Jump to content
Notherenow

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Recommended Posts

just hanging
1 minute ago, wingcom1 said:

No my history is not getting copied across 

does it show the new date when you click it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
1 minute ago, just hanging said:

I get lots of   "friends recommendation"      many dont have their pic, therefore I dont know who they are and I ignore it.  If you click on one, i will assume they have to add you, and might not want to respond

Yes they would but sometimes you can open that blank pick and it will download and display.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
2 minutes ago, wingcom1 said:

No my history is not getting copied across 

Even the stuff after PC version installation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just hanging
Just now, Iamkanga said:

Yes they would but sometimes you can open that blank pick and it will download and display.

 

never happened yet, but I dont like to click since there are ones I dont want to talk to.  suck when it is one I want to send LINE, like when I give my card to them.  Then they dont send a message just add me on LINE without a picture.  I avoid them and sometimes i see the girl and they say sent it and show me.  If they sent a message I would know, but if not they are one of a hundred waiting to get added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wingcom1
3 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Even the stuff after PC version installation?

Post instal seems ok.  It appears that the synch just tidies up the post install stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
3 minutes ago, just hanging said:

never happened yet, but I dont like to click since there are ones I dont want to talk to.  suck when it is one I want to send LINE, like when I give my card to them.  Then they dont send a message just add me on LINE without a picture.  I avoid them and sometimes i see the girl and they say sent it and show me.  If they sent a message I would know, but if not they are one of a hundred waiting to get added

Well admittedly mine isn't friend recommendations, but if i plug in a ID from TF and no pic is displayed. I can Touch that pic and it downloads and displays. I suspect Friend reco's to be the same.

You using an Iphone?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
5 minutes ago, wingcom1 said:

Post instal seems ok.  It appears that the synch just tidies up the post install stuff

On my version of things I send a message on my phone and it immediately appears on my PC no need for syncing. It may be a restriction of IOS if this does not happen. Though you do need to allow log in under Account setting on the phone.

It is a bit vague in the Sync description that it says it syncs friends an chat LISTS. But in everything I am aware of there is no way to bring in old chat history to your PC line prior to its installation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow

How to send a message to a contact that has blocked you (second account required)

 

For this you are going to need a second account or someone else's account. You will also need your second account contact details in your primary account so you can message your second account. When adding your second Account Details to your Primary Account just take note of the process to understand what your recipient will see, not necessary but may useful.

As a further tip it would probably make sense not to have your picture on that second account as if the person recognizes you they may not respond. Obviously you will best know how to manage this but just me mindful of what they will see.

So in this case go to your primary account where the contact has blocked you and open up a chat to your second account.

This is also a useful feature if you want to share line details with one of your contacts, actually it is its intended purpose rather than our use case here! 

 

Screenshot_2017_12_31_01_28_28.thumb.jpg.0430ab3319d0b472864979911c8dc64b.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_01_28_35.thumb.jpg.8563c58403c9e501b3b6c4f88d637144.jpg

Screenshot_2017_12_31_01_28_46.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_29_04_08_49.thumb.jpg.e84b2a792eb116a620c42aa9d0a82fa4.jpg

From here go to your secondary account as the contact has now been sent

Screenshot_2017_12_31_01_33_05.thumb.jpg.30f8e30ff36dbd821cb644007c530134.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_01_33_28.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_31_01_34_00.thumb.jpg.b0f9cf0a1b95c41b0a224f83447a55c5.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow

How to install Line on your PC

 

This is fairly straightforward as most people know how to install a program on a PC. But thought I would include it as many may not be aware of its existence. There is also a Chrome browser app for Line. I won't go into details as it would just be another head fuck but for people familiar with web apps it is in the Chrome web store. The one big difference between the Chrome web store app and the Microsoft version is that you cannot make calls with the Chrome web app.

The other thing is you will require an email address on your account and your password to log in or otherwise use the QR code explained in the earlier post.

Anyway here is the link

https://line.me/en/download

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
23 hours ago, just hanging said:

never happened yet, but I dont like to click since there are ones I dont want to talk to.  suck when it is one I want to send LINE, like when I give my card to them.  Then they dont send a message just add me on LINE without a picture.  I avoid them and sometimes i see the girl and they say sent it and show me.  If they sent a message I would know, but if not they are one of a hundred waiting to get added

Just forward all the ones' you're unsure about and I will vet them for you. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norton
On 2017-12-30 at 21:34, just hanging said:

IMG_7363.thumb.JPG.e4c7dc3ad9b699be1ca1c3c9d5f7a449.JPG

I have it set up this way, thank for trying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow

Location Sharing

This is a particularly useful feature. Not just to share your location with the girls but a number of other applications. I am a member of a Police Checkpoints group (thanks Wolfcat) and most members use this feature to show locations. It gives clarity to the location without having to know much about where you are or are going. 

 

Screenshot_2018_01_01_02_35_101.thumb.jpg.8caa96cd3bcbcd4b4f87f797f0c5ad11.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_02_35_18.thumb.jpg.12664315d657866eead67a9b3f19e3a6.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_02_37_05.thumb.jpg.5d4b081455caad18b7c0cb0eacdb76fc.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_02_37_48.thumb.jpg.3524fd3ace0be46f1a4a1c1b51eb6498.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_02_39_13.thumb.jpg.51c8595a465b70dedf3e3d7cc2e28331.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Milf4me

Nice thread. 

Quick question.  If I like and comment on something one of my "friends" has posted on their time line do all my friends get to see that?  Often get things come up saying one of my friends liked a post by someone I don't know. If yes then I  see why they go a little frosty sometimes.  :):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr No
4 minutes ago, Milf4me said:

Nice thread. 

Quick question.  If I like and comment on something one of my "friends" has posted on their time line do all my friends get to see that?  Often get things come up saying one of my friends liked a post by someone I don't know. If yes then I  see why they go a little frosty sometimes.  :):)

I can help you out here, it depends on whether or not the timeline post is for Friends Only or Public. 

Your comments / likes on Friends Only posts will not be seen by your contacts. 

Your comments / like on Public posts appear in your contacts timelines. 

You can distinguish which posts are Public and Friends only by the small icon appearing at the bottom of the post. A globe icon identifies it as a Public post, a silhouette is a Friends only post. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr No

Also from memory when you do make a comment / like on a Public post I do believe you can select to not make it appear in your friends Timeline. Just can't remember how that works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
10 hours ago, Dr No said:

Also from memory when you do make a comment / like on a Public post I do believe you can select to not make it appear in your friends Timeline. Just can't remember how that works. 

Yes. There is an option uner Timeline in the Settings>Timeline>Share settings to be selective about who sees your posts (can also be done when you are posting section when making a post) but I'm not 100% sure if it restricts who sees comments and likes etc, though I suspect it would.

My advice regarding any social network is dont post like or anything. Ignoring the data collection elements profiling you (of which there are many outside of social networks anyway) you just dont know when something as simple as like will bite you on the arse! I reckon I know my way around privacy settings pretty well but have had things set incorrectly on a number of occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just hanging
19 hours ago, Iamkanga said:

Location Sharing

This is a particularly useful feature. Not just to share your location with the girls but a number of other applications. I am a member of a Police Checkpoints group (thanks Wolfcat) and most members use this feature to show locations. It gives clarity to the location without having to know much about where you are or are going. 

 

Screenshot_2018_01_01_02_35_101.thumb.jpg.8caa96cd3bcbcd4b4f87f797f0c5ad11.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_02_35_18.thumb.jpg.12664315d657866eead67a9b3f19e3a6.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_02_37_05.thumb.jpg.5d4b081455caad18b7c0cb0eacdb76fc.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_02_37_48.thumb.jpg.3524fd3ace0be46f1a4a1c1b51eb6498.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_02_39_13.thumb.jpg.51c8595a465b70dedf3e3d7cc2e28331.jpg

my house is not easy to find, I have on my phone several maps I made to get to my house, which I send, as well as the location.  always works right to my door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
1 minute ago, just hanging said:

my house is not easy to find, I have on my phone several maps I made to get to my house, which I send, as well as the location.  always works right to my door

Yes I also include a mud map of my Condo layout and where my building is though the very clear instructions I guess dont translate that way for a TG with about a 20% success rate! But finding a building is generally going to be down to the Motorci Taxi so odds are better at least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
just hanging
9 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Yes I also include a mud map of my Condo layout and where my building is though the very clear instructions I guess dont translate that way for a TG with about a 20% success rate! But finding a building is generally going to be down to the Motorci Taxi so odds are better at least!

I made some simple maps, used thai for the streets and it works.  I have a picture of my gate I send to them also.  I am a half a kilometer from my gate, with some turns that they cant do so I wrote the directions once though the gate in clear simple english, and then had my thai teacher write it out in thai, clearly, works great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dr No
43 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Yes. There is an option uner Timeline in the Settings>Timeline>Share settings to be selective about who sees your posts (can also be done when you are posting section when making a post) but I'm not 100% sure if it restricts who sees comments and likes etc, though I suspect it would.

My advice regarding any social network is dont post like or anything. Ignoring the data collection elements profiling you (of which there are many outside of social networks anyway) you just dont know when something as simple as like will bite you on the arse! I reckon I know my way around privacy settings pretty well but have had things set incorrectly on a number of occasions.

You're referring to posts a user makes on their own timeline, I agree it's useful to check it and restrict any certain user from seeing your posts that you see fit. The question was about comments / likes on a contacts timeline, I had a look and this setting does not apply if you like / comment on a public post, it will still appear on your contacts timeline. You need to go back in and uncheck 'share on timeline' to restrict it. 

In the end it's probably safest to simply not like / comment on any public post if you're worried what your contacts may see.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow
On 01/01/2018 at 11:21, Harry Brown said:

Just forward all the ones' you're unsure about and I will vet them for you. :)

Hey HB. 

Just wondering if there is anyway to leave the edit open on the first post. To allow me to add post numbers to the contents to help BMs find relevant info more easily. Also to add any additional Tips.

Creers Kanga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown
34 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Hey HB. 

Just wondering if there is anyway to leave the edit open on the first post. To allow me to add post numbers to the contents to help BMs find relevant info more easily. Also to add any additional Tips.

Creers Kanga

Yes mate , give me a minute or two and I will sort it for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harry Brown

You should be able to edit what you need to, when you refresh the page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow

Muting your Line account

 

This is also another particularly useful feature

There are two different types of muting available the first is where you can mute an individual and the second is where you can mute everything

In both of these options when you activate mute you will receive no noise notification or visual pop-ups so you will only be aware that you have received a message by opening the app

The first Screenshots are how to mute an individual accountScreenshot_2018_01_01_04_25_38.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_04_25_44.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_04_25_59.jpg

Below is how to mute your complete account

Screenshot_2018_01_01_04_26_41.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_04_26_48.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_04_26_56.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_04_27_01.jpgScreenshot_2018_01_01_04_27_09.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Notherenow

Post numbers are now being included in the contents in Post #1 to easily find information in the thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.