IGNORED

How to slim down for Pattaya

Ben4454

Sounds good to me, but apparently keto diet is all carbs below 30g a day and limited vegetable list, which i find absurdly strict and therefore falls into the short term diet category.
Whats your goal anyway, is it weight loss because you're overweight or normal weight and trying to get the 6 pack? 

It is not hard to stay below 30g of carbs when all you eat is vegetables and meat! The hardest part is the beginning. When you see the dramatic weight loss, it will encourage you to stick to it. If there is something in particular you like to eat, you can look for alternatives. Once you reach your goal, you can add carbs from fruits and vegetables and even cheat occasionally.

I was slightly overweight by BMI standards. After a strict Keto diet, I dropped to my ideal BMI in a couple of months and it kept dropping below and I had to add healthy carbs to maintain my weight. Now I cheat occasionally and feel a lot healthier. My blood tests show everything is normal and I no longer need to take any meds (cholesterol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
On 14/12/2018 at 20:24, plahgat said:

Just an update!

I have continued with my one meal a a day regime, and my weight is now down to 72,8 kg from 100,5 kg in April! :rolleyes:

This is what I eat once a day:

Main meal: beefburger with stir fried egg and bacon, fried mushrooms and broccoli, and a bowl of mixed green salad in applecider vinager and olive oil.

1750063801_diet1.JPG.cbb3e3f3bba361171b14d1313e0f162b.JPG

Dessert: Fried Cinnamon apples with Greek yoghurt

1654466715_diet3.JPG.1ae7cbc86a394bcfe71bf4862b76a38c.JPG

Drink: Pomme Granate and Lime mixed freshly made juice.

1771966647_diet2.JPG.cf891f6b9568211b792a311fe31a32d1.JPG

Plahgat

Just a small update a year after I altered my diet!

I´m still on "one meal a day", but have started to cheat with some occasional snacks in the afternoon like:

85% chocolate bar (home made with raw cacao, coco fat and honey ), fruit or yoghurt .

I did go up a little when I started this, but now stayed still at 76 kg for the last few months, compared to 100,5 kg over a year ago!

I still try to avoid food with added white sugar and no bread.

I am following more of a Paleo than strict Keto diet now.

Blood pressure is good as well at  around 120/70 and a pulse of 50.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 2 weeks later...

I have switched to One Meal A Day from Intermittent Fasting (16/8 to 18/6). Happy with the results so far. If you can control your carb and sugar intake, you can achieve best results IMO. And also dedicated of course. If you cant control your carb intake, you will get hungry or angry :) . To be 100% honest, it is really easy to do and to achieve results.

I drink 1 cup of Americano (no sugar, no milk) before my intense cardio session (600-700 cal) other than that i am fasting 23 hours (sometimes more). My eating window is 1 hour and i am very strict about it. I am trying best, i am little bit chubby at the moment. ı am also trying my best to live an active lifestyle.

I have no problems so far and i really recommend this method. 

I want to extend my fasting period, i know i can but i am not sure with my cardio sessions. 

• Like 2

Intermittent is great have lost 12 kg in 12 weeks my diet is over just back balanced eating .I should never off put it on but was moving house and had no kitchen for 3 months .I am normal weight now .Still ain't going to get me a discount with the girls lol .One thing I did do was improve my fitness as I found last time I was getting tired when doing the work shagging .

21 minutes ago, Boardmarker said:

other than that i am fasting 23 hours (sometimes more). My eating window is 1 hour and i am very strict about it.

What ever makes you happy.

• Like 1

I have switched to One Meal A Day from Intermittent Fasting (16/8 to 18/6). Happy with the results so far. If you can control your carb and sugar intake, you can achieve best results IMO. And also dedicated of course. If you cant control your carb intake, you will get hungry or angry [emoji4] . To be 100% honest, it is really easy to do and to achieve results.
I drink 1 cup of Americano (no sugar, no milk) before my intense cardio session (600-700 cal) other than that i am fasting 23 hours (sometimes more). My eating window is 1 hour and i am very strict about it. I am trying best, i am little bit chubby at the moment. ı am also trying my best to live an active lifestyle.
I want to extend my fasting period, i know i can but i am not sure with my cardio sessions. 
I don't know how you can fast for so long when doing exercise. I have to eat properly beforehand and during to avoid sugar lows

The real experts on how to slim down are those suffering from anorexia nervosa. 

Here is how they do it:

http://memyselfandana.weebly.com/rules-rules-rules.html

I reckon no one here want to look like a skeleton. But some of the «rules» in the post above can be really useful and some are even scientifically based, like eating from a blue plate rather than a white one.

People not prone to becoming overweight enjoy saying «Eat less, exercise more», but for many people this is not a useful tip. Hunger and craving is not pleasant and must be dealt with somehow.

I have never smoked but just started using nicotine tablets to reduce hunger and thus weight. Opposed to smoking, nicotine itself is quite harmless, except that it might be addictive. It’s likely that nicotine is the secret keeping many smokers slim. From my two days’ experience this personal experiment seems promising, at least for now it does curb hunger.

Here are other tips for reducing hunger  I think are really useful, some of them overlap with proana rules:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/18-ways-reduce-hunger-appetite#section19

Edited by MarcusS

Porque la vida es sueño, y los sueños sueños son

I do not have any sort of plan to slim down for Pattaya. I believe I am already doing ok on the weight front.I am 5 ft 6 inch and 63 kg in weight and active in household work.

But I do plan some more fitness things for Pattaya. Generally, I do a normal morning walking.for Pattaya trip, I tried to do little more than that. like Jogging, some breathing exercise, some shoulder, and stress exercise for a couple of months.only objective to increase body little strength to go more and more.

Also to add, I try to drink more and more water a couple of months before hitting the ground and avoid too much junk food. taking more water really helps light on your feet and helps to regain energy for fun 

By the way, i am not slimming for pattaya. Pattaya will be my reward after all this and i am gonna give some break  to my routine. Also i want to add that i quit smoking 4 and a half years ago, my main goal is to reach same weight. I was like 78-79 kilos, now i am going between 87-91. I just like to have a target and try my best to achieve.

I quit my workout routine every vacation I go on. I look at it as a vacation from my workouts also as I usually get alot of walking done and in SE Asian heat you tend to shed weight quick. This next trip to Pattaya I am doing a month long Muay Thai course to shed even more weight when there.

On 29/04/2019 at 19:23, paulalbert1980 said:

I quit my workout routine every vacation I go on. I look at it as a vacation from my workouts also as I usually get alot of walking done and in SE Asian heat you tend to shed weight quick. This next trip to Pattaya I am doing a month long Muay Thai course to shed even more weight when there.

I dont know why but for the last two years, i tend to swell a lot in Thailand (like i gain 5kgs or more, my tshirts became smaller). I walk all day but my body is like bloated crazy. I am not drinking daytime, few beers during the night. Walk all day and drink water all day but swell crazy.

• 1 month later...
On 14/04/2019 at 09:58, plahgat said:

Just a small update a year after I altered my diet!

I´m still on "one meal a day", but have started to cheat with some occasional snacks in the afternoon like:

85% chocolate bar (home made with raw cacao, coco fat and honey ), fruit or yoghurt .

I did go up a little when I started this, but now stayed still at 76 kg for the last few months, compared to 100,5 kg over a year ago!

I still try to avoid food with added white sugar and no bread.

I am following more of a Paleo than strict Keto diet now.

Blood pressure is good as well at  around 120/70 and a Pulse of 50.

Plahgat

After too many cookies and coffee (Fika) with my friends lately, my weight started to creep up to 79 kg!  :LMFO:

So I decided to do another waterfast, and after 2 weeks I was way down to 69,2 kg only last Monday!:Oops1:

Lowest since my High School days some 40+ years ago!:ThumbUp6:

I have now restarted my one day a meal regime again and now stand at 71,5 kg! :ThankGod1:

Still minus 30 kg since last year! :GoldenSmile1:

Plahgat

• Like 3

When no money... she no give honey! 

I went back to the UK for 10 days, eat too much and bought load of junk food back, so i was 5kg heavier to 78kg once I'd finished it all. Now I'm back to my normal diet I'm heading back down. I won't be bringing food back from UK again

7 hours ago, plahgat said:

So I decided to do another waterfast, and after 2 weeks I was way down to 69,2 kg

Hi. I know nearly nothing about dietetic, fat, carb, diets,... :unsure:  but what I know is that if you are a little careful about what you eat when your body starts to take extra weight, then you will quickly return to your normal weight and will never need to make a diet. :)

I cannot help but think that you must be a bit masochistic to force your body to eat nothing during a 2 weeks period ! :o  No doubt that there are better ways to lose weight.

People judge other people’s diets without possibly being able to experience the effect of the diet and the effect of other diets on this individual. There are varying metabolisms, varying geographical DNA origins mixes within people - historically each geography forced the inhabitants to adapt their body to different foods, intake amounts and activity energy burning.

With that evolutionary fact, and given we are now all mixed up genetically, and now such varieties of people within the same country - how could one diet work for all us. Lastly, your body can adapt, you can train it to do many things - even exist well for the short-term on little food intake. 

On 29/04/2019 at 12:23, paulalbert1980 said:

I'm down almost a belt notch from being here in the heat, not being that hungry due to feeling overheated most of the time.  Barely touched Coca Cola since I've been here and only had 2 questionable type of meals.  Lots of walking... which is a great low impact exercise.

High sodium diets back home make you retain water and when I come here, I pretty well sweat it all out.  I ruined a hat here my first trip, had salt stains bleed through to the other side.  That was in Bangkok, it was 33-38 every day that trip and walked everywhere until I learned how to use the subway/train system.

I'm getting more accustomed to the heat now, but still when walking a longer distance I'll sweat profusely.  Feels uncomfortable when you are sweating but after a shower and you rest, it feels like all the Poison is gone out of your system.

• Like 1

I'm down almost a belt notch from being here in the heat, not being that hungry due to feeling overheated most of the time.  Barely touched Coca Cola since I've been here and only had 2 questionable type of meals.  Lots of walking... which is a great low impact exercise.
High sodium diets back home make you retain water and when I come here, I pretty well sweat it all out.  I ruined a hat here my first trip, had salt stains bleed through to the other side.  That was in Bangkok, it was 33-38 every day that trip and walked everywhere until I learned how to use the subway/train system.
I'm getting more accustomed to the heat now, but still when walking a longer distance I'll sweat profusely.  Feels uncomfortable when you are sweating but after a shower and you rest, it feels like all the poison is gone out of your system.
I'm very fit and sweat a lot, its natural. When going for long walks, proper exercise gear is best then you don't mind getting sweaty. BTW baseball caps can be put in the washing machine

34 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
6 hours ago, Gibsons1 said:
I'm getting more accustomed to the heat now, but still when walking a longer distance I'll sweat profusely.  Feels uncomfortable when you are sweating but after a shower and you rest, it feels like all the poison is gone out of your system.

I'm very fit and sweat a lot, its natural. When going for long walks, proper exercise gear is best then you don't mind getting sweaty. BTW baseball caps can be put in the washing machine

Washed it and it lost it's shape. Good only for yardwork now.

13 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

I went back to the UK for 10 days, eat too much and bought load of junk food back, so i was 5kg heavier to 78kg once I'd finished it all. Now I'm back to my normal diet I'm heading back down. I won't be bringing food back from UK again

You brought a load of junk food back to Thailand from the UK, strange thing to bring back!

You brought a load of junk food back to Thailand from the UK, strange thing to bring back!
Chocolate, angel delight, cheese, things that make you get fat

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2018 at 15:57, rob63 said:

Every one has a different metabolism. There is also great variation between ethnicities. Most diets are biased in favour of industries that pay for those studies. Due to that bias I consider all diets to be nonsense. Just eat sensible.

I stopped drinking and eating huge amounts of meat. Basically a high carb diet and I lost my pot belly in less than 3 months. People will claim carbs make you fat. It did the opposite for me. Don't believe the fake science. Eat sensibly, taking proportions and amounts your body is designed to process and you will be fine.

Stop all sugar, & learn to read a food label wrost then sugar is corn syrup if done right u loss 1 day 1 lbs after a few days kicks in 

less then 30 days u will be pulling up your pants Sugar is killing all of us Idk if u have Ezekiel bread made in USA www.foodforlife.com

idk they said no Flower & no sugar 

min it Now here a new thing for me 

I went out bought an Airfried 

i have my chicken cutlets & Fry fish 

no oil No grease I’ll tell u what as today’s workout my 3 mile walk is so easy now as I was Power walking day dreaming so easy 

2 mins longer b/c day dreaming  check it out 

hard getting up off the chair haha I jump up now remember those lbs stones Kilo took a long time to get there & a lot of cold ones to put there so Yes it will take longer time to get off 

do it for the HART of it yes I said HART 

hart attack u can do that happy it kills u ! Stork let’s u live as a Vegetable & u don’t want that 

good luck 

On 28/04/2019 at 15:12, Boardmarker said:

I have switched to One Meal A Day from Intermittent Fasting (16/8 to 18/6). Happy with the results so far. If you can control your carb and sugar intake, you can achieve best results IMO. And also dedicated of course. If you cant control your carb intake, you will get hungry or angry :) . To be 100% honest, it is really easy to do and to achieve results.

One meal a day is not good 

4 small meals is better 

2 minutes ago, Robert Loto said:

One meal a day is not good 

4 small meals is better 

i disagree.  One meal a day has many benefits especially for those who are older due to slow metabolism rate.

My weight has fluctuated a ton in my life. I've lost weight with Keto..low carb and also eating whatever foods I wanted and just watching calories. The best advice I can give is to pick a diet that you can stick with.

On 07/06/2019 at 01:49, Gibsons1 said:

This is your Coke real pic the sugar is that with corn syrup No lie stop the coke 

DC1BAD34-4252-40F2-B272-AC90B1628FFA.jpeg