IGNORED

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Notherenow

The muting is particularly handy with Line Groups. Though there is often some sort of attempt at a group focus (like the Nightwish Line group for new ladies photos), almost every single Line Group I've ever participated in has devolved into a random chat group. The exceptions are when there is a very heavy handed moderator, which tends to destroy the group through the moderation attempt.

Mute the group and it's marginally workable. You can look at it when you want rather than having the darn phone dinging at you all day and all night because some butthole has posted a stupid emoji in a photos group. :-) Muting is extremely valuable. 555

A tangent, quiet hours on the phone settings menu is also handy to turn off all the sounds from the phone (unless for a specific exception) during certain hours. For instance, my entire phone is muted between 10pm and 7am, unless it's some sort of notice from an immediate family member. Got to return those messages from the Thai wife, especially when I'm off to Pattaya on holiday. 

Edited by Garzan

10 hours ago, just hanging said:

I made some simple maps, used thai for the streets and it works.  I have a picture of my gate I send to them also.  I am a half a kilometer from my gate, with some turns that they cant do so I wrote the directions once though the gate in clear simple english, and then had my thai teacher write it out in thai, clearly, works great

Hang on penny just dropped for me...half a kilometer from your gate....are you living in rural Chang Rai? 555

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Iamkanga said:

Hang on penny just dropped for me...half a kilometer from your gate....are you living in rural Chang Rai? 555

yep, long way, had an ex Windmill girl come last night. got dropped off at the gate and walked.  hmm.  I asked why she walked instead of going straight to the house, just a smile.  I asked how much the taxi was  so I could give her the money, free.  555 must have been a boyfriend but still a great time

• Like 2

5 hours ago, just hanging said:

yep, long way, had an ex Windmill girl come last night. got dropped off at the gate and walked.  hmm.  I asked why she walked instead of going straight to the house, just a smile.  I asked how much the taxi was  so I could give her the money, free.  555 must have been a boyfriend but still a great time

Thought I was on the TFUG thread for a minute and was wondering why it was such a vague report!

Hiding vs Blocking and Permanently deleting

Blocking or hiding users can be done in a number of different ways. In this example I am going to use the contacts screen

When a user is blocked you will receive no notifications at all and if you unblock them any notifications they sent while blocked will not appear

When a user is hidden they are not shown on your contacts screen. But in your chat and call screens all details will still appear. You can hide the chat but if that user sends a message while hidden all history will reappear, though the contact will not. To ensure there is no trace you should check all screens for history 

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Continue on to permanently delete or restore

6.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

7.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 04:00, Iamkanga said:

Post numbers are now being included in the contents in Post #1 to easily find information in the thread

Brilliant and well documented thread. Impressive. Many thanks.:Clap7:

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

Would you care to share any working girl groups? found one in Bangkok line ID datepretty offering up girls, its all in Thai 

Would you care to share any working girl groups? found one in Bangkok line ID datepretty offering up girls, its all in Thai 
Sorry I don't know anything about these but you have sparked an interest! Would appreciate any more elaboration.

Stop the annoying Auto Popup Emojis

When you download the app im pretty sure this option is on by default. That may be ok if I was a 14 year old school girl or seemingly a TG of any age, but I just find it fucking annoying

So if like me you find this feature a complete waste of your time the following instructions should help. But BEWARE! Aligning you thinking with mine can be a slippery slope!!! 555

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Okay, I'm not a 14 year old Thai girl, but I kinda like the preview suggestions based on the text I've inputted. 

Consider, a lot of times, we are communicating with someone and not using their native language. I used to make jokes about WIMP (Windows, Icons, Menus, Pointers) back when I thought the only decent computer interface was a text terminal, but look which way the world went. 555 

I may think emojis are stupid, but when trying to communicate with a Thai girl who may or may not comprehend much written English, it's a certainty she understands pictures. (emojis). What's that old saying, a picture is worth a thousand words? There are times those stupid little pictures come in handy, both to condense the conversation, and allow spoken language independence in the conversation. 

I have to admit, "Bear 100% Daily Use" is one of my favorites. There's a couple in that set that are very handy shorthand when Line-ing with a lady. 555

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Okay, I'm not a 14 year old Thai girl, but I kinda like the preview suggestions based on the text I've inputted. 

Consider, a lot of times, we are communicating with someone and not using their native language. I used to make jokes about WIMP (Windows, Icons, Menus, Pointers) back when I thought the only decent computer interface was a text terminal, but look which way the world went. 555 

I may think emojis are stupid, but when trying to communicate with a Thai girl who may or may not comprehend much written English, it's a certainty she understands pictures. (emojis). What's that old saying, a picture is worth a thousand words? There are times those stupid little pictures come in handy, both to condense the conversation, and allow spoken language independence in the conversation. 

I have to admit, "Bear 100% Daily Use" is one of my favorites. There's a couple in that set that are very handy shorthand when Line-ing with a lady. 555

Your points are both fair and valid.

But they shit me to tears! 555

13 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Your points are both fair and valid.

But they shit me to tears! 555

Thanks. I get annoyed with them some times, but they can come in handy. For example, can you spot shorthand for "Want to come over and boom-boom?" and an appropriate response to a yes, or a no in the Bear 100%? Might even make one of them work for "do you take it up the ass?" 555 

I'm not sure I've ever seen any of these pop up as a text input suggestion though.

5a4f31237dbfc_bear100.thumb.png.0afa467e195f91ccd20d46a9e1b13237.png

Edited by Garzan

46 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Thanks. I get annoyed with them some times, but they can come in handy. For example, can you spot shorthand for "Want to come over and boom-boom?" and an appropriate response to a yes, or a no in the Bear 100%? Might even make one of them work for "do you take it up the ass?" 555 

I'm not sure I've ever seen any of these pop up as a text input suggestion though.

Well I am a complete emoji novice. I would have no idea how to convey such a message! 555:Dunno:

A mate had something pop up on his phone today and I am not 100% sure of why it did.

His girl has not responded to his last message from 3 days ago and "xxx has joined Line" was the message that he said popped up on his phone today - xxx is her name.

Any idea why it would pop up?

I am thinking it is her Line account setup on a new phone or similar.

At least with my girl who blocked me again overnight her timeline is gone so that is easy to work out :D

1 hour ago, mrfreeze said:

A mate had something pop up on his phone today and I am not 100% sure of why it did.

His girl has not responded to his last message from 3 days ago and "xxx has joined Line" was the message that he said popped up on his phone today - xxx is her name.

That is my understanding but im unable to replicate it, so i'm not sure how it gets triggered.

I'm quite new to Line and not familiar with it yet. I'm wondering as per WhatsApp can you see when your contact was last on Line?

15 minutes ago, slalom said:

I'm quite new to Line and not familiar with it yet. I'm wondering as per WhatsApp can you see when your contact was last on Line?

No you can't, you can only see if they've read any message you've sent.

HI, does anyone know how to reduce the storage usage of LINE on the iphone?

My usage has gradualy crept up and is now over 900MB. As I use it on an old spare iphone I'd like to get it back down to the 200MB or so it was a year back. I'm reluctant to delete the app and start again in case I lose some contacts.

I do go through and delete photos and movies off LINE chats but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

Any suggestions for a good purge?

Thanks

1 hour ago, tt2008 said:

My usage has gradualy crept up and is now over 900MB. As I use it on an old spare iphone I'd like to get it back down to the 200MB or so it was a year back. I'm reluctant to delete the app and start again in case I lose some contacts.

I do go through and delete photos and movies off LINE chats but it doesn't seem to make a huge difference.

Thanks

My iPhone says Line is using 2.01GB. Not an issue for me thankfully but I can't see anyway of freeing it up unless you delete the App. 

If you look in Line settings, then Keep it will give you space usage. For me this is a lot lower than what iPhone space usage is, 6.2mb, so I'm going to guess it's all the updates that blow it out on your phones storage space. 

3 hours ago, tt2008 said:
Thanks

I will be doing a backup up and restore post later today

There are a couple of things that are going to be using the storage.
One is data the other is cache.
Cache can you use quite a bit of memory and is worth clearing out on your phone from time to time. As I use an an Android phone I can't offer any expertise. But here is some info on clearing Data on an iPhone.

b10754080aa11c3708b26f44edf6e0b3.jpg

2 hours ago, Dr No said:

My iPhone says Line is using 2.01GB. Not an issue for me thankfully but I can't see anyway of freeing it up unless you delete the App. 

If you look in Line settings, then Keep it will give you space usage. For me this is a lot lower than what iPhone space usage is, 6.2mb, so I'm going to guess it's all the updates that blow it out on your phones storage space. 

That is a serious amount of data being used as the app on my phone is only 220mb. About 500mb with a years worth of messages.

Not 100% sure this is what you mean but if it is the Keep you are speaking of is just Lines built in cloud storage and has little to do with the phone storage or app size just a place where you can save files on Lines Cloud.

11 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

I will be doing a backup up and restore post later today

There are a couple of things that are going to be using the storage.
One is data the other is cache.
Cache can you use quite a bit of memory and is worth clearing out on your phone from time to time. As I use an an Android phone I can't offer any expertise. But here is some info on clearing Data on an iPhone.

b10754080aa11c3708b26f44edf6e0b3.jpg

I think doing that on an iPhone runs the risk of losing all your contacts. 

Personally I'd never risk it, what would the near 140 girls on my Line do without me? 555 :)

2 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

That is a serious amount of data being used as the app on my phone is only 220mb. About 500mb with a years worth of messages.

Not 100% sure this is what you mean but if it is the Keep you are speaking of is just Lines built in cloud storage and has little to do with the phone storage or app size just a place where you can save files on Lines Cloud.

The Keep is Lines cloud storage, the 2+ GB is storage on my phone. With 100gb storage I'm not concerned about the 2gb Line App is using. Though I do agree it's a high amount. My cloud has an additional 5GB available if I need it. 

I think doing that on an iPhone runs the risk of losing all your contacts. 
Personally I'd never risk it, what would the near 140 girls on my Line do without me? 555 [emoji4]
Well on Android the contacts are stored and reinstalled with the app not stored on the device. I would be surprised if this was different on the IPhone but I can't be sure.

On 06/01/2018 at 08:27, Dr No said:
The Keep is Lines cloud storage, the 2+ GB is storage on my phone. With 100gb storage I'm not concerned about the 2gb Line App is using. Though I do agree it's a high amount. My cloud has an additional 5GB available if I need it. 

You won't be able to use icloud storage facilities for anything other than backup files in Lines case. It's not an extension of the phone s memory as such, you couldn't just access a chat from a backup file you would have to restore it.

You can however backup pictures to lines cloud Keep for individual file viewing

But I would suggest doing a backup of your line chats is worthwhile but as mentioned earlier I think that the contact details are stored within the line servers not locally so no need from what I can find to back them up.

See edit post #117

• Like 1