IGNORED

ARECA LODGE

scrunge

My apologies upfront I am an "old geezer", I stayed many times at Areca after many other places in Pattaya, if my memory serves me right, I always was in Evergreen with a bit of a view of a pool? Never made it to breakfast many times and most BF's were not interested (even my 3 day rule breakers).

Now it probably is a change of the times but I remember some delightful "bathtub" experiences with LLT girls. Then the prices went up and for all my latter trips I found "Boomerang Guesthouse" and that was my best times until 2018 (my last trip no 28 Dec 2018). You cannot fault Areca for its location and I always experienced great service.

Thanks for the reply.  It might work for me.  Starting with the best of intentions to stick with my routine, but the plan will probably fall apart fairly quickly once I hit the ground and get distracted.  

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

20+.  The hotels that are 18+ are few and far between, as technically they are violating the law.

Can you post the law that you're referring to?

I know the one about working in bars/with alcohol, and the one about prostitution. Am unaware of any stating what you're suggesting here.

20+.  The hotels that are 18+ are few and far between, as technically they are violating the law.

Then what about condos  ? I will book a room in  base condo if this is true. I think this is only way. 

Edited by kiev freak

I'm a little confused here.

Are they violating the law because they are not letting in the 18+ but are letting in the 20+?

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

4 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I'm a little confused here.

Are they violating the law because they are not letting in the 18+ but are letting in the 20+?

I have arranged for the Armored Car to pick you up at the airport 

• Haha 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

20 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

23 hours ago, kiev freak said:

Areca Lodge has also 20+ policy or just 18+ ok ?

Areca changed their policy some years ago to 18, confirmed in the thread below a couple of times in correspondence with Areca Lodge

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Cheap charlie alert, looking at booking Areca for 10 nights in March, is there a cheaper way to pre book it than Agoda, many thanks....

25 minutes ago, stevebenaulim said:

Cheap charlie alert, looking at booking Areca for 10 nights in March, is there a cheaper way to pre book it than Agoda, many thanks....

Maybe ask the hotel direct. arecalodge . com

Edited by ElSueco
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2022 at 14:26, kd_traveller said:

Areca changed their policy some years ago to 18, confirmed in the thread below a couple of times in correspondence with Areca Lodge

I stayed at the Corona ving  at Areca Lodge. I did never go through the reception but through the parking lot. The security guard never asked for Id from the girl

When I stayed at Areca ID was only checked if you took the girl to the reception desk otherwise just strolled through. I also understand that now the individual building receptions are no longer manned just front desk?

3 hours ago, stevebenaulim said:

Just about all the times I book with Areca, I do it for my next trip while I'm still there on my current trip.

However once home I wanted to book the hotel for a later second trip out and I just did it on there website. 

I just had to use my credit card for the fist night payment. 

I know you can book on the booking sites like Agoda, hotel.com or Bookit.com. and have to pay in advance.

Getting back your original question, I have found the prices about the same booking with the Areca compared to the booking sites.

One thing to remember is most of the hotel website prices include the taxes while the booking sites you need to add the 10% and 7% to their posted price when booking.  

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

21 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

However once home I wanted to book the hotel for a later second trip out and I just did it on there website. 

Sounds like Areca Lodge Is bucking the trend for having full payment ahead. Nice to know! I’m guessing that Areca Lodge (and probably other hotels) will treat proven customers a little better in terms of requiring advance payments.

6 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

Sounds like Areca Lodge Is bucking the trend for having full payment ahead. Nice to know! I’m guessing that Areca Lodge (and probably other hotels) will treat proven customers a little better in terms of requiring advance payments.

Yep, when I was there  weeks ago, they were almost fully booked for late December. 

I just had to pay for the first night to book my 2 1/2 stay for Christmas/New Year trip. 

46 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Just about all the times I book with Areca, I do it for my next trip while I'm still there on my current trip.

I know you can book on the booking sites like Agoda, hotel.com or Bookit.com. and have to pay in advance.

Getting back your original question, I have found the prices about the same booking with the Areca compared to the booking sites.

One thing to remember is most of the hotel website prices include the taxes while the booking sites you need to add the 10% and 7% to their posted price when booking.  

My experience from the UK is totally different, every stay at Areca was booked through Booking com all taxes etc were included and all were booked with free cancellation. I also got a room rate that was considerably less than the rate advertised at reception during my stays.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

want to book areca for end of february '23 and have 2 questions.

how bad is the noise coming from the construction site at the back entrance (avenue mall)?

is it true that the newer renovated rooms have a walk-in shower now? this old shower over the tub was a big dealbreaker for me, simply horrible.  

thanks in advance!

Edited by stiflers_dad

1 hour ago, stiflers_dad said:

want to book areca for end of february '23 and have 2 questions.

how bad is the noise coming from the construction site at the back entrance (avenue mall)?

is it true that the newer renovated rooms have a walk-in shower now? this old shower over the tub was a big dealbreaker for me, simply horrible.  

thanks in advance!

When I was there in September they were working behind the back Areca Evergreen Building which I stayed in. I couldn't hear any of the work being done.

Now they have moved further toward Soi Buakhao and not working behind the Areca.

The new renovated rooms are in the front Areca Building and for sure no noise at all from any construction. 

Yes the renovated rooms have walk in showers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I always though they were a bit over priced till Leo Tex gave me a tour of the place when he was staying there his last trip. I if i were still coming on holiday here would stay there for sure it is one nice property.

• Like 3

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

1 hour ago, LeoTex said:

The new renovated rooms are in the front Areca Building and for sure no noise at all from any construction. 

Yes the renovated rooms have walk in showers. 

I stayed there in March in Executive room 4E on 4th floor. Yes, it had been renovated and was excellent standard but the bathroom was narrow and the shower was over the bath, meaning one has to climb in and out over the edge of the bath - just what one wants to avoid.

You should email to check that your room actually has a walk-in shower

1 hour ago, Soi7 said:

I always though they were a bit over priced till Leo Tex gave me a tour of the place when he was staying there his last trip. I if i were still coming on holiday here would stay there for sure it is one nice property.

Hmmm, that is odd...

@Soi7 making a nice remark about @LeoTex  :Laugh1:

• Haha 2