Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How to slim down for Pattaya

Ben4454

1 hour ago, barky bark said:

In fact one of the criticisms of the keto lifestyle is how obsessively people start tracking their macro consumption.

That's because this way of eating requires you to keep your net carbs below 20 grammes a day. Unless you inform yourself of which foods and in what quantities help you  stay within that limit, you will fail.

Hence the anal approach to macros.

7 minutes ago, nekkid said:

It seems keto may be out of fashion in the media this week (but that's only this week!).

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/16/both-low-and-high-carb-diets-can-raise-risk-of-early-death-study-finds

I will not be surprised if Kraft, Heinz, Nabisco etc paid for that POV to appear. These companies are more crooked than a clinton.

duplicate post.

Edited by nekkid

8 minutes ago, Autoroam said:

I will not be surprised if Kraft, Heinz, Nabisco etc paid for that POV to appear. These companies are more crooked than a clinton.

I don't believe the BBC (where I first read this) or the Guardian are known for taking money to publish. That piece links to the published study on the Lancet website, which states the research was funded by the US government https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institutes_of_Health

18 minutes ago, nekkid said:

I don't believe the BBC (where I first read this) or the Guardian are known for taking money to publish. That piece links to the published study on the Lancet website, which states the research was funded by the US government https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Institutes_of_Health

•  

Follow the money, I say. Just because it's funded by the US government doesn;t mean it's squeaky clean....you have heard of special interest groups and lobbyists with deep pockets, campaign contributions , I hope?

Just now, Autoroam said:

Follow the money, I say. Just because it's funded by the US government doesn;t mean it's squeaky clean....you have heard of special interest groups and lobbyists with deep pockets, campaign contributions , I hope?

Yep - I've heard of them, as well as conspiracy theories.

2 minutes ago, nekkid said:

Yep - I've heard of them, as well as conspiracy theories.

Being facetious is not an argument. It is well documented that the sugar lobby paid for studies in the sixties to demonise fat.

Look where we are now.

The article quoted is full of dubious claims: I do not buy this shit.

“However, our data suggests that animal-based low-carbohydrate diets, which are prevalent in North America and Europe, might be associated with shorter overall life span and should be discouraged.

Trials to compare low-carb and high-carb diets directly are not possible, because they have to be carried out over many years and people find it hard to stick to a diet over any length of time. Instead, her team carried out observational research with more than 15,400 people, aged 45 to 64...

The authors said they could not prove cause and effect, because of the nature of the studies."

To be honest with you, I think it's every bit as valid to suggest that there is a conspiracy theory, as to suggest there is a conspiracy.

Anyway, you seem very certain in your belief that there is a conspiracy, and I doubt either of us will change the other's point of view on this.

Happy mongering!

1 hour ago, nekkid said:

Anyway, you seem very certain in your belief that there is a conspiracy

you seem hell bent on putting words in my mouth...so far you're the only one who has used that word 'conspiracy'...excessively, i might add.

I didnt say there is any devious plan afoot....what I AM saying is that one should not be too quick to accept whatever one reads...just because it's from the guardian or bbc or cnn....let the dust settle and think....that article offers no facts just some views of a couple of scientists.

You are responsible for your own health...eat what you want.....I don't go around telling carb eaters they might be at a health risk.

Edited by Autoroam

Whatever - don't wish to fall out with anyone over this issue. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

pay attention

images.jpg

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/04/2018 at 12:15, westie1 said:

He lost the weight. He fell off the diet. He lost more weight.

id say 1200 calories ( if even in that diet) and its shit

no protein, no healthy fats. 

Please don’t follow this. It’s not healthy 

hate to see the rebound, he'll double what he lost

On 19/08/2018 at 05:03, Autoroam said:

That's because this way of eating requires you to keep your net carbs below 20 grammes a day. Unless you inform yourself of which foods and in what quantities help you  stay within that limit, you will fail.

Hence the anal approach to macros.

the Keto diet is a hard diet to maintain, the food choices and repetitive meals are tough do year after year.

you have to find what works for you, and stick to it, its like excerising, its a life long thing.

I have recently started playing with the keto food choices, every other day, cutting out all sugar, breads and pasta,fruit must also be monitored,  eating in a 10 hour window, and once or twice a week do a carb load, but not excessive... so, maybe some bread... maybe abit more rice than usual, dont eat a lot of potatoes, but will eat yams, do have a sweet tooth, but have only once in a month done a sugar OD, and felt like shit... dietary fats are very important to add to ones diet. 

whatever choices a person makes for cutting weight, they must take control of their life and stick with it for life, especially if they have a weight problem, and gain easy... the nice thing is if you live in thailand, and like thai food, even eating deep fried foods (not obsessively), you can do this easily. the food choices are very good. the mediteranian diet is a good place to start research as well.

just suggestions, for those serious about turning their lives around.... its not the written word, one has to know what certain foods do, or react to their body types.

On 27/04/2018 at 09:59, plahgat said:

that I mix with "Nutrilett" a nutritional powder with all the essential minerals, vitamins, proteins...

this actually breaks your fast.... you are not fasting.. you are not eating.... your digestive tract, and liver, kidney enzymes have been set in motion... same as people that think mixing a boulion cube in with there water maintains a fast.. na ah... water and water only is fasting.

If you doing keto in thailand it can drastically change your drinking habits.

As you tend to get hammered much faster....

On 2018-06-21 at 18:27, plahgat said:

Went down to 82.7 kg end of May.

I´m now in Thailand again and eat normal food including carbs once a day, so my weight has stabilized at 83 kg!

Will see if I can start a Keto diet again, and avoid carbs so I will go under 80 kg.

Plahgat

Update.

End of my trip my weight did go down a little more to about 80 kg, as I cooked my own meals in my room and tried to avoid too many orange juices in the bars to keep the carb intake down.

I am now back in Sweden since 2 weeks and eat one big meal once a day, including a glass of freshly squeezed Lemon/Pome Grenade Juice and occasionally one fruit a day, so I am not on a strict keto diet anymore, but since I am only eating once a day intermittent fasting has pushed my weight down to 78 kg were I stand today!

I do long walks  a couple of times a week and have also started some light weightlifting.

So went from 100,5 kg in April to 78 kg  now in September!

I still have 3-4 kg of extra fat around my belly and waist so will try to push it down a little bit further to 75 kg!:wink:

Plahgat

• Like 2

When no money... she no give honey! 

On 09/09/2018 at 07:41, plahgat said:

Update.

End of my trip my weight did go down a little more to about 80 kg, as I cooked my own meals in my room and tried to avoid too many orange juices in the bars to keep the carb intake down.

I am now back in Sweden since 2 weeks and eat one big meal once a day, including a glass of freshly squeezed Lemon/Pome Grenade Juice and occasionally one fruit a day, so I am not on a strict keto diet anymore, but since I am only eating once a day intermittent fasting has pushed my weight down to 78 kg were I stand today!

I do long walks  a couple of times a week and have also started some light weightlifting.

So went from 100,5 kg in April to 78 kg  now in September!

I still have 3-4 kg of extra fat around my belly and waist so will try to push it down a little bit further to 75 kg!:wink:

Plahgat

1 meal a day! ....can you do that for years? (Or is it short term fix and hope for the best)

I eat 4 meals a day, spread over 12 hours. Have been doing that for decades.

2 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

1 meal a day! ....can you do that for years? (Or is it short term fix and hope for the best)

I eat 4 meals a day, spread over 12 hours. Have been doing that for decades.

What do your meals consist of?

42 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

1 meal a day! ....can you do that for years? (Or is it short term fix and hope for the best)…..

Up until now I have only tried this whilst travelling (5 months a year), but just started it at home as well to try and keep the weight down.

If you eat a big and wellbalanced meal I think you can survive on it for 24 hours and still keep your weight !

My aim right now is to loose some weight, and then maybe continue with a 2 meals a day, late brunch and dinner only,

I never was much for an early breakfast any way.

Plahgat

• Like 2

1 hour ago, plahgat said:

Up until now I have only tried this whilst travelling (5 months a year), but just started it at home as well to try and keep the weight down.

If you eat a big and wellbalanced meal I think you can survive on it for 24 hours and still keep your weight !

My aim right now is to loose some weight, and then maybe continue with a 2 meals a day, late brunch and dinner only,

I never was much for an early breakfast any way.

Plahgat

Sounds difficult, even with two! .....but, good luck of course

2 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

What do your meals consist of?

2 eggs, ham, toast, tomato

Thick, good quality chicken soup

Chicken curry, rice, spinach .................and a cornetto :Party1:

Apple, yoghurt, berries, granola

- A fairly typlical day with as much coffee as i like :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

2 eggs, ham, toast, tomato

Thick, good quality chicken soup

Chicken curry, rice, spinach .................and a cornetto :Party1:

Apple, yoghurt, berries, granola

- A fairly typlical day with as much coffee as i like :)

If that´s all you eat in a day it´s not much more than I eat in my one meal.... except for the Cornetto! Lol :WinkGrin1:

Today I had 1 plain beefburger (100gram) with ketchup no bread, with 2 fried baconslices and a boiled egg,  

+ a big salad bowl including Iceberg salad, red cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow paprika, red onions, garlic and pumpkin seeds sprinkled with applecider vinegar, olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.

Finished off with Greek yoghurt with cinnamon.

To this I drink freshly squeezed juice from 3 pomegranates and 1 lime, mixed with sparkling mineral water.

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

6 minutes ago, plahgat said:

If that´s all you eat in a day it´s not much more than I eat in my one meal.... except for the Cornetto! Lol :WinkGrin1:

Today I had 1 plain beefburger (100gram) with ketchup no bread, with 2 fried baconslices and a boiled egg,  

+ a big salad bowl including Iceberg salad, red cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow paprika, red onions, garlic and pumpkin seeds sprinkled with applecider vinegar, olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.

Finished off with Greek yoghurt with cinnamon.

To this I drank freshly squeezed juice from 3 pomegranates and 1 lime, mixed with sparkling mineral water.

Plahgat

Nice! but there's 200g of chicken in just my curry lol

I'm off to the gym, but i can't wait to get back 555.......

IMG_0886.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I'm doing one meal a day, and it's taking fat off the waist that has stayed there for the last 8 years, trying strict paleo or  keto and eating 3 meals a day. 
OMAD is super effective, because of how powerfully your fat stores are hit  in that 20-22 hour fasting period.  And you can splurge on stuff you like once in a a while, but don't make it a habit.  (When the new season of Walking Dead premieres, my omad that Sunday will be a small pizza and a dessert most likely )

On ‎10‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 18:46, plahgat said:

Probably yes, but the problem for me would not be the quantity of food but the long time between each meal!

I doubt I can stay 10 hours without eating without my stomach rumbling for some food, even small.