IGNORED

ARECA LODGE

scrunge

11 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Mercure is a nice hotel and I've stayed there. Nice location and it's easy to get to/from many places in that area

Have you stayed there recently?

I had a look at it last Summer and it’s now used by tour groups. Staff were great but general atmosphere wasn’t good.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

6 minutes ago, davidge said:

I had a look at it last Summer and it’s now used by tour groups. Staff were great but general atmosphere wasn’t good.

It's 18 months since my last stay.

Anything specific that you weren't keen on?

23 minutes ago, BlooBell said:

It's 18 months since my last stay.

Anything specific that you weren't keen on?

I had a good chat with the member of staff who showed me some rooms. He said a new Manager had decided to go after tour groups from certain countries in order to increase business and the hotel atmosphere had changed as a result. There were a lot of mini-vans outside and a general hub-bub in the reception and pool areas.

I got the impression it wasn’t the place for a quiet stay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

42 minutes ago, davidge said:

Been awhile since I stayed (2018) and yes, tour groups do scare me off

38 minutes ago, davidge said:

I had a good chat with the member of staff who showed me some rooms. He said a new Manager had decided to go after tour groups from certain countries in order to increase business and the hotel atmosphere had changed as a result. There were a lot of mini-vans outside and a general hub-bub in the reception and pool areas.

Thanks for that.

Too late for me now to do anything now, I paid up in full as I got a cracking black Friday deal through Accor. It's only for 1/3 of my trip, though.

I'll report back after my stay.

• Like 3

Bay Breeze hotel on Soi Honey is a good option with some great deals on the websites. I stayed there last year and found the place excellent value but the swimming pool is not in the same league as the ones at Areca. I am staying at 247 Boutique on Soi Honey later in the year and got a great deal for 28 days on Booking.com  - only paying 800 baht a night for 28 days! Couldn't believe it when I booked it 3 months ago.

23 hours ago, ElSueco said:

Any hint of whitch guesthouse?
If you can rewiev it it would be great!

Unfortunately now a GC, the owner became frustrated with the new guesthouse regulations.

I really think areca is overvalued, I had been twice and sincerely for that price (overpriced) you can find much much better in the area

Inviato dal mio LYA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just had new prices for LK area today and 24/7 offering £27 per night and Aqua £35 per night mid July whilst Areca Staying at £40 per night! Some serious bargains cropping up.

• Thanks 1

I had 2 rooms booked at Areca for later this month at a total cost of 36k baht for 8 nights. Decided to have another look around (free cancellation deadline was approaching) and found 2 rooms at 247 Boutique for just over 15k baht!

No brainer at that price difference, Areca now cancelled. I do like Areca for the pools etc, but really think they need take a look at their pricing.

We stayed in Mecure in December and it was packed with Indian and Chinese tour groups. Not a major issue for us, but chaos at breakfast and too many Asian and Indian breakfast dishes. I like curry, but not for breakfast.

The Coronavirus might reduce the groups in the next few weeks/months.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, spracing said:

I had 2 rooms booked at Areca for later this month at a total cost of 36k baht for 8 nights. Decided to have another look around (free cancellation deadline was approaching) and found 2 rooms at 247 Boutique for just over 15k baht!

I have a room booked for 16 nights during Songkran for 25,920 baht.
This is a deluxe room in the Corona building.

I stayed in the remodeled room over Christmas in the Areca building, but didn't like the new rooms.

I stay there for the location, pools and the included breakfast.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

15 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I have a room booked for 16 nights during Songkran for 25,920 baht.
This is a deluxe room in the Corona building.

I stayed in the remodeled room over Christmas in the Areca building, but didn't like the new rooms.

I stay there for the location, pools and the included breakfast.

LeoTex

To be fair 1600 per night at Areca is a pretty good deal 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just was looking for the prices in the Areca Lodge hotel for my next trip in January, and what I can admit, the standart room with 2 bedrooms with no breakfast costs 40 usd, but if you want the same room with breakfast the price is 66 usd. Breakfast for 1 person is 13 usd - 400 baht.  Are they seriously? I can get English breakfast in any of the nearby reastaurants for only 200 baht with drink. But if you choose a room for 1 person the price for breakfast is only 6 dollars.

38 minutes ago, Ivan17 said:

Just was looking for the prices in the Areca Lodge hotel for my next trip in January, and what I can admit, the standard room with 2 bedrooms with no breakfast costs 40 usd, but if you want the same room with breakfast the price is 66 usd. Breakfast for 1 person is 13 usd - 400 baht.  Are they seriously? I can get English breakfast in any of the nearby restaurants for only 200 baht with drink. But if you choose a room for 1 person the price for breakfast is only 6 dollars.

Yes, their prices are very inconsistent.

I think they have blocks of rooms set at certain cost to ensure profit, however for us, the consumer, it does not make any sense when you do the math.

I stayed there for about 2 weeks last November/December.

Everything was great, except the breakfast.

I ended up walking across the street to "Craft Cottage" or up the street to "Smokin' Joe's BBQ"

I did try Areca's diner/restaurant for lunch or an early dinner twice and they were outstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone lucky enough to be in Thailand and travelling to Pattaya in the near future and likes to stay in the Areca Lodge they have a very good offer at the moment at Baht700 a night including breakfast.  It does not seem to be available on their website so you may have to contact them directly.

IMG_20200823_183147.jpg

don't they have a very similar offer all the time out front? (i think normally it's 1000thb/night)? 
and isn't this offer not for their "real" rooms but for like a 2nd building that's kinda fucked up? or am i confusing something? i think i've read something like that on here, but i'm not 100% sure of it. 

• Like 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

28 minutes ago, petehoax said:

don't they have a very similar offer all the time out front? (i think normally it's 1000thb/night)? 
and isn't this offer not for their "real" rooms but for like a 2nd building that's kinda fucked up? or am i confusing something? i think i've read something like that on here, but i'm not 100% sure of it. 

Yes, the second building is called the Evergreen Tower (actually closer to Buakhoa 15, behind the Pattaya Avenue).

I know they remodeled hotel rooms in Areca Lodge of Soi Diana but unsure about the room sin the Evergreen Tower.

On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 22:34, petehoax said:

That offer is for a few closets size rooms not in the 2nd building, but in the Evergreen Building.

They were to be used for housekeeping personnel to stay if they had to work at night.

Out of curiosity I looked at one a couple years back and they were way less than half the size of  those small (26 m) room at the Travel Lodge behind the Areca complex. Plus they don't even have a window.

• Like 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 30/08/2020 at 10:34, petehoax said:

Yes they previously had an offer for a different rooms, but I believe that this offer is for the main Areca Lodge and the photo looks like the Corona Building.  They have since put up an additional offer of 18,000thb a month or 600thb a night including breakfast!  It shows how desperate things are at the moment.  These prices are cheaper than a dorm bed in a backpacker in Australia!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/08/2020 at 12:59, kd_traveller said:

For anyone lucky enough to be in Thailand and travelling to Pattaya in the near future and likes to stay in the Areca Lodge they have a very good offer at the moment at Baht700 a night including breakfast.  It does not seem to be available on their website so you may have to contact them directly.

Also a monthly rate of 18,000 baht

Ejo0FjXUcAIgYFB.jpg.f3fac2cf149705f19523e1610bbc1bdc.jpg

2 minutes ago, mastepriwe said:

18000, insane . It's an ad from December 2017 ?

No it is not from 2017, it is outside the front and back of the hotel now in October 2020!

• Like 4