IGNORED

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Notherenow

38 minutes ago, ex-pat said:

No. But if you have their mobile number you can add someone from that. 

Yes, I know that, I was just hoping I could do the reverse. Oh well...

2 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

Very good point. In fact it's in an odd place altogether considering. It's a very useful and well written thread and if it were in the newbie or tech forum I'd probably pin it.

Could it be moved? Would that take an OP request?

11 hours ago, Garzan said:

Could it be moved? Would that take an OP request?

Yes it could

Well I could just move it, we often do if threads are in the 'wrong' forum however when it's a move from advanced to open we prefer to get permission, even for a non BG thread, there may well be reasons.

• Like 2

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

18 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

Very good point. In fact it's in an odd place altogether considering. It's a very useful and well written thread and if it were in the newbie or tech forum I'd probably pin it.

Yes it's probably not the right place to put it and feel free to move that if you have that capability. 

I guess I started it from the Thai Friendly Ultimate Guide thread thinking that is who it would serve the best. But probably just all part of my being a dumbarse!

Could you fuck of those dups too! Thanks

5 hours ago, PepeLePew said:

when it's a move from advanced to open we prefer to get permission, even for a non BG thread, there may well be reasons.

Just in case you go ROUGE! 555

• PepeLePew pinned this topic

Control who see's your Timeline and Profile updates

Here is my 2 bahts worth. I would not be posting or liking or doing any of that shit  in relation to the timeline as it serves little benefit apart from getting you in potential trouble. Not unlike Facebook. But if you or your ego do feel the need to share your boyish good looks or feelings with your extended line friends here is way you can at least try and control who sees it

So there are 2 parts to this one is to decide who can see your posts and the other part is who can see your profile updates. There is also another way to select who sees each post which I won't detail but will show how to access this option in the last screenshot

This is for the Timeline

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg6.jpg

Next are how to stop others seeing your profile updates

1.jpg6.jpg

11.jpg

And the last is how to control who sees it via each post

9.jpg

5.jpg

Built In Thai Translator including Google Tap to Translate (The Line app is as good as Google but can help a lot)

So I have found myself from time to time in some sort of  situation where the girl i'm pursuing speaks less English than I do Thai,  which is quite a challenge. This tool can be quite handy as it offers immediate translation beside the English text. The correctness of its translation is fairly poor but if she is just saying yes no etc It saves you having to copy for Google translate every time. It also gives you another translation option to help you understand when Google Translate doesn't quite get it right.

I am also including how to turn on and use Google tap to translate for those that may not be familiar with it. This feature allows you to long hold the Thai text then select copy and a Google Translate Icon will appear on your screen which you tap to show you the translation within the app

So for the first shots I will show you how to download the Line translate app and then set up a chat with automatic translation using the app

Down 1.jpgDown 2.jpgDown 3.jpg

The next steps are how to start a chat and include the translation tool

GC1.jpgGC2.jpgGC3.jpgGC4.jpg

The next is how to set up Google Translate to work inside existing apps like Line and others FB etc

GT1.jpgGT2.jpgGT3.jpgGT4.jpg

The next section is how to use it inside the Line app

UTG1.jpgUGT2.jpgUTG3.jpgUTG4.jpg

So that is the last post from the table of contents except for "tips post" which I will post after going over the thread again to see what to include.

If you have anything you think maybe worthwhile let me know. It doesn't have to be of a technical nature. Just anything you have discovered along the way that other BMs may find useful  I know BM Garzan has come up with a few. Cheers

Now to go and delete some screenshots, that should free up about 8GB of memory! 555

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Great introduction to the many features of line. I also like the following features>

• Giving a passcode to line (or iphone Touch ID) > helps to keep curious eyes out of naughty conversations
  • Line Keep.> to store the pictures of your casual encounters and hide them

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:55, Iamkanga said:

So that is the last post from the table of contents except for "tips post" which I will post after going over the thread again to see what to include.

If you have anything you think maybe worthwhile let me know. It doesn't have to be of a technical nature. Just anything you have discovered along the way that other BMs may find useful  I know BM Garzan has come up with a few. Cheers

Now to go and delete some screenshots, that should free up about 8GB of memory! 555

I don't think I missed it but apologies if I did.

Does anybody know if there is a way to delete a whole list of messages for an individual contact without having to tick every box on the edit/delete command? As if you were holding down the shift key on a pc for example? This is on an old Android phone.

Also if you are looking at a Contacts chats and click the V at the top and select Chat Settings it opens up a menu which includes Delete Chat History. Is this only for that contact or all your chats across all contacts? 

Thanks.

Hi, I’m hoping someone can help, (I’m not very advanced in line) I have Line on my iPhone, for the last 5 days I’ve been unable to send any messages or photos to any of my friends, I can still receive their messages and photos as normal, I’ve tried doing the options that Line help has advised, also I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it, when I tried to login after downloading the app again, it asked me for my phone number but when I typed it in, it said number not recognised, I had to use my Facebook account to proceed, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate some help please???????????

I don't think I missed it but apologies if I did.
Does anybody know if there is a way to delete a whole list of messages for an individual contact without having to tick every box on the edit/delete command? As if you were holding down the shift key on a pc for example? This is on an old Android phone.
Also if you are looking at a Contacts chats and click the V at the top and select Chat Settings it opens up a menu which includes Delete Chat History. Is this only for that contact or all your chats across all contacts? 
Thanks.
I'm not sure if you want to delete messages within the chat history of an individual or the whole chat history for that individual. But if you want to delete bulk messages from a chat but not the whole chat you can only select them one at a time.

If you are inside the chat history and you use the drop-down box to access the chat settings option it will give you the choice to delete and will only delete the chat history of that individual. You can also create a backup of the chat so you could restore it at any time if it had information you might want to access. Another way of doing it is don't go into the chat just long hold the chat you want to delete from the chat history main screen and it will bring up an options list which has the delete option. Again this will just delete the individual chat for that person.

Hi, I’m hoping someone can help, (I’m not very advanced in line) I have Line on my iPhone, for the last 5 days I’ve been unable to send any messages or photos to any of my friends, I can still receive their messages and photos as normal, I’ve tried doing the options that Line help has advised, also I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it, when I tried to login after downloading the app again, it asked me for my phone number but when I typed it in, it said number not recognised, I had to use my Facebook account to proceed, if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate some help please???????????
To be quite honest I have no idea why you are unable to send messages. The whole guts all of the settings is generally to restrict people sending you messages not an outgoing stuff restriction. So I would think it is some technical glitch or possibly a setting within your iPhone outside of the app. Maybe a Google search would help. But if this is the case I don't think it would be specific to Line and would probably affect all of your messaging apps unless they require individual permissions.

In regards to why your phone number is not recognized the only thing I can think of is that maybe you are not putting all the digits in and your missing the first 0 or something. The phone number is essentially your account number but is really only used for verification. Another way to circumvent this is to log in with your Facebook or email. But understand this will be a completely new account and will not include any contacts that are not on your phone that you might have previously added.

36 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

I'm not sure if you want to delete messages within the chat history of an individual or the whole chat history for that individual.

Both thanks - was 2 questions :)

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

General Tips from BMs and me

I have paraphrased or edited a number of these tips but more comprehensive info may available in the thread.

1 A fairly straightforward tip. If you go to a contact and open it up you will see next to the username a small pencil. Tapping this will allow you to edit the name to what you like. So you could put prices, performance or whatever to a maximum of 20 characters.

2 If you don't want to lose chat history Back it Up. There is an instructional on this thread for individual conversations and all chat history.

Changing your sim will have no impact on your line account. So putting in a local sim when you arrive in Thailand is fine. The sims phone number is used simply as a verification tool (but there are other ways to verify). Once you have that all you need is an internet connection wifi or mobile.

*A couple of notes here not related to Line.

Thailand is time based regarding mobile internet if you make no package selection. So if you open your data connection it will use credit whether data is used or not.

The other thing worth mentioning is to make sure that your phone will accept a Sim from another carrier. If you are on a plan in your home country it is probably sim locked and you should check with your carrier before leaving.

4 Sometimes you will find that you don't see a read receipt from a user. This could be because they haven't read it or it could be that they have viewed it in preview mode. So if you want to try to find out which is the case you can try sending a picture. This is not available to view in preview mode and can also spark a curiosity of the receiver to open it creating a read receipt.

TIP FROM BM JUST HANGING

5 Storing Line contact details outside of Line (in case of accidental deletion or whatever.) I have a secondary Google account, and use the Contacts app from that account to store Line and TF details. Google Contacts has a large notes area, and using it saves any embarrassed blushes if you happen to write your note in a shared space. And added bonus is if you add contact info on the phone in Google Contacts, Line can automatically suck out the phone number and automatically match it to a Line account (if she gave you the same phone number she used to register her Line account).

TIP FROM BM GARZAN

6 Emoji use with TGs can be handy when trying to convey something to someone who does not speak your language.

TIP FROM BM GARZAN

7 Registering an email to your account. It can make it easier for future reinstalls or phone moves, or PC use. Settings --> Account --> Email and register an email address.

TIP FROM BM GARZAN

8 Line has a built in password lock. Settings >>> Privacy >>> Password Lock. Anyone that has experienced a jealous TG will see the value here.

TIP FROM BM DAVE14

9 Line also has a built in storage facility allowing them to be deleted from conversations and prying eyes but still available. Long hold the picture and tap “Save in Keep”

TIP FROM BM DAVE14

10 And 1 final one from me. When you have down time (waiting for a Baht bus for example), open menus and generally play around inside the app (all apps really ). You will be surprised what you can do and no need to worry about fucking something up. If it's important 99% of the time there is a warning screen before final execution.

Hope I got all the BMs tips ok, but if you feel I have missed of fucked something up just let me know. I will if possible edit for any future info or posts.

Cheers

And if you don't mind some amplification on #1, sometimes the default username that comes with a new contact is in Thai, or filled with cute little emoji junk. The edit username is handy to change the contact name to something ~you~ recognize. "สวหเ" may not be memorable to you but "Lek fm AmonShop" or "249 fm Sapphire" just might work out better. :-)

4 hours ago, Garzan said:

And if you don't mind some amplification on #1, sometimes the default username that comes with a new contact is in Thai, or filled with cute little emoji junk. The edit username is handy to change the contact name to something ~you~ recognize. "สวหเ" may not be memorable to you but "Lek fm AmonShop" or "249 fm Sapphire" just might work out better. :-)

Of course not mate. Have appreciated all your contributions. 

But I am starting to wonder if you and I are the only ones here! 555

29 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

Of course not mate. Have appreciated all your contributions.

But I am starting to wonder if you and I are the only ones here! 555

You 2 are not the only ones here guys :)

Thanks for this great thread "Iamkanga" and your input on the ThaiFriendly thread    :Bravo1:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A question for the Line gurus:

I (and quite a few others on this forum) had Coconut Bar Noi on my Line. As of today, she's gone and our last chat says "Empty Chat". Also, "Noi left the chat on Mar 10"

What's the most likely scenario - did she block or hide a set of her contacts?

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

Crowd Sourcing: use the button on the TFMI or go to tfmi.wtf/form

1 hour ago, localguy said:

A question for the Line gurus:

I (and quite a few others on this forum) had Coconut Bar Noi on my Line. As of today, she's gone and our last chat says "Empty Chat". Also, "Noi left the chat on Mar 10"

What's the most likely scenario - did she block or hide a set of her contacts?

some girls call this  " clean phone  "   delete their existing account and open another right away .  Search again by id or phone number   ,

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, worldpunter said:

some girls call this  " clean phone  "   delete their existing account and open another right away .  Search again by id or phone number   ,

Thank you, that worked. I was able to re-add her using her phone number.

• Like 1

The Thai Friendly Master Index - tfmi.wtf - 1700 ladies, 5000 reviews and still growing

The "Empty Chat" comes about when one or the other of you deletes the chat conversation from the other side. I frequently delete old chats, and I only have a few chats on my phone. I would imagine that someone like Coconut Noi has many, many chats on her Line. Deleting old chats is just part of routine housekeeping.
(Note: if there is any information gathered in a chat that I want to make sure I don't misplace, I type that information into the 'Notes' field in my address book. Then it doesn't get lost or deleted, unless it's by me.) 
So, just because you've had the other side of the chat delete that chat conversation does not mean at all that they deleted you as a contact. It just means they were cleaning up their chat tab. (not their contacts tab) People who frequently get a lot of chat conversations would normally be inclined to clean out old ones. 

Sorry Garzan, but I'm almost 100% positive that deleting a chat does not create the empty chat effect. At least I cannot replicated across my line accounts (all Android of course). But what worldpunter says in my experience is correct. Though I'm not sure if you have to delete your account or simply setting up a new account on a new phone with the same credentials would create the same effect.

But just to reiterate the reason for of an empty chat is generally not a personal thing and rather some changing of an account, but as I mentioned not related to chat deletion (in my experience).
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Iamkanga said:

Sorry Garzan, but I'm almost 100% positive that deleting a chat does not create the empty chat effect. At least I cannot replicated across my line accounts (all Android of course). But what worldpunter says in my experience is correct. Though I'm not sure if you have to delete your account or simply setting up a new account on a new phone with the same credentials would create the same effect.

But just to reiterate the reason for of an empty chat is generally not a personal thing and rather some changing of an account, but as I mentioned not related to chat deletion (in my experience).

I could be totally wrong about that, but that's the way it seemed to work for me. (and to me.) It'd be nice to figure out for sure. 

Cheers!

I could be totally wrong about that, but that's the way it seemed to work for me. (and to me.) It'd be nice to figure out for sure. 
Cheers!

I will spend some time in the next couple of days trying to determine exactly what goes on. Just upgrading to a new clone account service so once that is sorted I should be good to go!
  • Like 2

Thanks, Worldpunter, Garzan and above all, Iamkanga for the great input.

It does look like more like a situation where Noi cleared contacts (not hiding or blocking) along the lines of the "clean phone" described above. The Empty Chat Room simply appears to be a consequence of that.

I was able to re-add Noi and confirm I'm not blocked using Post 3. Very helpful thread, thanks again.