the room to look at the view, I am prepared to pay a premium to get what I want.

Advice pls