IGNORED

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Notherenow

On 24/08/2021 at 20:23, petehoax said:

i would guess so. 

i've personally never even heard of "explore" and never had it show up it my app. some googling shows that it's a feature they released in april 2020 (called "discover" in japan and "explore" outside of japan). but it certainly never showed up in my app, regardless of my location... 

i assume it's linked to the phone number (which is a non-thai number for line in my case). 

anyone here has this feature? https://official-blog-en.line.me/archives/1077100398.html gives a quick description. 

I have 2 accounts. The Thai registered one (on secret mode 😘) has 'Explore' and is full of ads. The UK registered one doesn't have it and doesn't have the ads either. I know which I prefer

• 4 weeks later...

I was trying a bunch of apps to use for 2 Line accounts from the Play Store. None of them worked. The app suggested in this Topic called App Cloner is no longer available in the Play Store.

In case anyone is having trouble like I did, I downloaded App Cloner from the web and manually installed it into my phone. FYI, I am running Android 12. App Cloner was the only one that worked for me. The "App Cloner Premium" that currently exists in the Play Store is only an upgrade and you WILL NEED the original app first if you Desire to upgrade. 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/applisto/app-cloner/

Hope this helps.

hi

i wonder if some kind expert would answer these questions

all being well im over there late February and like many would like to use line to contact the ladies

so:

1 i have line on my phone back here in the Uk, when I get to Los i presume ill be getting a thai sim

but will i be able to log into my existing line account on that, or will i have to create a new one?

2 How do you search for gals on line or do you have to have their i.d.

Cheers Beet

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

From within the app set up an email and password on your account. Otherwise you will need the same SIM/number to be recognised. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, beethoven said:

hi

all being well im over there late February and like many would like to use line to contact the ladies

so:

1 i have line on my phone back here in the Uk, when I get to Los i presume ill be getting a thai sim

but will i be able to log into my existing line account on that, or will i have to create a new one?

2 How do you search for gals on line or do you have to have their i.d.

Cheers Beet

1. Just change to your new thai tel. on your account. You will get a confirmation sms to verify...change back when you are in uk again...

2. You need there lineid, you can not search for girl?

use Password login on your line account, even if Line say it’s not good for security reasons...

12 hours ago, beethoven said:

hi

so:

I don't think you need to do anything to LINE.  You can install a new SIM and LINE will work fine with no changes required on your phone. There will be no requirement to 'log in' again.

I believe you only need to let LINE know your mobile number on initial set up. Once you have 'registered' your email and password with LINE it will save all your contacts but NOT the chat contents. You need to backup your chat if you change phones (not sims) or re-install LINE if you want to keep chat messages. You can only have LINE on one phone at a time.

I have changed my sim many times in many countries on my travels including many Thai sims and never had any problem or had to do anything - providing it is the same phone. 

When I have upgraded my phone I log in on the new phone using the 'registered' email and password only. LINE then automatically 'disconnects' itself from the old phone. Contacts have always been kept by LINE. I don't bother with chat backup as I have no need for it.

I am using an iphone. I can't comment on Android but I don't see why it should be any different.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

In 2019 I was using two different SIMS, exchanging them in and out daily.

My LINE was not effected.

Fast forward to 2021, and I had my USA SIM information added to my internal e-SIM (i-Phone) and use my external SIM tray for my Thailand SIM.

Again, there are no issues.

Another query for the tech guy's. 

I was wasting time on the flight over to Thailand yesterday and clearing out some rubbish on my phone. Noticed i had about 2 gig of data and another gig of cached in LINE. I'm keeping the data but was thinking of deleting the cached stuff. What is in the cached? Don't want anything useful disappearing 

On 06/01/2018 at 04:29, just hanging said:

these are all you need

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

11 copy.jpg

Where are these found are the real as not in the Bear100 daily use when i checked

This is quality thread . Thank you 

Newbie here sorry if the questions are redundant 

I have some work/Juristic Office contacts on moi phone

1. Can they see who I add?

2. Can they see when I am online using Line?

3. Can they see my friend's list?

Thank you 

16 minutes ago, The_Only_One said:

This is quality thread . Thank you 

Newbie here sorry if the questions are redundant 

I have some work/Juristic Office contacts on moi phone

2. Can they see when I am online using Line?

3. Can they see my friend's list?

Thank you 

As far as I know, the answer is NO to all your questions.

However I would be very careful about putting anything on the Timeline as I'm not sure how that works and any posts there could be visable to your other contacts. Perhaps someone here knows more about how this works?

• Thanks 1

On 22/11/2021 at 04:53, lovermand66 said:

1. Just change to your new thai tel. on your account. You will get a confirmation sms to verify...change back when you are in uk again...

there's no need to change a number. just switch the sim card and that's it. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

2 hours ago, The_Only_One said:

If you are asking can the person you added see that you added them, then yes.

If you are asking if Person B, C, or D who are already added can see that you added Person A then no. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tt2008 said:

However I would be very careful about putting anything on the Timeline as I'm not sure how that works and any posts there could be visable to your other contacts. Perhaps someone here knows more about how this works?

Settings > Timeline > Share Settings > Exclude.    Contacts that you don't want to see existing and future timeline posts.

Settings  > Timeline > Allow new Friends.  Turn off so that new friends aren't automatically included to the share settings.

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

10 hours ago, petehoax said:

there's no need to change a number. just switch the sim card and that's it. 

I know, but the question was how to do it? You dont even need a simcard. You can use your wifi 

I need help. I have skimmed the thread and apologies if I have missed it but…

How do I use a Line QR code sent to me  to add a new Line freind?

When the girl sends me her line ID I know how to add her. But simetimes they message me a QR code onThai friendly when she sends me a QR code

I can’t scan it because she sent it to me on my iPhone? Sorry if it’s a stupid question but as I said I need help.

3 hours ago, Userhocroth said:

How do I use a Line QR code sent to me  to add a new Line freind?

save the QR code to your phone photo gallery

from the Line Home screen select add contact (upper right)

select QR code

in the lower right there should be a small box, tap it to open your phone gallery

select the QR code you saved to your phone. 

Edited by Garzan
answer
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

can someone please tell me how to take pics that have been sent to me on LINE off my phone and keep them on my computer it wont let me do it

IF THE LAST TRAIN TO HEAVEN STOPS AT PATTAYA GET OFF

57 minutes ago, thailandkid said:

can someone please tell me how to take pics that have been sent to me on LINE off my phone and keep them on my computer it wont let me do it

On your phone select the photo from your LINE chat you want to save by preeing it. At the bottom right of the photo there is a down arrow, press this and press Save to Device. This will put the photo into your camera roll. You can then transfer to your computer in the normal way you transfer photos from your phone.

(Note: this is on an iphone)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tt2008 said:

On your phone select the photo from your LINE chat you want to save by preeing it. At the bottom right of the photo there is a down arrow, press this and press Save to Device. This will put the photo into your camera roll. You can then transfer to your computer in the normal way you transfer photos from your phone.

(Note: this is on an iphone)

on android the same, but you can also click on the share icon instead and share it to whatever you want (google drive, dropbox, email or similar)

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Last saturday I used my Line account to pay a seller for a laptop he advertised on FBook took all my details for delivery etc...nothing has arrived and now when I try calling him I don,t get a reply....I have his girlfriends bank account details of my payment (Kasikorn) I,m wondering where to proceed from here?

1 hour ago, petermik said:

Last saturday I used my Line account to pay a seller for a laptop he advertised on FBook took all my details for delivery etc...nothing has arrived and now when I try calling him I don,t get a reply....I have his girlfriends bank account details of my payment (Kasikorn) I,m wondering where to proceed from here?

Start at 8:41.

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

9 hours ago, petermik said:

Just had a message...through Line.... from the seller to say he will ship it out tomorrow....phew

I have recently bought a new phone and installed Line again.

Now i am wondering how I can see the girls' Line ID on the old phone so I can add them again ?

5 minutes ago, Tatanka said:

I have recently bought a new phone and installed Line again.

Now i am wondering how I can see the girls' Line ID on the old phone so I can add them again ?

You can't see the LineIDs. You either write them down somewhere else when you get them (I use Google Contacts "notes" field for that) or you have a valid email address attached to your Line account and get your contacts reimported from Line when you log in on the new phone. I'm the non-trusting low tech type in this instance and prefer to write LineID's down in another location when I get them. 

Edited by Garzan