IGNORED

Retirement Visa problem - New Rules

Billyboy294

8 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

"only be logical" you've probably read reports that those with Kasikorn accounts they don't seem to be using Kasikorn as local partner as default. So logic doesn't seem to follow

Best way I can put it is for them to use the same Bank as their partner Bank 12 months in a row would be like rolling a seven seven times in a row at the crap table.

• Like 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Best way I can put it is for them to use the same Bank as their partner Bank 12 months in a row would be like rolling a seven seven times in a row at the crap table.
My guess is Transferwise has a "preferred" local partner in Thailand and its Bangkok Bank, maybe because they charge less or a better rate or something, sometimes they have to go with Kasikorn and TMB instead

Several reports on Thai Visa of Transferwise remittances to Bangkok Bank being shown as domestic transfers - TW used one of the other two intermediary banks in Thailand.  Plus reproduced letters from TW to clients here stating it can't guarantee which intermediary bank it will use in Thailand. 

Strong argument for using SWIFT bank-to-bank transfers rather than Transferwise? 

Several reports on Thai Visa of Transferwise remittances to Bangkok Bank being shown as domestic transfers - TW used one of the other two intermediary banks in Thailand.  Plus reproduced letters from TW to clients here stating it can't guarantee which intermediary bank it will use in Thailand. 
Strong argument for using SWIFT bank-to-bank transfers rather than Transferwise? 
Yeah I'm using swifts, its not worth the risk of 1 or 2 Transferwise payments out of 12 being domestic and the Immigration Officer having an excuse to reject the extension. Plus maybe no agent to fall back on.

Some will wing it and be ok others won't

A friend of mine is going home  this week for a few weeks and his Retirement Visa would lapse while he was back home. He tried to renew last Wednesday but they told him to come back on Monday as he was just outwith the 30 days limit. He tried to explain his situation but they were not interested.

He went back on Monday (after getting a new letter from his bank) and got his RV after a lot of checking. 

Anyway the main reason i started this post was there was an interesting piece of information we have been waiting for. When he picked up his RV on Tuesday, he was told to come back in 90 days and show them he had kept a minimum of 800,000 Baht in his bank for the past 90 days.

How are those who used Visa Agents going to get round this.

Edited by Billyboy294
  • Like 3

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

On 02/03/2019 at 14:02, kansuwan said:

That's going to be my plan. The issue now will be whether they will accept less than 12 months of transfers. I will have about 5 by June

On 16 February 2019 at 19:08, Billyboy294 said:

Which is it?  B800,000  for 3months after Visa has been issued or a minimum of B400,000 throughout the year?

the way i read it , is that you must have 800,000 in 2 mths before applying and 3 mths after , then you can draw down to 400,000 which in reality only allows you access for 7mths , but not to all of it . not forgetting you would have to put it back in when applying again , so really seems a waste of time to touch it

from what i've seen there are a hell of a lot using the agent way of doing it and you will find they will eventually have to move on if enforced more

Edited by onehunglo

6 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

most probably charge you 20% a month like the mafia money lenders

main reason i started this post was there was an interesting piece of information we have been waiting for. When he picked up his RV on Tuesday, he was told to come back in 90 days and show them he had kept a minimum of 800,000 Baht in his bank for the past 90 days.

Thats the second time I've heard this reported so i call that a trend.

The problem with this daft idea of going back after 90 days is many people leave the country

i know a fella who is 70 and told me he has enough for about 3 more years left , thats not counting the 800,000 needed , then he will have to go back to OZ  , but won't be able to get the pension as he will have to wait 2yrs to apply for it then he would be knocking on the door of 80 ..... fucked 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

... but won't be able to get the pension as he will have to wait 2yrs to apply for it ... 

Yes he will and no he doesn't. The two years is for portability not for getting it in Australia.

2 hours ago, Ru4Real said:

Yes he will and no he doesn't. The two years is for portability not for getting it in Australia.

don't you have to be in OZ for 2yrs before applying

4 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

That's if he wants to be eligible to leave OZ and take the pension with him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

Nope, the 2 years " jail sentence" is for portability (i.e. to get paid it overseas).

You have to be in Oz to lodge the claim but as long as he submits all the correct paperwork, and is eligible, when they finally process it he'll get paid it from the date of the application.Then if he intends going back to LoS he has to convince them he's come back for good ... then in 2 years when granted portability, suddenly change his mind :D

1 minute ago, Harry Brown said:

That's if he wants to be eligible to leave OZ and take the pension with him.

but not having lived in australia for many years he would still have to wait 2 yrs before he is eligible to receive it

2 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

but not having lived in australia for many years he would still have to wait 2 yrs before he is eligible to receive it

He will get the pension on the day he applies for it in OZ  but he can't go back to Thailand to live  in that two year period.  As stated above.

to be eligible you have to be a resident for at least 10 yrs , in which he would of been as was born there . but can not have an absence of 5yrs . so i believe , then come back and wait 2 yrs to get it . that was how i read it , or maybe i'm wrong , but that was coming from him

• Like 1

I was always happy to leave 800k in my thai bank bank (well sort of). What worries me now is say i have a sudden emergency during the year (medical?) and need quick access to cash that drops my balance below 800k. Am i then f***ed for my retirement visa?

13 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

Anyway the main reason i started this post was there was an interesting piece of information we have been waiting for. When he picked up his RV on Tuesday, he was told to come back in 90 days and show them he had kept a minimum of 800,000 Baht in his bank for the past 90 days.

6 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Thats the second time I've heard this reported so i call that a trend.

The problem with this daft idea of going back after 90 days is many people leave the country

You just Report when you come back and show them you had a minimum of 800,000 baht for at least 90 days from the date your RV was issued. You can then reduce to 400.000 over the next 7 months if you wish.

Edited by Billyboy294

I was always happy to leave 800k in my thai bank bank (well sort of). What worries me now is say i have a sudden emergency during the year (medical?) and need quick access to cash that drops my balance below 800k. Am i then f***ed for my retirement visa?
Yes, but at least you can get treated

You just Report when you come back and show them you had a minimum of 800,000 baht for at least 90 days from the date your RV was

Is that a rule? where did you read that? remember common sense doesn't always work. Easiest way for them is to review the bank statements annually on renewal

9 hours ago, onehunglo said:

the way i read it , is that you must have 800,000 in 2 mths before applying and 3 mths after , then you can draw down to 400,000 which in reality only allows you access for 7mths , but not to all of it . not forgetting you would have to put it back in when applying again ,

PHUKET: Phuket Immigration this week clarified the new rules regarding applications for retirement visas, confirming only one major change: that for those applying using funds in a Thai bank account to support their application, a minimum of B400,000 must be kept in the account throughout the year.

On 16/02/2019 at 19:08, Billyboy294 said:

Which is it?  B800,000  for 3months after Visa has been issued or a minimum of B400,000 throughout the year?"

Yes the new regulations are quite clear; I was just pointing out that what Phuket Immigration were (allegedly) saying, contradicted the new rules.

Edited by Billyboy294

Hi. A few years ago my pal worked it out with an agent at the immigration for extended stay or retirement visa for a year.....I think he paid 15,000 baht. Is this the going rate for using an agent for this kind of circumstance these days?

thanx

Happy mongering

21 minutes ago, chang beer said:

Hi. A few years ago my pal worked it out with an agent at the immigration for extended stay or retirement visa for a year.....I think he paid 15,000 baht. Is this the going rate for using an agent for this kind of circumstance these days?

thanx

Happy mongering

Out of curiosity i went with a friend who was going to renew his RV to Visa Agent in Soi Bukaow. They charge 22,000 baht for a first time RV and 12,000 baht for a renewal after that.

I asked them would it be any cheaper for another friend of mine who already had over 800,000 baht in the bank for a year but they said no difference , easier fro them to use the 800,000 baht they normally use.

This is the fourth time he has used them but this year (January) he was taken to Immigration by a boy on a motorcycle who spoke to an officer who then took my friends photo. First time this has happened. They now normally take your photo when you go back to collect your Passport with the RV stamp.

Incidently while it is not strictly a Visa but an Extension of stay because of Retirement, I see Jomtien Immigration now have notices referring to  "Retirement Visa" .

Edited by Billyboy294