IGNORED

Retirement Visa problem - New Rules

Billyboy294

4 hours ago, Soi7 said:

Yes they update the book every year when I renew my time deposit they just update the same book

Right, but will they now do updates every 90 days because of this new Immigration policy?

Just use the self update machine that's what I do when I want it updated

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

6 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

Just use the self update machine that's what I do when I want it updated

I'll give it a try.  I've done my normal passbook before which changes due to deposits and withdrawals, but never done a time deposit because I know the balance doesn't change.

5 hours ago, Soi7 said:

Yes they update the book every year when I renew my time deposit they just update the same book

But will they update it every 90 days.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I renewed my RV on 18 Feb 2019 so i did not  get the form asking me to Report after 90 days..

But I am thinking on reporting with my Bankbook after 90 days because they might say:  yes the new rules came into effect on 1st March 2019 so after 1st March you must follow. the new rules,

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

5 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

The next question is do you also have to provide along with the updated bankbook, copies of your bankbook for the past 90 days and a Letter from the bank showing the amount on the day you go.

It would appear NOT.

As with all of this, we have to wait until the first few people go back after 3 months and see what happens.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

55 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I'll give it a try.  I've done my normal passbook before which changes due to deposits and withdrawals, but never done a time deposit because I know the balance doesn't change.

I've done it a few times it updates with the same balance but with the new date to show that its current

babydollsaddict.gif

2 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

I renewed my RV on 18 Feb 2019 so i did not  get the form asking me to Report after 90 days..

New rules started on March 1st...

You renewed your Extension on old rules: you don't have to keep the money in the bank or to come back to Immigration to show your book after 3 months. For you new rules will apply next year only, at your next extension.

I was just told by a visa agent (farang) that everything will be as it was before... I have no other information.

Applied for my retirement extension yesterday at CW in Bangkok using the seasoned 800,000bt. / bankbook/bank letter.

The officer stated I had to keep the money in the account for 3 months. I wondered how they verify?

I then went to do my 90 day report and asked, "Do you want to see my bankbook in 3 months?" No.

WTF?

How do they verify? Are the banks allowing someone at Immigration to check my balance?

as i stated previously i renewed my yearly extension on wed got my passport back yesterday and did my 90 days report.

the guy said dont need to see book this time but have to show it on 12 june

he said the new money in the bank rules apply from when you renew your 1 year extension

any holes a goal

Ah, the joys of the inept and moody Thai Immigration office...Stupidity on steroids combined with laziness and corruption.

Well, I guess I will take my bankbook to my next 90 day report (even though they told me yesterday I won't need it).

The Bangkok Immigration Officer also told me yesterday the bank letter is good for 7 days. (my banker and other BMs said they want a fresh letter, same day as the application) So I did my banking same day and got to Immigration late...125 people in the queu. Nice.

By the way, that was my 64th., 90 day report....100 people in that queue before me....every report for the last 16 years has exactly the same info. What's the point of this fucking circle jerk? That's 64 round trips in a taxi, hundreds of hours wasted and if they really want to know where I stay, all they need to do is look at the original identical report I made in 2003....

On a side note I got a new passport, so before I could get my bank letter, they had to cancel my old bankbook then issue a new one, then off to Immigration. Must has signed 35 or 40 documents yesterday during the 7 hour ordeal 

And immigration wanted me to draw a map to my home this time. Never heard of GOOGLE maps I guess...

1 hour ago, jiz said:

Ah, the joys of the inept and moody Thai Immigration office...Stupidity on steroids combined with laziness and corruption.

Well, I guess I will take my bankbook to my next 90 day report (even though they told me yesterday I won't need it).

The Bangkok Immigration Officer also told me yesterday the bank letter is good for 7 days. (my banker and other BMs said they want a fresh letter, same day as the application) So I did my banking same day and got to Immigration late...125 people in the queu. Nice.

By the way, that was my 64th., 90 day report....100 people in that queue before me....every report for the last 16 years has exactly the same info. What's the point of this fucking circle jerk? That's 64 round trips in a taxi, hundreds of hours wasted and if they really want to know where I stay, all they need to do is look at the original identical report I made in 2003....

On a side note I got a new passport, so before I could get my bank letter, they had to cancel my old bankbook then issue a new one, then off to Immigration. Must has signed 35 or 40 documents yesterday during the 7 hour ordeal 

And immigration wanted me to draw a map to my home this time. Never heard of GOOGLE maps I guess...

Save yourself a trip to immigration for the 90 day report by doing it online.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jiz said:

By the way, that was my 64th., 90 day report....100 people in that queue before me....

You must enjoy doing queues... because CW accept 90D reports by Mail or Internet since a very long time !

4 hours ago, jiz said:

On a side note I got a new passport, so before I could get my bank letter, they had to cancel my old bankbook then issue a new one

Which bank is it that needs to change its passbook when you change passport ?? :sad:

I am at KasikornBank and they just update the passport reference on their computer when you get a new one.

I did mine this morning at 10.00 am on Soi 5, Jomtien

In and out in the normal 10 minutes and wasn't asked to show any money in the bank at all. 

I have heard some horror stories so can only recount my personal experience.

FWIW, and to be clear, it was my first 90- day renewal after my annual in December and I am on a dependents visa not retirement.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thaifix said:

I did mine this morning at 10.00 am on Soi 5, Jomtien

In and out in the normal 10 minutes and wasn't asked to show any money in the bank at all. 

I have heard some horror stories so can only recount my personal experience.

FWIW, and to be clear, it was my first 90- day renewal after my annual in December and I am on a dependents visa not retirement.

The new rules only start with your next annual renewal. They don’t apply to you yet.

9 minutes ago, davidge said:

The new rules only start with your next annual renewal. They don’t apply to you yet.

Thanks although that isn't what some people are saying. Some are saying its happening to them on 90 day reports NOW so they are clearly after their last annual renewal. All a bit confusing really but will make sure I am prepared next year.

Would I be able to get my first retirement visa , I've had 800,000b in my account for only 2 months .. I'm here on a single entry visa and have topped it up at jontien. Thanks 

14 minutes ago, harrygrout said:

Would I be able to get my first retirement visa , I've had 800,000b in my account for only 2 months .. I'm here on a single entry visa and have topped it up at jontien. Thanks 

You need to convert the Tourist Visa into a Non-O visa first. It can be done in Jomtien, though it’s sent to Bangkok to process. It requires a lot of patience. There’s a thread somewhere about a BM’s experience doing it. Think it took 7 or 8 visits. You could go to Bangkok yourself but if your documents are wrong it would need further visits. You’d need at least 2 visits anyway as it has to be collected. I think it usually takes about 15 days??? Alternatively, you could leave the country to somewhere like Penang or Savannakhet and get the visa there.

The non-O gives you 90 days then towards the end of that you apply for the Extension of Stay due to Retirement.

• Like 2

On ‎15‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:37, davidge said:

So if one exits LOS 4 or more times a year and they are about 12 weeks apart then you would never have to show your bankbook except at the time you renew your retirement extension.

40 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

So if one exits LOS 4 or more times a year and they are about 12 weeks apart then you would never have to show your bankbook except at the time you renew your retirement extension.

What do you mean?? Jomtien tell people to come back show their passbook 90 days later, or - if they are not in Thailand at that date - as soon as they come back, and it will be very long before your next extension !

11 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

What do you mean?? Jomtien tell people to come back show their passbook 90 days later, or - if they are not in Thailand at that date - as soon as they come back, and it will be very long before your next extension !

I went about 8 years without ever having to do a 90 day report because I was entering and exiting LOS before 90 days had ever passed.  The 90 days resets each time you return as Jomtien told me that when you pass thru BKK immigration that start the 90 day clock.

24 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

I went about 8 years without ever having to do a 90 day report because I was entering and exiting LOS before 90 days had ever passed.  The 90 days resets each time you return as Jomtien told me that when you pass thru BKK immigration that start the 90 day clock.

The 90-day report has absolutely nothing to do with the three months of having to show funds in the bank they're two totally different things

• Like 3

babydollsaddict.gif

2 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

The 90-day report has absolutely nothing to do with the three months of having to show funds in the bank they're two totally different things

Earlier on this thread there was talk that beginning on ones next retirement extension renewal that you had to show an updated passbook on your 90 day report.  You even posted that I could do an update on my 1 year time deposit.  My recent post that Oukiva quoted and I responded was that if you departed and returned LOS at BKK every 12 weeks you would never have to do a 90 day report, thus you wouldn't have to show your bankbook until you renewed your retirement extension.

You can do an update on your 1-year time deposit as a matter of fact I did that just to see what happens and it posts it as balance forward with the same balance and the new date. That said the 90 day reporting and the balance of your bank book reporting are two totally different things.

• Like 2

babydollsaddict.gif