IGNORED

Retirement Visa problem - New Rules

Billyboy294

6 hours ago, chris2004 said:

I was always happy to leave 800k in my thai bank bank (well sort of). What worries me now is say i have a sudden emergency during the year (medical?) and need quick access to cash that drops my balance below 800k. Am i then f***ed for my retirement visa?

That had been my plan for when I come to the point of spending more time in Pattaya - probably in 3 or 4 years. I still expect to keep a base in the UK though so if I have to use the 800k in an ‘emergency’ I’ll still have the UK base to fall back on. Of course, by then Thailand may have changed the visa rules again in any case.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

18 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

A friend of mine is going home  this week for a few weeks and his Retirement Visa would lapse while he was back home. He tried to renew last Wednesday but they told him to come back on Monday as he was just outwith the 30 days limit. He tried to explain his situation but they were not interested.

He went back on Monday (after getting a new letter from his bank) and got his RV after a lot of checking. 

Anyway the main reason i started this post was there was an interesting piece of information we have been waiting for. When he picked up his RV on Tuesday, he was told to come back in 90 days and show them he had kept a minimum of 800,000 Baht in his bank for the past 90 days.

How are those who used Visa Agents going to get round this.

not sure but my visa agent send out a message all as normal no problems with new rules. Maneerat soi 13/2

the agents must make bucket loads with the amount of expats using them

11 hours ago, onehunglo said:

to be eligible you have to be a resident for at least 10 yrs , in which he would of been as was born there . but can not have an absence of 5yrs . so i believe , then come back and wait 2 yrs to get it . that was how i read it , or maybe i'm wrong , but that was coming from him

Getting off topic, although somewhat related, so last post to clarify for any other Aussies wondering. Your mate is getting confused/is misinformed and the above is just wrong.

• You can apply 13 weeks prior to your retirement date
  • You have to be in Australia to apply
  • If you are eligible you will be paid from the date of application/retirement age, whichever is the latter
  • To be eligible you need to have been an Australian resident for at least 10 years and have had at least one continuous period of 5 years
  • A full pension is based on your working life residence which at the moment is set to 35 years from the age of 16 (no need to have actually worked a day in your life, just been a resident)
  • If your working life residency is less than 35 years you will be paid pro rata
  • If you are deemed to be a resident you can bugger off overseas the next day and still be paid (portability) although after 6 weeks overseas you will lose the Pension Supplement
  • If you are deemed to have been a non-resident prior to applying (note there's a difference between the way Centrelink and the Tax Office define non-resident) then you need to convince them you are back for good and do a 2 year "jail term" before your pension becomes portable
  • During the jail term you can travel overseas but for how long and how many times is not specified (similar to the TiT concept, comes down to how the peeps that you deal with in Centrelink determine things on a given day)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

During the jail term you can travel overseas but for how long and how many times is not specified

i believe it is for no longer than 6 weeks at a time but do not know how long you have to wait for next trip

cheers for clearing the others points up for me but i was only going by what he told me

the agents must make bucket loads with the amount of expats using them
Not as much as the Immigration Officers make !

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

this information is ours old only

The gentleman told me basically business as usual. I asked about having to go back in 3 months he just smiled at me and said all taken care of not going to be a problem . I know this office has been there for a long time so I assume  he's to be trusted 20190307_113930.thumb.jpg.40290dba78e24b6b304348f2b66cf268.jpg20190307_114122.thumb.jpg.eb98c7c0eccdecac6a51ed08f39d26a0.jpg20190307_114004.thumb.jpg.1ba0d1d98154dbe766699ea06aa14046.jpg

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I successfully applied in person for my  6th "retirement visa" on Tuesday 5th March, with the pickup on Wednesday 6th. My observation was that there was definitely a far higher degree of checking of the financial bank account details compared to previous applications. Informed that I had to show the 800K on 4th June I inquired as to what they required e,g, letter from bank, banks etc. Response - "Sorry I not know, we will let you know later"  

While I am sure that the Agents and co operating Immigration officials will work closely to keep the back door open, however, I expect that the price of doing so will be reflected in a price increase.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Informed that I had to show the 800K on 4th June I inquired as to what they required e,g, letter from bank, banks etc. Response - "Sorry I not know, we will let you know later"   

It appears the bank letters haven't changed so I guess it will be the usual bank letter and stamped statements or bank book. Daft requirement

Just now, Scuba+ said:

' - - the usual bank letter and stamped statements or bank book. Daft requirement

Yet more costs and red tape for the Farang.   Makes you really feel welcomed - - -?

On 06/03/2019 at 12:19, Scuba+ said:
On 06/03/2019 at 08:59, chris2004 said:
I was always happy to leave 800k in my thai bank bank (well sort of). What worries me now is say i have a sudden emergency during the year (medical?) and need quick access to cash that drops my balance below 800k. Am i then f***ed for my retirement visa?

Yes, but at least you can get treated

Sure i get treated but then kicked out of Thailand a few months later.

Yet more costs and red tape for the Farang.   Makes you really feel welcomed - - -?

Yep. I'm not even sure they know why they're making it difficult. Maybe better after the elections, who knows.

On the plus side its helped me decide to not buy a condo here

2 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Yep. I'm not even sure they know why they're making it difficult. Maybe better after the elections, who knows.

On the plus side its helped me decide to not buy a condo here

renting , safest way . get up and go anytime you want or move if too much noise

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jarrod2518 said:

I successfully applied in person for my  6th "retirement visa" on Tuesday 5th March, with the pickup on Wednesday 6th. My observation was that there was definitely a far higher degree of checking of the financial bank account details compared to previous applications. Informed that I had to show the 800K on 4th June I inquired as to what they required e,g, letter from bank, banks etc. Response - "Sorry I not know, we will let you know later"    

When my 3 months was up i only intended giving them Photocopy  of my Passport, copy of RV, and copy of my bank book show the details of  the past 3 months. The letter I normally get from the bank is just a statement saying how much in my Account on that particular day, which would be of no value so i was not planning to get one.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Found that on ThaiVisa. This is an example of the "ticket" they give you at Jomtien Immigration when doing a Retirement Extension using the 800k in the bank method.

So clearly you will have to return at Jomtien Immigration 3 months later to show that the money is still on your bank account...

Edit: On bottom of the ticket:

"Please show an Updated Bankbook to Immigration on :" (D+90)

Pattaya-Retirement-Consideration.jpg

Edited by Oukiva
  • Like 2

^^^^^^^^^^^

That’s going to make things very difficult for people who come & go from Thailand. Instead of just timing an annual visit to immigration they’ll have to make sure they’re there 3 months later as well. Do we know what happens after that? Any further checks before the renewal for bank balance or just check at renewal date?

Even more business for agents as a result, I’m sure! 

• Like 2

Found that on ThaiVisa. This is an example of the "ticket" they give you at Jomtien Immigration when doing a Retirement Extension using the 800k in the bank method.

So clearly you will have to return at Jomtien Immigration 3 months later to show that the money is still on your bank account...

Edit: On bottom of the ticket:

"Please show an Updated Bankbook to Immigration on :" (D+90)

Pattaya-Retirement-Consideration.jpg.3badda4e0a54c4156de8a77994312d54.jpg

the image doesn't say you need to return to immigration after 90 days? actually yes i see it at the bottom. i have friends who live abroad for 6 months a year so may not be around. Immigration haven't thought the process through as usual

7 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

the image doesn't say you need to return to immigration after 90 days?

It’s dated 5 March and says at the bottom to show an updated bank book to Immigration on 4 June.

Been on the Sangsom??:rolleyes: 

Medellin Colombia.....retirement visas are numerous and requirements are easily met.around 800 bucks a ,month ..no immigration 'attitude and perfidy".one can even maintain residence through verifying  a civil relationship..flights to the u s ..south florida are cheap and specials are ridiculously low..advertised apts are high ..but actual rental norms are about half of those generally advertised..health care is stellar..and medical insurance if one starts below 60 or so is very reasonable.. complete.dental is an art and very accessible  .easily and economically.spend time in different latin countries ..costa rica ...belize..panama..chile.argentina ....the weather is amazing .no heat no air....paradise for bike riders..with lanes everywhere...food spans the gamut ..from meats and stews...monster breakfasts ..to vegetarian and seafood...great quality and very cheap....the most beautiful woman you've ever seen will soon be followed by one that relegates her to mediocrity ad infinitum ..the temporary companion thing is similar to pattaya in cost..online shopping is a snap and quality is stellar..your scooter lady will arrive impeccably attired ..groomed.. and sizzling.....once one learns to navigate security concerns...which hoods to avoid like the plague..and which scams are prevalent ..being comfortably vigilant will be apropos ..if you appreciate women ..then watching  colombianas  walking and riding their bikes to and from universities will be more than worth the trip.. those with spectacular specific areas..attractive with great busts or booties..freckles..hair legs..smiles eyes.. to those with stellar everything ..with minute exception if you "settle in" with a Colombian family ..specifically and traditionally you will be "family' in the best and most inclusive sense...not a covertly derided atm..that being said ..infidelity within the realm of a Colombian marriage will likely be an exercise in mortal excision.. the best six years of my life was spent with one.. ..sadly im now so old and unattractive that a thai girl who happened to be standing next to me closed her eyes and sprinted through traffic.. across  pattaya thai..during  rush hour to avoid being mistaken for an acquaintance ..absolutely sublime...…………... as a nod to its desirability ..once you arrive ..and begin to assimilate into the expat community of single guys .you will be apprised of a morbidly secret pact ...it will be easier to throw a pork chop past a wolf than to get someone to admit  to those inquiring about living there that's its anything but a minefield of violent crime and fat flatulent single moms sporting numerous kids .. warts and a leer ..

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 07/03/2019 at 15:01, Billyboy294 said:

- - the letter I normally get from the bank is just a statement saying how much in my Account on that particular day, which would be of no value so i was not planning to get one.

I think a more prudent course of action would be to have have the bank update your account for the day of application, request the certified letter from the bank as in the past but only supply it if requested to do so. The Kasikorn Bank charge 100 THB for the letter and photo copies, but I rather have the letter available as opposed to having to head back to the bank and re-start the application.  

53 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

I think a more prudent course of action would be to have have the bank update your account for the day of application, request the certified letter from the bank as in the past but only supply it if requested to do so. The Kasikorn Bank charge 100 THB for the letter and photo copies, but I rather have the letter available as opposed to having to head back to the bank and re-start the application.  

You are probably correct. No harm in having the letter just in case.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 21:06, davidge said:

It’s dated 5 March and says at the bottom to show an updated bank book to Immigration on 4 June.

i renewed my yearly visa yesterday and i had the same form given to me saying show bankbook on june 12th [90 days from yesterday]

im picking up passport at 2pm today and i will do my 90 days at the same time so ill enquire about this

as the changes only started  1st march i think you only get the letter and have to comply from when you renew your extension

by the way ive lived here on a yearly extension since 1st april 1998 so i only need 200000 baht in bank or 20000 fer month income. i verified thet yyesyerdaay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

any holes a goal

On 07/03/2019 at 21:06, davidge said:

The next question is do you also have to provide along with the updated bankbook, copies of your bankbook for the past 90 days and a Letter from the bank showing the amount on the day you go.

It would appear NOT.

Edited by Billyboy294

8 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

The next question is do you also have to provide along with the updated bankbook, copies of your bankbook for the past 90 days and a Letter from the bank showing the amount on the day you go.

So if your funds are in say a 1 year time deposit the bank will do an update?

1 minute ago, usexpat46 said:

So if your funds are in say a 1 year time deposit the bank will do an update?

Yes they update the book every year when I renew my time deposit they just update the same book

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif