Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How to slim down for Pattaya

Ben4454

On 4/22/2018 at 16:49, ocka said:

Eat less is pointless unless you are eating fewer calories.  Replacing a healthy dinner with a mars bar is eating less,  but will not take any weight off. The opposite will occur.

"Exercise more" is not an option for a morbidly obese person who needs to lose 150 pounds.  It will only result in injuries.

"Eat very few calories,  exercise the same" is a much better option for a very heavy person. 

I suggest "eat less and exercise more" and you take it to eating chocolate candy bars is not a good alternative and the morbidly obese shouldn't exercise "more"  cause "it will only result in injuries". ..Right, got it. 

Edited by Wolf Cat
  • Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 01:10, Ben4454 said:

I consider myself knowledgeable in a range of subjects, but a master of none. Although in dieting, I do think that I am king. In 2003, I lost 12 stone in 12 months.

I

I would weigh just over 1 stone if I followed your diet and lost 12 stone :Oops1:

I am doing a water fast right now, and today is my 15th day without eating anything but drinking water,

that I mix with "Nutrilett" a nutritional powder with all the essential minerals, vitamins, proteins...

I started to prepair one week before that by omitting all snacks and bread and only ate a full lunch once a day for that week.

My weight started at 100,5 kg three weeks ago and is now down to 89,0 kg!:)

No exercise more than normal walking.

Tomorrow I will start to finish my waterfast by doing a detox and arteries cleansing

by drinking some lemonwater with applecider vinager for a couple of days,

and then on Monday I will go over to intermittent fasting,

and start a LowCarb-HighFat diet, with just one meal a day.

My goal is to reach 77-78 kg this summer! :wink:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

On 4/21/2018 at 08:10, Ben4454 said:

I consider myself knowledgeable in a range of subjects, but a master of none. Although in dieting, I do think that I am king. In 2003, I lost 12 stone in 12 months. In 2009 I lost 4 stone in 3 months and just before my March trip last year, I lost 4 stone in 3.5 months. I really do think my knowledge could help someone in trying to lose weight. Every single time I diet I lose the amount of weight I wish to lose in the exact time frame. 

I think as we get more advanced in technology, people are always looking for the most scientific way of shedding weight. The more complex you make your diet, the more difficult it is to sustain. I do feel bad for the people who count calories, search online for that number one diet that may liberate them or follow some diet guru thinking that if they pay large amounts of money they will be successful.

First is first. Food is 50% and mindset is the other 50%. If you do not have the will power, no diet will work for you. There is no secret formula to success. It takes hard work and dedication, and maybe a little bit of pain. 

Have you read this and thought to yourself; I am going to go on a diet soon? Stop. Now is not the right time to diet. You have to mentally prepare to diet. You have to prepare your mind and body, otherwise you will give up. I think of dieting as building a house, you have to set the necessary foundations in order to achieve success. First off; start by telling co-workers and family that you're planning to go on a diet soon. At this point, charts and plans are a good thing. The reason for all of this is you're molding a barrier between your old life and new life. Set a date in advance. Write on a piece of paper saying for example 'On the 14th of May I will start my diet'. 

At the start of your diet, at this point you're monitoring how your body reacts to food. I recommened weighing yourself three times a day. This is done so you can learn more about your body. How much weight do you put on after eating your healthy meal? What about breakfast? How much do you lose in the night? These things are good to know in order to manage your weight.

If you put on 2 stone after dieting in one single day, than something is wrong with your current diet. What it means is you're either eating too much or not exercising enough. The more you exercise, the more food you can eat. If you decide to diet without exercise, then the amount of food you will eat will depend on how active you are during the day.

Stay away from

- Bread, butter, whole fat milk, chocolate/crisps, high fat dinners, alcohol, coca cola/fizzy drinks.

If you're eating a healthy dinner and you're still not losing, than you need to cut the portion size down of your dinner. A lot of people say to me, you cannot go from one extreme to the other; well I do always when dieting. I go from consuming 20 mars bars today to three meals and extremely healthy. The sad part of dieting is you are meant to feel hungry. This is the pain I was talking about. You have to go hungry so that your body can begin eating off that flabby ass and man boobs. 

A quick note; as you approach the end of your diet, you may wish to either exercise more or count down on portion sizes. I noticed when I reached the last hurdle, my body got used to what I was doing to it and it decided to say ''Nope, now we will lose no more weight''. This is the point where you need more motivation to continue and press even harder than before.

My food plan that works everytime

Cereal in the morning with low fat milk
A slice of Rye bread and fruit
A weightwatchers dinner
Snacking on bananas/oranges once in the day

As a sidenote; if you're drinking a lot of water , you will notice your weight going up. Don't worry about this as when you piss it out, you will go down again.

Every simple, every primitive, very effective.

The no bollocks guide to losing weight.

Stop eating more calories than you expel.

13 hours ago, plahgat said:

I am doing a water fast right now, and today is my 15th day without eating anything but drinking water,

that I mix with "Nutrilett" a nutritional powder with all the essential minerals, vitamins, proteins...

I started to prepair one week before that by omitting all snacks and bread and only ate a full lunch once a day for that week.

My weight started at 100,5 kg three weeks ago and is now down to 89,0 kg!:)

No exercise more than normal walking.

Tomorrow I will start to finish my waterfast by doing a detox and arteries cleansing

by drinking some lemonwater with applecider vinager for a couple of days,

and then on Monday I will go over to intermittent fasting,

and start a LowCarb-HighFat diet, with just one meal a day.

My goal is to reach 77-78 kg this summer! :wink:

Plahgat

I hope you are not serious about this “water “ diet bs

Everyone wants the quick fix when it comes to losing weight.

You don’t need to be on a “diet” , what you eat should become your lifestyle.

It should also be sustainable and enjoyable . Eating once a day is not sustainable.

you should rethink your food plan

I also do intermittent fasting.

im only a small guy but still eat 2400 calories a day over four meals.

carbs 40%

protein 30%

fats 30%

Edited by westie1

6 minutes ago, westie1 said:

I hope you are not serious about this “water “ diet bs

Everyone wants the quick fix when it comes to losing weight.

You don’t need to be on a “diet” , what you eat should become your lifestyle.

It should also be sustainable and enjoyable . Eating once a day is not sustainable.

i think you should rethink your food plan

I also do intermittent fasting.

im only a small guy but still eat 2400 calories a day over four meals.

carbs 40%

protein 30%

fats 30%

Water fasting is not a diet as you are not eating anything, and it's only for a limited period of time!

It's more of a cleansing and detox to get rid of some of the toxins that has accumulated in your body over time!

Added benefit is you will get rid of some fat as well!

Intermittent fasting is when you fast between the meals so that your body gets enough time to consume

and breakdown the food before your next meal!

3 or more meals a day is not considered fasting that's the normal western standard of Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner + snacks.

Intermittent fasting is 2 or 1 meal a day only.

It's not about the calories but more about what you eat!

Plahgat

• Like 2

Ive found over the years the best diet to be Bodyopus but the carb ups are too rigorous. So these days I stick to a cycled ketogenic diet with only one 6 hour carb load per week. This works wonders for me and I rarely feel hungry and have plenty of energy and good mood.

6 minutes ago, TiTan69 said:

Ive found over the years the best diet to be Bodyopus but the carb ups are too rigorous. So these days I stick to a cycled ketogenic diet with only one 6 hour carb load per week. This works wonders for me and I rarely feel hungry and have plenty of energy and good mood.

If I go on a very low carb diet

cut out all alcohol / snacks 

Drink 2/3 litres of water a day

Walk 6/7 miles a day

i can normally lose 4/5 kilos in a month

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pheat said:

If I go on a very low carb diet

cut out all alcohol / snacks 

Drink 2/3 litres of water a day

Walk 6/7 miles a day

i can normally lose 4/5 kilos in a month

yes it works doesn't it I keep carbs below 20 gms per day and walk for an hour before breakfast once in the routine I get used to it and it gets easier

5 minutes ago, TiTan69 said:

yes it works doesn't it I keep carbs below 20 gms per day and walk for an hour before breakfast once in the routine I get used to it and it gets easier

Yep works for me .

I even make my own low carb bread/ rolls using almond flour only takes a few minutes to make and pop in the oven for 30 minutes 

2 hours ago, plahgat said:

Water fasting is not a diet as you are not eating anything, and it's only for a limited period of time!

It's more of a cleansing and detox to get rid of some of the toxins that has accumulated in your body over time!

Added benefit is you will get rid of some fat as well!

Intermittent fasting is when you fast between the meals so that your body gets enough time to consume

and breakdown the food before your next meal!

3 or more meals a day is not considered fasting that's the normal western standard of Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner + snacks.

Intermittent fasting is 2 or 1 meal a day only.

It's not about the calories but more about what you eat!

Plahgat

Ammmmm I fast for 16 hours. My feed period is between 11-7 pm

i have been doing it on/off since last year.

come back to me when you have tried it

as for the water “diet” , you are starving yourself.

how could you not lose weight. 

And your magic supplement, I’m sure it costs plenty and has Fuck all nutritional values. 

Im not having a go at you. I just think people want the quick fix.

starving yourself is not the answer 

Edited by westie1

Some 6 months ago I returned from Patts, in what can only be described as 'Lardy - Bloater' mode. I had one UK mate visit for 2 weeks, then I had the family come down from Udon to Pattaya for a week, then I had another UK buddy over for 3 weeks. Wowww, I ballooned up. I was disgusted with how I looked and vowed to get it sorted starting that very day.

OK guys so 26 weeks later, how is my diet/exercise regime going?

But first, a little bit of context. When younger, I was a serious gym bunny and from 22 - 42, I weighed in 75 kg around 12 stones (5'10" or 180 cm). As I reached the top of my career ladder, I had less time for the gym, but still did a little training. So, I arrived as an Expat in Patts in 2011 in decent shape for a man my age (56 then and 62 now), weighing in at 80kg. Indeed, I recall my first GFE calling one of her mates over to meet me - proud that I wasn't pompui like the other falang. However, fast forward 6 months and I had ballooned up to 89kg - I was fat. Indeed, I remained fat until my wake-up call 6 months ago. So, I decided to try and do something about it. I  lost around 9-10kg in the first three months and since then I am maintaining this, while also 'bulking up a little via weight training. What works for me is:

1) Get a calorie counter app - measure how many calories daily (UK NHS one is very good).

2) Exercise - I golf (walking) three times a week (each worth about 1,500kl), also 3 times a week I do 15 minutes Muay Thai on a heavy bag+30 minutes circuit training using dumbell exercises +15 minutes bike (estimate each of these 1 hour sessions might be 800-1000kl). I have also embarked on the 100 daily press ups for 30 days challenge.When I completed the 30 days I just carried on and it's now part of my daily routine.

3) Cut out certain 'bad foods'  - there are certain things I have cut out entirely and replaced with other things. No more delicious ham and cheese breakfast omelettes from my missus, instead its weetabix, with fat-free yoghurt and fruit. . Cut out processed foods (eg pies) and eat lean meat (chicken instead - learned to prepare and cook as well, I now enjoy preparing my own grub). For the first 3 months, I cut out bread entirely - Ryvita being the new bread (Ryvita with onion tmato and a little cheese is delicious grilled); I now am a little more relaxed about making the odd sandwich or piece of toast.

4) Eat Less - Just reduce portion sizes a little

5) No late night snacking - previously, pissed-up I have staggered into Robin's Nest countless times and got double (4 slices) of delicious cheddar cheese on toast!

6 Cut out beer - I love beer, but it just isn't possible for me to have a decent waistline if I am a beer monster. I now drink a lot less than I used to and am now drinking Jack Daniels with Soda over ice.

My results haven't been earth shattering, but they have been steady. Lost around 9-10kg so far. My waist went from 37/38 to 35/36 after 3 months and is down now to 34/35 after 6 months. Ideally,  i want it down to 33/34. As I mentioned, latterly I have started weight training to try and 'buff' the body up a little. Lifting heavy weights (even mixing it in with cardio) makes weight reduction more difficult, but for me its the way to go.

It's very easy as an Expat to let your life-style slide,  leading to ballooning up, and as an older dude, I can tell you that it's much harder shedding the blubber than it was putting it on :D

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

The fundamentals are correct. 

No rubbish such as alcohol, soft drinks, chocolate/cakes/biscuits/pastries, greasy fast food etc.

Daily, or at least frequent exercise.

And importantly, reduce your meal portions. Most people eat far more than they need to. This is a habit and not a requirement. You should never eat to the point of feeling full.

Once you get down to your required weight, slowly start introducing periodic treats, such as a night out with dinner, some alcohol, maybe dessert. But make sure you follow this with a low calorie day. That is the uncomfortable part and the reason why most fall off the wagon and yoyo back up again. I have two low calorie days per week, but I mix this in with a few dinners out and the occasional big night on the booze. And I weigh myself every couple of days and adjust my diet accordingly. It's much easier to lose a kilo or two than suddenly having to lose 10 or 15 kilos if you have taken your eye off the ball.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Some 6 months ago I returned from Patts, in what can only be described as 'Lardy - Bloater' mode. I had one UK mate visit for 2 weeks, then I had the family come down from Udon to Pattaya for a week, then I had another UK buddy over for 3 weeks. Wowww, I ballooned up. I was disgusted with how I looked and vowed to get it sorted starting that very day.

OK guys so 26 weeks later, how is my diet/exercise regime going?

But first, a little bit of context. When younger, I was a serious gym bunny and from 22 - 42, I weighed in 75 kg around 12 stones (5'10" or 180 cm). As I reached the top of my career ladder, I had less time for the gym, but still did a little training. So, I arrived as an Expat in Patts in 2011 in decent shape for a man my age (56 then and 62 now), weighing in at 80kg. Indeed, I recall my first GFE calling one of her mates over to meet me - proud that I wasn't pompui like the other falang. However, fast forward 6 months and I had ballooned up to 89kg - I was fat. Indeed, I remained fat until my wake-up call 6 months ago. So, I decided to try and do something about it. I  lost around 9-10kg in the first three months and since then I am maintaining this, while also 'bulking up a little via weight training. What works for me is:

1) Get a calorie counter app - measure how many calories daily (UK NHS one is very good).

2) Exercise - I golf (walking) three times a week (each worth about 1,500kl), also 3 times a week I do 15 minutes muay thai on a heavy bag+30 minutes circuit training using dumbell exercises +15 minutes bike (estimate each of these 1 hour sessions might be 800-1000kl). I have also embarked on the 100 daily press ups for 30 days challenge.When I completed the 30 days I just carried on and it's now part of my daily routine.

3) Cut out certain 'bad foods'  - there are certain things I have cut out entirely and replaced with other things. No more delicious ham and cheese breakfast omelettes from my missus, instead its weetabix, with fat-free yoghurt and fruit. . Cut out processed foods (eg pies) and eat lean meat (chicken instead - learned to prepare and cook as well, I now enjoy preparing my own grub). For the first 3 months, I cut out bread entirely - Ryvita being the new bread (Ryvita with onion tmato and a little cheese is delicious grilled); I now am a little more relaxed about making the odd sandwich or piece of toast.

4) Eat Less - Just reduce portion sizes a little

5) No late night snacking - previously, pissed-up I have staggered into Robin's Nest countless times and got double (4 slices) of delicious cheddar cheese on toast!

6 Cut out beer - I love beer, but it just isn't possible for me to have a decent waistline if I am a beer monster. I now drink a lot less than I used to and am now drinking Jack Daniels with Soda over ice.

My results haven't been earth shattering, but they have been steady. Lost around 9-10kg so far. My waist went from 37/38 to 35/36 after 3 months and is down now to 34/35 after 6 months. Ideally,  i want it down to 33/34. As I mentioned, latterly I have started weight training to try and 'buff' the body up a little. Lifting heavy weights (even mixing it in with cardio) makes weight reduction more difficult, but for me its the way to go.

It's very easy as an Expat to let your life-style slide,  leading to ballooning up, and as an older dude, I can tell you that it's much harder shedding the blubber than it was putting it on :D

+1 on the whiskey sodas.

beer bloats me out 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, westie1 said:

Ammmmm I fast for 16 hours. My feed period is between 11-7 pm

i have been doing it on/off since last year.

come back to me when you have tried it

as for the water “diet” , you are starving yourself.

how could you not lose weight. 

And your magic supplement, I’m sure it costs plenty and has Fuck all nutritional values. 

Im not having a go at you. I just think people want the quick fix.

starving yourself is not the answer 

My normal eating routine when at home is similar to yours 10:00-18:00 pm, with breakfast/lunch/dinner.

The problem for me is too much snacks in between meals and too little exercise,

so even if I have a long fasting period during night it is not enough to burn all the carbs I eat during the day!

But for the last 3 years I've done one meal a day for 5 months during my stays in Thailand,

so I have tried it! :rolleyes:

Last year I went from 100 kg to 83 kg = -17 kg  during my 5 months holiday in Thailand.

I eat less carbs and walk for hours everyday, which together with one-meal a day makes a big difference.

As long as I have a layer of excess fat I'm not starving myself! :rolleyes:

The body simply switches to burn fat instead of sugar, it's called ketosis!

As long as you drink enough water and get the essential salts, minerals, vitamins and proteins, 

and don't have any other underlying sicknesses or are on certain drugs,

short time water-fasting isn't dangerous at all!

Fasting has been done by people all over the world for 1000s of years!

Real starvation starts when you have depleted all fat depots and other stored nutrients.

Nothing "magic" about my supplement "Nutrilett" , here are the ingredients: (sorry it's only in Swedish)

SOJAPROTEIN, fructose, SOJAFIBER, socker, emulgeringsmedel (SOJALECITIN), sojafettpulver (SOJAOLJA, glukossirap, MJÖLK-/MÆLKEPROTEIN, stabiliseringsmedel (trifosfater), naturlig arom), SKUMMET MJÖLK/MÆLK KVARTG/KVARK (2%), bringebær/hallon/hindbær (1 %), färgämne (rödbetsrött/rødbeder), stabiliseringsmedel (guarkärnmjöl/guargummi, xantangummi). naturliga aromer/naturlig aromaer, mineraler*, vitaminer*. *MINERALER: trinatriumcitrat, kaliumklorid, trimagnesiumcitrat, trikalciumcitrat, trikalciumfosfat, natriumklorid, järnfumarat, zinksulfat, kopparglukonat, mangansulfat, natriummolubdat, kaliumjodid, kromklorid, natriumselenit. *VITAMINER: : L-askorbinsyra (vitamin C), nikotinamid (vitamin B3), DL-alfa-tokoferylacetat (vitamin E) kalcium-D-pantotenat (vitamin B5), pyridoxinhydroklorid (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), tiaminhydroklorid (vitamin B1), retinylacetat (vitamin A), pteroylmonoglutaminsyra (folsyra), D-biotin, Fyllokinon (vitamin K), kolekalciferol (vitamin D), cyanokobalamin (vitamin B12).

This is simply a low calorie-supplement there are still sugars/carbohydrates and other ingredients like Soy,

that doesn't follow the Keto/Paleo/LCHF Diet.

Nutrilett webpage 

These supplements are wellknown in Sweden for over 20 years now,

and recommended by dietists as well as doctors as a quick and safe way to loose weight.

My Calorie intake when using this supplement is about 600-700 calories a day.

This threads title was how to slim down for Pattaya, and there are many ways to do it,

but water fasting is the fastest way too loose weight, it might not be for everyone though

as you need to have a lot of stamina, endurance and willpower!:wink:

Loosing weight is not that hard, hardest is to keep it, biggest hurdles are to change your lifestyle,

especially when you are surrounded by family, friends and media doing there best to disrupt you!:unsure:

Plahgat

In relation to my post above. The missus, nipper and I are off for dinner tonight in Udon Thani (restaurant called 'Charge it Up'), anyway, I tried on a pair of 'strides' (Manchester speak for trousers); now I hadn't worn these for a few months (they used to fit perfectly) and WTF...they were enormous on me. Result!!! :Bow:

About a month before go I completely eliminate any refined white sugars or white flours from my diet and stop drinking any alcohol.

Typically, during the working week, I'll only consume a couple of pieces of fruit and a handful of nuts whilst drinking black coffee and lemon green tea. I find that helps to kill the appetite.

Will only eat one proper meal in the evening, something like a couple of cans of tuna in oil with a mix of steamed vegetables and long grain rice. At weekends I will consume a bit more, maybe a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and something like chicken and green beans for lunch. Any carbs I eat are moderate. No problem with high fats and proteins, which tend also to kill the hunger.

All the time I'm drinking maybe 4 litres of water a day.

On top of this I exercise in the gym near my work 5 times a week at lunchtime (another way to curtail the appetite). I do cardio for 30 mins and attempt to reach an exercising heart rate of 160 bpm (200 less my age). At weekends I'll lift weights (2 x 30 mins of medium reps, variety of exercises).

I normally find this gets me down to about 14 stones before going, but I'll balloon up to about 15 and a half in the course of a two week stay in Pattaya. When I come back it normally takes me another couple of weeks to get over the calorie cravings and I can go as high as 16.

As has been mentioned before, its all about routine and discipline and changing your body's habits

1 hour ago, plahgat said:

My normal eating routine when at home is similar to yours 10:00-18:00 pm, with breakfast/lunch/dinner.

The problem for me is too much snacks in between meals and too little exercise,

so even if I have a long fasting period during night it is not enough to burn all the carbs I eat during the day!

But for the last 3 years I've done one meal a day for 5 months during my stays in Thailand,

so I have tried it! :rolleyes:

Last year I went from 100 kg to 83 kg = -17 kg  during my 5 months holiday in Thailand.

I eat less carbs and walk for hours everyday, which together with one-meal a day makes a big difference.

As long as I have a layer of excess fat I'm not starving myself! :rolleyes:

The body simply switches to burn fat instead of sugar, it's called ketosis!

As long as you drink enough water and get the essential salts, minerals, vitamins and proteins, 

and don't have any other underlying sicknesses or are on certain drugs,

short time water-fasting isn't dangerous at all!

Fasting has been done by people all over the world for 1000s of years!

Real starvation starts when you have depleted all fat depots and other stored nutrients.

Nothing "magic" about my supplement "Nutrilett" , here are the ingredients: (sorry it's only in Swedish)

SOJAPROTEIN, fructose, SOJAFIBER, socker, emulgeringsmedel (SOJALECITIN), sojafettpulver (SOJAOLJA, glukossirap, MJÖLK-/MÆLKEPROTEIN, stabiliseringsmedel (trifosfater), naturlig arom), SKUMMET MJÖLK/MÆLK KVARTG/KVARK (2%), bringebær/hallon/hindbær (1 %), färgämne (rödbetsrött/rødbeder), stabiliseringsmedel (guarkärnmjöl/guargummi, xantangummi). naturliga aromer/naturlig aromaer, mineraler*, vitaminer*. *MINERALER: trinatriumcitrat, kaliumklorid, trimagnesiumcitrat, trikalciumcitrat, trikalciumfosfat, natriumklorid, järnfumarat, zinksulfat, kopparglukonat, mangansulfat, natriummolubdat, kaliumjodid, kromklorid, natriumselenit. *VITAMINER: : L-askorbinsyra (vitamin C), nikotinamid (vitamin B3), DL-alfa-tokoferylacetat (vitamin E) kalcium-D-pantotenat (vitamin B5), pyridoxinhydroklorid (vitamin B6), riboflavin (vitamin B2), tiaminhydroklorid (vitamin B1), retinylacetat (vitamin A), pteroylmonoglutaminsyra (folsyra), D-biotin, Fyllokinon (vitamin K), kolekalciferol (vitamin D), cyanokobalamin (vitamin B12).

This is simply a low calorie-supplement there are still sugars/carbohydrates and other ingredients like Soy,

that doesn't follow the Keto/Paleo/LCHF Diet.

Nutrilett webpage 

These supplements are wellknown in Sweden for over 20 years now,

and recommended by dietists as well as doctors as a quick and safe way to loose weight.

My Calorie intake when using this supplement is about 600-700 calories a day.

This threads title was how to slim down for Pattaya, and there are many ways to do it,

but water fasting is the fastest way too loose weight, it might not be for everyone though

as you need to have a lot of stamina, endurance and willpower!:wink:

Loosing weight is not that hard, hardest is to keep it, biggest hurdles are to change your lifestyle,

especially when you are surrounded by family, friends and media doing there best to disrupt you!:unsure:

Plahgat

your current/planned eating habits will not be sustainable.

you seem to yo yo. Lose weight, then ballon again

you need to find a balance and you need better eating habits.

On average a normal person will need 2500 calories.

you can find an online calculator to calculate your BMR base metabolic rate.

then another calculator to calculate your TDEE total daily energy expenditure.

once you starve yourself to your ideal weight, I would seriously consider a healthier approach to eating. Stop stuffing  your face, then starving yourself. It’s not healthy 

take a look at myfitnesspal app. 

Just now, westie1 said:

your current/planned eating habits will not be sustainable.

you seem to yo yo. Lose weight, then ballon again

you need to find a balance and you need better eating habits.

On average a normal person will need 2500 calories.

you can find an online calculator to calculate your BMR base metabolic rate.

then another calculator to calculate your TDEE total daily energy expenditure.

once you starve yourself to your ideal weight, I would seriously consider a healthier approach to eating. Stop stuffing  your face, then starving yourself. It’s not healthy 

take a look at myfitnesspal app. 

Btw intermittent fasting is not a magic bullet.

if you keep a calorie surplus, you will put on weigh. If you are in a calorie deficit you will lose weight. 

Keto + IM Fasting is a deadly combo, My friend has personally reduced around 17kgs (from 94kg to 77kg), He stuck to the plan and never fell off the track. He made sure he didnot eat rice or anything that is carb rich. Avoided sugar completely. He is on track to reach 75kgs. He did this in 7 months time, yes it takes time and sincerity and sticking on to plan. Check reddit, they have a subforum for keto which is very helpful and also check CICO (Carb In Carb Out) subforum on reddit.

5 minutes ago, johnhudson87 said:

Keto + IM Fasting is a deadly combo, My friend has personally reduced around 17kgs (from 94kg to 77kg), He stuck to the plan and never fell off the track. He made sure he didnot eat rice or anything that is carb rich. Avoided sugar completely. He is on track to reach 75kgs. He did this in 7 months time, yes it takes time and sincerity and sticking on to plan. Check reddit, they have a subforum for keto which is very helpful and also check CICO (Carb In Carb Out) subforum on reddit.

Yes I used this except these days I carb load once per week when I was power lifting my weight was around 19 stone I gave up powerlifting back to ordinary training with dieting its taken 12 months to get to 13 stone

• Like 1

3 hours ago, westie1 said:

+1 on the whiskey sodas.

beer bloats me out 

I tried pastis and soda, and frankly it tastes disgusting.  I do like pastis and cola, so it's not the pastis that tastes disgusting.

Sangsom and coke is fine (except that it costs more than draft beer).  I wonder if I can switch to soda and whisky.

19 minutes ago, wadman said:

I tried pastis and soda, and frankly it tastes disgusting.  I do like pastis and cola, so it's not the pastis that tastes disgusting.

Sangsom and coke is fine (except that it costs more than draft beer).  I wonder if I can switch to soda and whisky.

I took me a while to adjust to the soda.

i used to drink a dozen+ whiskey cokes on a night out. This was after a few beers.

the amount of sugar I was consuming was not healthy.

im just back from two weeks in Pattaya and drank most nights.

it was either sangsom and soda or whiskey soda.

49 minutes ago, johnhudson87 said:

I must be lucky. 40% of my daily food intake is carbs and I still lose weight.

i don’t believe all carbs are bad. 

i said it in a earlier post.

Calorie surplus = weight gain . Calorie deficit = weight loss

fair play to your buddy. I looked at keto and it just wasn’t for me 

• Like 1