IGNORED

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Notherenow

11 hours ago, Tatanka said:

I have recently bought a new phone and installed Line again.

Now i am wondering how I can see the girls' Line ID on the old phone so I can add them again ?

You can only have LINE on one phone at a time so when you installed it on your new phone then assuming you signed in with the same ID it will delete everything on the old phone.

If you registered your LINE with an email and password on your old phone then it will restore your LINE contacts on your new phone when you log in, if not I'm afraid you will have lost them.

Obviuosly, as @garzan said, if you have written down the LINE ID's somewhere then you can re-enter them.

• 1 month later...

Line id weirdness.

Last two times I tried to connect with someone by entering my line id on their phone, I couldn't be found (QR works fine.) The only thing I can think of is I recently changed my display name. Been rummaging around settings and haven't been able to spot anything promising. Any ideas? 

Cheers in advance. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

you enter it by hand on their phone?

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

1 minute ago, petehoax said:

you enter it by hand on their phone?

On one occasion yes. The other was a fellow BM I connected with through PM here. I sent my line id and he said no results. So we solved it with QR. Very strange as it always worked fine in the past. 

if you copy paste it, it's possible that it didn't work due to some utf encoding stuff (that i don't 100% understand). 
i have this problem happening (very) occassionally on TF: girls post their profile ID on their profile, but it doesn't work when i copy paste it into the line app. but when i type it in manually by hand (it looks exactly the same), it works. even if i copy it via a text file (to remove any formatting), i still have problems. 

it's not a regular occurence, but it happens from time to time. 

might be something similar to your problem. if you want to "research": try typing it by hand via PM (or copy pasting it from a txt file without formatting) and see if the problem persists. (feel free to send it to me by PM, i can test it). 

that doesn't explain the problems when you enter it by hand, but it might be correlated and for example be a result of a slightly different encoding when used on thai phone, even with english keyboard. 

but it's a big guess, probably i'm off. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

3 minutes ago, petehoax said:

feel free to send it to me by PM, i can test it

Thanks mate. Gonna try some more research. Just had it right now. Entered by hand. Can't be found. Must have something to do with my changing screen name. 

2 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Line id weirdness.

Last two times I tried to connect with someone by entering my line id on their phone, I couldn't be found (QR works fine.) The only thing I can think of is I recently changed my display name. Been rummaging around settings and haven't been able to spot anything promising. Any ideas? 

Cheers in advance. 

fwiw for anyone else reading this: we looked at it by PM. the reason for the problem was very simpel: 
"allow others to add me by ID" was turned off (in settings --> profile) , that's why it didn't work. 

3 minutes ago, petehoax said:

fwiw for anyone else reading this: we looked at it by PM. the reason for the problem was very simpel: 
"allow others to add me by ID" was turned off (in settings --> profile) , that's why it didn't work. 

Indeed. And problem 2 was I was trying to fix this in the desktop version. Which has certain odd kinks. Went to the mobile version and easy peasy. Also don't remember turning that off. 

2 hours ago, bangna said:

Checking my account it states ID not set

So set one. 🙂  One recommendation; I would NOT recommend using a phone number as your LineID. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Garzan said:

So set one. 🙂  One recommendation; I would NOT recommend using a phone number as your LineID. 

It was more to advise that you can run Line without an ID, I have always swapped accounts via QR code during face to face encounters.

Definitely would not use telephone number but is ID viewable, (not display name).

Edit: I'm pretty dumb when it comes to social media apps.

Edited by bangna

44 minutes ago, bangna said:

Definitely would not use telephone number but is ID viewable, (not display name).

Edit: I'm pretty dumb when it comes to social media apps.

no, your line ID is not visible to anyone except yourself. 
Of course, if you share your id with someone (like in a PM here), then they will see it. 
But your contacts etc never see your line id.

So i suggest pick whatever you want, but pick something that is 
a) not your real full name
b) easy to type / tell someone. so "lsk%/sdl4fkj92" is a bad choice, "JonathanMiller" probably as well. but why not "bangna555" or something like that. 

13 hours ago, bangna said:

As @petehoax says, it's only visible to you and yourself, no one else that you don't manually pass it along to. 

Assuming you don't have a Thai Friendly ID that changes each week, one idea would be to use whatever ID you use on Thai Friendly or other hookup apps. I agree with making it simple and easy to type. There is no reason at all to make it a complex password-like combination of characters and symbols. 

I'd agree that something like "mr.bangna" would be a decent choice--unless you want to keep your LineID well separated from your PA ID. 

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, Macarto said:

How do you pin a message on LINE?

If you want a particular message to stick at the top of the screen, you right click on an existing message and "announce" it. I'm not sure if that is what you mean by pinning a message. 

4 hours ago, Garzan said:

If you want a particular message to stick at the top of the screen, you right click on an existing message and "announce" it. I'm not sure if that is what you mean by pinning a message. 

Similar to pinning on telegram, starring on whatsapp.

I have a strange problem today: I cannot see any pictures etc. for all my friends anymore - when I display them from the friends list then there is simply no button anymore. There are only buttons for 'chat', 'voice call' and 'video call'. But the button to show pictures or VOOM content is gone.

Any idea what to do?

7 hours ago, Orgynizer said:

Any idea what to do?

The things I would try:

• check if there is a software update available and upgrade 
  • restart the phone
  • uninstall the app and install again 

5 hours ago, Dutcher said:

The things I would try:

• check if there is a software update available and upgrade 
  • restart the phone
  • uninstall the app and install again 

Yeah, thanks: A LINE update fixed the issue. 😊

• 3 months later...
On 30/12/2017 at 07:44, Notherenow said:

How to Unsend a message that will be deleted for you and the recipients (hopefully)

This is a new feature, was only released in November I think. But it has already saved me from getting booted out of a group twice for sending irrelevant messages.

As usual iPhoners no fucking idea!

BTW you only have 24 hours or the message is a permanent feature!

On the screen regarding notifications and updates I am referring to the recipients phone

Screenshot_2017_12_30_10_09_39.thumb.jpg.eebf838b3d425749527f50c85ff8464a.jpgScreenshot_2017_12_30_10_09_47.thumb.jpg.da9fc7f13d78ea6a4b0b813ab24ba175.jpg

Screenshot_2017_12_30_10_09_58.thumb.jpg.9081b0648290a333a847c724a5e0495c.jpg

Screenshot_2017_12_30_10_10_11.thumb.jpg.daf164f3b8de8ee0dff2b218445635f1.jpg

So to unsend picture, it depends if they auto update their app , if they don't then you can unsend but they will still have your picture?

59 minutes ago, THguypattaya said:

So to unsend picture, it depends if they auto update their app , if they don't then you can unsend but they will still have your picture?

An unsend removes from everyone--other person or the rest of the group chat. However, if they've already seen it, they have already seen it. 

A delete removes from you alone. Also, if you delete something for you, then you will be unable to unsend it (since you don't have it anymore to unsend.) 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Garzan said:

An unsend removes from everyone--other person or the rest of the group chat. However, if they've already seen it, they have already seen it. 

A delete removes from you alone. Also, if you delete something for you, then you will be unable to unsend it (since you don't have it anymore to unsend.) 

Thanks for that.

I tested it and unsent a message, it did it and said it's unsent, however we can't be sure if the recipient side is also unsend because we don't know what version they have right? (Even though it says "unsend", I suppose our end will still say unsend if they got older version and still got the message/picture)

lol what I want to do is get TF chat into Line then send them my pic there, then unsend soon after, but I suppose it works depending on if they use auto update and won't if they got older version, also they can screen shot it etc. but what other options are there, better than nothing I suppose but man I don't want my pic out there for family and few other reasons lol.

Another question I sent a msg at 8pm, and I looked at it then went to mess around with Line for 1,2 min and came back. Still no "read" message. Then I came back like 2,3 hours later and it does have "read" but the time is also 8pm, that means it was sent at 8pm and read is just it's read but not read at 8pm right? ok I got it now as I am typing this lol. It's kinda confusing I tho it was read at 8pm.

7 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

but what other options are there, better than nothing I suppose but man I don't want my pic out there for family and few other reasons lol.

If you are that concerned about a photo of yourself, don't send one. The photo I'd send if I were sending photos would be a generic touristy solo skyline photo. Or is that you are seeing a Pattaya skyline a closely guarded government secret? 

As an aside, an identifiable Pattaya skyline or Pattaya Bay in the background photo helps to establish that you are actually in Pattaya with the people you might be sending a photo to--and not a frigging time-waster from half a planet away. 🙂 

• Like 1

In my limited experience with messaging Thai Girls, one of the quickest ways to get a response is to "Unsend" a message - every time I do, I (relatively) quickly get "why you unsend message???" 555

I want to transfer my LINE account from a LG Android phone (with Google) to a HUAWEI Android phone (without Google). 

Any ideas about how to transfer all the chat history? Google Drive is not available for this operation 🙄.