IGNORED

How to slim down for Pattaya

Ben4454

25 minutes ago, rainman333 said:

i disagree.  One meal a day has many benefits especially for those who are older due to slow metabolism rate.

A sedate 70 year old still needs 2000 cals a day. 

4 hours ago, Robert Loto said:

One meal a day is not good 

4 small meals is better 

Ok, thank you.

On 14/12/2018 at 14:24, plahgat said:

Drink: Pomme Granate and Lime mixed freshly made juice.

1771966647_diet2.JPG.cf891f6b9568211b792a311fe31a32d1.JPG

Plahgat

All the food looks great.  Similar to how I eat.  I do love pomegranates and wouldn't mind having the juice once in a while.  How do you juice them?  Do you remove all the seeds first or is their an easier way to do it?

Edited by utopia

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 16:10, Ben4454 said:

I consider myself knowledgeable in a range of subjects, but a master of none. Although in dieting, I do think that I am king. In 2003, I lost 12 stone in 12 months. In 2009 I lost 4 stone in 3 months and just before my March trip last year, I lost 4 stone in 3.5 months. I really do think my knowledge could help someone in trying to lose weight. Every single time I diet I lose the amount of weight I wish to lose in the exact time frame. 

I think as we get more advanced in technology, people are always looking for the most scientific way of shedding weight. The more complex you make your diet, the more difficult it is to sustain. I do feel bad for the people who count calories, search online for that number one diet that may liberate them or follow some diet guru thinking that if they pay large amounts of money they will be successful.

First is first. Food is 50% and mindset is the other 50%. If you do not have the will power, no diet will work for you. There is no secret formula to success. It takes hard work and dedication, and maybe a little bit of pain. 

Have you read this and thought to yourself; I am going to go on a diet soon? Stop. Now is not the right time to diet. You have to mentally prepare to diet. You have to prepare your mind and body, otherwise you will give up. I think of dieting as building a house, you have to set the necessary foundations in order to achieve success. First off; start by telling co-workers and family that you're planning to go on a diet soon. At this point, charts and plans are a good thing. The reason for all of this is you're molding a barrier between your old life and new life. Set a date in advance. Write on a piece of paper saying for example 'On the 14th of May I will start my diet'. 

At the start of your diet, at this point you're monitoring how your body reacts to food. I recommened weighing yourself three times a day. This is done so you can learn more about your body. How much weight do you put on after eating your healthy meal? What about breakfast? How much do you lose in the night? These things are good to know in order to manage your weight.

If you put on 2 stone after dieting in one single day, than something is wrong with your current diet. What it means is you're either eating too much or not exercising enough. The more you exercise, the more food you can eat. If you decide to diet without exercise, then the amount of food you will eat will depend on how active you are during the day.

Stay away from

- Bread, butter, whole fat milk, chocolate/crisps, high fat dinners, alcohol, coca cola/fizzy drinks.

If you're eating a healthy dinner and you're still not losing, than you need to cut the portion size down of your dinner. A lot of people say to me, you cannot go from one extreme to the other; well I do always when dieting. I go from consuming 20 mars bars today to three meals and extremely healthy. The sad part of dieting is you are meant to feel hungry. This is the pain I was talking about. You have to go hungry so that your body can begin eating off that flabby ass and man boobs. 

A quick note; as you approach the end of your diet, you may wish to either exercise more or count down on portion sizes. I noticed when I reached the last hurdle, my body got used to what I was doing to it and it decided to say ''Nope, now we will lose no more weight''. This is the point where you need more motivation to continue and press even harder than before.

My food plan that works everytime

Cereal in the morning with low fat milk
A slice of Rye bread and fruit
A weightwatchers dinner
Snacking on bananas/oranges once in the day

As a sidenote; if you're drinking a lot of water , you will notice your weight going up. Don't worry about this as when you piss it out, you will go down again.

Every simple, every primitive, very effective.

The no bollocks guide to losing weight.

I didn't need to lose weight I lost a stone on my first trip to Thailand I could handle the food really fish not my cuppa tea and they put fish or oyster sauce on everything. but I gradually found places to eat that I could handle 

We are no longer a population that wakes up at 4 am starts farm work by feeding the animals, then do basic chores and then ready for meal one breakfast. Then to the fields for 4 hours work and ready for meal two lunch, then to the fields and 5 hours later ready for meal three dinner, then go out for final feeding and bedding of the animal stock and go in the house for some relaxing before bed. Repeat.

That hard working person needs three meals and a lot of calories. Us office working and comparatively easy job workers don’t need a three meal plan. Construction workers and similar may need three meals but not all of our society. Nutritionist gave it wrong in so many ways. 

20 hours ago, utopia said:

All the food looks great.  Similar to how I eat.  I do love pomegranates and wouldn't mind having the juice once in a while.  How do you juice them?  Do you remove all the seeds first or is their an easier way to do it?

You open and deseed it fastest way like in this video:

On the left in my photo there is a plastic potato masher that I used to get the juice from the seeds! :rolleyes:

I just put the fleshy seeds in there and press out the juice, while the seeds will stay in the masher as they won´t pass through the holes in the mesh at the bottom!

I have since bought a metallic potato masher that I use nowadays that is more durable! :wink:

Plahgat

DSCN6256b.JPG.e1184a3918c5aef1b7d4d4eed9078693.JPG

DSCN6257b.JPG.b076dac397d5b6ed1ad74b9bf7b20058.JPG

DSCN6258b.JPG.a958ea72f83ca3abe3320424fefbb632.JPG

Edited by plahgat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

When no money... she no give honey! 

How to slim down eight kilos in five weeks:

22:00 - 14:00: Only raw vegetables, sparingly (mild form of intermittent fasting)

Morning - 14:00: Plenty of coffee and non-sugary soft drinks. Raw vegetables sparingly.

14:00: 30 grams of protein (eating lean food such as low fat cottage cheese, ham, skin-free chicken), and raw vegetables

14:00 - 18:00 Coffee, non-sugary soft drinks, raw vegetables sparingly

18:00: Same as 14:00

18:00 - 22.00: Frozen cherries as snacks

22:00: Same as 14:00

In addition, a vitamin pill, and orlistat if there is too much fat in the meals.

Absolutely no starch such as bread, rice, pasta, no alcohol, and no fruit.

The hunger disappears with nicotine replacement lozenges (I’m a non-smoker). Without it, I wouldn’t have been able do to it. The nicotine replaces the hunger with a pleasurable feeling, in minutes. Amazing.

I’m not recommending this diet, just telling what has worked for me, after countless failed diets. Still another 6 kilos to go. And hoping I haven’t become addicted to nicotine...

Edited by MarcusS

Porque la vida es sueño, y los sueños sueños son

We are no longer a population that wakes up at 4 am starts farm work by feeding the animals, then do basic chores and then ready for meal one breakfast. Then to the fields for 4 hours work and ready for meal two lunch, then to the fields and 5 hours later ready for meal three dinner, then go out for final feeding and bedding of the animal stock and go in the house for some relaxing before bed. Repeat.
That hard working person needs three meals and a lot of calories. Us office working and comparatively easy job workers don’t need a three meal plan. Construction workers and similar may need three meals but not all of our society. Nutritionist gave it wrong in so many ways. 

Back when i was a kid 70s 80s when everyone had 3 meals a day and had the same type of jobs as now there weren't many fat people about, so 3 meals a day isn't the problem, its the constant feeding and junk people do now
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:

Back when i was a kid 70s 80s when everyone had 3 meals a day and had the same type of jobs as now there weren't many fat people about, so 3 meals a day isn't the problem, its the constant feeding and junk people do now

I disagree with your premise. In the 70s there were a higher proportion of physical jobs. I do agree there was less junk food consumed though. But then we were far, far more active. There were far people and out of shape people. Even very far people. But the proportion was not as high as now, I agree with that notion.  

I disagree with your premise. In the 70s there were a higher proportion of physical jobs. I do agree there was less junk food consumed though. But then we were far, far more active. There were far people and out of shape people. Even very far people. But the proportion was not as high as now, I agree with that notion.  
Plenty of office jobs in the 70s and 80s, less fat people in those jobs, much more junk food now and constant feeding. We have different views which is fine

23 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
On 20/06/2019 at 20:40, norton said:

Plenty of office jobs in the 70s and 80s, less fat people in those jobs, much more junk food now and constant feeding. We have different views which is fine

Did you read my post. I agreed with all you said but one small part. So different views is not accurate. But we can leave it at this. 

On 20/06/2019 at 12:50, plahgat said:

....metallic potato masher that I use nowadays that is more durable! :wink:

Plahgat

DSCN6256b.JPG.e1184a3918c5aef1b7d4d4eed9078693.JPG

Cool thanks for tip.  I have one of those potato ricers, I'll give it a go once I go back home.

Edited by utopia

On 19/06/2019 at 13:53, Boardmarker said:

Ok, thank you.

If your 70 u made it this far as I know I workout & need food 

if I didn’t have my coffee I be doing 

25 to life got to have my coffee 

How to slim down eight kilos in five weeks:
22:00 - 14:00: Only raw vegetables, sparingly (mild form of intermittent fasting)
Morning - 14:00: Plenty of coffee and non-sugary soft drinks. Raw vegetables sparingly.
14:00: 30 grams of protein (eating lean food such as low fat cottage cheese, ham, skin-free chicken), and raw vegetables
14:00 - 18:00 Coffee, non-sugary soft drinks, raw vegetables sparingly
18:00: Same as 14:00
18:00 - 22.00: Frozen cherries as snacks
22:00: Same as 14:00
In addition, a vitamin pill, and orlistat if there is too much fat in the meals.
Absolutely no starch such as bread, rice, pasta, no alcohol, and no fruit.
The hunger disappears with nicotine replacement lozenges (I’m a non-smoker). Without it, I wouldn’t have been able do to it. The nicotine replaces the hunger with a pleasurable feeling, in minutes. Amazing.
I’m not recommending this diet, just telling what has worked for me, after countless failed diets. Still another 6 kilos to go. And hoping I haven’t become addicted to nicotine...

Where is your energy coming from? Without the carbs, you need the fat...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Where is your energy coming from? Without the carbs, you need the fat...

Energy to do what ...unless you are exercising intensely, do you really need much?

I couldn't possibly follow his food plan, but if it works for him, then thats cool.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

The biggest thing for me is appetite regulation. 

Sure I've lost weight with eat less and move more but it is difficult and easy to fall off the wagon. Not to mention you constantly feel like you are restricting yourself, and are always hungry and irritable and one "fuck it" moment away from a binge which seems to undo a weeks worth of effort. 

I do my own version of Keto and don't follow the keto cult. I eat until I am full eating unprocessed foods, and don't eat again until I am hungry. Weight loss is effortless and maintenance is a breeze too. 

It's not rocket science... although it took me 20 years of adult life to realise that. 

Lack of discipline in portion control is by far the biggest contributor to worldwide obesity rates. Not carbs, not fats, not the food itself. This is why people have actually lost weight eating anything they wanted from McDonald's, every single day for several months as part of an experiment. They ate what they wanted, but they also ate equal to or less than daily maintenance calories, while also exercising.

Time spent exercising has either decreased or stayed the same, while intake of calories has risen. You just cannot overcome that. It is basic common sense to lose weight you eat less. That is how bodybuilders get ripped going into competition. 

Through many years society has conditioned itself to eat larger and larger portions and this has been insidious as we aren't even aware of how much more we are eating today at each meal as compared to decades ago. We think we are eating normally but in fact we are consuming a lot more than we think we are.

5d08e2f6a4a0bf49a7dae60dc81158f1.png

portion distortion.jpg

64b0e0a57acc9100ed42e564f41552d8.jpg

• Like 2

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Currently on a “shit! I’ve only got 2 months to lose weight before Pattaya!” diet.

My biggest problem/hurdle is that I am a Type 1 diabetic (insulin dependent). If I’m struggling with low blood sugar, I have to drink fruit juice or eat glucose powder to get it high enough so that I can exercise. That effectively wrecks my calorie intake for the day. Some days I can’t seem to get it to rise no matter how much I consume. Very frustrating.

When my blood sugar level remains “high enough” (but not TOO high), exercise and lots of fruits, vegetables and food high in water content has me on a steady downward path.

I still need to ramp it up in the coming weeks though. Not gonna be remotely near my goal, but hoping to be closer to it than I am now.

I eat like Homer Simpson when back at my place, i sit or lie down and then start the steady flow of constant eating, but I'm very fit and a healthy weight, the only way i get away with it is the amount of calories i burn whilst exercising. If you don't exercise enough you have to cut the eating, it's very simple.

Eat decent filling meals and cut the junk and empty calories

Lack of discipline in portion control is by far the biggest contributor to worldwide obesity rates. Not carbs, not fats, not the food itself. This is why people have actually lost weight eating anything they wanted from McDonald's, every single day for several months as part of an experiment. They ate what they wanted, but they also ate equal to or less than daily maintenance calories, while also exercising.
Time spent exercising has either decreased or stayed the same, while intake of calories has risen. You just cannot overcome that. It is basic common sense to lose weight you eat less. That is how bodybuilders get ripped going into competition. 
Through many years society has conditioned itself to eat larger and larger portions and this has been insidious as we aren't even aware of how much more we are eating today at each meal as compared to decades ago. We think we are eating normally but in fact we are consuming a lot more than we think we are.

5d08e2f6a4a0bf49a7dae60dc81158f1.png.49981f7fe5ad2887f313f9254b300c97.png
1073589977_portiondistortion.jpg.aab9fbb6058562ddd99b945a30f46499.jpg
64b0e0a57acc9100ed42e564f41552d8.jpg.662111e2f1a0d26a4512005ba9ef05f1.jpg

Portion control is a part of it, but it is easy to overeat “comfort foods” aka junk food. Try to overeat salads and unprocessed whole foods. It is not as easy.

14 minutes ago, hioctane said:

Portion control is a part of it, but it is easy to overeat “comfort foods” aka junk food. Try to overeat salads and unprocessed whole foods. It is not as easy.

Very easy to overeat rice, pasta and bread IMO ....and the problem there is that they are perceived as healthier than junk food, so best have some cake as a reward lol

Very easy to overeat rice, pasta and bread IMO ....and the problem there is that they are perceived as healthier than junk food, so best have some cake as a reward lol

Carbs from rice, bread and pasta are not considered wholesome or healthy.

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

Carbs from rice, bread and pasta are not considered wholesome or healthy.

Fair enough, but a lot of sports pro's will use rice and pasta as a staple of many meals.

also ...i eat them 5 days each week and look at me :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by taylor1975

On 20/06/2019 at 19:23, Scuba+ said:

Muscle to fat body ratio to. I can eat a lot more and not gain weight when I am significantly muscular and less fat vs the opposite. Fat is a catalyst to more fat. It’s a downward spiral that accelerates as you spiral into the fat dimension. 

Muscle to fat body ratio to. I can eat a lot more and not gain weight when I am significantly muscular and less fat vs the opposite. Fat is a catalyst to more fat. It’s a downward spiral that accelerates as you spiral into the fat dimension. 

I am guessing when you was muscular you was also working out to burn off that fat. I am also guessing the fat slob is using dumbells as a paper weight!