IGNORED

Line Messenger Tips and Tricks (how to tell if you have been blocked and other tips)

Notherenow

How to determine if you are blocked

When you are blocked your messages will not be received ever they are lost in the ether!5a478bf88a08c_Step1.thumb.jpg.773b79e8ba6f2b14187655dedb0457c1.jpg5a478bfe25e0a_Step3.thumb.jpg.c8c48d7782a458e5ecb8b9df29aab9a9.jpg5a478c030689d_Step4.thumb.jpg.d7457bb0de2e227ec3f8fdb5058d0f1e.jpg5a478c0b66582_Step8.thumb.jpg.0db12baaf32a3e4908ea888e64fabbca.jpg5a478c06d8925_Step7.thumb.jpg.f1f08c7163439efedff03d2d186f7f37.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Following with interest, great topic :) 

14 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

How to determine if you are blocked

When you are blocked your messages will not be received ever they are lost in the ether!

FYI, This method is not available on the iphone version at the moment.

13 minutes ago, wingcom1 said:

Question:  On the PC version I noticed a 'note' function:

5a47914e89669_ScreenShot2017-12-30at20_13_29.png.b0a95a2a70762546b23d55a82e762125.png

Does anyone know what this does?  Is it for private notes (same as TF and very useful) or are they broadcast?

It's shared amongst you and the contact. 

How to set up Multiple Accounts on the 1 device (Edited changed app)

Edit 2: Many new phones have a dual app functionality built in so check if your phone has that function first.

The following app allows you to set up a second line account. For that matter also multiple anything account that generally have a restriction Facebook Viber etc. 

Sorry iPhone users but not sure this is something that your device is capable of, though you will definitely be able to set up another account on a PC (information in future posts). But other iPhone users may be able to tell us if they have similar apps in there app store?

I wont go into the install process as I think it is fairly self explanatory, but if you run into problems am happy to help.

Now of course you are going to need another set of credentials. This can be done with another sim number. Does not have to be yours, any number that can receive a verification sms. The number has little to do with your account apart from the verification. You can also set up an account with Facebook credentials which I will explain in future posts.

There are a multitude of these apps that allow you to set up a seperate accounts for LIne so for each App Cloner styled app installed you can have a seperate Line account. But I found this one clean and easy.

Edited

App: App Cloner (better option than the previous app mentioned)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.applisto.appcloner&hl=en

Edited by Iamkanga

10 minutes ago, wingcom1 said:

Just a comment:  I find myself increasingly using the PC version.  Much more efficient when swivelling between TF and Line

Your case warrants a dual display! 

30 minutes ago, tt2008 said:

FYI, This method is not available on the iphone version at the moment.

You can do as the Op says on iPhone but I don't think it will reveal to you if you are blocked. I've just tested it on some different contacts, especially one I know I'm not blocked on and it wouldn't let me send to her. I'm thinking Line doesn't allow iPhone users to send sticker packages to Android users. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

That interesting as it really has nothing to do with the phone not like imessage. Cant understand why the app would make a distinction between IOS and Android. But I have now way of testing.

43 minutes ago, wingcom1 said:

Question:  On the PC version I noticed a 'note' function:

5a47914e89669_ScreenShot2017-12-30at20_13_29.png.b0a95a2a70762546b23d55a82e762125.png

Does anyone know what this does?  Is it for private notes (same as TF and very useful) or are they broadcast?

Thanks mate it reminded me of another worthy entry regarding Timeline Notifications.

4 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

That interesting as it really has nothing to do with the phone not like imessage. Cant understand why the app would make a distinction between IOS and Android. But I have now way of testing.

Agree it's interesting because it allowed it to some contacts but not to others, the IOS vs Android reasoning was the only one I could think of. 

When you go to buy Coins it does state they can only be used on IOS devices so that leads me to believe they are making a distinction between the two platforms, perhaps how they've coded the app to work on each one. 

RE: storing Line contact details outside of Line (in case of accidental deletion or whatever.)

I have a secondary Google account, and use the Contacts app from that account to store Line and TF details. Google Contacts has a large notes area, and using it saves any embarrassed blushes if you happen to write your note in a shared space. And added bonus is if you add contact info on the phone in Google Contacts, Line can automatically suck out the phone number and automatically match it to a Line account (if she gave you the same phone number she used to register her Line account.)

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Agree it's interesting because it allowed it to some contacts but not to others, the IOS vs Android reasoning was the only one I could think of. 

When you go to buy Coins it does state they can only be used on IOS devices so that leads me to believe they are making a distinction between the two platforms, perhaps how they've coded the app to work on each one. 

There could be 1 small thing to check and that is trying another sticker pack as it could coincidently be they have the selected pack. Though unlikely. The same technique also works for theme packs.

There is another way but far less thorough,  that is if you could previously see their posts on their home page but no longer can its a pretty good chance your blocked!

15 minutes ago, Iamkanga said:

There could be 1 small thing to check and that is trying another sticker pack as it could coincidently be they have the selected pack. Though unlikely. The same technique also works for theme packs.

There is another way but far less thorough,  that is if you could previously see their posts on their home page but no longer can its a pretty good chance your blocked!

I think you could be right there. I tried 1 package for a contact and it wasn't allowed, then tried a different package and it was ok to send. 

Home page non visibility can be a sign you're blocked but a user can always change who can and can not see their home page while not blocking them.  

58 minutes ago, Dr No said:

You can do as the Op says on iPhone but I don't think it will reveal to you if you are blocked. I've just tested it on some different contacts, especially one I know I'm not blocked on and it wouldn't let me send to her. I'm thinking Line doesn't allow iPhone users to send sticker packages to Android users. 

I believe Apple asked LINE to remove the 'gifting' option a while back.

https://thenextweb.com/apps/2013/05/10/apple-forces-line-to-remove-the-ability-to-send-virtual-items-as-gifts-from-its-ios-app/

I couldn't find a way of sending stickers or Coins to a TG with an Android phone from my iphone when I tried a while back.

3 minutes ago, Dr No said:

I think you could be right there. I tried 1 package for a contact and it wasn't allowed, then tried a different package and it was ok to send. 

Home page non visibility can be a sign you're blocked but a user can always change who can and can not see their home page while not blocking them.  

So we are saying it works on an iPhone with the caveat to try a number of different sticker packs or themes to be sure?

Correct about the homepage. But given the lack of technological sophistication of our lovely companions it's probably unlikely.

I don't think most of them know what setting are! 555

A go to for me is to ask them if they know their Gmail password. Most dont. But if they do its a sign they have at least a small clue

8 minutes ago, tt2008 said:

I believe Apple asked LINE to remove the 'gifting' option a while back.

https://thenextweb.com/apps/2013/05/10/apple-forces-line-to-remove-the-ability-to-send-virtual-items-as-gifts-from-its-ios-app/

I couldn't find a way of sending stickers or Coins to a TG with an Android phone from my iphone when I tried a while back.

I was only able to test this using the Free Sticker packages. The pay for packages are, as you say, unable to be gifted to any contact.