Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How to slim down for Pattaya

Ben4454

If anyone is serious about losing weight, not just talking about it or thinking “oh I should do this or I should do that” then watch Joe Cross’ free movie on YouTube entitled Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.  He juices fruit and veggies and lives off that for a couple of months.  Totally recovers his health and recovers from obesity and some chronic illnesses that he was taking a heap of medication for.  

I’m halfway through the second week of having nothing but juice. It’s hard the first couple of days but by day four you have increased focus and energy.  I’m down 5kg so far (that will include water weight and whatever else so do take that with a grain of salt), I’m doing to do this for at least another week and a half if not two. 

Again - only for those who are serious and have the will to have a couple of uncomfortable days where you are fighting the cravings for fat and sugar.  It can be rough.  

Penn Jillette’s book Presto is also worth reading, he had a mono diet (just eating the same thing for a week or two purely to retrain the brain that food is fuel not entertainment) then lived off plant based food for six months or so and again, huge loss of weight, dangerous blood pressure fixed, arthritis medication etc halved if not removed altogether.  

This is the sort of thing that happens when you cut out all the garbage we usually eat.  I don’t drink or smoke, my weakness is eating shit junk food.  Which is fine in moderation.  It’s getting that apathy mindset or not having enough self respect to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT that’s the killer.  Once you get to a healthy weight you need to write it down and say ok, this is what I SHOULD weigh.  When (not if) I get a couple of kgs over that I’ll do some more exercise or watch what I eat for a week or two.  

Losing a kg or two is easy, anyone can do that. 

Not monitoring it and letting your excess weight get to five, ten, fifteen, twenty or more kgs is just madness.  And it’s FUCKING HARD to lose that kind of weight. We’ve all been there.  It’s slow suicide by food and it’s sad that we have so little self respect for ourselves that we let it get so out of hand.  

Edited by nzwolfgang
Typo
  • Like 2

Why do you need to lose weight for heading to Pattaya?

Every Thai girl I've been with says 'I like pumpui man' :D

Seriously though, kudos to Plaghat well done sir.

I did a fair amount or research on doing the ketosis water fast before I did it and I found the results pretty amazing.

In 4 months I lost 50lbs in weight. The 1st 2 days were the toughest as I found I had a small amount of hunger on day 1, then a bad headache and increased hunger on day 2, after that I felt it was pretty easy and I kept it going for 7 days. After the initial 7 days of waster fast I went back to just healthy eating and regular exercise for the next 3 weeks. I then repeated the same list above every 4 weeks.

On days 1 and 2 I found my energy was very low and I struggled to concentrate on work but after that I was buzzing and was doing a 1 hour cardio and weights work out every day. I also found my sleep patterns vastly improved and I woke up after 5 or 6 hours of proper sleep feeling really fresh.

I have continued to eat a healthy balanced diet and certainly eat ALOT more salads than I ever used to (oh if my mother could see that) I stick to no beer for Monday to Friday and allow myself beer for Saturday and Sunday.

I have put a bit of the weight back on recently but that was due to a knee injury that stopped me going to the gym, and I admit I was back on the beer for a bit.

But I'm back in the gym now and will start the program I did above for the next 4 months again.

My total target is to get my BMI into the healthy category (although I do think the BMI chart is complete bullshit) but unfortunately the offshore medical still uses this chart.

BMI is complete bullshit yes.  Look in the mirror and wiggle, if your gut bounces around then you’re fat.  If it doesn’t, you’re not. 

Apart from the obvious being exercise and watching what you eat, I find that simply changing the timing of when you eat can have a big impact on weight gain/loss. There have been times in my life where I have consistently eaten dinner very late (like around 9:00) before going to bed an hour later. My weight just balloons out of control. When normality is restored and I eat dinner at around 6:00 my weight is easier to control. Always have breakfast aswell, as it means you don't gorge yourself at lunch. Even if it's something small like yoghurt or some fruit

2 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

If anyone is serious about losing weight,

get advice from people who are qualified to give you advice and maybe like the OP possibly, try to find out why you want to, do you need to, and why you might be obsessed (addicted) with your weight, personal image, well-being being seen through these things - are you using weight control/eating/dieting as a way of stuffing down unpleasant feelings? Are you too obsessed with what you eat, dieting, weight control? Is it taking over your life?

I'm not trying to put anyone down - just asking people to 'think'

3 hours ago, jed§ said:

get advice from people who are qualified to give you advice

I got my 'age 40+' free health check at the GP. Simple blood tests and weight etc.

The nurse giving me the results and the talk that goes with them, must've been twice my weight and 10 yrs younger. The irony.

IMO there are people who know the theory, but i prefer to listen to those who have done it, consistently :)

A doctor is going to say oh watch what you eat, try to do some exercise, cut out the drink ...

And charge you money to tell you common fucking sense. 

2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

The nurse

I agree with you, taylor - she isn't qualified - nurses are not qualified to give advice about diet

1 hour ago, nzwolfgang said:

A doctor

Again, nzw etc, doctors are not qualified to give advice about diet, just as they aren't (nor are nurses) qualified to help people with drug addiction, alcohol addiction, or torn hamstrings. You'd need to be refereed to the appropriate group or person to deal with these.

Edited by jed§

• 2 months later...
On 09/09/2018 at 08:41, plahgat said:

Update.

End of my trip my weight did go down a little more to about 80 kg, as I cooked my own meals in my room and tried to avoid too many orange juices in the bars to keep the carb intake down.

I am now back in Sweden since 2 weeks and eat one big meal once a day, including a glass of freshly squeezed Lemon/Pome Grenade Juice and occasionally one fruit a day, so I am not on a strict keto diet anymore, but since I am only eating once a day intermittent fasting has pushed my weight down to 78 kg were I stand today!

I do long walks  a couple of times a week and have also started some light weightlifting.

So went from 100,5 kg in April to 78 kg  now in September!

I still have 3-4 kg of extra fat around my belly and waist so will try to push it down a little bit further to 75 kg!:wink:

Plahgat

Just an update!

I have continued with my one meal a a day regime, and my weight is now down to 72,8 kg from 100,5 kg in April! :rolleyes:

This is what I eat once a day:

Main meal: beefburger with stir fried egg and bacon, fried mushrooms and broccoli, and a bowl of mixed green salad in applecider vinager and olive oil.

1750063801_diet1.JPG.cbb3e3f3bba361171b14d1313e0f162b.JPG

Dessert: Fried Cinnamon apples with Greek yoghurt

1654466715_diet3.JPG.1ae7cbc86a394bcfe71bf4862b76a38c.JPG

Drink: Pomme Granate and Lime mixed freshly made juice.

1771966647_diet2.JPG.cf891f6b9568211b792a311fe31a32d1.JPG

Plahgat

Edited by plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

ive started my 12 week diet Pattaya preparation which is always the same 5 x 300 calorie meals each 3 hours apart each meal has 40 gms protein, also 45 mins walking before breakfast everyday works a treat for me

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Another inspiring example of "If you want it, you can do it" :

-200 lbs in 1 year...  :Bravo1:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ignore all the fad diets, keto, carb cycling etc.

First find out your maintainence calorie expenditure per day then subtract 500 calories a day which would give you a loss of 1 pound of fat per week. You can eat less or add cardio for more fat loss.

Download myfitnesspal app and track all the calories you eat. This made a huge difference to me as now I'm much less likely to snack on things if I see how many calories are in it first.

Also find low calorie snacks which you like. I use salt and vinegar rice cakes and zero sugar jelly.

You can eat junk food occasionally, I have a cheat meal once a week but ill drop a protein shake and healthy snack to even out the calories and do more cardio that day.

Keep carbs high as possible but from good sources, mainly vegetables. Higher carbs creates leptin, which burns fat, releases seratonin, keeps you from feeling hungry and keeps muscles full if you train.

If you do low carb, you'll probably feel hungry, awful, muscles will be flat due to low glycogen and leptin levels will decrease.

Hope some of this helps and good luck.

I've gone from around 22% body fat to around 17% so far and can almost see my abs.

• Like 3

I've lost weight recently purely by doing loads of exercise but that's not easily done by most people especially as Gyms are so boring and working long hours.

I would focus on 3 good meals a day so you are full up, like the old days and stop eating and drinking junk inbetween meals

• Like 2

I'm an advocate of a cooked breakfast - been eating the same thing for about 5 years now

2 eggs, toast, tomato and ham (eggs scrambled, cooked in microwave)

As we're sharing secrets: my evening snack is half a cup (not a bowl!) of granola, with berries and greek yoghurt

On 01/01/2019 at 07:48, taylor1975 said:

I'm an advocate of a cooked breakfast - been eating the same thing for about 5 years now

2 eggs, toast, tomato and ham (eggs scrambled, cooked in microwave)

As we're sharing Secrets: my evening snack is half a cup (not a bowl!) of granola, with berries and greek yoghurt

That's a superpower to stop eating granola at only half a bowl. (it's  my crack and I can't buy it )

As we're sharing secrets: my evening snack is half a cup (not a bowl!) of granola, with berries and greek yoghurt

My not so secret evening snack is 3 packets of crisps, a snickers or Kitkat or both, ice lolly, weetabix if hungry. The beauty of exercise

Ignore all the fad diets, keto, carb cycling etc.
First find out your maintainence calorie expenditure per day then subtract 500 calories a day which would give you a loss of 1 pound of fat per week. You can eat less or add cardio for more fat loss.
Download myfitnesspal app and track all the calories you eat. This made a huge difference to me as now I'm much less likely to snack on things if I see how many calories are in it first.
Also find low calorie snacks which you like. I use salt and vinegar rice cakes and zero sugar jelly.
You can eat junk food occasionally, I have a cheat meal once a week but ill drop a protein shake and healthy snack to even out the calories and do more cardio that day.
Keep carbs high as possible but from good sources, mainly vegetables. Higher carbs creates leptin, which burns fat, releases seratonin, keeps you from feeling hungry and keeps muscles full if you train.
If you do low carb, you'll probably feel hungry, awful, muscles will be flat due to low glycogen and leptin levels will decrease.
Hope some of this helps and good luck.
I've gone from around 22% body fat to around 17% so far and can almost see my abs.

Keto diets.. knowing what you can and cannot eat is a heck of a lot easier than counting calories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hioctane said:

Keto diets.. knowing what you can and cannot eat is a heck of a lot easier than counting calories!

Except for the reasons I posted in my post regarding the science behind it.

Guarantee you feel like shit on keto compared to cutting down and eating carbs.

Keto is just the latest fad diet that will die out.

As long as you are burning more calories than you are eating you will lose weight but keeping carbs high will be more efficient for burning fat, keep seratonin levels high and keep you from feeling hungry.

4 hours ago, hioctane said:

...how many years have you been unable to eat certain foods?

or is it just a 6 week thing

personally I feel amazing when on keto and very low carb diets once your fat adapted I feel great first week though can be tough. prefer high protein moderate fat low carbs these days though with a carb up once per week 

• Like 3

...how many years have you been unable to eat certain foods?
or is it just a 6 week thing

None. It is not a fasting or stop and go diet. It has to be a lifetime commitment. It is ok to have cheat days though. That is what makes it tolerable for many people.

Some tips for beginners:
https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/a24165772/vinny-guadagnino-keto-diet-beginner-tips/

Basically, I avoid all processed foods, rice, bread, pasta and added sugars (including bottled juices). I can eat as much vegetables and meat as I want. I also eat fruit but some avoid. I was a lot stricter in the beginning but once I lost all the weight I wanted, I added certain foods back such as starchy vegetables (potatoes). Sometimes I will cheat and have a pizza or a couple scoops of ice cream... Maybe once a month.

In Thailand, no rice or noodles. I do frequent hot pot buffets. Nightly, A couple of lite beers only and then I will switch to hard liquor with soda (fizzy water). When I bar hop, a lot of soda. I might mix it up with a coke zero.

Good luck. It is not all about starving yourselves. You can still have some of the foods you enjoy.

• Like 3

Great that people use motivational goal, but really unless you have some sort of long term health plan you might as well resign yourself to cancer, diabetes and heart disease. As far as retiring in Thailand, take that off the table, because with your shit health as you get older, unless you have a few million US just sitting around for health costs your life is going to end rather prematurely.

Yes slim for Pattaya, but smell the roses and change your lifestyle on an ongoing basis, if a trip to Pattaya is your motivation, no problem, but diet and activity needs to change over the long term, or look forward to a pathetic shit life with diabetes, low libido and a myriad or other health issues impacting your quality of life - forget about living in Thailand where your budget definitely would not manage the increasing health burden of some hard life style choices over the long term.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hioctane said:

I can eat as much vegetables and meat as I want

Sounds good to me, but apparently keto diet is all carbs below 30g a day and limited vegetable list, which i find absurdly strict and therefore falls into the short term diet category.

Whats your goal anyway, is it weight loss because you're overweight or normal weight and trying to get the 6 pack?