IGNORED

Retirement Visa problem - New Rules

Billyboy294

Just now, Soi7 said:

I think the biggest issue is going to be how are they going to check periodically to see how much money you have? My guess is it will be every 90 days but separate to the 90-day check in they will be totally different things you have to do. Anybody else have any ideas?

Immigration never talked on doing intermediary checks, only the radio Fabulous 103 said that (and see just above :wink:)

On ThaiVisa everyone seems too agree that  Immigration will check your balance history only at your next Extension.

BTW many expats never go to the Immigration for 90-Days reports, because they don't need to do them, or because they do it by Internet or by mail.

Immigration never talked on doing intermediary checks, only the radio Fabulous 103 said that (and see just above :wink:)
On ThaiVisa everyone seems too agree that  Immigration will check your balance history only at your next Extension.

BTW many expats never go to the Immigration for 90-Days reports, because they don't need to do them, or because they do it by Internet or by mail.
Okay so the question arises when you go for your next extension and you've allowed the balance to slip under 400,000 what action is taken? Still so many questions and no answers

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

3 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

Okay so the question arises when you go for your next extension and you've allowed the balance to slip under 400,000 what action is taken? Still so many questions and no answers

I would say it will happen the same thing that happen now when you fall below your 800k during the 3 months period:

you extension will be refused:sad:

Edit: That's why I said before that - IMHO - the best way for those who want use this method is to put 800k on a Fixed deposit Account and never touch it!

Edited by Oukiva

I think extension will be refused, perhaps a bung is worth a try. People need to ensure they follow the rules carefully or risk extension being refused

50 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

It's an already old post using radio Fabulous 103 FM as source, and they have prove this year to be way too alarmist... :wink:

(only 17 days old …idea ...) :wink:

Alarmist or not , many alarmist  became ruling now …..,

The money is not the problem as I kept it a 800 k full un touched after my first (combo method ) for 5 years now , but it annoys me 100% the never ending changes , we have a media horny 3*** immigration General who has no power on his subjects seems , and now targeting expats only ,

It would be  simple as implicating the "applicant must appear in person  existing rule" enforcing, and forbid waiving seasoning to stop agents as it  is his  excuse reason

As even expats following strict all rules asking when it becomes their turn to be "eliminated "

Edited by david555

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

55 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

I think the biggest issue is going to be how are they going to check periodically to see how much money you have? My guess is it will be every 90 days but separate to the 90-day check in they will be totally different things you have to do. Anybody else have any ideas?

How would that work for those doing the 90 day online?  Also for those that exit LOS the 90 days resets.

How would that work for those doing the 90 day online?  Also for those that exit LOS the 90 days resets.
As I said in my original post this would be separate totally from the 90-day report but who knows

babydollsaddict.gif

1 minute ago, Soi7 said:

As I said in my original post this would be separate totally from the 90-day report but who knows

One more station in an already over crowded immigration office (at least the one in Jomtien).  My last visit I think the fire department would have written them up for too many individuals in the building.  Just imagine the former office behind the Sailor Bar trying to handle the workload today.

i bet 10 baht it will be proved annually when the extension is done by looking at 12 months of bank statements. Some people live abroad so won't be around for some quarterly check

9 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
46 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

i bet 10 baht it will be proved annually when the extension is done by looking at 12 months of bank statements. Some people live abroad so won't be around for some quarterly check

I agree, that is by far the simplest way for them. Add in that BJ has stated he wants to do away with the 90 day report (some say as early as April) then it would make no sense for them to tie anything to the 90 day. However, TiT.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I agree, that is by far the simplest way for them. Add in that BJ has stated he wants to do away with the 90 day report (some say as early as April) then it would make no sense for them to tie anything to the 90 day. However, TiT.
Hope you are correct

babydollsaddict.gif

10 minutes ago, kane666 said:

I agree, that is by far the simplest way for them. Add in that BJ has stated he wants to do away with the 90 day report (some say as early as April) then it would make no sense for them to tie anything to the 90 day.

Source please.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

Source please.

Thanks

There was one interview he did a while ago where he talked about making it easier for retired expats, having a long term visa with no reporting etc. No firm proposals. I wouldn’t hold your breath waiting for them to be scrapped.

Since then he’s introduced changes that make it more difficult for many and spoken about bringing in Health Insurance which would make it more difficult/expensive again. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

32 minutes ago, kansuwan said:

Source please.

Thanks

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2019/01/16/superstar-cop-big-joke-on-his-rise-and-plans-for-expats-visas/

Proposed changes include abolishing 90-day reports and introducing 10-year visas for foreign retirees, Surachate said. A data link between the immigration and Thailand’s consular affairs around the world was recently established. Experts will also be consulted to see what restricted professions should be open to foreigners.

“The amendment process will take probably about two or three months,” Surachate said – an optimistic assessment when at least half a year is usually needed to pass legislation.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Soi7 said:

balance slip below 400,000 THB and I would think Immigration would revoke your Visa on the spot - meaning you would have to quick get another visa, or leave the country... Another possibility is that they fine the person and give them a certain amount of time to get the balance back up to 400,000... and (just guessing) that would be a one time violation, after that, the visa would be revoked... but it is up to Immigration on how they work the retirement visa holders who don't follow the (new) financial rules... 

what I wonder about is all the Thai visa companies who have been putting money in retirement Visa applicant customer's bank accounts temporarily to show the amount needed for retirement visa - will Immigration really clamp down on all those visa companies (and approx how many companies are there that do this - hundreds of companies)?... and if not, how will the visa companies ply their trade under the new rules - if the visa applicant has to show that the balance has been at 400,000 for the months in between when it has to be at 800,000 ... those visa companies will have to do some pretty complicated/fancy maneuvers to make that work for their customers... 

and nextLY, and somewhat relatedLY is the "companies" that farangs have been using (law offices set it up for them, I think) to buy houses/land in Thailand - will immigration at some future time/date clamp down on that practice, or let it slide... I wonder how many years that has been around?  or will Thailand change their laws and allow farangs to own houses/land?  I guess one thing a farang getting caught up in that if it comes down, would be to pay taxes owed (firstly), and then move the house/land into their wife's name (which is what those farangs didn't want to do when they set up the "company")... OR would that force more farangs living in Thailand to leave for greener pastures - back to farangLand, or another garden paradise/mongerMecca location other than Pattaya...

Edited by southsidebruce

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

1 hour ago, kane666 said:

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2019/01/16/superstar-cop-big-joke-on-his-rise-and-plans-for-expats-visas/

Proposed changes include abolishing 90-day reports and introducing 10-year visas for foreign retirees, Surachate said. A data link between the immigration and Thailand’s consular affairs around the world was recently established. Experts will also be consulted to see what restricted professions should be open to foreigners.

“The amendment process will take probably about two or three months,” Surachate said – an optimistic assessment when at least half a year is usually needed to pass legislation.

I'm guessing the 10-year visa would require periodic personal finance verification.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

2 hours ago, southsidebruce said:

balance slip below 400,000 THB and I would think Immigration would revoke your Visa on the spot - meaning you would have to quick get another visa, or leave the country... Another possibility is that they fine the person and give them a certain amount of time to get the balance back up to 400,000... and (just guessing) that would be a one time violation, after that, the visa would be revoked... but it is up to Immigration on how they work the retirement visa holders who don't follow the (new) financial rules... 

I thought Soi 7 meant that an individual let it slip below 400K and a few day later a transfer came in for a couple 100 K more to exceed the 400K.  Then 3 months prior to renewing his extension another transfer comes in pushing the account over 800K.  Is that really a problem?

1 minute ago, usexpat46 said:

I thought Soi 7 meant that an individual let it slip below 400K and a few day later a transfer came in for a couple 100 K more to exceed the 400K.  Then 3 months prior to renewing his extension another transfer comes in pushing the account over 800K.  Is that really a problem?

We really won’t know how all this will work out for 12 months or so but, from what has been said by Immigration, it’s quite possible that if you allow your balance to drop below 400000 at any point, even for a day, then you won’t be given your Extension of Stay at your next renewal.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

28 minutes ago, davidge said:

We really won’t know how all this will work out for 12 months or so but, from what has been said by Immigration, it’s quite possible that if you allow your balance to drop below 400000 at any point, even for a day, then you won’t be given your Extension of Stay at your next renewal.

Individuals better keep it above 400K, wouldn't want to get penalized if it dropped below 400K because of some bank fee like an annual ATM card fee.

....what I wonder about is all the Thai visa companies who have been putting money in retirement Visa applicant customer's bank accounts temporarily to show the amount needed for retirement visa - will Immigration really clamp down on all those visa companies (and approx how many companies are there that do this - hundreds of companies)?... and if not, how will the visa companies ply their trade under the new rules - if the visa applicant has to show that the balance has been at 400,000 for the months in between when it has to be at 800,000 ... those visa companies will have to do some pretty complicated/fancy maneuvers to make that work for their customers... 

...no doubt they will have something sorted - afterall TiT! 

....what I wonder about is all the Thai visa companies who have been putting money in retirement Visa applicant customer's bank accounts temporarily to show the amount needed for retirement visa - will Immigration really clamp down on all those visa companies (and approx how many companies are there that do this - hundreds of companies)?... and if not, how will the visa companies ply their trade under the new rules - if the visa applicant has to show that the balance has been at 400,000 for the months in between when it has to be at 800,000 ... those visa companies will have to do some pretty complicated/fancy maneuvers to make that work for their customers... 
...no doubt they will have something sorted - afterall TiT! 
50/50 whether the agents can get round this, go in and enquire

I just realize  that those who really rely on the 800 K for living , can only use 5 month's 400.000 for living ….? as 2+3month's 800k keeping ,then 5 month's take  half from the 800k , until again the 2 months before 800 k "fueling "on account.....sad times to come for some or many ?

PS: and so a estimated 40*000 baht less spend money a month a retiree …..=  less money for most the N-East people...

Edited by david555

I just realize  that those who really rely on the 800 K for living , can only use 5 month's 400.000 for living ….? as 2+3month's 800k keeping ,then 5 month's take  half from the 800k , until again the 2 months before 800 k "fueling "on account.....sad times to come for some or many ?
PS: and so a estimated 40*000 baht less spend money a month a retiree …..=  less money for most the N-East people...
That's why the combi method is probably better for many people, 400k in bank all year, plus 34k+ a month

29 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
1 hour ago, david555 said:

That's why the combi method is probably better for many people, 400k in bank all year, plus 34k+ a month

yes ….but whit uncertain immigration I.O's handling each office and desk different approach.., and maybe some more embassy's changing affidavit is the 800 k the only certain option , for me they only take the freedom of my own decision away as until now was 5 extensions already untouched …., but the uncertain behavior of gov. makes me not feeling fine for doing things as buying condo or so ….1 stroke of a pen and our plans are vanished !

Combo method before was my rescue plan B before , as it was as a credit line to eventual future times , now must already be proven in past by monthly transfers , and I am speaking about real pension coming , not the sworn lie thing..

I think this could already be a possible victim , firesale for a very nice condo good priced and sold in to 4 days of adverting for 1250 K

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/spacious-sea-view-studio-jomtien-beach-paradise-353566

Edited by david555

yes ….but whit uncertain immigration I.O's handling each office and desk different approach.., and maybe some more embassy's changing affidavit is the 800 k the only certain option , for me they only take the freedom of my own decision away as until now was 5 extensions already untouched …., but the uncertain behavior of gov. makes me not feeling fine for doing things as buying condo or so ….1 stroke of a pen and our plans are vanished !
Combo method before was my rescue plan B before , as it was as a credit line to eventual future times , now must already be proven in past by monthly transfers , and I am speaking about real pension coming , not the sworn lie thing..
I think this could already be a possible victim , firesale for a very nice condo good priced and sold in to 4 days of adverting for 1250 K
https://www.bahtsold.com/view/spacious-sea-view-studio-jomtien-beach-paradise-353566

I know of a guy trying to sell his condo who needs to raise cash, plus i know another getting married probably so he can do the 400k option.

The combi method is a slightly grey area, i plan to switch from 65k a month to combi method but when to switch is the question which I'll get "confirmed" when i go for my extension later this year.

Stronger case than ever before for not committing to buying a condo