IGNORED

ARECA LODGE

scrunge

20 minutes ago, Laid Back Larry said:

Gyys - help me out here , its a bit confusing when I read about the Areca building, the Evergreen, the Corona building and what is renovated and not. 

I want a room  in the renovated part with the softer mattresses, not hard, and single large bed. When I look on Agoda I can choose between Standard Double Bed, Deluxe Pool view Double Bed, Executive (sold out on my dates),Deluxe Double Room, Std Plus 1 King Bed, Non smoking, Deluxe plus Pool view King room, Super Deluxe Double Bed, Deluxe King Room.

Sigh. 

So how  do I book a renovated room? I mind less where in the building  I am not in the room to look at the view, I am prepared to pay a premium to get what I want.

Advice pls 

@LeoTex

It's his HQ when he is in Pattaya

28 minutes ago, Laid Back Larry said:

Gyys - help me out here , its a bit confusing when I read about the Areca building, the Evergreen, the Corona building and what is renovated and not. 

I want a room  in the renovated part with the softer mattresses, not hard, and single large bed. When I look on Agoda I can choose between Standard Double Bed, Deluxe Pool view Double Bed, Executive (sold out on my dates),Deluxe Double Room, Std Plus 1 King Bed, Non smoking, Deluxe plus Pool view King room, Super Deluxe Double Bed, Deluxe King Room.

Sigh. 

So how  do I book a renovated room? I mind less where in the building  I am not in the room to look at the view, I am prepared to pay a premium to get what I want.

Advice pls 

Go to their own site, has a detailed breakdown of the rooms.

http://www.arecalodge.com/rooms.html

Deluxe Plus is the renovated room. Here at the moment. Didn't care for the pool view so booked non pool view as its quieter on this side anyways. 

In my trip report from December 2021, took a video of the room and breakfast which should give an idea about expectations.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kickoff said:

Deluxe Plus is the renovated room. Here at the moment. Didn't care for the pool view so booked non pool view as its quieter on this side anyways. 

In my trip report from December 2021, took a video of the room and breakfast which should give an idea about expectations.

at their site now - they say  Deluxe Plus is twin bed but can be converted into king size bed. Did you have to request this and specify in advance?

image.png.fd19819bd9616c810dcd3298e3e62642.png

No, it should say king bed or maybe double bed. 

Twin beds will book you twin beds.

18 minutes ago, Kickoff said:

No, it should say king bed or maybe double bed. 

Twin beds will book you twin beds.

Issue is -  There is no option for Deluxe plus with King bed, hence my question of you asked for it in a mail and got confirmation. I am always weary of special requests getting screwed up. 

Maybe there was an option listed as Deluxe plus with King Bed when you booked, I don't know

2 minutes ago, Laid Back Larry said:

Issue is -  There is no option for Deluxe plus with King bed, hence my question of you asked for it in a mail and got confirmation. I am always weary of special requests getting screwed up. 

Maybe there was an option listed as Deluxe plus with King Bed when you booked, I don't know

I booked with that option,  no request. 

• 3 weeks later...

The last time I stayed for a stint in Areca (2019), the rooms were shit (at least in the evergreen wing where they stuck me).  I stayed for 2 days, canceled, and moved over to Sea Me Spring Too, which was much nicer.

Thinking of giving Areca another shot later this year.  How do the new refinished rooms hold up against a place like Page 10, or others on Soi 10?

• 2 weeks later...

I have Areca Lodge booked for my July trip. Booked a deluxe pool view room.

Glad I checked this thread! Looks like the deluxe plus rooms are all booked out for my dates, so I'm going to shop around I think...

10 hours ago, MattGTR said:

Glad I checked this thread! Looks like the deluxe plus rooms are all booked out for my dates, so I'm going to shop around I think...

Yes, those are the rooms I book if I stay there. They are the best rooms in my opinion.

Surprisingly you do not get much noise from LK or bar areas so if you get in early it is not a problem with noise.

On 22/09/2021 at 12:49, BlooBell said:

I'm keen to know if the renovation work has changed access to the rooms in the Corona wing?

I rarely sign a girl in unless I have to so these rooms suit me as they can both be accessed with ease without having to pass reception. 

I'm looking to make some bookings for next Feb and want to check that there's no change with this before I do.

Thanks

any info about this? i don't really appreciate the walk of shame also. Any good girls friendly hotel have accessed with ease without having to pass reception?

3 minutes ago, kodak.kid said:

i don't really appreciate the walk of shame also. Any good girls friendly hotel have accessed with ease without having to pass reception?

Reception in a hotel are just not interested, do not care. They see it all the time!

Some hotels take the girl's ID card and return it to her only on checking you are OK: not been drugged, robbed etc. Good protection for you.

Why should you be concerned?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kodak.kid said:

any info about this? i don't really appreciate the walk of shame also. Any good girls friendly hotel have accessed with ease without having to pass reception?

The LK Metropole has lift access from basement carpark the girl can use the lift straight to your floor or I just walk the girl in bypassing the desk and never had an issue.

1 hour ago, kodak.kid said:

Don’t think of it as a walk of shame, it’s a walk of pride. For me, I’m walking a girl most likely 20 yrs my junior up to my suite to have sex with, how could I not be full of pride :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

On Agoda they are offering "Luxury Family Suites" with 60 square meters. Are these the same as the "Luxury Rooms" offered on the Areca homepage? Are these rooms worth a try?

On 21/05/2022 at 09:45, MattGTR said:

I had a deluxe pool room (2608) and it was very nice (May 2022)

There was no walk of shame around the reception as walk around to the left of the building and it bypassed reception and I was right near my elevator for the 6th floor. It had a lounge chair in the room that was used often.

20220520_134501.jpg

20220520_134543.jpg

20220524_185421.jpg

20220520_134608.jpg

• Like 2

what can be found into the close area of this hotel? i mean by 5 minutes walking distance: bj bar, massage, soapie, gogo, or any point of interest.

14 minutes ago, kodak.kid said:

what can be found into the close area of this hotel? i mean by 5 minutes walking distance: bj bar, massage, soapie, gogo, or any point of interest.

BJ bars, massage parlours, soapie, gogos, beer bars, restaurants, shops, a hospital, market (10 minutes walk or short bahtbus ride, 10 bahts).

35 minutes ago, kodak.kid said:

It is directly across from the opening of LK Metro.

Virtually everything is nearby that you listed.

WS and Soi 6 are a 3-5 minute walk and 8 minute baht bus.

10 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

WS and Soi 6 are a 3-5 minute walk and 8 minute baht bus.

unless you're a world-class runner, neither are a 3-5min walk from Areca Lodge :)

areca to WS entrance is 1.3km. areca to Soi 6 entrance is 1.6km

agree with the rest of your post of course, but those time estimates are off by a factor of 5 for the average walking speed of PA members, hehe

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

5 minutes ago, petehoax said:

unless you're a world-class runner, neither are a 3-5min walk from Areca Lodge

He means a 3-5 minute walk followed by the Songhtaew :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

14 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

He means a 3-5 minute walk followed by the Songhtaew :)

that makes a lot more sense, 555

👍

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

How much is the monthly rate of Areca Lodge (the one on Soi Diana) from July 1? The YouTube video (embedded below) showed it's 18,000 Baht for standard room (up to Jun 30). I understand many hotel tariff increase after the T&G has been suspended. (But July is also in the rainy season, hence low season for tourism).

I stayed in Areca Lodge before the COVID, paying full tariff, good swimming pools, delicious breakfast, and most importantly best location to visit LK Metro, Tree Town. Even coming back from WS after midnight by a Songthaew getting off at the j/n of Soi Diana, just a short walk up tot he hotel

Anyone is staying there now? What's a standard plus & deluxe plus room?

For monthly rental, do I need to book directly to the hotel, not through any booking websites?

61979703_Arecaprice.jpg.0a64b90ef967ed02d76b250832c8cdf7.jpg

Another video dated Apr 10, from the same Youtuber also showed that LK President on Soi 3, off Soi Leng Kee & Soi Pot Hole was 27,000 Baht monthly.

Edited by tonyacat