IGNORED

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Notherenow

4 hours ago, Orgynizer said:

I want to transfer my LINE account from a LG Android phone (with Google) to a HUAWEI Android phone (without Google). 

Any ideas about how to transfer all the chat history? Google Drive is not available for this operation 🙄.

you can try if following option 4) in the link below will work for you: https://mobiletrans.wondershare.com/line/back-up-line-chat.html

i can't vouch for it and this is just the result of a quick google, so it might not work. (option 3 might also be something to look into, but it looks like kind of an advert / SEO site, so take it with a grain of salt). 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

hi Gents

please could a kind knowledgeable soul help a tech dummy?

I have line on my quite elderly honor android phone and also on my very new laptop!

Im considering buying a new phone, I'm due to arrive in Pattaya next February, so a question.

When i get to Patts and get a Thai sim card, i was thinking of using the older phone for my day to day use.

Will I be able to log into line on the old phone? (given that my upcoming new phone will have my uk sim and i would be able to get line on that?)

and will i be able to get line on my laptop when i use the local Wi-Fi at my hotel? (I was thinking of bringing the laptop)

p.s i have a small monthly contract here with 3G

Cheers Beet

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

27 minutes ago, beethoven said:

Will I be able to log into line on the old phone? (given that my upcoming new phone will have my uk sim and i would be able to get line on that?)

You can have one Line account on one mobile device, and you can have the Line Computer app on one laptop/desktop. You get to pick which phone you put your Line on, but it's one account on one device. That same account can be shared with one computing device. 

(You can always have a UK Line account on your new phone and a separate Pattaya Line account on your old phone but you can't have the same Line account on both phones.)

Be sure to go into your Line settings and in the Account section insure you have a valid (not a throwaway) email address set and a password that you have listed somewhere so you don't forget it. 

Edited by Garzan

5 minutes ago, Garzan said:

You can have one Line account on one mobile device, and you can have the Line Computer app on one laptop/desktop. You get to pick which phone you put your Line on, but it's one account on one device. That same account can be shared with one computing device. 

(You can always have a UK Line account on your new phone and a separate Pattaya Line account on your old phone but you can't have the same Line account on both phones.)

Be sure to go into your Line settings and in the Account section insure you have a valid (not a throwaway) email address set and a password that you have listed somewhere so you don't forget it. 

hi thanks for your advice, ive definitely got a dedicated email and my password is somewhat vulgar and I cant forget it !! 555

Cheers Beet

Apologies if this has been discussed .. but I cant see it in this thread.

I have started putting some better photos on my LINE profile .. beautiful beach sunsets for example, possibly light heartedly to make relatives jealous as they endure endless grey days in cold UK.  

More subtle than sending them direct. They get a message when I add anything to my profile.

But I have got some old crap photos on it I cant remove. ( Possibly posted after I had a beer or 3 ).

There must be a way of editing / deleting some pix. But I cant fathom how to.

6 hours ago, Wingeing Pom said:

There must be a way of editing / deleting some pix. But I cant fathom how to.

go to your profile -> go to "line voom posts" at the bottom (on android) and you should be able to delete your stories / posts there. 
i'm actually not sure if there's a place / an option to simply delete pics you've uploaded. but the above might help you out. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

10 hours ago, petehoax said:

go to your profile -> go to "line voom posts" at the bottom (on android) and you should be able to delete your stories / posts there. 
i'm actually not sure if there's a place / an option to simply delete pics you've uploaded. but the above might help you out. 

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply .....

I followed your tip and I was able to delete my biggest crappiest 'mistake' photos posted in my latest post / story.

But it wont let me, so far, delete older pix in older 'stories'.  No worries ... not many will scroll that far back.

Thanks again .. I got rid of the worst pix.

🤗

• 1 month later...

In Line will they ban people if they see nude pictures sent to each other in messages? How about video calls do they monitor that. My trip is ending and this girl I like her a lot, might send her some money when I go back and sext her over Line or have her masturbate in video calls or go nude etc.. 

(I have never sponsored a girl and sent them money when I am not in Thailand, this one is really nice I think over Line/camera/online she will still be pretty exciting for me, not sure how much I should or can send yet, need to figure out a platform first, I suppose skype will work too, but can't get banned from Line lol, beenslowy  building up a list there)

40 minutes ago, THguypattaya said:

In Line will they ban people if they see nude pictures sent to each other in messages? How about video calls do they monitor that.

In private message chains and private calls? No, Line is not going to ban you for that. In public posts they might get annoyed, but not in a private message or private chat. 

If you want an easy way to send money, get a Wise account, and while you are here, add her in as a Wise contact. (you will need her bank information and some other bits of information. Or keep money in a Thai bank account and just do a person-to-person PromptPay transfer. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Garzan said:

In private message chains and private calls? No, Line is not going to ban you for that. In public posts they might get annoyed, but not in a private message or private chat. 

If you want an easy way to send money, get a Wise account, and while you are here, add her in as a Wise contact. (you will need her bank information and some other bits of information. Or keep money in a Thai bank account and just do a person-to-person PromptPay transfer. 

Yeah in those private messages and private video/phone calls, well good to know , thanks a lot for that!

Yeah I got Wise account, going to get her bank info, also got some money in Thai bank yeah thanks sounds good!

Do most girls keep their Line account for many years? Next time I come back it will probably be a year, will I still able to reach them in their Line accounts? For my top girls I probably going to ask for their other contact info.  

1 minute ago, THguypattaya said:

Do most girls keep their Line account for many years? Next time I come back it will probably be a year, will I still able to reach them in their Line accounts? For my top girls I probably going to ask for their other contact info.  

Some do, and some don't. When I get a LineID (not the Line display name which can be anything) or phone number I enter that in my secondary Google address book. You can add a contact back in if you have the LineID. Having the Line display name does not get you anything. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I haven't looked in LINE awhile and did they take out "stories" and the other function that's similar to stories, loom or whatever it's called.  It's nice to look at the girls' stories once awhile to keep the good memories and happy moments. LINE seems to have deleted that function?

Also many months ago when I updated LINE it just doesn't work right, I think my newer version doesn't match up with girls' older versions and there are problems with that, can't see who liked the girls' post after the update and missed call (didn't ring) and only later got notification that I missed it. I shouldn't have update it!

On 16/09/2023 at 10:04, THguypattaya said:

loom or whatever it's called.  It's nice to look at the girls' stories once awhile to keep the good memories and happy moments. LINE seems to have deleted that function

Voom :) Yes, it's removed for all but a few Asian countries. You can get it back by hooking up your account with a Thai phone number. 

The other thing I haven't noticed. But now I'm scared to see if an update is available. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Voom :) Yes, it's removed for all but a few Asian countries. You can get it back by hooking up your account with a Thai phone number. 

The other thing I haven't noticed. But now I'm scared to see if an update is available. 

I have my USA number in line now , can I change to thai Number?  Does it allow that?

2 minutes ago, THguypattaya said:

I have my USA number in line now , can I change to thai Number?  Does it allow that?

I haven't tried something like that. But I think it's possible. Alternatively, start a new Line on a second phone with a Thai sim when you're back here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THguypattaya said:

Second sim on the same phone. Line does work. The sim you have line registerd with has not to be active btw. 

10 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

Yes, I switch to Thai sim once i am in Thailand and Line still works

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tatanka said:

Yes, I switch to Thai sim once i am in Thailand and Line still works

Not thai sim I mean thai number in line account profile

4 minutes ago, THguypattaya said:

Not thai sim I mean thai number in line account profile

I created my account with a Thai number long time ago which doesn't exist anymore. I must have had about 4 different numbers by now. Line still works for me. 

On 06/01/2023 at 23:07, THguypattaya said:

Not sure what you mean by other contact info (?) WhatsApp? FB? IG? personal phone #? I guess it comes down to what you're looking for: (1) a sexual partner ONLY, or (2) something more

my two cents:

My experience is LINE is where business is done, and LINE is all I use. I'm not interested in seeing photos of my 1500b ST playing with her 3 children in the dirt of Isan. 

When I want to share personal photos, or a TG wants to share them with me, we do it through LINE.

But I'm not interested in 'dating' anyone, so your interests may differ. I like my relationships with paid companions to be 'private' and not part of mine or her social media. LINE offers a level of privacy, not total privacy, but some.

Imagine if my brother, or my employer saw on my FB that I was friends with a 21yo Thai BG mother of 2? I'd probably have a fair amount of explaining to do.

But thats me :P

Also in my short tenure here (18 months) not one of my contacts has gone missing from their LINE account.

my two cents

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

14 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

Ok I found the following and comments said it works. So if you need to change your Line number from one country to another, check the following. (Didn't work for me cause I am in the US and when I put the Thai sim in to get the verification code, couldn't get it because my Thai prepaid sim doesn't have roaming I don't think, sucks, I will set it up in Thailand next time then, meanwhile I got no "stories" and voom  😞  )

1. Set email address in your account settings

2. Settings > chats > backup to Google drive

3. Uninstall Line (might work with a logout but I didn't try that)

4. Reinstall line using your new phone number

5. Login using your email address, it will automatically ask you to restore chats from backup (contacts are saved to your line account on their side)

Edited by THguypattaya

Line account issue:

I had a line account and used it on trips abroad. It was setup poorly as I had used my name as part of the line id. So I wanted to change this.

I uninstalled the app and reinstalled. In the process, I intentionally let the system wipe out my old account. I reused my phone number to verify again. I added one user back in successfully by using their phone number from my contacts list.

So far so good. I set up a new line ID. I was trying to add more contacts by using their line ID. This has not been successful. After trying many things, including deleting the app again and reinstalling, I am now in a state that when I try to verify the account again with my phone number I get the message, Verification is temporarily blocked please wait 50 days and try again. What kind of nonsense is this?

Before I uninstalled it the last time, I believe I was getting a similar error message but it was on the order of twenty some days. I start to think that there is a waiting period penalty if you ever change your line ID. Since I did it twice I got twice the penalty?? I am a little worried as my trip is in less than 50 days.

My thought to fix is to wait until I have a new number in Thailand and try again. Any ideas are appreciated.

Edited by AlbyBack

52 minutes ago, AlbyBack said:

My thought to fix is to wait until I have a new number in Thailand and try again. Any ideas are appreciated.

Just an observation--no one can see your LineID other than Line. You can give it out for other people to add you and then they would see it, but they are not going to see it unless you give it to them. Your "Display Name" is changeable at any time from within Settings, and is the only name that other Line users can see. You could still let others add you by phone number, or you could be the one adding them with their LineID. 

From the outside looking in, my observation is that you turned a small annoyance into a big problem. 🙂 I'm sure you have an entirely different point of view. Basically, you could have gotten around the "I used part of my name in my LineID" annoyance by just not giving out your LineID to anyone, and only asking them for theirs. (They will not see your LineID when they add you back, only your DisplayName.)

If you want to change your LineID (to the best of my recollection) is that you have to abandon that old LineID account and start a new one with the LineID that you want. Waiting until you have a fresh new working phone number may well be your best option. 

Deleted vs blocked 

This contact she didn't read my messages for awhlie now, when I checked if she blocked me via the "sticker" method I am not blocked. I was able to see she had a update recently in her profile picture, am I deleted? (If there is no update or anything in her profile, I guess I am deleted from her list?)

Actually how do I tell if I am deleted or blocked? what's the difference? how do I tell? thanks

Hope someone can help me here. My Line Voom has stopped working and I get a message that it is no longer supported in my country, Australia. I have my account linked to my Oz mb number. Is there a way to get around this and get Line Voom back ?? Missing the updates of my contacts 😬

Thanks in advance.